Morimoto - Napa
610 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Morimoto - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morimotonapa.com/
- Phone: 7072521600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily(Dining Room): 11:30- 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily(Dining Room): 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sun-Thurs, 5:00 - 11:00 Fri-Sat (Lounge): 5:00pm - 12:00am Sun-Thurs, 5:00-1:00am Fri-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masaharu Morimoto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant directly to receive more information on large groups or private events.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Caraway 7072521600x
A word from Morimoto - Napa
Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including crème fraîche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Morimoto - Napa - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Morimoto - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (240)special occasion (196)hot spot (131)great for outdoor dining (108)romantic (94)notable wine list (89)vibrant bar scene (87)good for groups (85)scenic view (81)great for lunch (62)neighborhood gem (52)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Outstanding Iron Chef foodDrMangoVIPDined on 10/18/2014We go here every time we are in Napa. The quality and variety of food is outstanding. Truly Iron chef food. I have had some of the wildest dishes here that are so creative and taste so good. Do not go there if you want to have a conversation it is the loudest place I have ever been in you need to scream to be heard even when sitting right next to each other. But the service and the food make up for the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Unique flavors , new experience for tatste and smell. Sushi selections beyond the ordinary. Presentations delight the eye. Bone marrow the best ever. Delicious sake flight - the five year is now my "go to" over port. Smores delighted the eye but too sugary. Noise level unpleasant - had to pretend I understood the very knowledgeable waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - service mehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Took a friend there for a small celebration on a Friday night… Ended up with a waiter named Christian. He hardly checked on us and did not come back to see if we needed anything at all. We had ordered a bunch of maki & sides and really wanted to order some other things to try, and more wine, but he literally just never came back to the table to attend to us so by the time he did come back we were like ready to move on. I don't know if he thought our check was going to be too small (at $100), compared to his other tables so he decided to sacrifice service to our table, but it was very off-putting. On the bright side the food that we got was very good and expos and busboys did a good job overall. Just ok this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014excellent presentation very good food very nice atmosphere however it was very loud there are two bars in the restaurant not so good for a date. they have a heated patio outside and that's where my wife and I should have gone and it would have been a 5 star experience I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backPinksDined on 10/14/2014Made a reservation for my husband's birthday. Drove all the way from SD,Ca - Sanfo-Napa. I felt that the people working here are not happy. From the reception to the waiter and server. The receptionist is not friendly at all. The waiter looks unhappy and the one who brought the food told us what the food is but if you look at her as if she's annoyed that she have to tell has what the food is. Will not be coming back nor recommend this restaurant. Morimoto should train his employees the Japanese standard way. (welcoming,friendly and polite)
- great ambience and AMAZING food!elenaDined on 10/12/2014The food was top notch and the mood was nice. Our server knew a lot about the menu, gave great advice and was super funny and friendly. He helped us pick the right dishes and we loved EVERYTHING we had. I will definitely be returning and would recommend this to friends!Special Features:
- We started out reat, thenrrSVDined on 10/12/2014We were seated promptly, things starated out great. We had appetizers, wine, etc. Then in the middle of the evening our waitress dissappeared. I kept seating the tables on each side of us receiving this wonderful service, we had zero. We finally ordered a dessert, a small plate was brought to me then nothing. Finally i asked a bus person at the next table if they could find a waiter or waitress for us. In a litte bit, our original waitress arrived and brought my sister the dessert, not saying one word about the poor service we had rececived. It was more noticeable because the tables beside us were receiving such excellent service.Special Features:
- Just for fansjasbandDined on 10/12/2014Excellent experience. The place is well decorated to provide a modern ambience. Food surprise you and quality can be appreciated. Portions are probably too big for what you expect from the Japanese cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorimotosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant has a stunning menu and executes it flawlessly. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Japanese, But GoodKrisVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is more a pan-Asian take on Japanese food, not the real thing. The ramen is pitiful (don't do it, it's chicken noodle soup), but other menu items are quite good including the rock shrimp, tuna pizza and gyoza (desserts are fun too). The bar can create some lovely cocktails and Morimoto's own beer (30 oz!) is good. If you're a Japanese purist, much will disappoint, but if you enjoy a creative play on Asian food, you'll get a kick out of some combinations. Our server was excellent in pointing out differences, including getting me a taste of the ramen dashi....not up to standards, but she was game enough to do it. Ultimately, it is a cold, concrete atmosphere, can be loud and clammy cold in the winter, nice in the heat, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleMikeStefLKNDined on 10/10/2014We absolutely loved our meal. Calling Morimoto's excellent does not give justice. The food was exquisite and the service impeccable. Yes it is loud, but the noise is well tolerable once you begin experiencing the incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotxheightDined on 10/10/2014We had a great experience. It was pretty loud but the service and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Interesting . . .rpsteveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We showed up 5 minutes after our reservation so I expected our table to be ready when we got there. It wasn't, so we waited. When we sat down, no acknowledgement of Alexandra's 21st and the noise was so deafeningly loud, we had to scream to be heard. And I am not exaggerating. WORST ACOUSTICS EVER! Most of the food was delicious, but a couple of the server-recommended appetizers were just OK (since that is subjective) take that with a grain of salt (speaking of salt . . . but don't order the salted potatoes). I'm still bloated. And, that dish was put on our table 10 minutes before our entrees came out. Our serve later told us that the now cold potatoes were meant for another table. They just weren't firing on all cylinders.Special Features:
- Outstanding DiningCrutchDined on 10/10/2014Had lunch here for the first time and loved it. Had the lunch sampler with tempura, sushi, and beef. Everything was absolutely some of the best we have ever had. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeBobinohioDined on 10/6/2014We chose Morimoto for our first night in Napa. It was a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mgolondrinaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great outdoor seating along with great service and amazing food.Special Features:
- Nice but not wow'dFoodieDined on 10/5/2014The ambiance, food and price were everything I expected from talking to friends. The service was professional but it didn't wow me. I would definitely go back and recommend it but I wouldn't rave about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatalieNatalieDined on 10/4/2014Order Gyoza and never have I seen them presented in such a fabulous way. We thought they had brought the wrong dish. They were wonderful! My cod was delicious as well as the hot pot dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant is on a downward spiralOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014We have loved Morimoto's since the beginning and have seriously supported them with our checks for two averaging $250. Recently, we have suffered an ill-trained waitress, over-cooked tempura and hamachi taco shells fried in what smelled like long-used oil. Our carpaccio salad had pieces of rotting mixed greens. Their fish still seems to be superior to other restaurants in town, but it can't be long before that goes the way of the salad. A standing order is non-alcohol beer - too bad that the restaurant unapologetically ran out on a Friday afternoon. Could it be that the greedy, cost-cutting management is trying to increase bar profits by limiting non alcohol beverages or just the untrained bar staff failing to place a weekend order?
- Best sushi ever!!!FoodieforLifeDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by spending the day wine tasting and having lunch at Morimoto in Napa. We started off with the kakuni, or 10 hour pork belly, and it was so tender and flavorful. We then had the bone marrow which was also delicious! The spicy chirashi with poached egg on top was a perfect blend of spicy and creamy, and was our favorite part of the meal. The sashimi was fresh and served beautifully on an iced platter. We ended our meal with uni with quail egg. Absolutely the best sushi and lunch experience ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!Luv2dineoutanytimeDined on 10/1/2014We dined at some fabulous restaurants in Napa but Morimoto's was outstanding! The food was beyond delicious and the presentation of the food was beautiful. Our server was great--very informative and attentive. Without a doubt, the best calamari I have ever eaten(calamari salad). Also, a very nice ambience both inside and out on the patio overlooking the Napa River. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service- ask for Crystal!misterkessler29Dined on 9/29/2014We had a terrific evening thanks to the extraordinary recommendations by and attention to detail from our Server, Crystal. My wife doesn't typically love sushi or any eclectic foods for that matter, but based on Crystal's description and enthusiasm we just had her order for us and it couldn't have gone any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedExpertdinerDined on 9/27/2014Sat at a corner table in the back, waiter seem rushed (annoyed by questions re: menu), I asked to have Kimchee left off a dish & he told us they did not make substitutions. That's not a substitution, I just didn't want it on my plate? He was sweating profusely, kept wiping his forehead with the back of his hand, gross! Also they had 5 unisex bathrooms for the entire restaurant & there was constantly a line. :/ weird! The food had good flavor for the most part, but we didn't feel it warranted the price tag associated with it. As Visitors to Napa, & all the wonderful choices of restaurants to choose from, wouldn't come back.Special Features:
- Delicious, too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/27/2014We ate at Morimoto on Saturday, September 27. As always, it was a wonderful experience, with creative, delicious food. Initially, we were seated inside, and the noise level was nearly painful. There were only two of us, and we could not have a conversation. We asked to be moved outside, and the whole experience became pleasant. Noise can be " energetic", but the noise at Morimoto was ridiculous. Still, highly recommended.Special Features:
- amvaldezDined on 9/27/2014Great food but it was a bit salty for my husband and myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingverypickymickyDined on 9/26/2014Beautifully presented food. Taste sensation. Fantastic service. The best restaurant in Napa Valley. Wine lost to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceWorldtravellerDined on 9/26/2014Unparalleled service. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Once we told him what we liked, he guided us through the menu with professional and polite suggestions. He made our dinner even better. Of course the food at Morimoto was perfect, and the wine list was outstanding. Can't wait to go again, it's now at the top of our Napa list.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodKentaurDined on 9/21/2014The menu had great options, and the food we ordered (carpaccio, sushi, halibut) were all tasting amazing! The server we had was so, so. He was knowledgeable about the menus, but was not very personable. Kind of rushed us through. It didn't spoil our evening though! Would defenitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchmindmavenVIPDined on 9/20/2014Morimoto continues to provide creative and outstanding food. The cod is sensational. Sushi excellent. This is a place to come for a special occasion. Worth the drive from San Francisco to NapaSpecial Features:
- Great Creative Food, Service so-soBlackrattusVIPDined on 9/20/2014A spur of the moment reservation, we tried the new pastrami hamachi, which was AWESOME, medium-fatty tuna, also amazing, excellent whole crispy fish and mango pudding for dessert - ALL fantastic. Service started strong, but half way through disappeared almost completely. Waited forever for dessert menus, then forever to order dessert, forever on coffee refills... so left with a meh feeling... which is too bad, because it's one of our favorite restaurants and we've been here dozens of times.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Very good meal as always. I love the Toro both sashimi and tartar. All their sushi and sashimi is good with high quality fish. But My heart belongs to The Rock Shrimp Tempura. Always a personal favorite since the Nobu days, but has added a second way with a wasabi based sauce- every piece devoured. The 10 hour pork belly again a homerun. The Cod was good but I prefer the black miso version. Had to finally try the Uni carbonara- very rich and could only handle a few bites. The Wagyu steak was good. Sake was excellent as is tradition and I must say I am not much of a Scotch drinker, but we had a 16yr old lagavulin that was amazing- perfect smoke and smooth.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinnerbrooksie211VIPDined on 9/18/2014Consistently excellent - Morimoto Napa always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014On this trip we have eaten at Redd, Press, Bouchon, French Laundry and Bottega. Morimoto was #2 behind FL and not by that much. They are completely different, yet almost the same in quality of ingredients, service and execution.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicemaexdaeDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went here a couple days ago to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our reservation was at 11:30 am and we stayed until about 1:30 - it was that good. The drinks were sooo good (crimson mimosa, white lily shirayuri and the hazelnut ale). We had the hamachi tacos and raw oysters for apps; two sashimi combos and shrimp tempura roll as entrees; my husband had the sorbet trio and I had the doughnuts for dessert. The food was exquisite. A+++. 10 stars. I'm salivating just writing this review. Service was very good. We would definite go back! Thank you, Morimoto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!NewInTownDined on 9/13/2014Well worth the price. Omakase is a great deal considering the quality and the amount of food you get. So many courses!!Special Features:
- Perfection!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014We dined at Morimoto during our vacation in Napa. The night before we had dined at a very famous french restaurant and we were all much more impressed with Morimoto. The food was sublime, really perfect. Our group shared several appetizers, both hot and cold - not a miss in the bunch. We also sampled each others entrees and they were all delicious. Our server was knowledgeable and gave just the right amount of attention. Highly, highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, and great food but loudzozoDined on 9/10/2014During our trip to Napa, this was definitely on our list to try. Everything presented was great and we saw interesting stuff that others ordered as well. The atmosphere was high energy and fun; It was a little too loud for a real foodie experience though. We wished that we had been sitting at the bar so we could talk and hear each other more easily while we ate. The couple next to us sat and immediately asked to move out to the porch. As tourists we weren't familiar with that option, and had already ordered by then.Special Features:
- Noisy!!!!!!JewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 9/10/2014If you can get past the noise level, you will have one of the best meals in town.Special Features:
- Weeken in napaFoodsdventurersDined on 9/6/2014We wanted a once in a lifetime dinner while in napa and got it Morimoto's. Our server did a terrific job of welcoming us and helping us plan out the evening. Each course was at a quality level well above our norm. The service and meal were exceptional.Special Features:
- Lifetime ExperienceMunsterlanderDined on 9/5/2014Morimoto's was an experience I'll never forget. I loved trying new food I've never had before. The eel sushi was on my list. But to my surprise, the sea urchin carbonara was the best thing I ate on my entire vacation. So fun to try something new, and then to have it taste extremely delicious was da bomb!Special Features: