Morgan's Restaurant - Sheraton Grand Sacramento
1230 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Morgan's Restaurant - Sheraton Grand Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgans-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9163414100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am – 10:30am Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am – 11:00am Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 1:30pm Saturday: 11:30am – 1:30pm Sunday: (ala carte Brunch) 11:30am – 1:30pm Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm Sunday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Russell Michel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer extensive catering services at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel from small special occasions to large social or corporate events. We can accommodate almost any request from large set dinner menus to banquet menus with gourmet options, delicious snacks and finger foods. Whatever you need our catering team always goes beyond our guests expectations to create an unforgettable celebration. For more information please contact our catering team. View our menus online. Visit http://grandsacramento.sheratonemenus.com/index.asp
- Private Party Facilities: Our Sheraton Grand Sacramento hotel offers a private dining rooms that can accommodate 30-700 guests. Private Rooms are available for business functions, celebrations, presentations, and meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Sales/Catering Office (916)341-4011
- Entertainment: Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 5pm - 8pm live music in our Public Market Bar. Since our restaurant is in our Public Market Building the music soars throughout the lobby and you can enjoy the beautiful music as you dine.
- Special Events: Live music every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Visit our web page for special offers and events to include holiday buffets or overnight packages.
- Cross Street: 13th street
- Public Transit: Light rail is 3 blocks from the Sheraton Grand. You can take a beautiful stroll down K street just before you dine or to walk off the fabulous meal.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is offered complimentary, just pull up to the entrance of the Sheraton Grand and we'll take it from there. Self parking is offered complimentary for up to 2 hours in the hotel garage, (entrance on 13th between I & J Streets).
A word from Morgan's Restaurant - Sheraton Grand Sacramento
With Julia Morgan’s architecturally designed open atrium environment in the historic Public Market Building, Morgan's offers a comfortable setting for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the morning, we feature your choice of a full breakfast buffet, continental breakfast, or select from our specialty items; Crab Cake Benedict, Yogurt Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Grand Marnier Compote, Huevos Rancheros, or the Healthy Alternative Omelet. Morgan’s is known as a preferred destination for lunch where we feature “California fresh cuisine” using seasonal menus with the freshest ingredients unleashing the best flavors from our local farms. Favorites are the Dungeness Crab Salad, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Morgan’s Specialty Burger, Asian Chicken Salad, and the Salmon Burger. In the evening, the sunset beams through the numerous windows and creates the perfect setting for a wonderful early dinner. By night fall, the dining room sparkles with candlelight, creating a elegant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morgan's Restaurant - Sheraton Grand Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
- The restaurant was quiet onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012The restaurant was quiet on our night there and the staff was extremely helpful. Appetizers were outanding and the beef was excellent.Special Features:
- We celebrated our anniversaryCinaVIPDined on 10/8/2012We celebrated our anniversary and ordered the three courses for $33--excellent choice. Both the Caesar salad and tomato bisque soup were very good, as well as our halibut entrees and lemon raspberry tarts. We would return.Special Features:
- I visited Sacramento to attendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012I visited Sacramento to attend the American Medical Writer's Association conference. I stayed in the Sacramento Grand Hotel for 2 nights. I ate at Morgan's as a party of one. After I was seated, I waited 10 minutes and was not attended to. I ended up asking the hostess who seated me if I could go ahead and eat at the buffet since no one had taken my drink order. She apologized and said OK. I had not intended to eat from the buffet, but because no one had come by, it was the quickest option. The food was decent. After another few minutes, someone took my drink order, and then came by only once more to check on me. I was there almost an hour. I know it was a busy time, but I did not like the service. I was overlooked.
- Sacramento's Best SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2012Deciding to stay in the comfort and safety of the Sheraton Grand as downtown Sacramento can become quite sketchy after dark, I thought the food would be ordinary at best, but Morgan's completely blew me out of the water. The food was so delicious, (I had the tomato soup, halibut, and lemon raspberry tart), you could taste the freshness in the ingredients. Morgan's also prepares the food for room service. How wonderful! My server Rob was fantastic.Special Features:
- I have been to this venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012I have been to this venue three times now, and each time the excellent food has been out-shined only by the impeccable service. I will continue to revisit Morgan's, and often.Special Features:
- Great ImprovementsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2012We have dined at Morgan's many times, but our previous visit to Morgan's left a lot to be desired. Food was not properly prepared and the service was horrible. This visit was the exact opposite. Food was very good and waiter was excellent. Compliments to the current management. They have done wonders to change our minds about returning sooner.
- Limited menu- need to improveJamieCVIPDined on 8/30/2012Limited menu- need to improve the look of the seating area.Special Features:
- My sister and I ate at Morgan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012My sister and I ate at Morgan's before a Music Circus matinee in July. We had wonderful service (only two tables were full though) and superb entrees. Delicous sourdough bread and salmon salad/burger. I was fully expecting a repeat performance for dinner. I took my family there before the show, 6 pm reservation. After we were seated and served beverages, the service was inexcusably poor and slow. It took forever to get our entrees and they were ok, not great. I was also disappointed by the limited number of menu choices. Basically, the dinner experience soured me and I wouldn't return to Morgan's. Good to know for next year's Music Circus season.Special Features:
- A sorry Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2012The place was empty ( We were the only customers for a Sunday lunch). The Cobb salad I had was nothing more than a mixed salad with a mediocre blue cheese dressing. My Sebastiani Chardonnay was bitter and I left it. My wife's pinot grigio was much better. Her steak salad had the same mixed salad with steak added that I had. Very ordinary. All of this came with buns that were quite good and a selection of herb butter, tapanade and sweet butter that was well presented and up to the standard. The bill was nearly $60. Not much of a value. The service was excellent.
- Excellent food - give it a try!GeogSharkDined on 8/22/2012This was our first visit to Morgan's and based on our experience we'll definitely go back. The food was superb from start to finish. We opted for the "3 courses for $33" summer special. We both had the caesar salad (impressed to see it topped with a whole headless anchovy), the pork tenderloin medallions with a nectarine sauce atop roman gnocchi (plated with green beans, watercress, and a stone fruit chutney) -- this was fantastic!, and we ended with the creme brulee and shortbread cookie. It was perfectly executed. Our wait person seemed a bit new as she was unable to answer several of our questions but she was very nice, efficient, and immediately went to find out answers for us.Special Features:
- surprised by the excellentOuiniVIPDined on 8/17/2012surprised by the excellent meal...setting cold be better but food made up for the lack of ambianceSpecial Features:
- When on Sunday, thought IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2012When on Sunday, thought I was going for Brunch, but was only allowed to eat from a limited breakfast menu. Menu in lobby suggested many items that were not available at 11:30. What I ordered was OK, but I had invited friends based on what I read on the website, and was embarassed by our choices.
- A great romantic dinner!eatabunchDined on 7/30/2012Awesome menu, 3 for $33, great selection of entrees. Everything about this dinner was excellent. The chef even stopped by our table to ask how if everything was okay. That is a nice touch! Server, Nate, was excellent as was the bus person. Definitely will return as this was my 6th time dining here at Morgan's.Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2012This is a neighborhood GEM! Chef Russel has designed an outstanding menu and flavors. The farm to table, organic menu is extremely attractive to me. I live in Orange County and so appreciate these efforts to a healthy-organic menu which are lacking in my area. And always on business in Sacramento, I truely look forward to dining at Morgans.Special Features:
- Upscale dining in large, openRickVIPDined on 7/4/2012Upscale dining in large, open restaurant within Sheraton in downtown Sacramento. Menu with choices for all palates, wine list to complement. Food well prepared, nice portion size, very tasty. Great service, attentive and accommodating, interested in your having an enjoyable dining experience, mission accomplished. Validated parking a plus.Special Features:
- Limited menu, deliciously preparedJDiverVIPDined on 6/30/2012Though this is a quirky hotel restaurant with a hangar-like ceiling (to remind one of the old market here decades ago?) and an atrium giving on to the lobby and event room floors (it can get noisy here), and offers a somewhat slim menu and some decent wines by the glass only, the food is innovative and very well prepared - and if you are a SPG member you can earn Starwood points too.Special Features:
- Hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/26/2012The food was exquisite! Great selection of entrees! Fantastic service!Special Features:
- Excellence in a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2012The service was excellent from the reservation to the food service. The food was great. Not only was the variety excellent, but the quality too. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- What a delightful place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2012What a delightful place! The attrium in the former Sacramento Public Market combined history with ambiance. The asparagus soup, scallops on crab rissoto and carmel, chocolate cheesecake were excellent. Our server, Bethamy, was helpful and attentive. We came down from the Foothills to see Wicked and had a thoroughly great and memorable evening.Special Features:
- Excellent value and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012The food was wonderful and we have already told our friends about it. We had the seared jumbo sea scallops and dungeness crab risotto that was on the wine and dine week menu and would order it again as it was fantastic. The food is not as casual as the decor.Special Features:
- We were a group of nine andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2012We were a group of nine and ordered from the Wine and Dine menu. We had a 3-course dinner and wine pairing with each course. We had a great experience. We thought the food and the wine pairings were excellent. We had such a positive experience we plan to return.Special Features:
- Location, Location, Location!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Wonderful location for events at the Civic Center or Community Theater. Reasonable,good menu nicely prepared food. Open loft design somewhat cold rather than inviting, but not a deal killer. Enjoyed it.Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly surprisedhappydinerDined on 5/27/2012We were very pleasantly surprised with our experience at Morgan's. The food choices were varied and prepared with seasonal vegetables and fruits. I had the asparagus and leek soup, which is vegetarian, and it was very good. My companion had the vegetable risotto which had peas, mushrooms and carrots and is also prepared with vegetable stock, which is nice, since I eat vegetarian I could have a taste. The chef stopped by the table to explain his choices and how things are prepared. I can gladly recommend this restaurant and it is nice to be able to dine in a "foodie" restaurant on a Sunday afternoon before a matinee. Most of the notable restaurants are closed on Sunday afternoons.Special Features:
- The industrial cafeteria lookOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2012The industrial cafeteria look made us a little skeptical at first but the service was excellent and the food outstanding. A little more intimacy in the setting would improve the overall impression.
- Very large portions, but pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012Very large portions, but priced well. I would have preferred a lighter meal and room for dessert. Beautiful setting, but very noisy if there is a convention present - noise carries throughout the atrium. Service okay but minimal considering there was only one other party in the restaurant.Special Features:
- A more than adequate hotelPasadenafoodie1VIPDined on 5/16/2012A more than adequate hotel restaurant. What more can I say? But I'd happily return there again for a fast, tasty (if not "fancy") meal, with very attentive and sincere service!
- We had lunch prior to goingSacramento7Dined on 4/22/2012We had lunch prior to going to a play. Restaurant was understaffed and disorganized even though we had a reservation and there were ample empty tables.
- very relaxed and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012very relaxed and comfortable environment the "3 for $33" is a great dealSpecial Features:
- It just seems like they can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2012It just seems like they can't quite get over the hump. I think the space is one problem. It is so large and open and my wife said the kitchen service area looks like a Denny's. The food was good and our waiter was very attentive, but that's probably because there were only about 10 people in the entire place on a Friday night that could probably seat 100.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Very goodKeithredDined on 4/20/2012Excellent service. Very good scallops, but only two.Special Features:
- Perfect LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012It is the perfect place to have a leisurely lunch before attending the matinee for the Broadway Series in Sacramento. The theater is right across the street. We go to Morgan's every time we go to the theater for the musicals. The food is great, the service is outstanding, and the location is wonderful.Special Features:
- This place was a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2012This place was a pleasant surprise.... The food was great. the service was solid... I had a great burger and the fried calamari was cooked perfectly. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Chef Russell Michel was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2012Chef Russell Michel was very personable and spent time talking to us about the new spring menu. We had a party of 6 and all enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable Great food.RestaurantRomerVIPDined on 4/11/2012Very enjoyable Great food. Nice place for a group dinner after conference.Special Features:
- went for easter brunch hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012went for easter brunch had a resv.for 6 and when we got there there was no brunch and we were told to go accross the street.on your web suite the was a brunch times listed at morgans.
- Good food, no Easter Buffet brunchMoMoDined on 4/8/2012Was a bit disappointed there was no Easter Buffet brunch this year as they have had in year's past and probably wouldn't come back for a holiday brunch without the buffet which is always really nice. That said, the food is still good and the place is large and kid friendly.Special Features:
- We came to celebrate my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012We came to celebrate my birthday and I had an amazing experience. Our food was delicious, I had the lobster risotto with seared scallops which were mouth watering!Special Features:
- I was staying in the hotelKateVIPDined on 4/2/2012I was staying in the hotel and exhausted so I ate here. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. I had better meals for less money at other places in Sacramento.
- The food was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012The food was amazing. The calamari was very light, tender and flavorful. The crab cake was full of fresh crab; no filler here. We also had the grilled cheese sandwich--definitely not your mama's grilled cheese. It had proscuitto, gouda cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil-- it was so good. The entire meal was wonderful. The only negative is the ambiance. The room is wide open and sterile. There is a row of banquets and a row of square tables. No plants or anything to soften the room. I will go back for the food, but not the atmosphere.Special Features:
- We couldn't decide betweenLindaLouDined on 3/16/2012We couldn't decide between a couple of entrees. The one that our waiter recommended was EXCELLENT. The short ribs were very tasty and tender.Special Features: