1307 N. Scott Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mororestaurant.net/
- Phone: 3027771800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Sunday and Monday).
Moro Will open for large parties of 20 or more on Sunday or Monday Nights. Lunch is also avilible Tuesday Thur Friday for groups of 10 or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael DiBianca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Moro caters off premise weddings, business dinners and non-for profit organizations. From 8 to 500 guests. See the entire catering document on the Moro web site Contact Eddwardo @ 302-777-1800
- Private Party Facilities: Moro offers semi-private dining for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60
- Private Party Contact: Edwardo Requena 3027771800x
- Special Events: Moro Restaurant features monthly wine dinners. All wine dinner & food pairings can be viewed at www.mororestaurant.net. Dinners begin at 7:00 PM.
A word from Moro
The contemporary setting of the dining area and exceptional food from 3 time nominated James Beard Chef Michael DiBianca make Moro one of Wilmington's best restaurants. The ambiance has a big city feel while the food and service ranks right up there with the best in the region. Moro offers a cuisine of Just Good Food along with an amazing wine list, Chef tasting menu is available upon request. Moro Wine Dinner Series. Recent acclaims include Zaget's Delaware's Best Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Delaware Today Magazine - Best New Restaurant, Best Service, Philadelphia Inquirer, Three Bells, Craig LaBanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (82)romantic (78)notable wine list (32)good for groups (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Beyond compare! Your offers were varied and the presentation extraordinary. A must vist to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have been to Moro quite a few times, for New Years with many friends, business dinners with clients, etc, and we've never walked away with a fairly poor food experience, at least with two courses, both main and dessert courses. We both ordered the special scallops which came out cold, especially rare and without a sear. We sent them back without grief by an accommodating server, and then waited 15 mins for replacements, which finally returned and while not cold, they were sear-less. Dessert was very poorly done. I ordered the snores bread pudding with marshmallow gelato. The pudding was more like a brick with a burnt bottom. My wife had the apple dish, which was very cold and the blueberry ice cream didn't fit. Disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant week menuMarionDined on 9/11/2014We ordered from the restaurant week menu for $35.00. Everything was excellent; from the smoked salmon, and brussel sprouts with bacon appetizers, to the lamb with grits and the pork main courses, to the chocolate tart finale.Special Features:
- Saturday nightGDudeVIPDined on 9/6/2014After returning from vacation, we sought a place that would help us get back into reality slowly. Moro provides a relaxing atmosphere combining great food preparation and presentation accompanied by beverages that help you unwind. Once again, a terrific dinner that helped bring us back home.Special Features:
- Great place!KateharDined on 9/6/2014Moro is our go to place for special occasions, and the frequent groupons they put out make it less of a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef tasting and wine pairingWoolfjoelDined on 9/5/2014We had the chef's tasting menu because I couldn't decide and felt like having a taste of everything. The food was superb and the wine along with it. A very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureHockessinDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Wilmington. Great food - always has unique and excellent specials.Special Features:
- Can't miss!msmdp2uVIPDined on 9/3/2014Easily one of Wilmington's top 5 restaurants, in food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, GREATHappyTravelsVIPDined on 9/3/2014This has become one of my favorite places. The food is great, the staff is helpful, and there's never a rush. For the first time, we ate downstairs, and we loved it. We had the greatest waiter, and the food was delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanticconnolly51Dined on 9/3/2014Exceptional food. Only suggestion is be sure to make a reservation. Also a lot of stairs. Great spirits menu and extensive wine list. Oh and be sure to try the New York cheesecake.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. Comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Great Food at Good PricesReddsDiningDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding. On top of the regular menu, they had a variety of specials being offered. The setting was cozy and somewhat romantic, a great place for taking a date that you want to impress.Special Features:
- Awesome!BellaTDined on 8/29/2014I would go back in a second! The food was amazing!!! Loved every part of this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INSULTDined on 8/29/2014As always good food and a very pleasant dinner and evening. Great ambiance for a neighborhood gem and reasonably priced. Moro is one of our favorites! We like the option of small plates as well as dinner entrée large plates.Special Features:
- DinnerTrynewthingsDined on 8/29/2014Rib eye special very good but heavy, needed green veg or something light. Duck very good. Less risotto this time. Escargot was fantastic with spice tomato sauce. Great portion size too.Special Features:
- Quaint dining spotDaveDined on 8/27/2014Changed menu where there are less main entrees and more small plate dishes. Not a lot of good selection on main entrees that appealed to me or my guests. Guests did like the variety of small plates. The duck salad was a hit.Special Features:
- disappointedRick1VIPDined on 8/26/2014We were exited to visit Moro. We got there and loved the menu, so many interesting dishes. We saw: 4, 5 or 6 choice tasting menu. When a restaurant offers a tasting menu it's to show off their talent and produce. What we got was a boring 5 course testing menu, paired with a week old wines and flat as water Moscato d'Asti; "tuna salad", Grilled over cooked swordfish, short ribs with risotto and fried parsnips, t - bone lamb chop (not rack of lamb) with oxidized and salt less pesto w/baby carrots, and dessert. Where was the exciting local seasonal (summer ) produce? And then the waiter was in a rush to be anywhere but at our table. He practically was throwing the silverware at our table for us to put it in its place. Disappointing.
- One of our favorites in Wilmingtonmyboat53Dined on 8/23/2014We visit Moro several times a year and are never disappointed in the quality or creativity of the food. This visit was no exception. For some reason, the service this time was a little slow and "forgetful". Also, no matter what restaurant we visit we are very careful to tell the staff of my wife's pine nut and chestnut allergies, which can be life threatening. Interestingly, we have had two instances at Moro, including this visit, where she has been served pine nuts even right after our warning the staff. This should not be allowed to happen. Other than that, however, we enjoyed our visit as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good meal. They also have small plates for the smaller appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overratedCharlieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not much for the price. Trying to be something they did not achieve. Tastes are not complimentary. It has been sometime since our last visit and or dinner confirmed the reason.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience was excellent for a special occasion dinner this past Saturday. Our server "Joe" was excellent, friendly and good humored! The food presentation and taste was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moro is the best!LorrieCDined on 8/14/2014I have been here a number of times and have never been disappointed by a meal here. The menu is diverse and the food excites. Scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet, with a delicious chorizo risotto as an accompaniment. Escargot were excellent and a flat bread with cherries and Parmesan was a delicious small plate.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner but can be betterTracyDined on 8/13/2014Been there many times, we like the place but sometime more than the other. Both food and service are pretty good but was disappointing of the new limited menu during our last few visits. They used to have more small dishes which was great for sharing and tasting and it was what makes the place attractive so now, its another restaurant, nothing special about it.Special Features:
- Love Moro!KateharDined on 8/12/2014We've been doing special occasions at Moro for a while, and we are never disappointed. The prices are on the higher side but the quality warrants them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wilmington DinerDaveDined on 8/12/2014Provides nice selection of entrees and appetizers in a pleasing dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoroEJDCMDVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent dinner on a rainy Wilmington night. The servers and food were excellent. Try the roasted cauliflower when you are there. Many small plates offered along with nightly specials. This is a good neighborhood spot with limited parking.Special Features:
- Great Specials!Foodie1Dined on 8/8/2014Went with two friends. We all ordered something different and the food was terrific! I had the shrimp and, grits. Yum, shrimp not overcooked. Veal Bolanese was also, very good. Everyone thought the food they ordered was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu ExperienceSilentGrace23Dined on 8/8/2014My group of four did the five-course tasting menu. It was a wonderful experience. All of the courses were delicious, varied, and perfectly timed. It was the first time I have done a tasting menu, and I was very very pleased. We started with a spicy salmon tartare, then had a roasted tomato with ricotta, followed by duck breast with roasted potatoes, and for our main course, pork with pureed turnip and brussels sprouts. But it was after the main course that Moro really impressed me. They served us pear sorbet as a delicious intermezzo followed by a paired dessert - peach shortcake and chocolate mousse pie. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantgeniceEDined on 8/8/2014Another great night at Moro Restaurant. It never disappoints. I took a friend there for an early birthday present and she said that she is afraid to order scallops out unless by the sea but with Moro, there is never any doubt about the quality of food. As reviewed before, only suggestion would be to offer more dessert choices like the ones offered for your catering menu. I love my desserts and usually skip that part of the meal; unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked GemVisit2dineDined on 8/6/2014We need to dine here more often. Mid-week in early August so it was quiet. Specials were interesting and the menu was diverse. Not inexpensive but a great dinner. Need to rethink the entrance which involves tight, twisting and difficult stairs if your are the slightest bit infirm or after two glasses of something. Otherwise great experience.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful evening, server joe exceptional! Always have a great experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodchickVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food and service are both very good. That's rare especially in Wilmington.Special Features:
- CladdaghOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Went to Moro sat evening expecting a n exceptional dinner as we have had in prior diniing occasions. Very disappointed ! Appetizers took An extended time to receive and then the waiter's ground pepper shaker not working. Took an additional 10 minutes to receive ground pepper for soup and appetizers. I ordered the special of the day which was peppercorn encrusted pork tenderloin. Presentation was beautiful but could not eat the meat due to the overbearing peppercorn covering even after removing the peppercorns. By then I had my fill of peppercorn chunks in the salad and on the plate. Waiter did not ask if we enjoyed our diners at all.
- Staying PowerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been regulars at Moro for more than 15 years. During that period it has changed, evolved, but always remained true to the best ingredients, careful preparation and innovation - within reason. The restaurant business is a tough mistress. Over 85% fail, so longevity says a great deal. Sometimes longevity can be the result of habit as the clientele and restaurant grow old together. This has not happened at Moro where the majority of diners are early in their restaurant appreciation careers. The innovation attracts new diners while the quality and consistency keeps them coming. Edwardo and his staff do a great job, too, so it's not just good food. It is a nice experience. Go! You will enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- Tasting MenukarinandericDined on 8/1/2014We had the 6-course tasting menu with the wine pairings. All 6 were creative and well presented. Taste is subjective, but we found 2 to be very good and 2 to be exceptional. The wines were fairly average, but paired well with the courses. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very GoodplantDined on 7/26/2014Everything was good and they recognized my husband's birthday!!
- Great foodBirdDined on 7/25/2014Excellent food and very unique dishes. Nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 7/24/2014Excellent as always. Special attention to detail and attentive service, delicious dishes. One suggestion: wedge salad could be larger. Seemed skimpy. What I had was delicious but for the price, should have been larger.Special Features:
- Delicious tasting menucuffthisVIPDined on 7/22/2014A dear friend of mine dined at Moro on a Tuesday night and were very thrilled with our food and the service. We opted for the 4 course tasting menu and were thrilled with everything. Each course was unique and filled with vibrant flavors. This is a wonderful restaurant that deserves repeated follow ups to taste all the great offerings that come out of its kitchen.Special Features:
- Fantastic forty first anniversary!ChrislazopDined on 7/22/2014Our special day was enjoyed with dinner that surpassed our expectations. Delightful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.