Morris Tap and Grill
500 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morris Tap and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://morristapandgrill.com/
- Phone: (973) 891-1776
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 12-10
Friday and Saturday 12-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Eric LeVine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Any catering questions, please call 973-891-1776.
A word from Morris Tap and Grill
The Morris Tap & Grill (MTG) is a place designed to provide friends and families a place to enjoy great food and special times. Our new chef, Food Networks' "Chopped Champion" Eric LeVine and his culinary team are excited to bring to you a menu sure to be the most unique around and by far the best. Not to be out-done, our acclaimed beer menu will always offer you the latest in hand-crafted beers. Beer isn't your thing?? Try one of our signature cocktails or one of our 14 wines by the glass. Our Happy Hour and bar specials are not to be missed.. Mon - Friday, 4pm-7pm, enjoy $4 select craft beers. Select wines by the glass are $6 and select martinis are $5! Tuesday..select pints are half price!!! Thursdays, Happy hour never stops!! Happy Hour till we close! Make sure you like on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with our many happenings: Cooking Classes, Kitchen Bar, Cuisine and Brew Clubs as well as many other events we come up with every day!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Morris Tap and Grill - Best Restaurants in Randolph ›
Morris Tap and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Decent enough I'd go back.CaitlindBDined on 11/22/2014Went there for date night with my husband. Had a reservation so we were seated immediately which was nice since they were busy. It took a while before the waiter came by to take our order, although he did stop in and tell us that he was waiting on someone's espresso and wasn't ignoring us. After he took our order we didn't see him again until midway through our entrees. Luckily they had enough staff that we didn't feel "neglected" per say but we had no rapport with our actual waiter. We were taken care of by the bussers so I hope they share in the tips! Drinks came after we'd already started our appetizers. Regarding the food, the wings were the best out of everything and pretty much the reason I'd go back (that and the sangria!). The entrees were underwhelming. It wasn't a disappointing dinner exactly...better than Applebees type chain and about on par with my local pizza place. Next time I'll just sit at the bar and order wings and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were both great!debkDined on 11/22/2014Really enjoyed our first dining experience here - will be going back. Food was very tasty, service was very good, and the atmosphere was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Will Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/20/2014Our first time at this casual dining restaurant and what a pleasant surprise. Food was really good - especially liked the crab and shrimp balls. Our server was excellent. Very welcoming and accommodating. A nice touch was having the chef/owner come by our table to chat about our experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tallDined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere was good and so was the service. The food was something specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with Burgers & BeerRandolphdadDined on 11/8/2014I don't understand why this place has gotten excellent reviews. It is noisy like a diner. We made a 6:30 reservation and were brought to a table in the back dining room where it was extremely noisy (lots of small children). No one approached our table for the next 15 minutes. My husband and daughter ordered burgers which were nicely done. My salmon was fair. I could tell that it was frozen salmon since I make salmon at least 2x per week and buy fresh. They have an excellent selection of beers as well.
- Exactly rightbuckeyeDined on 11/4/2014Such an interesting menu. And the food and service matched that. Visited o n a Tuesday night so we could talk with our friends. Restaurant about half full so it must be very energetic when full. Would definitely visit again soon. The short ribs were excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome beerbeersnob122Dined on 10/28/2014The draft and bottle list is second to none here in NJ. If you are a craft beer enthusiast, you HAVE TO check this place out. Do not be surprised when you get a hefty bill after the beer and food, but its so worth every penny!Special Features:
- Not good at allFoodhoundDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I visited Saturday night at 7pm. All parking spaces were full and were redirected to valet parking. Something wrong because there were many open tables. Issue is a large "bar crowd". Ordered appetizer, drinks, and dinner. Calamari was good but my wife order pumpkin soup, which never arrived. Reminded waiter, who brought it with her entree. I had the short rib sandwich, house specialty, that contained fat in the first bite. My wife had a pork loin dinner which looked like it was thrown on the plate with some chopped up potatoes. Overall, expensive and not worth the trip. Too many other great choices in the area to settle for this.
- Too noisy but the food was great!BellyforfoodDined on 10/24/2014Went for a casual dinner asked to sit far away from the bar. It did it matter as there was a loud birthday party next table. On the other hand the food was worth the trip. Great ribs and an even better turkey burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice, maybe a little overratedJslee822Dined on 10/18/2014Throughout the entire time, I thoroughly enjoyed the service, energy, and ambiance. I felt our food was okay, nothing to write home about. The ghost pepper wings were not that spicy, a little disappointing, and my steak roulade entree was very overcooked. I didn't complain though because the flavors were good, and it was a really busy night so I think my meal might've sat under the salamander a few minutes longer than ideal. My boyfriend's short rib sandwich was pretty good. Overall, I'd probably visit again but stick to the appetizers and burgers/sandwiches section of the menu.Special Features:
- Extremely slow servicesilverchikDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We had a reservation, but still had to wait a bit to get seated just because there was a line of people in front of us without reservations. They didn't take reservation people first or had a bad system of checking people in. Hostess seemed completely overwhelmed at her duties. Once at the table, it took almost 90 minutes to get our meals. The wing appetizers were delicious. My son's burger was very tasty. My husband and I ordered the short ribs, which were supposed to be a specialty. The short ribs were very dry with a burnt flavor. Overall, not a good experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedBelieve333Dined on 10/15/2014Went here for a small family celebration. The menu is very eclectic some Indian and Asian inspired dishes, some barbecue etc. we all ordered different meals. Not one of us liked our food. The Mac and cheese with pork was tasteless. It reminded me of the watery instant mac and cheese with some big pieces of barbecue pork thrown in. The mandarin style rice bowl dinner was so sakty it wasn't edible and the pasta with short rib was heavy floured gravy (also salty). Many better places in the area - won't go again.
- great beer selectionstrawberrythunderDined on 10/12/2014great craft beer selection draft and bottle. lots of tv's for football watching. interesting appitizers.
- Pumpkin cappuccino beer?JMRWDined on 10/10/2014As always Morris Tap was on point with food/drinks. Got a bourbon and beer flight that did not disappoint. Main course (short ribs/pork chop) was delicious. Only complaint was our app was forgotten.Special Features:
- Regular visitors with new company!AshesDined on 10/4/2014We had yet again an excellent meal! We were thrilled to see the stuffed meatball still on the menu and finally had the opportunity to have it! 3 out of the 6 ordered it and could believe how good and different it was!! They loved it! 2 out of group each had one of the Octobefest specials - both enjoyed them! Also, they LOVED the Caramel Apple Sangria!!! The first timers we brought really enjoyed themselves - couldn't believe how great the menu options were and the food was fantastic! They RAVED about the fried calamari - although we told them it was amazing!! Only issue was that we were disturbed the entire time by a table next to us who allowed their child to run around their table all night long and repeatedly bang into our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night outCaprioDined on 9/27/20141st time dining here and was very pleased. Appetizer was very good-Fried Calamari and entrees were very good also. Their menu has interesting selections. We will definitely go back to try some other choices. The bar was very busy, and would like to sit at the bar the next time. They have entertainment, which is a plus for us. All and all great night!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBeerFanDined on 9/27/2014Great food, excellent beer menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Sunday afternoon mealsjgkmgVIPDined on 9/21/2014A really nice place to grab a bite. The craft beer menu is really good. The food menu is varied and the service was great. The football games were on over by the bar but the place isn't a loud sports bar. Perfect place for couples, families and friends.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceMaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Can never go wrong here. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first time experience!MeganLeighDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try MT&G for months as our friends are regulars and friendly with Chef Eric. We were pleasantly surprised by the great service, food and, most importantly, the extensive beer list. We have been looking for a good ginger beer and they had an incredible one from the UK. We are going back just for that beer alone! Our server was very helpful and attentive and our dinners were served right away. Both our dinners were very good and the dessert (peanut butter brownie sundae with salted caramel gelato) was fantastic. Chef Eric even greeted all the guests at their tables. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentluvagoodmealVIPDined on 9/6/2014They give you delicious chips and a sauce . I had the ribs and my partner had the pork chop both delicious . Also had the Kane beer. Which was great . The fries were yummy. Everything was cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite!!NathalieDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Morris Tap and Grill many times for both lunch and dinner. It never disappoints! The fried calamari is some of the best we've ever had. Delicious fig and Gorgonzola flatbread. My husband had the half chicken. It was moist and perfectly seasoned. I had the Chef Eric special Basa with mozzarella fish with broccoli. It was so delicious, that though I was so full from the apps, I ate it all!! Our server Sebastian was friendly, and attentive. Chef Eric always comes out of the kitchen to greet his diners. We highly recommend Morris Tap and Grill! Make sure you make a reservation on Friday and Saturday night if you don't want to wait a long time! Then Enjoy!!Special Features:
- All Hail Chef EricMaps1102Dined on 9/5/2014My husband & I went here on a whim when it first reopened & heard that a Chopped Champion was the new executive chef. Fell in love with the food. We have brought so many people back with us & suggest it to anyone that asked. Out of everything we have ever order, & my husband doesn't like to eat the same thing twice, there hasn't been one dish that wasn't delish! Everything is cooked to perfection & any little requests (sauce of the side, no mayo, extra veggies, bacon tacos) has been done without any complaints. And the fact that Chef Eric takes the time to come out & talk to you & make sure that you enjoyed everything is just one more little thing that goes a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experienceDavidAlexanderDined on 9/1/2014This was my second time coming here and I am very pleased. Fish tacos were delicious. Fried calamari was the best I ever had. Good service, my only complaint was that it took too long for dessert and the check. Total time there was 2 hours which is a bit slow for courses in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Beerray7746Dined on 8/30/2014Decided to come to the Morris Tap and Grill for the extensive list of beers they always have on tap and was great as usual! The buffalo chicken dip is always a winner for an appetizer and the specials on the menu were great as well! Our server took the time to tell us what food options would pair best with the beers that we selected as well.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter Guiseppe was very attentive and friendly. He made out dining experience extra special!! Food was very good. We did not stay late, but what we heard of the musicians was very good too!!Special Features:
- Good as usual, but ....jcziiVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I really like this restaurant, and usually bring our adult children when they are available. The food is creative and tasty. We are going to not come as often as we have, as it is pricey. The service also constantly tries to sell. Asking for more expensive drinks, additional appetizer, desserts, espresso. I feel like they are trying to hard to sell and the bill is always higher than I want to spend for such a place.Special Features:
- Tabor Tavern "light"GumboGalDined on 8/19/2014Traveling west on Route 10 around dinner hour has prevented our visits for years. So, at the end of August, one has a chance of getting to MTG from Parsippany Morristown area in a reasonable amount if time. The atmosphere reflects strongly on the overall experience. A Home Goods decked out middle class Denny's diner. Everything (food, service) was ok. The bar area was full of young people, filling a void in this neighborhood. They have quite an extensive beer menu. A good place to meet east & west Morris County friends when there's no traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014food quality has dropped recently, used to be better. I will avoid it for a while. There are plenty of places to go that have better food and good beerSpecial Features:
- Great time.YummYumDined on 8/8/2014Although prices were on the high side, the food was great! Two beers I was looking to try were also not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadarIrishInnsDined on 8/5/2014The food was fantastic, with a menu that changes by the season. The beer list is extensive. I go there often and is one of my favorite eateries.Special Features:
- Great food and brews!njfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Vegan and vegetarian friendly menu. Excellent and ever changing variety of craft beers on tap. Flights of beer and whiskey available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time and very enjoyable. My husband loved the extensive beer menu, especially the IPA week specials. We had the deconstructed caesar (nothing special), the short ribs pappardelle and the pork slab mac and cheese. Our entrees were excellent and piping hot. The desserts looked and sounded amazing but we didn't get any. The house made chips were a little over seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here...will be back!LisaandAlDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time here at MTG, recommended to us by 3 different people. They were right! Food was excellent, different dishes than your ordinary restaurant. Extensive craft beer menu and very decadent desserts. When we pulled in, the parking lot was packed. That's always a good sign of a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always On PointAimeeL911Dined on 8/1/2014We love to go to Morris Tap and Grill for "date night". The food is always on point and the ever-changing beer list is amazing. As a couple, we love to try new things but its hard for us to stray from getting something with Chef Eric's short ribs in them because they are that good.Special Features:
- Love this place!morristownguyDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten there three times in the last few weeks after being introduced to it by a friend. Chef Eric is creative and very personable. Giuseppe is our favorite waiter. Burger and wings were great. Especially like the flatbread and fish taco. We hope to return many times. Amazing beer selectionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Went for my wife's birthday and it was a very pleasant surprise. Would love to see more of a wine list, but the beer choices are awesome and the food was even better. Three Generations were at dinner and all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnercarolVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was very busy. The menu offers many options from burgers to entrees like Salmon. I was very pleased with the salad selections which included a deconstructed ceasar. The bar menu was good and one family member ordered a flight of bourbon for tasting,which was fun. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScottyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Nice variety with interesting twists. Chef clearly took time to think the menu thru. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersAshesDined on 7/14/2014I've been to MTG many times, but I took two friends who have never been. They both absolutely loved everything about MTG!! They also especially greatly appreciated our server - they raved about how wonderful and helpful he was. Both can't wait to return to explore everything on the menu - the one said she was simply blown away with the presentation alone of everything! Thanks for a great night; once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.