Morimoto - Napa
610 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Morimoto - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morimotonapa.com/
- Phone: 7072521600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily(Dining Room): 11:30- 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily(Dining Room): 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sun-Thurs, 5:00 - 11:00 Fri-Sat (Lounge): 5:00pm - 12:00am Sun-Thurs, 5:00-1:00am Fri-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masaharu Morimoto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant directly to receive more information on large groups or private events.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Caraway 7072521600x
A word from Morimoto - Napa
Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including crème fraîche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Morimoto - Napa - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Morimoto - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (243)special occasion (213)hot spot (132)great for outdoor dining (111)romantic (103)scenic view (82)vibrant bar scene (79)good for groups (78)notable wine list (75)great for lunch (62)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (13)Show More
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Extensive menu including all the sushi options. Great flavor combinations in beautiful presented dishes. The service was also great. We would certainly recommend Morimoto and hope to visit again!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014For a world re known Chef this experience was disappointing. Good food but not great. Waited 30mins for drinks upon arrival. Beef carpaccio was delicious but it went down hill from thereSpecial Features:
- Miso happy with MorimotosRJWEatsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Started with the saki, hamachi appetizer with sturgeon caviar, presentation was unlike anything I have seen! Had the tempura spicy rock shrimp with two amazing sauces , Gyoza with bacon foam and we had their specialty , the de boned spicy fish which was incredibly prepared and presented. The s'more desert was delicious and fulfilled all my expectations!! The staff was friendly and really understood the menu!! Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSpanky44Dined on 8/23/2014it was as wonderful a meal as we had hoped and the dishes are imaginative and very well executed with larger portions than expected and the staff was great all around, the wait staff's knowledge of the menu was extraordinary, great service and nicely done interior modern and rustic. Went on 8/23, and after dinner at 320 am was the earthquake in Napa LOL, hope all is well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return here every yrFtWorthfreqvisitorDined on 8/22/2014Ambiance great food and attentive service. We return year after year when visiting Napa sometimes even multiple times it's so great and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!AmyLDined on 8/22/2014We went here based on the reviews that I read on Open Table. We were extremely pleased with both the food and the service. I would definitely recommend the ishi yaki buri bop! It was outstanding!Special Features:
- Some of the best food we've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Morimoto's lived up to our highest expectations. The majority of the dishes we tried were right up there with some of the best we've ever had. Of particular note were the "sticky ribs" and Kobe beef wraps. Also good was the calamari salad. On all dishes the balance of acidity to the base flavors were impeccable. There was a good showing of a master chefs careful assessment of flavor. If there was a fault it may be that some of the dishes were a little over salted, but this was just marginal. Wine selection by the glass was within expectations for a high end Napa restaurant. All in all we enjoyed the restaurant immensely and would not hesitate to return next time we are in the wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not mind blowing...MamaCDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant is beautiful, but very loud. We LOVED the sticky rib appetizer, but felt our chinese broccoli side was quite oily, and our entree of Surf & Turf was good, but the beef was quite chewy and not as tender as you would hope. We also had the chilled soup with green tea noodles. It had a rich broth with the noodles and a couple simple garnishes. I enjoyed it, but my husband did not. I did have fun with the Sake flight and we loved the S'mores dessert. Server was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful food - Morimoto always has great atmosphere and delicious food! Love the one in NY and loved trying this one!Special Features:
- This place is incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I have only two words: tasting menu. The end. Yes, it is THAT GOOD. Morimoto is a culinary genius and his passion for his art is evident in every dish he serves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2014I am a Innkeeper at the Napa Inn, I will recommend to all my guests! fantastic Experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morimoto's finestfoodtodie4VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and a great place for a culinary experience; the food was superb with each presentation beautifully displayed and when placed on the table it was explained by the server. This was Japanese food uniquely flavored and delectable. We were surprised with each dish and complimented the servers as they explained each dish.Special Features:
- OmakaseFranVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've been going to Morimoto every month and always the foods were excellent. This the first time we tried the Omakase. Very disappointing and looks like they did not make an effort to create something amazing. I guess it's safer to stick to the main menu.Special Features:
- LunchTsuitellDined on 8/16/2014Four of us went to this restaurant for lunch. The restaurant seemed busy for Saturday but we had to wait very long time before our order was served. During the wait, the waitress did not explain why the order was late. They also seemed to used the private dining section for the employee's lunch break, which did not deem appropriate for such a high class restaurant. They should have it in the back room. Sashimi assortment was good for Saturday.Special Features:
- Doesn't get better than this!PatRDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding wagu beef carpaccio, unagi, and abalone sushi. The black cod lunch combo, and the awesome morimoto sake flight. Don't miss the mango pudding for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Head's UpLAvisitorDined on 8/15/2014I knew based on past reviews that the noise level could be an issue so we made reservations early which proved to be very smart. The atmosphere was quiet & enjoyable; our waiter was very attentive and service was very very good. However once the crowd started to arrive around 7pm, it became more difficult to hear our conversation around that table and you rarely saw your waiter so just expect that. There were other waiters & helpers that jumped to replensh your drinks and clear the table but you certainly didn't feel like you were your waiter's main concern :-( Food was delicious though and that was the primary reason I went there so can't say I was disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not disappointrwhittDined on 8/15/2014Food, service, ambiance.... everything exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and experience!MikeDined on 8/14/2014I have dined at Morimoto's a handful of times, and each is a very unique and enjoyable experience. Obviously their sushi is a must have, and well worth the expense, but they have many other high quality dishes as well. This last occasion, I went with a large party (13+) including 3 children under six. Morimoto's was able to accommodate both the party and provide good recommendations on what the younger set would enjoy. Highly recommended for anyone in the Napa area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Server was amazing, she recommended a few things and all of them were great. The Waygu beef for apetitizer, uni + udon, black cod, those are super amazing! :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Bone marrow was excellent, Ramen soup was very good and the rolls were well done. Duck, duck goose was good as well. Excellent service from Mariha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHfoodie4Dined on 8/13/2014Service highly mediocre, food drowning in sauce, my husband did not feel good all night after eating there. We has eaten there 9 months ago and it was good. It has really gone downhill. We will not return or recommend to others.
- A gastronomical adventurekacbDined on 8/13/2014I chose to go for it and ordered the tasting menu. Eight courses of sheer heaven. Tried foods I'd never order because I didn't know what they were. The wait staff carefully explained every dish. A great time for all of us.Special Features:
- Awful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014I was at Morimoto last year and loved it. This year was horrible. The waiter and manager had an tacky attitude. The sushi was not good at all. We asked for our check half way through and left.!! Will never return.
- Awesome for girls' night outamateurFoodieDined on 8/10/2014had an early reservation as we had to get back to SF to work the next day so it was quiet in the restaurant. Had 2 appetizers, one roll, and shared the porkchops and kimchee dish. Everything was amazing, even the home-made kimchee (I am native Korean so it passed the test for me) which had smoked bacon as a garnish. The best dish was the spicy Alaskan king crab appetizer. Could have made a meal out of it but would have been cost prohibitive. Can't wait to come back to try all the other dishes. The fresh sashimi looked amazing and am looking forward to trying that on my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitluv2dineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful, lively restaurant, quite loud. Service slow, perhaps due to the kitchen not keeping pace, but waitress somewhat absent-minded and not very personable. Wish we had stuck with the first waiter who was attentive and eager to describe disches and make recommendations. Ironically he was in the back dining room, while the absent-minded one was in the busiest part of the restaurant! Food good, not entirely memorable though. Morimoto sake sample was amazing! Prices reasonable considering the quality.Special Features:
- Food was great...tyraahVIPDined on 8/9/2014Took my bestie here for her birthday as she loves Japanese food and you really can't go wrong with Morimoto. Had the calamari salad...Yum, friggin, yum! (brought me back to my days in NYC, all good times!!) Lots of Sushi, so good, so fresh, wow! Lots of food that came out to other tables that looked so delish, but can't always eat with my eyes!! The dessert was the best part, doughnuts with assorted sugar accompaniments. Yummmmmmmm. There are plenty of great places to eat while in Napa but Morimoto is my fave!Special Features:
- Mori-great-food-motoYUMMODined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were here for my birthday. The food was great. I would definitely venture outside your comfort zone and order something you haven't tried before. We got the squid appetizer and was pleasantly surprised with all the components in this dish that brought out the "wow" factor. We also got the monkey bread - ate it all. The pork chops was nice and tender, but the applesauce was a bit rich for my taste. The Halibut was cooked to perfection with a lovely curry sauce that compliments the dish very well - was pleasantly surprised to find grilled bananas on the plate that added a nice contrast to the dish.Special Features:
- It's all in the Details!PinkMousePrincessVIPDined on 8/9/2014Only Morimoto could take something as simple as Ramen and elevate it to the next level by making the best noodles ever. He makes his own soy sauce! Excellent service from a well seasoned server. I highly recommend the 10hour pork belly appetizer and the King Crab Legs. The one disappointment was the Gyoza. The presentation was great but the filling flavor and texture didn't deliver the same "wow". That being said, it's a real treat to dine here!Special Features:
- Foodie and sushi nirvanaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014The hot appetizers were far superior to the cold appetizers. The sushi cold plates did not accurately showcase Morimoto's fresh sushi. Enjoy the hot small plates and then feast on sushi in it's purist form.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night.JerieDined on 8/8/2014Service was very good and a great wine list with fair prices. The Spicy Crab was one of the highlights of our meal.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemorewinepleaseDined on 8/4/2014The staff was great - especially Crystal who's been there from the beginning. Knew every item on the menu really well and was great at her job! We had high expectations or iron chef quality and presentation and Morimoto lived up to and exceeded our standards! It's on the expensive side but we'll have great memories of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!ChardDined on 8/3/2014Meet with friends to enjoy a great meal and to catch up. The food was delicious and amazing. Quality was as fresh as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmaqdaddyDined on 8/3/2014The food is top notch. Mouth watering, melt in your mouth foid. Best food my wife and I had in a really long time. The desert is phenomenal as well. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonreviewerVIPDined on 8/2/2014just loved it from start to finish dervice was greatSpecial Features:
- Dinner Hot SpotIronChefFollowerDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed everything but the noise. Great service, creative food, comfortable setting, but the restaurant was full with at least 20 people standing at the bar creating so much noise you could not talk to your dining partner on the other side of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best meals everFlyingBRDined on 7/31/2014So many fantastic favors, creative presentations, service was top notch; another victory for the iron chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Have to go to "THE IRON CHEF" gem Amazing food And amazing staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NitishaDined on 7/29/2014I have had better sushi at cheaper places. The non-sushi entrees were very good though. Specifically loved the cod in ginger soy reduction. Not a place for a quiet romantic dinner though.Special Features:
- DisappointedNapachikDined on 7/29/2014I have not dined here in a year but the food was very disappointing.
- AmazingMAK20Dined on 7/29/2014There is a lot of great food in Napa but this restaurant stands out. Everything was excellent. It may be wrong to order beer in Napa but Chef's beer was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.