99 Yorkville Ave.
Toronto, ON M5R 3K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morocochocolat.com/
- Phone: 4169612202
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Afternoon Tea, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm
- Special Events: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries
A word from Moroco Chocolat
Our full service licensed restaurant, inspired by European salons, beckons to be enjoyed for those wishing to be transported to a Parisian hideaway. The black floors give the place a rock'n'roll feel while the sparkling chandeliers mimic modern glam. The restaurant has a plethora of savory items designed to satiate everyone's palate, all day long. Champagne is the perfect drink to compliment the savory items, though the sipping chocolate is just as decadent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moroco Chocolat reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)romantic (17)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had a reservation through online and added special request to make sure to have candles on my table. Upon on my arrival with my girl friend the sever asked for reservation name and assigned the table to us. The table that was assigned to us was right in front of washroom's. So I requested to the person who was severing us to change assigned different to us and then he end up changing our table. Also, I have made the special request for candles online reservation and I was expecting that my special request was taken care but no attention was paid to the details of the customer request. If special note on online reservation not taken care by employees then I do not see any point having that option on your website. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Lovely restaurant, attentive service, great food. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely tea, pleasure or businessCJfromTODined on 8/28/2014Reliable service, lovely setting, and generous portions make this a winner for afternoon tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehCocoDined on 7/27/2014Great location, great staff...everything was great except for the food. Chicken and waffles were a huge disappointment. Chicken was so deep fried and hard to eat that I almost cracked a tooth. The waffles were soggy and felt like they came out of a box.
- Pay attn to the billOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014The overall experience was pretty nice. The only one thing makes us a bit disappointed is that the restaurant automatically put the tips on the bill and did not let us know. I thought mandatory tips only apply to group of 6 and more. Please pay attention otherwise you may end up with paying double the tips.Special Features:
- excellent summerlicious mealchiaeatsDined on 7/19/2014Great food options for the summerlicious menu, and everything was very tasty. I really enjoyed the truffle mac n cheese, and the dulce de leche cake was heavenly. I've been once before for the s'mores, and I would definitely return for another meal or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentCriticDined on 7/19/2014Learned about this restaurant from Summerlicious menu. Upon arrival, learned they false advertised the menu. Lunch and dinner the same food being served with different pricing. Food was bland and portion was small. Complete rip off. Would not recommend to anyone and will not go back.
- Summerlicious disappointmentMurasakiDined on 7/19/2014When we sat down, we never even got water. Dessert was delicious but the main lunch wasn't so good.Special Features:
- most disappointing SummerliciousJK66Dined on 7/19/2014first they change the menu when you want to be a high end restaurant you don't serve mac and cheese. very disappointing i will never go again.the macaron are fare away from being good, you will find the same food if not better for less expensive in Loblaws.Special Features:
- Went for SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014This was my third time here. It was pretty quiet on a Saturday afternoon with the place at about half capacity or less. The salads were fresh but were a little too bland for my tastes. I had the mini sliders as the main and my wife had the truffled mac 'n cheese. I didn't expect much but the sliders were surprisingly amazing - super flavourful and super juicy. One of the best I've had. The mac 'n cheese was quite the opposite though and left something to be desired as it was slightly runny and bland. No flavour at all. Desserts were pretty standard fare. It's always nice to return once in a while and enjoy the unique and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Summerlicious lunchAAAADined on 7/19/2014Booked a Summerlicious birthday lunch here (07/19) with friends. Strangely, the menu we received at the restaurant was completely different from the one posted online on the official site, but we were given no reason as to why this change occurred. Nevertheless, we made our choices from their "new" menu, hoping it would still impress. The appetizers were nothing too special. The main course was most disappointing. We ordered a Truffle Mac&Cheese, which took an unbelievable 45 minutes to be served following the appetizer. When it finally arrived, the taste was bland and it looked carelessly executed and inconsistent. More frustrating was being charged $12 for "flat water", which was not explicitly expressed prior. Overall disappointing.Special Features:
- Great experiencefood4lifeDined on 7/18/2014It was a great experience. The mac and cheese ran out but the burger sliders were a delicious alternative. Great and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014First, the staff were professional and very nice. I felt sorry for them. The chef had quit just prior to Summerlicious taking his menu with him. Our choices were based on the menu on their website. It was totally changed and had only 2 main courses. The soup I had had good flavour but was luke warm. The Mac and Cheese was nothing special and was cold. I did send it back and a new one appeared promptly which was steaming hot. The Sliders were tasty but the buns were cold. Obviously, the kitchen had a problem that day. The desserts were very well done. I guess the pastry chef was the original. I do not wish to rate the restaurant based on this visit and hope to visit it again in the future when the kitchen will have it together.Special Features:
- Not what was expectedSarkeyDined on 7/13/2014We came to Morocco Chocolat for Summerlicious looking forward to trying the Lamb Shank Chocolate Fettuccine on the menu for lunch & dinner. We arrived for lunch and were 'greeted' by the hostess who did not crack a smile once, and just gave off a generally grouchy vibe. We were seated and handed our menus only to find out that the menu that had been posted online for Summerlicious was COMPLETELY different. No chocolate fettuccine, and nothing that was remotely similar to it. We inquired to our waitress as to why this was only to discover their chef had left shortly after the Summerlicious menus had been posted online therefore they had to make due. The pasta dish (mac&cheese) was tasteless, meatless & not worth going to the restaurant for.
- Moroco Chocolat is deceitfulfoodie0301Dined on 7/13/2014I went to Moroco Chocolat for the specific Summerlicious menu that they were offering and when we arrived at the restaurant they have changed the Summerlicious menu completely. Totally unacceptable as it's false advertisement. The restaurant should be obligated to keep the menu that they advertised or they should notify the customers ahead of time. The restaurant had the opportunity to advise when they called me to confirm my reservation. I have been going to Summerlicious for many years and this is the first time I have experience such nonsense. I would not recommend this restaurant ever to anyone...awful management. Unfortunately, we stayed at the restaurant as it was too late to make other arrangements.
- DisappointmentNicoVIPDined on 7/12/2014I made a reservation for the Summerlicious menu and was told everything is confirmed, even up until 24hr prior to arrival. When I was seated I still wasn't told that there wasn't a summerlicious menu (the sign at the door still says summerlicious is offered). It wasn't until I asked the server for the summerlicious menu that I was told they decided not to do it anymore. They said their kitchen couldn't handle it and that was it. We ordered something from there normal menu and the chicken was dry and overcooked. When we told the server, all she said was sorry and did not do anything about it. What a disappointment at this place.
- Moderate experienceYummDined on 7/11/2014Went to Moroco Chocolat for summerlicious. Though the dessert was excellent, i was less than happy that not only the menu changed from something special and unique to something moderate but the service was also very slow. I may go back again but would not recommend based on only a first experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backTOdinerDined on 7/11/2014Service was atrocious - at one point our waitress apologized because we had waited 20 mins for our mains. She said the kitchen was backed up (the restaurant was half full at most), then we didn't see her for another 20 minutes and had to ask another server to look into it. When our waitress did return, she was barely apologetic. And the food was mediocre, at best.
- Poor quilty foodJen703Dined on 7/11/2014Food is not good at all， too over priced to what is offered. Food got no flavour in it.. Super plain. Thought there would be lamb and chocolate pasta on the 2014 summerlicious menu , but when we arrived we were told that the menu on Toronto.ca isn't correct... Very disappointed. So I ordered the mini buger on the menu and the meat is not juicy at all. The only acceptable dish would be the dessert but it's very boring and the cheese cake they served is just something I can order anywhere else. Would not come again.Special Features:
- bad experienceYogiDined on 7/11/2014First time go to Moroco Chocolat, I was so disappointed because the Summerlicious menu changed and they didn't tell me when they called me to confirm my booking. Anyway, we ordered from the main menu. We had 2 drinks and 1 salad and we were waiting for our sandwiches for 45 mins. I believe our waitress forgot about our table, so my husband went inside the restaurant to check the status of our sandwiches. The other waiter said the kitchen was busy. This is not an excuse because other table came after us already got their food. We paid for our drinks and salad. No apology from anyone for the delay of our food. We went to other restaurant in Yorkville area to have dinner.
- My birthdayJamcanbeauty1Dined on 7/11/2014We went for summerlicious and left wanting more; We ordered the entire summerlicious menu and we were treated wonderfully by Jenna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not buy the foodFoodCritique1Dined on 7/5/2014My fiance and I went there for her birthday on a recommendation of a friend. We ended up ordering the Steak Tartar and the Salmon Gravlax. Wit a smore dish for (2-3) people. The service was fair, but the food took 30 to 40 minutes to arrive at our table. Small portions with large amounts of salad to help hide this fact. Dessert was interesting, they brought smores to our table and lit a fire so that we could cook it. Interesting concept, but terribly overpriced in my oppinion. Simply put, if you're going out with friends, get the desserts, and forgo on any food (you and your wallet will thank me for it).
- Prefer old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Didn't love the menu. Service was OK. Nice outdoor patio. Seemed to be a lot of couples there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Macaroon Cushion CutenessLooseWiresDined on 7/4/2014Tucked away into a corner of Yorkville. This place is absolutely the cutest restaurant/bakery I have been to yet. They have cute macaroon pillows and the food was delicious. We ate outside because the weather was perfect for it, however the inside decor was extremely nice. The food was yummy but somewhat small portions. We ordered 6 macaroons and they were extremely good, soft and chewy but not too sweet; the pistachio one is really good. Great place for a date!Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014Crabby1997Dined on 7/4/2014Came here for summerlicious lunch as we were attracted by the menu posted on the city of toronto website featuring lamb shank chocolate pasta. When we arrived, we found out the whole menu got changed because the original chef is no longer with the restaurant and they can't even serve what is on the original menu and there is no chocolate item on the new menu. We saw 5 tables getting up and leave right when they saw the menu (people do come here wanting chocolate). We stayed cause we were lazy to find another place to eat on a Friday but was dissapointed by the food.. The salmon and quinoa taste like ones that I can get in a food court and the truffle mac and cheese was served almost cold. I wont come back again till they change their menu
- Sunday BrunchMariaLDined on 6/29/2014So dissapointed. I've been to Marcoco for tea time and for just macaroons before and felt that it was really nice. But Sunday brunch last weekend was a total dissapointment. There were almost no options and what we did end up picking from the limited menu wasn't actually available becuase they ran out of avocados. So i ended up having the basic breakfast, which was WORSE than Cora's breakfast. On top of that, the service was so slow and i never ended up getting my extra bread. I was done my food by the time it arrived! I thought Maroco would be better than that. Do Not go there for brunch!Special Features:
- Romantic HideawayThursdayGuyDined on 6/25/2014Took the family here for a celebration dinner, as the guest of honour wanted to go somewhere "fancy". I knew of MoRoco from the delicious and outstanding macarons that they sell at the retail outlet out front. The dinner menu had a little something for everyone. 3 of us enjoyed the truffled mac & cheese. This dish was delicious and quite filling. Others had the nicoise salad with salmon. The food was well prepared, fresh and served very hot. The service we received was friendly and attentive. Sitting in a back corner, the ambiance for us was private and cozy. This would be an outstanding restaurant for young people to come for a romantic date night. Only caution is the price. VERY expensive for what is provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 5/27/2014Absolutely charming restaurant that seems to come from another era when everything was about elegance and refinement.Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the Moroco Chocolat reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The paired down menu was Very disappointing and did not reflect what was listed online. I've been here many times since the opening and the menu last war for brunch was amazing and we had a Great time. This time I could have been happier somewhere else and the food was nothing special. I do have to say I would try coming back for afternoon tea and of course the chocolate and macaroons but definitely not for a meal. I was really disappointed and was looking forward to this. The staff was a bit confused and the kitchen was more than confused.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The service we received was quite possibly the worst service I have ever received. I'm blown away that this place is still in business. I cannot imagine there is any repeat business. Clearly I would never go back, nor would I ever consider recommending this place.
- Things can go wrong in nice places!TorfanDined on 5/3/2014In the past, I enjoyed the lovely decor and the delicious food at Moroco. This time, I enthusiastically brought three friends with me for lunch. Unfortunately, one of the chefs was absent and we had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes just for omelettes. The service was also rushed and incomplete. I had to ask for coffee for the third guest and for cream and sugar after waiting some time. We were very tempted to leave. One of the guests was given a cheese omelette rather than the salmon omelette that she had ordered. The manager did explain the problem. She offered us fresh fruit while we were waiting. There were good points but overall, I was very embarrassed to submit my friends to all this disfunction.
- Food and atmosphereChocoloverDined on 5/1/2014The price was way too expensive for what my friend and I received. We ordered the fondue and it's crazy how strawberries aren't included in the fondue price. And $24 for such a small fondue is crazy too. It was delicious but it was very small for the expensive price. I also ordered the drink "a hot mess." I couldn't taste any of the flavour. Tasted like water. $12 for one drink is crazy expensive too. The service was great though. The couches are too low for the tables. Love the look of the restaurant though. Washrooms are cute and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice serviceseungDined on 5/1/2014When I ordered foods with a comment that it was my friend's birthday, the person who served us remembered that, and gave a small birthday cake. It was very thoughtful service. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough for the priceItstheexperience2Dined on 4/29/2014This was my second visit. The first was for tea, which I wouldn't do again. This time, for a friend's birthday, we chose from the menu and created a meal that we wanted. Everything was fine, but for the price, I'd have expected more. For example, I expected more in terms of quality cheese on the cheese tray. Also, our sipping chocolate was almost too cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Easter Weekend BrunchappleDined on 4/19/2014Interesting and fun menu. All our entrees and desserts were very tasty. Big selection of nice teas served in silver teapots. Great chocolate drinks and desserts. The service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunchTheEndDined on 4/13/2014Myself and my friends celebrated with a brunch at MoRoCo which was delicious. Several of them had not been before and raved about the decor, food, and drinks. Other than the closeness of the neighboring tables, there are no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a beautiful morning:-)vdidiDined on 4/13/2014It really was a beautiful morning! A perfect way to begin my Sunday actually after a weekend of spring cleaning. The music was very fitting for the scene too. Our waitress was kind enough to even confirm a song for me that was playing by The National. My boyfriend and I shared the chicken and waffles dish with a side of potatoes, as well as a cold and hot cup of dark chocolate. It was delicious and we enjoyed every bite. Since, I have recommended that my friend book her bachelorette party there, as I noticed the DJ booth and that MoRoco Chocolate serves dinner. We'll have to wait and see I guess:-) Have a great day! Victoria and SagarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Au ChocolatHarmonyDined on 3/26/2014Entre, main course, delicious. Pouring chocolate with whipping cream and truffle lovely. However not to be compared to chocolate in Paris. Valrohna is not best chocolate in the world. We've tried it before. Try another chocolate to your pouring chocolate. The chocolate ball was a treat the first time. Perfect little experience. This time a different recipe was used. Too sweet. passion fruit inside?, stick to your original. The customer should pour. This time our waitress poured. We did not have time for a picture or enjoy the experience ourselves. So in general wonderful venue if your wanting a different atmosphere say from the Windsor Arms or King Eddy. I will return. Experience , food this week 7/10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but coolBloodyMaryDined on 3/14/2014Very neat rococo decor, but a bit expensive for what you get. Very pleasant and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service and OverpricedNatureDined on 3/14/2014My friend and I and our four children had lunch last Friday at 1pm. The service was very slow and they were not busy at all. It was really over priced. The desserts were very good though.