1307 N. Scott Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mororestaurant.net/
- Phone: 3027771800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Sunday and Monday).
Moro Will open for large parties of 20 or more on Sunday or Monday Nights. Lunch is also avilible Tuesday Thur Friday for groups of 10 or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael DiBianca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Moro caters off premise weddings, business dinners and non-for profit organizations. From 8 to 500 guests. See the entire catering document on the Moro web site Contact Eddwardo @ 302-777-1800
- Private Party Facilities: Moro offers semi-private dining for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60
- Private Party Contact: Edwardo Requena 3027771800x
- Special Events: Moro Restaurant features monthly wine dinners. All wine dinner & food pairings can be viewed at www.mororestaurant.net. Dinners begin at 7:00 PM.
A word from Moro
The contemporary setting of the dining area and exceptional food from 3 time nominated James Beard Chef Michael DiBianca make Moro one of Wilmington's best restaurants. The ambiance has a big city feel while the food and service ranks right up there with the best in the region. Moro offers a cuisine of Just Good Food along with an amazing wine list, Chef tasting menu is available upon request. Moro Wine Dinner Series. Recent acclaims include Zaget's Delaware's Best Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Delaware Today Magazine - Best New Restaurant, Best Service, Philadelphia Inquirer, Three Bells, Craig LaBanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (104)romantic (97)notable wine list (35)hot spot (20)good for groups (20)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One of our favorites in Wilmingtonmyboat53Dined on 8/23/2014We visit Moro several times a year and are never disappointed in the quality or creativity of the food. This visit was no exception. For some reason, the service this time was a little slow and "forgetful". Also, no matter what restaurant we visit we are very careful to tell the staff of my wife's pine nut and chestnut allergies, which can be life threatening. Interestingly, we have had two instances at Moro, including this visit, where she has been served pine nuts even right after our warning the staff. This should not be allowed to happen. Other than that, however, we enjoyed our visit as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good meal. They also have small plates for the smaller appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overratedCharlieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not much for the price. Trying to be something they did not achieve. Tastes are not complimentary. It has been sometime since our last visit and or dinner confirmed the reason.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience was excellent for a special occasion dinner this past Saturday. Our server "Joe" was excellent, friendly and good humored! The food presentation and taste was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moro is the best!LorrieCDined on 8/14/2014I have been here a number of times and have never been disappointed by a meal here. The menu is diverse and the food excites. Scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet, with a delicious chorizo risotto as an accompaniment. Escargot were excellent and a flat bread with cherries and Parmesan was a delicious small plate.Special Features:
- Love Moro!KateharDined on 8/12/2014We've been doing special occasions at Moro for a while, and we are never disappointed. The prices are on the higher side but the quality warrants them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wilmington DinerDaveDined on 8/12/2014Provides nice selection of entrees and appetizers in a pleasing dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoroEJDCMDVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent dinner on a rainy Wilmington night. The servers and food were excellent. Try the roasted cauliflower when you are there. Many small plates offered along with nightly specials. This is a good neighborhood spot with limited parking.Special Features:
- Great Specials!Foodie1Dined on 8/8/2014Went with two friends. We all ordered something different and the food was terrific! I had the shrimp and, grits. Yum, shrimp not overcooked. Veal Bolanese was also, very good. Everyone thought the food they ordered was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu ExperienceSilentGrace23Dined on 8/8/2014My group of four did the five-course tasting menu. It was a wonderful experience. All of the courses were delicious, varied, and perfectly timed. It was the first time I have done a tasting menu, and I was very very pleased. We started with a spicy salmon tartare, then had a roasted tomato with ricotta, followed by duck breast with roasted potatoes, and for our main course, pork with pureed turnip and brussels sprouts. But it was after the main course that Moro really impressed me. They served us pear sorbet as a delicious intermezzo followed by a paired dessert - peach shortcake and chocolate mousse pie. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantgeniceEDined on 8/8/2014Another great night at Moro Restaurant. It never disappoints. I took a friend there for an early birthday present and she said that she is afraid to order scallops out unless by the sea but with Moro, there is never any doubt about the quality of food. As reviewed before, only suggestion would be to offer more dessert choices like the ones offered for your catering menu. I love my desserts and usually skip that part of the meal; unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked GemVisit2dineDined on 8/6/2014We need to dine here more often. Mid-week in early August so it was quiet. Specials were interesting and the menu was diverse. Not inexpensive but a great dinner. Need to rethink the entrance which involves tight, twisting and difficult stairs if your are the slightest bit infirm or after two glasses of something. Otherwise great experience.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful evening, server joe exceptional! Always have a great experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodchickVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food and service are both very good. That's rare especially in Wilmington.Special Features:
- CladdaghOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Went to Moro sat evening expecting a n exceptional dinner as we have had in prior diniing occasions. Very disappointed ! Appetizers took An extended time to receive and then the waiter's ground pepper shaker not working. Took an additional 10 minutes to receive ground pepper for soup and appetizers. I ordered the special of the day which was peppercorn encrusted pork tenderloin. Presentation was beautiful but could not eat the meat due to the overbearing peppercorn covering even after removing the peppercorns. By then I had my fill of peppercorn chunks in the salad and on the plate. Waiter did not ask if we enjoyed our diners at all.
- Staying PowerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been regulars at Moro for more than 15 years. During that period it has changed, evolved, but always remained true to the best ingredients, careful preparation and innovation - within reason. The restaurant business is a tough mistress. Over 85% fail, so longevity says a great deal. Sometimes longevity can be the result of habit as the clientele and restaurant grow old together. This has not happened at Moro where the majority of diners are early in their restaurant appreciation careers. The innovation attracts new diners while the quality and consistency keeps them coming. Edwardo and his staff do a great job, too, so it's not just good food. It is a nice experience. Go! You will enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- Tasting MenukarinandericDined on 8/1/2014We had the 6-course tasting menu with the wine pairings. All 6 were creative and well presented. Taste is subjective, but we found 2 to be very good and 2 to be exceptional. The wines were fairly average, but paired well with the courses. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very GoodplantDined on 7/26/2014Everything was good and they recognized my husband's birthday!!
- Great foodBirdDined on 7/25/2014Excellent food and very unique dishes. Nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 7/24/2014Excellent as always. Special attention to detail and attentive service, delicious dishes. One suggestion: wedge salad could be larger. Seemed skimpy. What I had was delicious but for the price, should have been larger.Special Features:
- Delicious tasting menucuffthisVIPDined on 7/22/2014A dear friend of mine dined at Moro on a Tuesday night and were very thrilled with our food and the service. We opted for the 4 course tasting menu and were thrilled with everything. Each course was unique and filled with vibrant flavors. This is a wonderful restaurant that deserves repeated follow ups to taste all the great offerings that come out of its kitchen.Special Features:
- Fantastic forty first anniversary!ChrislazopDined on 7/22/2014Our special day was enjoyed with dinner that surpassed our expectations. Delightful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding for anniversariesJCW281Dined on 7/17/2014My wife and I recently dined here for our 15 year wedding anniversary. We had a perfect table waiting with two glasses of champagne ready. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceLove2eatoutDined on 7/16/2014The ambience was good except the table was too far away when I sat back in the booth. I could bearly place my hands on the table and I'm 5'10" tall and have a long reach. I had to sit at the edge of the booth in order to reach my food comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woo hoo!GloriaDined on 7/12/2014Always great! And this past Saturday was no exception. In fact, it was an extra fun time. The people who came in were all in a great mood, and we all shared lots of stories and fun as we ate at the bar (singles and couples). It was just one of those great nights that came together for everyone. The food and wine was delicious, as always. Note to regulars: Jim is back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food, every dish was yummyFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Every dish tastes better than the next. After I leave your restaurant my taste buds are tingly for hours. Your Chef is fabulous and your servers are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork chop HeavenWubzyDined on 7/12/2014Moro's Kobe pork chop is outstanding! It was "pork chop heaven", always a great meal. Just wish they would put steak back on the regular menu!Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceYluvDined on 7/11/2014Moro never disappoints. Love the small plates & the varietySpecial Features:
- Really disappointedJTF81Dined on 7/11/2014At 6:15 not only were they not accommodating when we asked to move tables (before we even ordered drinks) but it was almost 40 minutes between courses and at least 25 minutes for our drinks to come.
- Delicious foodSarahDeeDined on 7/11/2014We went with a Groupon, otherwise the prices would have been too high for us. The ribeye was incredibly tender and flavorful. The red fish had crispy flavorful skin. The server was attentive and we went early and had it to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuttsDined on 7/11/2014This was not our first time here, the food is AWESOME, as is everything else about Moro. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Memorable menuGr8FlavorDined on 7/9/2014Joe, our waiter organized presentation of our 5 dishes for a relaxed progressive meal. Each dish was carefully prepared and delicious. Highly recommend the Antipasti, Tuna Tatar, and Roman logs. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MaddieDined on 7/9/2014Moro is one of my favorite restaurants. Always wonderfully prepared dishes and good service. Consistent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Wilmington, DEGreatfoodfirstDined on 7/9/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem in Wilmington. There is definitely a food artist at work here and the freshest ingredients were used. The food was exceptional and the service was excellent. I've recommended Moro to 10 friends and family members that live in the Wilmington area. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DiningypaintwilmingtonDined on 7/8/2014They don't rush you. The food is wonderful and in just the right proportions. You are not overwhelmed by the size. The drinks are wonderfully priced, beer $5 and martinis are $12 for a large glass. Bottled water is always offered. If they run out of something, the substitute is equally as good.Special Features:
- Below expectationsshesgoneagainVIPDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant was recommended to us and we heard it was great. Has the potential to be but when we went we were told as soon as we sat down that they were out of 2 of the 6 "large plates" or entrees - we placed our order and the waiter then came back and told one of us their selection was also not available. So half of their entrees were unavailable. On top of that the waiter was competent but seemingly uninterested in us or the restaurant being out of items. The food we did get was pretty good. But overall it wasn't worth the hassleSpecial Features:
- Food excellent, service not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food at Moro is excellent. Our entree choices of baked pork chop and braised short rib were delicious. They were, however, our second choices because their regular menu item of scallops was unavailable. Also disappointing was that several of the listed wines were also unavailable. The service was pathetically slow. 45 minutes after being seated we finally got our drinks. First course served an hour after being seated, entrees took almost 90 minutes to appear. The wait staff appeared to be scant and overworked.
- Ooooh la la!GloriaDined on 6/27/2014Moro's is always THE BEST! This time was no exception. Dinner, wine and dessert were perfect. You can come as one, a couple, or a group and always feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014Food was very good, service was very good. Little bit pricey, but otherwise a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Two Items to Note ....ChaddsCoupleDined on 6/27/2014We had a lovely evening ... for once, we were dining in a room filled with adults!! The room was energetic and filled with conversation .. not whining, crying or shouts. The special fish .. tilapia ... was very nice. And the special appetizer ... whipped ricotta .. was a perfect start. We enjoyed the tilapia, but a suggestion -- the plating was bit bland, needed some color. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.