1307 N. Scott Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mororestaurant.net/
- Phone: 3027771800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Sunday and Monday).
Moro Will open for large parties of 20 or more on Sunday or Monday Nights. Lunch is also avilible Tuesday Thur Friday for groups of 10 or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael DiBianca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Moro caters off premise weddings, business dinners and non-for profit organizations. From 8 to 500 guests. See the entire catering document on the Moro web site Contact Eddwardo @ 302-777-1800
- Private Party Facilities: Moro offers semi-private dining for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60
- Private Party Contact: Edwardo Requena 3027771800x
- Special Events: Moro Restaurant features monthly wine dinners. All wine dinner & food pairings can be viewed at www.mororestaurant.net. Dinners begin at 7:00 PM.
A word from Moro
The contemporary setting of the dining area and exceptional food from 3 time nominated James Beard Chef Michael DiBianca make Moro one of Wilmington's best restaurants. The ambiance has a big city feel while the food and service ranks right up there with the best in the region. Moro offers a cuisine of Just Good Food along with an amazing wine list, Chef tasting menu is available upon request. Moro Wine Dinner Series. Recent acclaims include Zaget's Delaware's Best Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Delaware Today Magazine - Best New Restaurant, Best Service, Philadelphia Inquirer, Three Bells, Craig LaBanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (78)notable wine list (37)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)hot spot (9)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best restaurant in northern DEempressVIPDined on 10/17/2014This was my third visit to Moro, and each time I've come away further convinced this is the best restaurant in northern Delaware (and this is not just provincialism; my friend who was dining with me, who lives in New York, thought it was a fantastic meal up to NYC standards). Go with the small plates, and mix up a combination of some things your waiter recommends and the things that most appeal to you; I've never gone wrong this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable...RAH212Dined on 10/14/2014Chef Michael and the crew do a wonderful job every time we visit. This time, instead of going traditional "large plates", we opted for several small plates to experience a wider variety of sights, smells, and tastes and were not disappointed! Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again...firstsun1Dined on 10/11/2014....one of the best restaurants in DE! We love the delicious food and Sarah is our "go-to" server!Special Features:
- delatommydelatommyDined on 10/11/2014Good meal and service. Consistently a very good place to dine. Table just to the inside of the door was a bit of a distraction and would request other in future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Timefirstsun1Dined on 10/4/2014This is my third visit to Moro's and it continues to thrill! I am not a foodie, yet am fast turning into one because of the cuisine here. This should sum it up...I did not grow up, nor do I currently eat pork. I mistakenly ordered the Romaine wedge with grilled corn, chorizo sausage and vinaigrette dressing. It was DELICIOUS! It wasn't until I heard the adjacent table ask about it, that I realized that it was sausage. Quite comical, but it was worth the experience. The short rib, fried chicken, Cesar salad, crab cake macaroni, and mixed drinks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful tasty dinner. The tomatoes were so tasty, that they almost out shone the main ingredients of the meal. the catfish was succulent with an extremely tasty 'hash' salsa. Our server, Sarah, was cheerful, very efficient and very knowledgeable about the menu. Moro's has paid attention to detail to serve their patrons better.....having reading glasses handy for forgetful people like me. A word of caution for those driving to the restaurant that the street is interrupted by the railroad. therefore extra caution to ensuring to enter Scott St. via north side. In summary, a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JenTVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was a major unexpected surprise! I loved the food and the variety. Try more things by getting more small plates - there is so much unique variety, I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- So many specials!grandoperahousefanDined on 10/2/2014Everything was delicious. Many different offerings Some might think a little pricey. Have to go back just to try some of the other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my goodness....how wonderful!GloriaDined on 10/1/2014Moro never disappoints, and my latest visit was no exception. Couldn't decide what specials to order, so I ordered all three small plate entrees. The decadent cheese cake dessert was so fabulous that I ordered a second to take home for the next day----never made it to the next day! Loved the merlot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfood4lifeDined on 9/30/2014We tried the chefs tasting menu. It was very nice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Meal2dineoutVIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our second visit to Moro. Seated upstairs in a comfortable booth, we started our meal with the cheese board. There were many flavorful cheese choices which we enjoyed with the side of jam and crackers. The parmesan bread course drizzled with olive oil was wonderful. For dinner we had the Short Ribs and Kobe Pork Chop. Both were very good. The portions were substantial and we skipped dessert. There were several interesting salads on the menu that we plan to try at our next visit.Special Features:
- Delightful after a rough startNYdinersDined on 9/26/2014As always, the food and service at the table did not disappoint. Tomato soup with a tiny brie-filled sandwich was phenomenal and the pork chops were very tender. Our only complaint is with the hostess-we arrived right on time for our reservations (8:30) and the restaurant was full. The hostess did not acknowledge us for upwards of 7 minutes and when she did it was with a harried and annoyed tone "it's going to be 10-15 minutes before I can seat you." We're flexible but don't like to be made to feel as if it's our fault the restaurant was unexpectedly busy. Hostess needs a bit of grace under pressure training.Special Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT IN WILMINGTONCarmelinVIPDined on 9/26/2014Moro IS world class. Service was great, specials are really special! Brussel Sprouts with pancetta - delicious; Eggplant tower- Gourmet ; Seared Tuna with Fried egg - perfect! And desserts were even better: Banana cream was tasty and cheese cake was one of the best dessserts ever. We will come back for MORO...Special Features:
- MarionMarionDined on 9/24/2014We have been to Moro's many times, but the last three times (July 7-Sept 24), they did not have scallops or oysters, even though both items were on the menu. The last visit was on Sept 24, 2014 and the restaurant called me the day before to confirm my reservations. I specifically asked the caller about the availability of scallops and oysters since this was my mother's 80th birthday dinner. I said I would want to change the date of the reservations if the scallops and/or oysters were not available. He informed me that he would call me before the reservation time the next day if neither was available. I never received a call and we went to the restaurant at our scheduled time. No scallops and no oysters. We will not return.
- Excellent cuisine; hard to findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table and acted on the glowing reviews. The restaurant is located on a narrow residential street off a stretch of car dealers and had a small, unilluminated sign at the entrance to what seems to be a converted house. We sat in a banquetted round table on the second floor where the decoration is chic and understated. The food was tasty and quite inventive. We shared a series of dishes among the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slippingHonestAbeDined on 9/20/2014Seems like there aren't enough servers to handle the number of tables...which is impacting the overall dining experience. I used to LOVE Moro...but may have to boycott it for a period of time. I'm probably being generous with 3 stars. Get your act together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!JcarlovestodineDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were excellent. My only complaint was being seated next to a table with children that were loud and active.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceKennyDined on 9/19/2014Beyond compare! Your offers were varied and the presentation extraordinary. A must vist to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have been to Moro quite a few times, for New Years with many friends, business dinners with clients, etc, and we've never walked away with a fairly poor food experience, at least with two courses, both main and dessert courses. We both ordered the special scallops which came out cold, especially rare and without a sear. We sent them back without grief by an accommodating server, and then waited 15 mins for replacements, which finally returned and while not cold, they were sear-less. Dessert was very poorly done. I ordered the snores bread pudding with marshmallow gelato. The pudding was more like a brick with a burnt bottom. My wife had the apple dish, which was very cold and the blueberry ice cream didn't fit. Disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant week menuMarionDined on 9/11/2014We ordered from the restaurant week menu for $35.00. Everything was excellent; from the smoked salmon, and brussel sprouts with bacon appetizers, to the lamb with grits and the pork main courses, to the chocolate tart finale.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything!NuevoFoodieDined on 9/9/2014I went to Moro on a Wednesday for dinner for a date. Everything was great starting with the ambiance, it has a relaxed vibe and dim lighting. I started with a dirty martini which was made with just the right amount of olive juice and vodka. We started with the seared gulf shrimp small plate which was to die for! The creamy grits were amazing, very creamy and they gave just enough not to be overwhelming…definitely suggest it. I ordered the swordfish which was also a party for my tastebuds. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Saturday nightGDudeVIPDined on 9/6/2014After returning from vacation, we sought a place that would help us get back into reality slowly. Moro provides a relaxing atmosphere combining great food preparation and presentation accompanied by beverages that help you unwind. Once again, a terrific dinner that helped bring us back home.Special Features:
- Great place!KateharDined on 9/6/2014Moro is our go to place for special occasions, and the frequent groupons they put out make it less of a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef tasting and wine pairingWoolfjoelDined on 9/5/2014We had the chef's tasting menu because I couldn't decide and felt like having a taste of everything. The food was superb and the wine along with it. A very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureHockessinDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Wilmington. Great food - always has unique and excellent specials.Special Features:
- Can't miss!msmdp2uVIPDined on 9/3/2014Easily one of Wilmington's top 5 restaurants, in food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, GREATHappyTravelsVIPDined on 9/3/2014This has become one of my favorite places. The food is great, the staff is helpful, and there's never a rush. For the first time, we ate downstairs, and we loved it. We had the greatest waiter, and the food was delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanticconnolly51Dined on 9/3/2014Exceptional food. Only suggestion is be sure to make a reservation. Also a lot of stairs. Great spirits menu and extensive wine list. Oh and be sure to try the New York cheesecake.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. Comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Great Food at Good PricesReddsDiningDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding. On top of the regular menu, they had a variety of specials being offered. The setting was cozy and somewhat romantic, a great place for taking a date that you want to impress.Special Features:
- Awesome!BellaTDined on 8/29/2014I would go back in a second! The food was amazing!!! Loved every part of this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INSULTDined on 8/29/2014As always good food and a very pleasant dinner and evening. Great ambiance for a neighborhood gem and reasonably priced. Moro is one of our favorites! We like the option of small plates as well as dinner entrée large plates.Special Features:
- DinnerTrynewthingsDined on 8/29/2014Rib eye special very good but heavy, needed green veg or something light. Duck very good. Less risotto this time. Escargot was fantastic with spice tomato sauce. Great portion size too.Special Features:
- Quaint dining spotDaveDined on 8/27/2014Changed menu where there are less main entrees and more small plate dishes. Not a lot of good selection on main entrees that appealed to me or my guests. Guests did like the variety of small plates. The duck salad was a hit.Special Features:
- disappointedRick1VIPDined on 8/26/2014We were exited to visit Moro. We got there and loved the menu, so many interesting dishes. We saw: 4, 5 or 6 choice tasting menu. When a restaurant offers a tasting menu it's to show off their talent and produce. What we got was a boring 5 course testing menu, paired with a week old wines and flat as water Moscato d'Asti; "tuna salad", Grilled over cooked swordfish, short ribs with risotto and fried parsnips, t - bone lamb chop (not rack of lamb) with oxidized and salt less pesto w/baby carrots, and dessert. Where was the exciting local seasonal (summer ) produce? And then the waiter was in a rush to be anywhere but at our table. He practically was throwing the silverware at our table for us to put it in its place. Disappointing.
- One of our favorites in Wilmingtonmyboat53Dined on 8/23/2014We visit Moro several times a year and are never disappointed in the quality or creativity of the food. This visit was no exception. For some reason, the service this time was a little slow and "forgetful". Also, no matter what restaurant we visit we are very careful to tell the staff of my wife's pine nut and chestnut allergies, which can be life threatening. Interestingly, we have had two instances at Moro, including this visit, where she has been served pine nuts even right after our warning the staff. This should not be allowed to happen. Other than that, however, we enjoyed our visit as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good meal. They also have small plates for the smaller appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overratedCharlieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not much for the price. Trying to be something they did not achieve. Tastes are not complimentary. It has been sometime since our last visit and or dinner confirmed the reason.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience was excellent for a special occasion dinner this past Saturday. Our server "Joe" was excellent, friendly and good humored! The food presentation and taste was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moro is the best!LorrieCDined on 8/14/2014I have been here a number of times and have never been disappointed by a meal here. The menu is diverse and the food excites. Scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet, with a delicious chorizo risotto as an accompaniment. Escargot were excellent and a flat bread with cherries and Parmesan was a delicious small plate.Special Features: