Morimoto - Napa
610 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Morimoto - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morimotonapa.com/
- Phone: 7072521600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily(Dining Room): 11:30- 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily(Dining Room): 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sun-Thurs, 5:00 - 11:00 Fri-Sat (Lounge): 5:00pm - 12:00am Sun-Thurs, 5:00-1:00am Fri-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masaharu Morimoto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant directly to receive more information on large groups or private events.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Caraway 7072521600x
A word from Morimoto - Napa
Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including crème fraîche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Morimoto - Napa - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Morimoto - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (229)special occasion (202)hot spot (124)great for outdoor dining (100)romantic (94)vibrant bar scene (78)good for groups (76)scenic view (74)notable wine list (70)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Perfection!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014We dined at Morimoto during our vacation in Napa. The night before we had dined at a very famous french restaurant and we were all much more impressed with Morimoto. The food was sublime, really perfect. Our group shared several appetizers, both hot and cold - not a miss in the bunch. We also sampled each others entrees and they were all delicious. Our server was knowledgeable and gave just the right amount of attention. Highly, highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, and great food but loudzozoDined on 9/10/2014During our trip to Napa, this was definitely on our list to try. Everything presented was great and we saw interesting stuff that others ordered as well. The atmosphere was high energy and fun; It was a little too loud for a real foodie experience though. We wished that we had been sitting at the bar so we could talk and hear each other more easily while we ate. The couple next to us sat and immediately asked to move out to the porch. As tourists we weren't familiar with that option, and had already ordered by then.Special Features:
- Noisy!!!!!!JewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 9/10/2014If you can get past the noise level, you will have one of the best meals in town.Special Features:
- Weeken in napaFoodsdventurersDined on 9/6/2014We wanted a once in a lifetime dinner while in napa and got it Morimoto's. Our server did a terrific job of welcoming us and helping us plan out the evening. Each course was at a quality level well above our norm. The service and meal were exceptional.Special Features:
- Lifetime ExperienceMunsterlanderDined on 9/5/2014Morimoto's was an experience I'll never forget. I loved trying new food I've never had before. The eel sushi was on my list. But to my surprise, the sea urchin carbonara was the best thing I ate on my entire vacation. So fun to try something new, and then to have it taste extremely delicious was da bomb!Special Features:
- SERVICE PEDESTRIANSEATTLEFOODIEDined on 9/5/2014What a huge disappointment to have such a hot spot, with such a cool vibe, and good food only to fall short because the service was simply "mailed in" and pedestrian. Food was great, albeit the small portions, but given the prices, expect more service for the price. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstanding!kaffeinadiktDined on 9/4/2014This was our first experience dining at one of Morimoto's restaurants and it did not disappoint. Would go back in a flash. Best dishes: tuna pizza, hamachi tartar, sticky ribs, rock shrimp and the spicy king crab. To end the meal try the smores or soufle cheesecake. Every bite was delicious and we really couldn't pick a favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Chef good!MikeyBDined on 9/3/2014Everything from start to finish was great. My wife and I had the tuna pizza and ribs for appetizers. Both were great! The sushi was top notch too. I would definitely recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAggieFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Took a friend here for a celebration dinner, and it was really wonderful. Our server really knew her food and wine and was able to make great recommendations. The food itself was well prepared, delicious, and beautifully presented. This is a top tier restaurant and certainly one of my favorites in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaDined on 9/1/2014The food, while inventive, just didn't taste as good as expected.Special Features:
- Exceptional experience all aroundDandDDined on 8/31/2014Top notch service at all levels. Creative cocktail menu. Mixologist came to our table to discuss the offerings. Made modifications to my wife's drink after discussing her tastes. Waitress Moriah couldn't have been more perfect. Expert on the menu. Helped us script the meal wonderfully. Listened to our thoughts and her suggestions in response were spot on! There were so many things on the menu we wanted to try that we opted for the Omikase- a tasting of Morimoto. Omikase...OMG! Loved it! So many one of a kind courses. Stunning presentations. Great tastes throughout. Used Moriah's input to get great drink pairings throughout as well. Our most expensive meal but the most wor This meal alone would have made our short trip to Napa worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall is was great, but...YarnyVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food at Morimoto's is outstanding. Unusual preparations and flavors. My review will not criticize the food or the service, both were top notch. My criticism is the hostess. We had 5:45 reservations and after a long day in the wine country arrived a little early at 5:20. She said to sit in the bar as we will be seated closer to our reservation time. We walked to the back of the restaurant and it was practically empty! After I complained, she sat us in a table in the middle of the restaurant next to the bar! I asked for one of the booths in (that were empty) against the wall and she looked and me and said "Ok, fine". I would understand if this was 7:30 on a Saturday night, but this was 5:30 on a Sunday. Really??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The food was stellar. It was great to be adventurous and try out the barracuda and the bone marrow. Service was amazing and it was nice to have the servers explain each dish to you as they brought them out. The S'mores was a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenehuneDined on 8/30/2014Would have given 5 stars but the service was slow and our waitress seemed too busy to attend to us, food was slow to arrive. Brought 2 first time guests here and was disappointed. Our first time here was truly a 5 star performance!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalWanderingFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Server Barron was outstanding! Winners include: bone marrow, sticky ribs, sushi- soft shell crab roll. Misses: pork belly-too sweet. All in all a fantastic honeymoon dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingMichaelCDined on 8/29/2014As a business traveler who regularly comes to Napa, my first choice for dining is always Morimoto. On this trip my wife joined me, so an evening at Morimoto was a given. As Vancouverites we eat a lot of sushi and have experienced some outstanding sushi meals. Morimoto certainly meets this standard. Perhaps most impressive is their selection; I always find something new and different here - either creative or seasonal. A contemporary but not too trendy ambience, and the knowledgeable and professional service make for a first-rate evening. Yes, it's on the pricey side, but a price happily paid for the total experience.Special Features:
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Extensive menu including all the sushi options. Great flavor combinations in beautiful presented dishes. The service was also great. We would certainly recommend Morimoto and hope to visit again!Special Features:
- Best meal in NapaCB444VIPDined on 8/28/2014Best sushi I've ever had. The restaurant is large, chic, def on the pricier side but you're getting what you pay for--great ambiance and amazing sushi. Was fun to try new types of fish and our waiter was super helpful in helping us decide our menu selections.Special Features:
- DisappointingAussiekathDined on 8/28/2014For a world re known Chef this experience was disappointing. Good food but not great. Waited 30mins for drinks upon arrival. Beef carpaccio was delicious but it went down hill from thereSpecial Features:
- Miso happy with MorimotosRJWEatsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Started with the saki, hamachi appetizer with sturgeon caviar, presentation was unlike anything I have seen! Had the tempura spicy rock shrimp with two amazing sauces , Gyoza with bacon foam and we had their specialty , the de boned spicy fish which was incredibly prepared and presented. The s'more desert was delicious and fulfilled all my expectations!! The staff was friendly and really understood the menu!! Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014We've been waiting a long time (4+ years) to try this restaurant, & it did not disappoint. Food, beverages were all outstanding. The omakasse made for a very special experience. Next time we are in the good state of California, we will certainly go out of our way to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSpanky44Dined on 8/23/2014it was as wonderful a meal as we had hoped and the dishes are imaginative and very well executed with larger portions than expected and the staff was great all around, the wait staff's knowledge of the menu was extraordinary, great service and nicely done interior modern and rustic. Went on 8/23, and after dinner at 320 am was the earthquake in Napa LOL, hope all is well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return here every yrFtWorthfreqvisitorDined on 8/22/2014Ambiance great food and attentive service. We return year after year when visiting Napa sometimes even multiple times it's so great and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!AmyLDined on 8/22/2014We went here based on the reviews that I read on Open Table. We were extremely pleased with both the food and the service. I would definitely recommend the ishi yaki buri bop! It was outstanding!Special Features:
- Some of the best food we've hadAptosC6Dined on 8/22/2014Morimoto's lived up to our highest expectations. The majority of the dishes we tried were right up there with some of the best we've ever had. Of particular note were the "sticky ribs" and Kobe beef wraps. Also good was the calamari salad. On all dishes the balance of acidity to the base flavors were impeccable. There was a good showing of a master chefs careful assessment of flavor. If there was a fault it may be that some of the dishes were a little over salted, but this was just marginal. Wine selection by the glass was within expectations for a high end Napa restaurant. All in all we enjoyed the restaurant immensely and would not hesitate to return next time we are in the wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not mind blowing...MamaCDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant is beautiful, but very loud. We LOVED the sticky rib appetizer, but felt our chinese broccoli side was quite oily, and our entree of Surf & Turf was good, but the beef was quite chewy and not as tender as you would hope. We also had the chilled soup with green tea noodles. It had a rich broth with the noodles and a couple simple garnishes. I enjoyed it, but my husband did not. I did have fun with the Sake flight and we loved the S'mores dessert. Server was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful food - Morimoto always has great atmosphere and delicious food! Love the one in NY and loved trying this one!Special Features:
- This place is incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I have only two words: tasting menu. The end. Yes, it is THAT GOOD. Morimoto is a culinary genius and his passion for his art is evident in every dish he serves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2014I am a Innkeeper at the Napa Inn, I will recommend to all my guests! fantastic Experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morimoto's finestfoodtodie4VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and a great place for a culinary experience; the food was superb with each presentation beautifully displayed and when placed on the table it was explained by the server. This was Japanese food uniquely flavored and delectable. We were surprised with each dish and complimented the servers as they explained each dish.Special Features:
- OmakaseFranVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've been going to Morimoto every month and always the foods were excellent. This the first time we tried the Omakase. Very disappointing and looks like they did not make an effort to create something amazing. I guess it's safer to stick to the main menu.Special Features:
- LunchTsuitellDined on 8/16/2014Four of us went to this restaurant for lunch. The restaurant seemed busy for Saturday but we had to wait very long time before our order was served. During the wait, the waitress did not explain why the order was late. They also seemed to used the private dining section for the employee's lunch break, which did not deem appropriate for such a high class restaurant. They should have it in the back room. Sashimi assortment was good for Saturday.Special Features:
- Doesn't get better than this!PatRDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding wagu beef carpaccio, unagi, and abalone sushi. The black cod lunch combo, and the awesome morimoto sake flight. Don't miss the mango pudding for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Head's UpLAvisitorDined on 8/15/2014I knew based on past reviews that the noise level could be an issue so we made reservations early which proved to be very smart. The atmosphere was quiet & enjoyable; our waiter was very attentive and service was very very good. However once the crowd started to arrive around 7pm, it became more difficult to hear our conversation around that table and you rarely saw your waiter so just expect that. There were other waiters & helpers that jumped to replensh your drinks and clear the table but you certainly didn't feel like you were your waiter's main concern :-( Food was delicious though and that was the primary reason I went there so can't say I was disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not disappointrwhittDined on 8/15/2014Food, service, ambiance.... everything exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and experience!MikeDined on 8/14/2014I have dined at Morimoto's a handful of times, and each is a very unique and enjoyable experience. Obviously their sushi is a must have, and well worth the expense, but they have many other high quality dishes as well. This last occasion, I went with a large party (13+) including 3 children under six. Morimoto's was able to accommodate both the party and provide good recommendations on what the younger set would enjoy. Highly recommended for anyone in the Napa area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Server was amazing, she recommended a few things and all of them were great. The Waygu beef for apetitizer, uni + udon, black cod, those are super amazing! :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Bone marrow was excellent, Ramen soup was very good and the rolls were well done. Duck, duck goose was good as well. Excellent service from Mariha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHfoodie4Dined on 8/13/2014Service highly mediocre, food drowning in sauce, my husband did not feel good all night after eating there. We has eaten there 9 months ago and it was good. It has really gone downhill. We will not return or recommend to others.
- A gastronomical adventurekacbDined on 8/13/2014I chose to go for it and ordered the tasting menu. Eight courses of sheer heaven. Tried foods I'd never order because I didn't know what they were. The wait staff carefully explained every dish. A great time for all of us.Special Features: