Morning Glory Cafe
6 E Market St
Black Mountain, NC 28711Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morning Glory Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://themorningglorycafe.com/
- Phone: 8286696212
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch:
Daily: 8:00am - 3:00pm;
Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher "Cookie" Hadley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Morning Glory Cafe
The Morning Glory Cafe offers modern American farm-to-table "comfort cuisine" with Mediterranean influence. Chef/Owner Christopher "Cookie" Hadley brings to the table his vast experience and passion for quality... providing you with a unique and entertaining menu. Our daily features always include fresh seafood from the Carolina coasts. Our comfortable, casual atmosphere is never pretentious and our service is warm, professional and always inviting...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morning Glory Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our favorite.....AngelaCainDined on 10/26/2013My partner and I visited the Morning Glory for our "date night." As always, it was a dining experience to remember with an outstanding menu selection to the service of the staff. We make the hour drive because it provides us the experience we love. Thanks to Cookie and the staff for a memorable dining experience!Special Features:
- NOLA foodies love your restaurantNOLADined on 10/19/2013We recently bought a cottage nearby so we are thrilled to experience your restaurant for dinner -previously we enjoyed breakfast which offers the best sausage gravy I have ever experienced outside of my grandmother's kitchen! And of course our dog Beignet adores your homeade dog bisquits . I must say your fried chicken and collard greens were outstanding , we look forward to another dinner ( and breakfast ) in November.Special Features:
- Loved the musicThePotterDined on 10/18/2013We had a guitarist playing the night that we ate at the Morning Glory Cafe. Perfect. Also, the food was great. I had the tagine dish with chicken. What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent all around experience!FlyFisher1Dined on 10/18/2013We were quickly seated, presented today's specials by our waitress, Angela and given plenty of time to choose their enticing menu options. Both meals were fantastic, well prepared and delicious. We ended splitting a very good Key Lime pie which was the icing to a wonderful experience being the 1st time there and to celebrate my mom's birthday. Also the restaurant quickly filled and glad I took the option to place a seating reservation before hand. It had an unique ambiance which fit our dining mood from the selection of soft music to the dimming of the lights at different times (from twilight to dark). I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone I know and it would make the perfect place to take a 1st date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regularclaw1951Dined on 10/11/2013I do a number of conferences each year at Ridgecrest Conference Center. This is one of our favorite off campus restaurants, especially for breakfast!! We refer it to everyone that visits the area!! Great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in Black MountainDinerVIPDined on 10/10/2013Awesome food and excellent service. This place is a nice, hidden secret. Thorougly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Fair to MiddlingBobbaDined on 9/28/2013A very pleasant ambiance with satisfactory service. Overall the food was a bit disappointing. One of two orders - French toast - resembled more a pain perdu and a poor one at that. However the local version of Eggs Benedict with a slice of fried green tomato was very well done - though the accompanying grits were undistinguished.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2013With all the great eating in the Ashville area, it is hard to stand out. Morning Glory succeeds. Food is fresh and for the most part locally sourced and simply but elegantly prepared. I had the seared halibut and it was perfectly cooked and served on a delightful risotto. Skip ahe Caesar and try another salad. Best outside weather permitting. This is a local hangout so you know it is good. Not cheap but fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2013Morning Glory is THE place to go for fish-lovers in WNC! Fresh, perfectly cooked, excellent toppings, simply fabulous! All other entrees are excellent as well but the featured fish cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I tip my hat to the chef andAngieVIPDined on 9/8/2013I tip my hat to the chef and staff . The meal was wonderful ! What a great way to begin our vacation in AshevilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceemmy55Dined on 8/30/2013We needed a place to help us celebrate an annual event on the friday evening of labor day weekend. they were sooo kind in not only taking our reservation but letting us change the number three times! (each time it went up.)And even though it made for a more difficult job for the server - they allowed us to all fit into one long table which was exactly what we hoped for. The food was very good but it was the excellent service and kind attitude that will keep us coming back. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good food as usualcrazy4foodDined on 8/12/2013This is about the sixth time we've eaten there. They got quite busy with the luncheon crowd, even on a weekday. Service staff is very personable and fast when there aren't large groups at a table. Lots of food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerJocasseesmomDined on 8/9/2013We had a lovely dinner at Morning Glory. The initial service was a but slow, and it was not busy in the restaurant. The fried green tomato appetizer was unique and tasty. I had the scallops risotto and my husband the trout. I think the risotto was even better than the trout. The scallops were large and flavorable. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2013Great hidden treasure. Food was awesome and I loved dining outside in a casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Foodie worthyfoodiekingDined on 8/8/2013The food was amazing! However it did seem like the waitress had too many tables to give proper service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time charmdiningdivasDined on 7/26/2013Have been to this quaint cafe three times now and never disappointed. The staff is friendly, service prompt, and the food is always great. The unique menu, delicious flavors and use of local ingredients are what keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2013I had read good reviews of the restaurant so my expecations were high but the FAR exceeded my expectations. Best service I have had in FOREVER!! The food was great, the view was great. It's a nice little restaurant tucked away in Black Mountain but worth the search! We will be back!Special Features:
- Saturday night diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013The food was amazing; our server was top notch. The wait time for our entree was way too long. They were busy so we didn't complain, and when the food came it was hot and teach and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulkatiekidDined on 6/19/2013This was a repeat visit for me. I had been only once before to the café (for breakfast--also fabulous!--and I looked forward to visiting again. I made reservations, and was glad I had--the café was packed both inside and on the porch (the outdoors dining area is very attractive, and dog-friendly!) The servers were very friendly, and helpful in describing dishes. Our server was especially enthusiastic about the "Quintessential Chicken Salad" and she was absolutely right! The food was well-prepared, absolutely fresh, and in plentiful portions. This is a wonderful spot, just off the main road, nestled in a small business/shopping area. The Morning Glory Café is worth a visit, and many returns thereafter!Special Features:
- Like the menu choicesSMPNCDined on 6/14/2013This is the second time we've eaten breakfast here. Wish the home fries had a little more seasoning, but they're good. Biscuits are good; so is the local berry preserves. Will visit again ... like the menu choices.Special Features:
- Great find - not to be missed!WandererVIPDined on 6/9/2013We were in Marion, NC on a Sunday, checked on OT to see if there was anything nearby ... Morning Glory came up as 16 miles away, with availability and great reviews. Their wine selection was reasonably priced and included some unexpected finds - we went with a South African pinotage. We both picked the ceviche, our entrees were blackened trout and pork chop, both prepared excellently. The service was perfect, ambiance was just right - bravo! We will go back, you must try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad We WentMeet2eatDined on 6/2/2013We opted to go to this restaurant for our anniversary dinner instead of at the Grove Park Inn where we were staying, and we were so glad we did. Their food is locally grown and delicious. I had the Shrimp and grits, the best I have ever had. An excellent blend of flavors, with local Parmesan in the grits. Yummy! My husband had the herb chicken breast with risotto. Both were perfect, risotto was nice and creamy. For desert we had a bowl of locally made vanilla ice cream, the best we have ever had. The staff was friendly and helpful with making selections. This restaurant is worth the 25-30 minute drive from Asheville to the Black Mountains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013We have come to think of the Morning Glory Cafe as our 'go to' place for breakfast, lunch and dinner alike. They have an extensive menu of delicious options for all tastes and dietary needs, and we are often surprised by new creative additions/changes. The indoor seating is great, with colorful walls and local photographers or artists featured everywhere. If the weather is nice, their outdoor porch seating provides a nice view of the park and hills beyond. The service is always excellent, with friendly, down-to-earth servers. The best thing about the food is that many of the ingredients come from local farmers, yet they still manage to keep the menu affordable. So nice to find such a foodie gem, without the parking or traffic of downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Word of warning - althoughLastMinuteDinerVIPDined on 5/31/2013Word of warning - although this restaurant is listed as being in Black mountain, it is actually south of I-40. We had the oyster tempura appetizer, pork chop & "honest" fried chicken. The pork chop was excellent. I think the fried chicken was over brined because it was almost mushy. The tempura treatment of the oysters seemed to alter the texture of the oysters.Special Features:
- Love this place for breakfastcrazy4foodDined on 5/31/2013We usually eat here in the morning hours, so decided to try dinner. The food was good, but management didn't manage their staff assignments very well. When we arrived, our waitress had a table of six, so we got our water and wine in a reasonable time. The rest of the meal took a lot longer between courses. After the party of six, she was assigned a party of seven. I was brought my entree but I had no fork, and my dining companion went and got one. I started eating with my spoon but since no wait staff was around to signal he went and got the fork. We probably won't have dinner there again, but stick with breakfast and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to bring friends fromMari250Dined on 5/29/2013Great to bring friends from Boston who thought the food was terrific. Good job, Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server and chef made the eveningJudyDined on 5/26/2013Beautiful Sunday evening in May, on the deck, with a waitress who was interesting and fun to talk with. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and come back.Special Features:
- Had a creative dish that wasmartDined on 5/3/2013Had a creative dish that was tasteful. Waitress was pleasant and very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A village of Cheshire Gemcrazy4foodDined on 4/28/2013As usual, the food is very good, quick service and helpful wait staff. It's a neighborhood gem indeed.Special Features:
- morning glory is gloriousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/18/2013the reviews we read were spot on -- what a lovely way to start our exploration of Black Mountain. the staff were charming, the food very good, and the community members coming and going clearly felt at home. Just hope we'll pass this way again soon.Special Features:
- Don't miss this local favorite!MahobudDined on 4/12/2013Great small restaurant with excellent food, friendly and knowlegable staff, plus a scenic location. We've enjoyed at various times breakfast, lunch, and most recently treated friends to dinner. I dropped off a favorite wine which they held in the cooler and served when we arrived. We ordered four different entrees and all were excellent. We recommend the blueberry pancakes at breakfast. We eat there anytime we're in Black Mountain and enjoy taking friends there for an always memorable meal. Outdoor dining, too.Special Features:
- Great place - a little offGeekVIPDined on 3/30/2013Great place - a little off the beaten path but worth finding. Food always great quality and well prepared.Special Features:
- 2nd visit, it was a "GREAT"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/20132nd visit, it was a "GREAT" experience. Dinner crew was very pleasant and professionalSpecial Features:
- Best kept secret in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Best kept secret in town. This was my first visit but I will return. Both meals were great and I like the menu selections. My only (minor) issue was the bread was excessively hard on one end of my selection, Vietnamese PorkSpecial Features:
- given a discount when hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/13/2013given a discount when had to wait a few minutes when our reservation was not noticedSpecial Features:
- We did not appreciate theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We did not appreciate the auto gratuity that was on our check.
- Great food, great presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2013Great food, great presentation and flavors. Server was stretched too thin (greeting, serving, and calling orders solo), resulting in a few basic errors (never asked us for a drink order, left water glasses empty over 15 minutes). Just wish they could spring for more help so the service could be as flawless as the food itself.Special Features:
- A must visit..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013A great spot for casual dining with Indoor/outdoor seating. Great menu. I suggest making a reservation. This is a popular place and it fills up quickly!Special Features:
- It's a keeper!BrooklynBornDined on 2/15/2013Interesting menu.One member of our party was gluten free,another vegan and they had no problem finding a great meal.Special Features:
- Chef (Cookie) and staff (includingmikezotDined on 2/14/2013Chef (Cookie) and staff (including Allie, Angela, Travis) have found the perfect blend of food and a feeling of "family," whether you're a first-timer or go there regularly. Both breakfast and lunch items are available daily, and the dinner menu varies daily. All dishes -- from fruit-infused pancakes to basil-melt trout -- offer enough variety to appease any taste.Special Features: