Morgan's on Nicollet
14201 Nicollet Ave S.
Burnsville, MN 55337Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morgan's on Nicollet
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nicolletinn.com/morgans
- Phone: 9524351855
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Tom Toohey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our catering department for any of you off-site catering needs. Catering Department / email@example.com 952-646-3609
- Private Party Facilities: Capacity: Our Claiborne Ballroom is 3,186 square feet. We can accommodate 225 people on rounds of eight and 300 people on banquet style tables. We also have 2 Private rooms that are ideal for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Barb Spencer 9526463609
A word from Morgan's on Nicollet
Morgan's on Nicollet–New World Tavern, located in the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nicollet Inn, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Morgan's is mostly American cuisine but with touches of the old world pub classics like our famous Shepard's Pie, as well as new world flavors, like the Jameson Pork Chop. Morgan's strives to give exceptional service in a "feeling of family" atmosphere where you can bring the family or business colleagues. Start your day off with the Biggest Cakes in Burnsville, or our New World Skillet. Enjoy our free Wi-Fi. Stop in for our express lunch, where we can get you in and out fast, and try our Stuffed Rueben Burger, or Fig & Turkey Pastrami Salad. After work we offer a fantastic Happy Hour where you can meet your neighbors, co-workers or someone special. Then, stay for dinner and experience our Steak Oscar or Smoke Gouda Meatloaf. Lastly, we can cater to local businesses that can't leave the office during lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morgan's on Nicollet reviews from OpenTable diners
- Service Okay, food deliciousAnnieRoser27VIPDined on 2/8/2014We needed a Saturday night meal for 5 adults, one 2 year old and one infant. I was able to easily get a reservation through OpenTable, but when we showed up, our table wasn't ready and our reservation hadn't been written in their reservation book? Seemed like a pretty archaic method of keeping track. Waitress was less than friendly, especially when we needed accommodations for the kids - however, a manager quickly stepped in and was very helpful. Same waitress was not very attentive later on, but seemed like she was just having a bad night.Special Features:
- Great food, great service, hard toMorgansDined on 1/29/2014I took my wife to Morgan's for her birthday and it was extememly enjoyable. The only complaint I have is the restaurant name is not on the outside of the building. It is located in a Best Westerh Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was skeptical for a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2014Was skeptical for a hotel restaurant as some are mediocre at best. This one is rather good. It was a slow Friday night. The food was good, and the service was very good. Since is was slow the noise was minimal. The layout is a bit odd with parts of the serving area off to the side, but all-in-all, a good experience.
- Very niceSuburbanGalDined on 12/29/2013My family ate at Morgan's for a Sunday brunch. The food was delicious, and the waitress was friendly and attentive. Definitely plan to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best kept secretbigfatpigDined on 12/27/2013Our group ended up going here because so many other restaurants were booked. I'm glad that they were. This ended up being a great dining experience. They have a nice menu selection including a kids menu. The big surprise was the fried chicken and waffles. Major Yum on that one. They also had a healthy selection too. I tried the grilled chicken salad with brie. It was so good! Everyone was able to order something they liked and they all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buddy's momOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013A nice surprise, good food,good service and priced reasonably.Special Features:
- Poor service - good musicNancyetcVIPDined on 12/6/2013True to form, the service was horrible. Food was okay. But, the music was very good.
- The food has always been very good.luv2eatVIPDined on 11/22/2013Every time we've been to Morgan's, the food and service have been very good. We especially like the Prime rib and the Jamison glazed pork chop. We've tried other things too, but these are the favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but know what to expectRealisticVIPDined on 10/12/2013Morgan's claims to be a gastropub but there is nothing new or even niche in their menu. While I enjoyed my chicken and waffles, they were not as described missing the maple butter and having dark meat rather than a chicken Breast. Their salads are very generous though a bit heavy handed and their bread well made The best part of the experience was they were very quiet For what they are they are a bit over priced but just a little. All in all I would consider going back.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2013We were a group of 8. No one else in the restaurant except a couple people at the bar. The bartender got 2 drinks wrong, but was good about correcting them. Waitress was probably new, and did the best she could. Food was very good...no complaints. Hopefully, this place will get busier, and do well. The menu was varied, and all 8 of us were able to find items we really enjoyed.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed it. My friendBlizz3rdboiDined on 8/16/2013I really enjoyed it. My friend Laura loved it and it might become our new hangout spot. The food, service and pricing was very good. I would definitely recommend it to friends who hang out in groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Porter Creek InsteadCBoxDined on 8/9/2013Even the restaurant manager recommended the other restaurant! We specifically selected this restaurant because we wanted to try someplace new, and we wanted patio seating on a gorgeous August evening. When we got there, they told us they couldn't serve us food on the patio because they lacked a "wall", somehow meaning they didn't have a $20,000 permit (manager's number) to serve food on the patio and weren't about to get one. They offered to "bend" the rules by serving our food to go- complete in styrofoam containers- so we could dine outdoors. Um, no thank you! So despite the classy atmosphere and okay food, we'll be going back to Porter Creek. The place is attached to the Best Western, so expect congestion from hotel and wedding guests.
