1307 N. Scott Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mororestaurant.net/
- Phone: (302) 777-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Sunday and Monday).
Moro Will open for large parties of 20 or more on Sunday or Monday Nights. Lunch is also avilible Tuesday Thur Friday for groups of 10 or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael DiBianca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Moro caters off premise weddings, business dinners and non-for profit organizations. From 8 to 500 guests. See the entire catering document on the Moro web site Contact Eddwardo @ 302-777-1800
- Private Party Facilities: Moro offers semi-private dining for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60
- Private Party Contact: Edwardo Requena 3027771800x
- Special Events: Moro Restaurant features monthly wine dinners. All wine dinner & food pairings can be viewed at www.mororestaurant.net. Dinners begin at 7:00 PM.
A word from Moro
The contemporary setting of the dining area and exceptional food from 3 time nominated James Beard Chef Michael DiBianca make Moro one of Wilmington's best restaurants. The ambiance has a big city feel while the food and service ranks right up there with the best in the region. Moro offers a cuisine of Just Good Food along with an amazing wine list, Chef tasting menu is available upon request. Moro Wine Dinner Series. Recent acclaims include Zaget's Delaware's Best Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Delaware Today Magazine - Best New Restaurant, Best Service, Philadelphia Inquirer, Three Bells, Craig LaBanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Nice but noisyRadcliffeDined on 11/22/2014Nice meal until 6 loud people with a crying baby were seated next to us, even though there were other tables open. Food was good, although expensive, but the waiter was excellent and very good with explanations & accommodating our requests. Parking is a major problem since it's only on street without a parking lot and most spots are taken by residents. Another issue is the very awkward, dangerous steps entering the restaurant, but could be even worse if you have a couple drinks with dinner and leaving going down the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1270 reviews are from the Moro reviews archive.
- A great findCGSODined on 11/18/2014I was looking for a special restaurant for my girlfriend. After looking at so many restaurants, I picked Moro based on reviews. Did not regret the choice. The ceaser salad was wonderful. The choices for small plates was very varied and all great. The service was excellent. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameGoodWineGoodFoodDined on 11/13/2014Moro used to be one of the best in Wilmington, but our experience was poor. Food was mediocre and our waiter was brash and unsophisticated. Moro is not on our list of "Go To" spots in Wilmington anymore.
- Always wonderfulEllenVIPDined on 11/12/2014We try to get to Moro about every 6 weeks or so. We like the small plates and the sharing features of the menu. This last time we took and out of town guest who raved and said this was some of the best food she had ever eaten. This from a world traveler. We could hear the moans of delight from a nearby table. The cheese course is an excellent way to end a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We arrived to a dark side street, with parking on the street some distance from the door. The characters roaming the street were not appealing. We both have arthritis and don't want to walk on a dark street. Moro needs valet parking or a warning about available parking. Better street lighting would be a plus. We didn't get out of the car.
- tableme2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The two of us wanted a table at 6:30 = but open table only showed 5:00 and 8:15 soo we took 5:00. There were sooo many open tables still when we left at 6:40. What gives?? We ordered appetizer and dessert to half. At Eclipse , Union City Grill, etc. these are halved before coming to the table and in a very tasteful manner. At Moro's we had to half them ourselves. I didn't feel the warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moro Resuaurant 11/7/14FrantasticDined on 11/7/2014Everything was fantastic ! We took 2 friends that had never been before, we all did the Chef's Taste, They loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent!Motiv8rDined on 11/7/2014All around a super dining experience! One of our favorite places to go on "date nights!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding service food amazingAndyDined on 11/6/2014Never had a bad meals here I've been here for the last 3 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great selection of entreesalexDined on 11/1/2014they cover the whole lot: chicken, fish, pork, meat, and with unusual accompaniments - but delicious. I've been there twice and both times have been very satisfied. Can't wait to go back again...Special Features:
- Superb 4 Course DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Now you can choose the the 4 items you want for your samplings dinner. These dishes allow the chef to show his creativity and special skills. We have not seen food this good anywhere else in Wilmington.Special Features:
- Simply the BestgranddiningDined on 10/31/2014Great food, wine, service, price, decor...need I say more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st class restaurantSusanDined on 10/28/2014We were so glad to have found this gem when we visited nearby Winterthur. My husband said his short ribs were the best he'd ever had, and my tuna tartar was excellent. We also enjoyed the bread drizzled in olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ideas with foodlookaheadDined on 10/25/2014Very reliable; we've been to Moro a number of times. It's always had changing menus with plenty of fresh ideas for dishes.Special Features:
- LimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Wine list was very limited and some offerings were out of stock. Menu also was very limited. Food was good but not outstanding
- " a must go "Fabolous47Dined on 10/25/2014This was my second return at Moro for a evening out with my girlfriends to celebrate her birthday. We had an awesome time. Jim was our waiter and he was the best! The service , food, atmosphere was 5 stars from start to finish! The Chefs have outdone themselves. I order the salmon dish and it was delicious!! Love this place, the food is pricey but well worth it! No complaints at all. I will definitely go back for many more special occasions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, really enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Probably our sixth or seventh time at Moro. Just finished a champagne tasting at Frank's Wines (around the corner), so we decided to go for just a few small plates. The duck confit salad was amazing, the crab mac-n-cheese was a little over salty - too heavy on the bay seasoning?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The entrees , atmosphere and service were good. The butternut squash soup had very little flavor and the Banana dessert was very average. The brussel sprout salad was very good. In all the meal was good.... not great.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in northern DEempressVIPDined on 10/17/2014This was my third visit to Moro, and each time I've come away further convinced this is the best restaurant in northern Delaware (and this is not just provincialism; my friend who was dining with me, who lives in New York, thought it was a fantastic meal up to NYC standards). Go with the small plates, and mix up a combination of some things your waiter recommends and the things that most appeal to you; I've never gone wrong this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable...RAH212Dined on 10/14/2014Chef Michael and the crew do a wonderful job every time we visit. This time, instead of going traditional "large plates", we opted for several small plates to experience a wider variety of sights, smells, and tastes and were not disappointed! Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again...firstsun1Dined on 10/11/2014....one of the best restaurants in DE! We love the delicious food and Sarah is our "go-to" server!Special Features:
- delatommydelatommyDined on 10/11/2014Good meal and service. Consistently a very good place to dine. Table just to the inside of the door was a bit of a distraction and would request other in future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Timefirstsun1Dined on 10/4/2014This is my third visit to Moro's and it continues to thrill! I am not a foodie, yet am fast turning into one because of the cuisine here. This should sum it up...I did not grow up, nor do I currently eat pork. I mistakenly ordered the Romaine wedge with grilled corn, chorizo sausage and vinaigrette dressing. It was DELICIOUS! It wasn't until I heard the adjacent table ask about it, that I realized that it was sausage. Quite comical, but it was worth the experience. The short rib, fried chicken, Cesar salad, crab cake macaroni, and mixed drinks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful tasty dinner. The tomatoes were so tasty, that they almost out shone the main ingredients of the meal. the catfish was succulent with an extremely tasty 'hash' salsa. Our server, Sarah, was cheerful, very efficient and very knowledgeable about the menu. Moro's has paid attention to detail to serve their patrons better.....having reading glasses handy for forgetful people like me. A word of caution for those driving to the restaurant that the street is interrupted by the railroad. therefore extra caution to ensuring to enter Scott St. via north side. In summary, a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JenTVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was a major unexpected surprise! I loved the food and the variety. Try more things by getting more small plates - there is so much unique variety, I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- So many specials!grandoperahousefanDined on 10/2/2014Everything was delicious. Many different offerings Some might think a little pricey. Have to go back just to try some of the other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my goodness....how wonderful!GloriaDined on 10/1/2014Moro never disappoints, and my latest visit was no exception. Couldn't decide what specials to order, so I ordered all three small plate entrees. The decadent cheese cake dessert was so fabulous that I ordered a second to take home for the next day----never made it to the next day! Loved the merlot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfood4lifeDined on 9/30/2014We tried the chefs tasting menu. It was very nice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Meal2dineoutVIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our second visit to Moro. Seated upstairs in a comfortable booth, we started our meal with the cheese board. There were many flavorful cheese choices which we enjoyed with the side of jam and crackers. The parmesan bread course drizzled with olive oil was wonderful. For dinner we had the Short Ribs and Kobe Pork Chop. Both were very good. The portions were substantial and we skipped dessert. There were several interesting salads on the menu that we plan to try at our next visit.Special Features:
- Delightful after a rough startNYdinersDined on 9/26/2014As always, the food and service at the table did not disappoint. Tomato soup with a tiny brie-filled sandwich was phenomenal and the pork chops were very tender. Our only complaint is with the hostess-we arrived right on time for our reservations (8:30) and the restaurant was full. The hostess did not acknowledge us for upwards of 7 minutes and when she did it was with a harried and annoyed tone "it's going to be 10-15 minutes before I can seat you." We're flexible but don't like to be made to feel as if it's our fault the restaurant was unexpectedly busy. Hostess needs a bit of grace under pressure training.Special Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT IN WILMINGTONCarmelinVIPDined on 9/26/2014Moro IS world class. Service was great, specials are really special! Brussel Sprouts with pancetta - delicious; Eggplant tower- Gourmet ; Seared Tuna with Fried egg - perfect! And desserts were even better: Banana cream was tasty and cheese cake was one of the best dessserts ever. We will come back for MORO...Special Features:
- MarionMarionDined on 9/24/2014We have been to Moro's many times, but the last three times (July 7-Sept 24), they did not have scallops or oysters, even though both items were on the menu. The last visit was on Sept 24, 2014 and the restaurant called me the day before to confirm my reservations. I specifically asked the caller about the availability of scallops and oysters since this was my mother's 80th birthday dinner. I said I would want to change the date of the reservations if the scallops and/or oysters were not available. He informed me that he would call me before the reservation time the next day if neither was available. I never received a call and we went to the restaurant at our scheduled time. No scallops and no oysters. We will not return.
- Excellent cuisine; hard to findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table and acted on the glowing reviews. The restaurant is located on a narrow residential street off a stretch of car dealers and had a small, unilluminated sign at the entrance to what seems to be a converted house. We sat in a banquetted round table on the second floor where the decoration is chic and understated. The food was tasty and quite inventive. We shared a series of dishes among the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slippingHonestAbeDined on 9/20/2014Seems like there aren't enough servers to handle the number of tables...which is impacting the overall dining experience. I used to LOVE Moro...but may have to boycott it for a period of time. I'm probably being generous with 3 stars. Get your act together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!JcarlovestodineDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were excellent. My only complaint was being seated next to a table with children that were loud and active.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceKennyDined on 9/19/2014Beyond compare! Your offers were varied and the presentation extraordinary. A must vist to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have been to Moro quite a few times, for New Years with many friends, business dinners with clients, etc, and we've never walked away with a fairly poor food experience, at least with two courses, both main and dessert courses. We both ordered the special scallops which came out cold, especially rare and without a sear. We sent them back without grief by an accommodating server, and then waited 15 mins for replacements, which finally returned and while not cold, they were sear-less. Dessert was very poorly done. I ordered the snores bread pudding with marshmallow gelato. The pudding was more like a brick with a burnt bottom. My wife had the apple dish, which was very cold and the blueberry ice cream didn't fit. Disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant week menuMarionDined on 9/11/2014We ordered from the restaurant week menu for $35.00. Everything was excellent; from the smoked salmon, and brussel sprouts with bacon appetizers, to the lamb with grits and the pork main courses, to the chocolate tart finale.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything!NuevoFoodieDined on 9/9/2014I went to Moro on a Wednesday for dinner for a date. Everything was great starting with the ambiance, it has a relaxed vibe and dim lighting. I started with a dirty martini which was made with just the right amount of olive juice and vodka. We started with the seared gulf shrimp small plate which was to die for! The creamy grits were amazing, very creamy and they gave just enough not to be overwhelming…definitely suggest it. I ordered the swordfish which was also a party for my tastebuds. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Saturday nightGDudeVIPDined on 9/6/2014After returning from vacation, we sought a place that would help us get back into reality slowly. Moro provides a relaxing atmosphere combining great food preparation and presentation accompanied by beverages that help you unwind. Once again, a terrific dinner that helped bring us back home.Special Features: