Moriarty's Bistro & Wine Bar
10154 100 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0P6Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
Moriarty's Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://moriartysbistro.com/
- Phone: 7807572005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Cory Welsch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire within
- Private Party Facilities: Moriarty’s is licensed for 80 people indoors and 100 on our patio. We are a fully licensed facility (minors excluded) and capable of holding private parties to our maximum capacity.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 8887024641
- Entertainment: Background Music, DJ (Friday nights.)
- Special Events: Lovely venue for private and corporate events. Exclusive room bookings available for parties up to 100 people. Please contact the General Manager to book an appointment and review the booking requirements.
- Cross Street: Rice Howard Way
- Public Transit: Located within walking distance - 5 minutes.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking meters out front, four parkades walking distance. City of Edmonton Library Parkade, Scotia Place Parkade, City Centre Mall Parkade, Westin Hotel Parking.
A word from Moriarty's Bistro & Wine Bar
Chic, trendy and very hip, Edmonton’s foodies will fall in love with Moriarty's. Cool music, an amazing European decor, you will be transported not only by our take on urban classic bistro cuisine by day and small plates by night but our extensive wine offerings selected by VinoMania's owner Gurvinder Bhatia of CBC fame and our in-house Sommelier. It's not necessary to spend a small fortune to dine in one of the most unique hot spots in the City. You will find what you are looking for and then some at Moriarty's. So go ahead - diversify your palate. We are locally owned and pride ourselves on using organic and local products wherever we can. We guarantee you won't be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moriarty's Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Favorite placeKirtDined on 1/30/2014Love the fact that you can nibble on cheese, crackers and meats while drinking wine and visiting. And that it is regional cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night!HprunnerVIPDined on 1/29/2014Was a great quiet spot for girls night dinner and wine. Good food, good service and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, hopping placePriscillaDined on 1/25/2014Despite being on the louder side, this place makes up for it by having great atmosphere, a fantastic wine list, and a chacuterrie board that is finally worth the money (the portions are much more reasonable!). I discovered a new favourite wine because of my experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and RomanticLegallyBrunetteDined on 1/17/2014My wife and I reserved at table for two on a Friday night in order to unwind after work and enjoy a romantic date. The charcuterie platter lived up to its reputation. We highly recommend it and we especially enjoyed the house made terrine and the pickled vegetables. We found the ambiance both relaxing and romantic and we appreciated the noise level. The only reason we did not award full stars for ambiance was we did not find the plastic lawn-chair-like chairs to be comfortable. Overall this was a wonderful relaxing night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience was very niceLindyBDined on 12/31/2013The ambience was very nice upon arrival. The staff was very friendly and informative. I was impressed at how well they knew their menu. The food was good, however not over the top. I found the one appetizer (tomato salad) to be very tasteless. I think they should have chose something with a bit more flavor and something in season. The duck spring rolls were very tasty. I also thought that the salad that accompanied the tuna and salmon fell short. It had no flavor. For the main course we chose the tenderloin. It was served cold which would have been better warmed....also the breaded pudding was very dry and overdone. Although I may sound critical, it was still a nice meal. I am a total foodie, so I tend to honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance/Poor ServiceHealthytrieaterDined on 12/14/2013This was a restaurant experience gone bad. It was difficult to say the least in order to get the attention of the waitress (if she was anywhere to be found) It took several minutes to get glasses of water while we looked at the drink menu and then 20 minutes after we ordered beverages from the bar, to arrive at the table. All of us at the table discussed that this would be an all night affair in order to get dinner in a timely manner. We decided that after being in the restaurant for approximately an hour with no hope for improvement, it was time to leave. We unfortunately did not order food, which looked excellent at other tables. The ambiance and energy in the restaurant was excellent, just not the service.Special Features:
- Was a little concerned walkingcrosscountryDined on 12/3/2013Was a little concerned walking in it may be a tad too formal, but we had a very comfortable and enjoyable evening. Service was FABULOUS, and we were all pleasantly surprised by the generous portions on the appetizer platters! Would recommend for a group... or couples, for sure! Thanks!Special Features:
- Quiet downtown lunchHotmetalDined on 11/28/2013Want to get away from the crowds - try Moriarty's for lunch. Great ambiance close to the hustle and bustle of the stores and fast food. Excellent option to get away from it all. Menu not too large but offers good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceConcertGoerDined on 11/15/2013This was a great place for either a small meal and drink before a show or a larger meal for a nice evening. Highly recommend it!! Waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and the preparation / original of the dishes, wines and beers. Will definitely be going again and suggest you do too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spot downtownmojodinerDined on 11/13/2013Enjoyed lunch w/ 3 others. Interesting sandwich/soup/salad options; portions on the small side for the $$ but sufficient for a quick lunch. Great service, friendly and timely. Didn't have opportunity to sample wines, but list looks promising. Decor and ambiance are nice, generic "contemporary" look in a smallish space. Very small tables and booths make for uncomfortable dining for more than 2 ppl - lots of table crowding and knees colliding with 4 ppl at a booth. I suspect evenings/after-work it's less quiet and a bit livelier.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for dinner before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Went for dinner before theatre performance. Service was prompt, and server was very friendly and attentive., Obviously CFR was in full swing and server was dressed in cow girl gear. Food was delicious, especially the Salmon and the cheese plate that was served with pickled veggies made in house. Over all a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great small Plateshallsie89Dined on 11/8/2013Excellent resturant for drinks and Appies! The small plates are very good and nice for sharing. Great place to grab a drink afterwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre or Post show restaurantJudesVIPDined on 11/1/2013The location of this restaurant makes it a great before and after show dining experience. It has great ambience and the wine list is varied and affordable. There are interesting menu choices. We had two seafood entrees - the salmon, and the special which was red snapper. Both dishes were served with kale (one steamed, the other creamed) . The salmon was accompanied with mashed potatoes and the snapper with wild mushroom risotto. Both entrees were quite delicious although I found the risotto to be very garlicky. I would recommend this restaurant to others and would also return myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outJandJDined on 10/25/2013I went there on Friday night with my boyfriend and we had a great time. The waitress was great - helpful with the menu and attentive to our needs. The selection on the menu was ok but what we got was very tasty and all homemade.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Great WineConfeyeDined on 10/18/2013The wine and food list were extensive and satisfying. The ambience was romantic, and even though the music kept cutting out throughout the night, the noise from other patrons made it less noticeable. My date and I were there for a drink before a show downtown. We ordered a glass of white each, then ordered a glass of red after. While our server was attentive between the first and second drinks, we waited 45 minutes after we finished the reds. I made eye contact with the waitress several times as she danced around the other tables, oblivious to our empty glasses. As we had a showtime to catch, I resorted to waving her down. Not the experience I was expecting for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningco111Dined on 10/10/2013We ended up here on the suggestion of Citadel Theater and had a great meal prior to the show. Thanks all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodfoodie123Dined on 9/27/2013This restaurant was not good. The food did not taste good at all and is quite overpriced for what it actually is. Also, it took forever to even be acknowledged and for our drink order to be taken. The server that we originally had was quite rude and luckily another server ended up serving us. I do not believe I would eat here again.
- Lunch dateHungryWolfDined on 9/24/2013The Chef's leftover sandwich was scrumptious and something I can see myself craving in the near future. I love how they use local and very fresh ingredients; it shows in the quality of the food. I've never been disappointed by a meal at this bistro. Their prices are very reasonable and I love the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the service was a little slow especially for the lunch hour. The server was very friendly but didn't really seem to recognize our need to leave in under and hour. From my previous experience, this was unusual. I've always had prompt and attentive service in the past. I'll definitely be back, sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknowledgable serverCarmendinesDined on 9/21/2013Our server gave us the wrong description for the cheese selections. She only checked on our table twice. Also, she brought one small square of bread for 4 people to share. The mussels were over-done. One different server did check on us and was pleasant and knowledgeable however our proper waitress was always missing in action.
- Excellentkmacd11VIPDined on 9/21/2013The new menu was great. Service was also great. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:
- My only complaint was thatRachelleDined on 9/7/2013My only complaint was that when we arrived for our reservation our table was not ready.Special Features:
- Great tapas and wine tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013Had a cheese and meat platter and the 4 of us each had a different selection of wine flights chosen by our waitress and the bartender. Great ambiance. Nice decor with good background music. Music was at perfect level which was great for conversation. Between the food, wine and company it made for a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Just LoverlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013Our server was extremely accommodating and an overall wonderful young woman. I loved the local options for beer and the extensive wine list. I enjoyed having a smaller menu for lunch, and still those options were hard to choose from. Lunch was delicious and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Ambience!KelsDined on 7/17/2013Great for lunch or a vibrant night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Bistroblitzgt3Dined on 7/13/2013Been a few times now, great place for an afternoon snack and wine. Really love the atmosphere, and the service has always been top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LACKLUSTER WaitressThirstyForMoreVIPDined on 7/12/2013Friends - our 2nd try with Moriarty, and with so many better Etown options it will be our last... The waitress was the first, second, and third failure of the dining experience. She simply couldn't care less if we were there or not, and, when considering you plan to spend a couple hours and several hundred dollars in an establishment - this one will leave you wishing you had spent the time and your money somewhere else - with a service team that are dedicated to making your dining experience count. The waitress of this joint is simply in the wrong job. The food, booths, and view do compensate for her service failure, but lets be honest, a smile goes a long long way during a 2 hour dinner. 1 star at best.
- Great for a Night OutFoodluverDined on 6/29/2013A gal pal and I went here for a girls night out. We had wine and food and a great time! Our server was fantastic. She recomended wine and helped us pair up cheese and meats for our charcuterie board. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice decore that addsDisappointingDined on 6/22/2013Really nice decore that adds to the ambience. Lots of great drink options. Many of the menu items are fit to share which is nice when out for a romantic night out. The only let down was our server. She forgot items that we ordered and was a little slow to clear empty plates/ refresh drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKyleDined on 6/21/2013The service, food and atmosphere were outstanding. I will not hesitate to return to Moriarty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!TrevorDined on 6/21/2013I had a great meal at Moriarty's. It's not an extensive menu, but what they offer is very tasty. It's more of a lounge and appetizers location. Nice patio and great service (our server, Nikki, was awesome). I'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fantastic spot for a date nightCellogirlDined on 6/15/2013The food was excellent - cheese & charcuterie plate (pick from a number of choices) was superb, mussels and wine were delicious, drinks and wine paired with the mussels were excellent. Service was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Two thumbs up. Would recommend this one highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealOutandaboutDined on 6/15/2013Before the last ESO concert of the season. My sister and I were impressed with the menu,creative happy hour choices and the drink list. Loved our booth from which to survey the restaurants comings and goings. Best mussels I have had in a while. Our server was lovely and very accommodating. Hope the patio is open next time we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmospherelucky21Dined on 6/8/2013I have to say that it's getting harder to find a restaurant that doesn't ponder to families. To go out and have some drinks and food in an adult atmosphere was great. Really appeals to the age 30-50 crowd. The restaurant offers modern decor with open booths for smaller groups and tables and chairs for larger groups. Extensive wine menu as well as some unique choices in beers. Really recommend the cheese and charcuterie platters. Service was a little slow, but I honestly feel that the vibe is meant to be relaxed and not rushed. A great place to take some close friends for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicefoodgirlDined on 6/6/2013Need to hire more wait staff, only one waitress for the entire patio is not enough to provide the level of service to properly showcase the restaurant and its food. But then again, I have also eaten here when it has not been busy and then had really poor service - not sure I will be back.
- Food was good, service was notKellyKDined on 6/1/2013Our dinner at Moriarty's was somewhat disappointing. Despite the fact that the place was far from full, the service was not good at all. Our server barely checked on us, and took our order in a manner I would expect from a fast food chain. She had zero flair, didn't check on us or ask how our meals were. Also, there were two mosquitoes flattened on the wall by our table which was gross. Finally, the music was at a nice level when we started our dinner, but for some reason they really turned it up partway through, which quickly became annoying. I like supporting local businesses and the food was really good - the place has promise so it's unfortuate that they don't GET it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehinanutshellDined on 6/1/2013Service was horrible, took over 20mins to get water, never mind an alcoholic beverage. Food came out quite quickly, but the food poritons and quality weren't very good for how much they were. Will not be back anytime soon...
- AwfulGenebeanDined on 5/31/2013Went with a friend after work for drinks on the patio which was half full, but told that it was full. Server inside didn't want to serve us... he was too tired so he moved us to the patio (where we wanted to be in the first place). Ordered the charcuterie plate and one of the cheese wedges came out mouldy. Dessert was a chocolate creme brulee which was actually just chocolate pudding with a crust.
- An excellent evening out --OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013An excellent evening out -- our server was attentive and courteous, the food was really good (great selection of cheeses!), and the atmosphere was fabulous. Thank you for the wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent variety of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Excellent variety of food and we liked the small plates to share. I've dined here several times and have always had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2013Our experience was fanstic. The service was truly great and our server went above and beyond to accomodate my needs. The charcuterie selection was lovely and the crab cakes were much larger than I anticipated. I was concerned about the service based on the reviews but this was not at all the case. Our server was attentive and offered great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.