- Good food, very good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/23/2013Good food, very good service. Went on a Sunday night with 2 other couples and we had an enjoyable time. Will go again.Special Features:
- Service/Food/EntertainmentDonnaDined on 5/10/2013While our party mainly came to see the entertainment, Steve Clarke & the Working Stiffs, we decided to order food. The food was outstanding. We had been out the entire day site seeing as it was my friend's first visit to MN. The server (I wish I remebered her name) was OUTSTANDING!! We were all so parched and we didn't even have to track her down to take care of us - she was on top of it. The loved the atmosphere, and always go out to see Steve Clarke play. I would definitly bring friends there, and I like the face that I can bring my 12 year-old daughter with me, as Steve was her sax teacher and she loves to see him play out - and at many places, she is unable to. We will visit again for all reasons above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013I would say the Morgan's is a safe bet for most people looking for an average dining experience. The server was great, and overall appearance of the restaurant was very nice. Just the food was pretty average. I always think to myself would I have been more satisfied saving the cash and cooking at home? On this occasion I would say yes. But that isn't to say I would not return. Just no time soon.
- We would definitely go backNancyetcVIPDined on 4/19/2013We would definitely go back to listen to the band that was playing that evening: Steve Clarke and the Walking Stiffs. They were excellent. The service was very poor however. We waited an hour for our drinks. Then, they ran out of glasses so martinis and champagne came in water glasses. There were 5 of us and all of our food came out at different times. The burger that was to be medium well was bright red. The food itself tasted okay but nothing special. I am not sure if it was our server, or maybe they weren't expecting such a crowd that night, but I would give them another chance if that band came back to play there.
- This place is out of the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2013This place is out of the way in Burnsville as it is tucked into a Best Western Hotel. We went in there around 11:20 on a Friday for lunch and it was empty. While that is usually a bad sign for a place in terms of service/food we were pleasantly surprised. I had a Reuben and my wife had a burger. Both were quite good and the rest of the menu looked pretty tasty as well. My first impression is that many people don't know this place is there. The prices were affordable, the place looks brand new so it's a good hangout. It has a big bar area as well so if you were just looking for a spot to grab a few drinks and some food I think it would be excellent. Happy hour specials looked good. I'm going to go back.Special Features:
- A satisfied first-time visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013Our visit to Morgan's restaurant for our Easter Brunch gathering was an excellent experience for our group of twenty. We were particularly pleased with our setting and accomodation. The staff and hostess also were very professional in creating a friendly atmosphere making us feel comfortable. The food and buffet setting were deliciously superb.Special Features:
- Poor service won't be backMiadore1Dined on 3/29/2013Very poor serviceEverything is there to have a great restaurantThe food was just okOur waitress was terrible had to go and see if she had gone homeProbably will not returnSadSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013We were so happy to find a nice restaurant in Burnsville, (there aren't many). Love that it isn't a bar scene with lots of noise. Food was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Service was poor. Took foreverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Service was poor. Took forever to receive our beverages. Both my wife and I ordered the fish and chips. Fish was "mushy" on the inside and not very crispy on the outside. Fries (chips) were also soggy. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Visited for the first timeEKPBDined on 3/1/2013Visited for the first time for my Mother's birthday - nothing memorable, good or bad.
- Food was great. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Food was great. Atmosphere was classy but casual. Very reasonably priced. Overall a very pleasant experience. Service was attentive without being obnoxious.Special Features:
- Pork chops were cooked perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2013Pork chops were cooked perfect and very tasty. Staff very accomodating. We will be back.Special Features:
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012went there on New Years Eve no one met us at the door, had to look for the maitre d not enough waitstaff for a NYE night our waitress was good but could have been better (not bad for her first night without training) this was our second visit not near as good as our first visit
- Very nice for special occassions!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012This was my first time to Morgan's. The service was excellent and the wait staff on 12/26/12 was accomodating to kids. The wait staff they did wonderful with our group of 9 people for my niece's engagement party. They had a good happy hour until 6:00 p.m. and the prices were very reasonable with good quality food. The decor of the restaurant was very nice and just my style. Thank you, Morgans on Nichollet for making this special occasion memorable.Special Features:
- First visit looks like a glorifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012First visit looks like a glorified lobby waitstaff was friendly food was good going back for NYE
- This was our party's firstHappyCoupleDined on 12/1/2012This was our party's first time to Morgan's. Overall we enjoyed the evening very much. The food was good, the atmosphere was nice. Unfortunately, there was also a private party using most of the restaurant (with live entertainment) so at times it was hard to hold a conversation over their muscians and an MC with a microphone. I know private parties don't happen all the time, so we will probably give Morgan's another try.
- We go to Morgan's quite oftenluv2eatVIPDined on 11/23/2012We go to Morgan's quite often and are never disappointed! The food is wonderful and the service is usually very good - especially Julia!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2012This was the first time we had eaten at this restaurant. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and the waitress was perhaps the friendliest waitress we have ever had at any restaurant. You should give this place a try.Special Features:
- Nice hotel restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Nice hotel restaurant. Food well prepared and not pretentious. Kid friendly without being cloying. Staff attentive but not intrusive. Will eat there again when next in the area.Special Features:
- This was our second visitUnimpressedDined on 9/22/2012This was our second visit to Morgan's. Our first visit was great. The service was good, the food was very good - overall very positive. This visit we were a little disappointed. The first table we were seated at bumped right up to the door to the kitchen (and there were plenty of empty booths). We immediately asked to be moved - that was no problem. Appetizers came quickly - so did salads. Dinner took a bit longer than expected. I ordered the braised chicken (which I had previously) and was very disappointed. Not only was it dry (VERY odd for braised food) but it was very lackluster in flavor. My dinner companions felt their food was "fine" or "ok". The meatload had the best review.
- Did not stayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012We did not actually eat there. We had a reservation but did not realize this was the old steakhouse at the hotel in burnsville. When we walked in, it still looked and smelled like a hotel restaurant. Since I eat in a lot of hotel restaurants as a frequent business travelor, this was definitely not what I was looking for on my weekend at home. It may be tough to overcome the location.
- We had a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2012We had a good experience, it wasn't perfect, but our waitress handled things very well for us. It was labor day weekend and the place was empty. I hope they get more traffic regularly because I would go back and don't want them to fail. But not too much that I have to wait too long for a table. :-) You would never run into the place, you have to know it's at the Best Western, so watch for it.
- It seems this is still anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012It seems this is still an unknown restaurant to the general public. The wait staff commented that they still had very few customers even though they had been open for over a year. The food was well prepared and nicely seasoned. I had the lobster ravioli in a taragon butter sauce and my spouse had the steak oscar, I would either entre again. Service was prompt and friendly. The orders were delivered in a relatively short time. The place was a little noisy, but may be okay for most people.Special Features:
- Remarkably good food for aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2012Remarkably good food for a restaurant inside a hotel...would go back!Special Features:
- Food was very good. PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2012Food was very good. Portions were good on the entrees, but the dessert portions are quite small for the price paid.
- Were there on a Thursday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2012Were there on a Thursday evening and there were only a few customers. The service was excellent. The crab cakes with tomato coulis were excellent. Recommend the pan fried walleye with pretzel crust. The American dip sandwich and buffalo chicken wrap were also good.Special Features:
- Morgan's is the unadvertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Morgan's is the unadvertised gem most Burnsville residents don't realize exists. We had a 5:45 reservation and were able to get in on the tail end of happy hour. We ordered a shrimp coctail, potato skins and spinach dip. The shrimp came out on skewers and tasted nice and fresh. The skins were crisp and didn't have a reheated flavor of some skins. The spinach dip came with pita chips and french bread. Bit was hot and bubbly. Our starter salads were a very generous size and well presented. A seafood chowder that was ordered was called one of the best ever eaten; full of seafood and flavor. The main meal kept on pace with the rest of the meal. This is an awesome restaurant.Special Features: