Morgans Fish House
22 Elm Place
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Morgans Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgansfishhouse.net/
- Phone: 9149218190
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: from 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch 11:30 - 3:30: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5;00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Sullo 9149218190
- Special Events: Planning a party? Our private dining room seats up to fifty people. It boasts a view of our bamboo garden, and a glass wall showcasing our wine cellar. If your party is larger than fifty people, we can arrange for you to have the main dining room.
A word from Morgans Fish House
Morgans Fish House is a casually upscale restaurant in a contemporary space that is warm & sophisticated. The newly transformed bar is a great place to meet for a drink or have a bite to eat, & the spacious dining room is comfortable & inviting. Our Chef will be preparing the freshest seafood in a classic style as well as a style that is all his own. For those who are not seafood lovers don't worry, there’s more. How about a delicious Filet Mignon, expertly prepared by our chef or Herb Roasted Chicken with magnificent Rosemary Garlic Pan Sauce. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat during the week, or you are just in the mood for something lighter, the chef has prepared an entire section on the menu devoted to just that. Enjoy the chopped salad, Ahi Tuna Wrap or Maine lobster roll, just to name a few.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morgans Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (19)special occasion (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 10/18/2014Very good meal. Front dining area rather noisy . I sat near the kitchen much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!DiningFineDined on 10/18/2014Morgan's is a great seafood restaurant - they always have a great selection of oysters and fresh fish. Service is good and it is kid friendly. It is very reliable so a good place to take out of town guests or even for business meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodAmoureuxdelatableVIPDined on 10/18/2014Bistrot/dinner type Ambiance and service could be improved, but the food was really excellent and the portions generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty fishStraightupVIPDined on 10/14/2014There's more than fish at this casual spot but that is what they do most. They are willing to accommodate your requests and substitutions. Worth a ride if you want fishI would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezmoonDined on 10/10/2014Service was very attentive & food was great. Many choices with a different flavor.Special Features:
- Good Seafood in WestchesterTet4yukiDined on 10/4/2014I have guests from oversea, Morgans Fish House served their request greatly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- curiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/3/2014Worst seafood meal I 've ever eaten. Shame because it is a lovely space. We ordered 3 courses and except for the soup, all was served cold, tasteless and overcooked as well. Complete shipwreck!
- Great for allcus2121VIPDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful menu for all to enjoy you can eat small or big, fish or not. FabulousSpecial Features:
- Overcooked FishSeafoodloverDined on 9/23/2014Our waiter was wonderful, however, the herb crusted sole and swordfish special were both very overcooked and lacked seasoning.
- AlanDined on 9/13/2014We waited 20 minutes to be seated even with our reservation and then it took an HOUR and a HALF to get our food. That is not acceptable for any restaurant no matter how good the food is. Which, when out food finally came it out, it was delicious but definitely not worth the wait. Our waiter kept apologizing but the restaurant really needs to fix this issue. I will not go back anytime soon.
- Anniversary dinnerLisaDined on 9/13/2014The food was good. The service was good as well. We were in and out within 1 1/4 hours and felt slightly rushed. It was pretty noisy. Probably would return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonkMonkVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great seafood; very friendly service. If you need quiet surroundings, go early, as things are really bustling after 8:00 p.m.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious food, wonderful staff!!TruFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Morgan's is a true neighborhood gem. The service and food are truly outstanding. Highly recommend the booths for a cozy feel, and the seafood fettuccini is best in class! The grilled fish, tuna tartar, and raw bar are also great choices. Morgan's and Ruby's Bistro are owned by the same management; the best eateries in a Rye. Warm, friendly and clean home cooking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chezdavidDined on 9/6/2014Always great food prepared expertly. Not a big fan of the spicy blackened seafood however, but that's just my wife. The absolutely best Coconut CakeSpecial Features:
- Lobster LoversRatatouilleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Stuffing in stuffed lobster on Blue Plate Special is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great-Service rushedfoodrushedDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. Although our server was nice she came to our table too many times to ask how is everything. I really felt she rushed our meal and that was disappointing. She did put a candle on our dessert for my birthday. Next time I would order our appetizer first and not main meal just to slow things down. It wasn't super busy so I don't know why it was rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morgan's Fish HouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/27/2014You can always depend on Morgan's Fish House having fresh fish. The menu is varied. The service is always attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is varied. It's always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food was superb. Oysters were excellent very very fresh. Steak was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningPokeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Portions were uneven, by that I mean that some of the appetizers were hugh and some a nice size (Not real large). My husband had one that was so large that he could hardly eat his main course. He was full, before he began. Ordered cocktails that took forever to arrive. Other wise food was good. Oysters are always delicious at Morgans and i had wonderful salmon. Will return, but will be careful to ask about size of portions.Special Features:
- Poor service, mediocre foodFoodScotDined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner for 2 as we had no kids for the night. My main course a bit salty. My wives steak was not brought to the table till my main course had been on the table at least ten mins. She asked for medium and it came rare. On the flip side they did not charge for the wine as food was late and then did not charge for the steak as it was wrong. Disappointing.Special Features:
- if you open a dictionary ...MooseVIPDined on 8/21/2014... and look up "ordinary" you will see a picture of morgan's food. the caesar salad is no better than one you'd find at an appleby's. oysters on the half shell tasted a bit off and weren't well-shucked. the cod special, grilled salmon and tuna were over cooked and under seasoned. fried calamari were the only thing worthy of a "good" rating. service was friendly, competent and responsive. if you're looking for something special, go elsewhere.
- Seafood loverLocalfrancophileDined on 8/19/2014Very upbeat and fresh dining experience. This is a great spot for a family gathering with millenials or a quiet dinner with the other half.Special Features:
- Consistently good.YorktownerDined on 8/17/2014Morgan's is a never fail, go-to place. The specials are always good but the classics are the home base. You can't miss with a creamy lobster roll in the summer. But everything my group ordered was great. They are friendly, with good service. If you want to watch the kitchen team work, get a seat by the kitchen (it's a little noisy but fun for kids to watch).Special Features:
- Terrific FishkristinDined on 8/9/2014Scallops, Seared Ahi Tuna Sandwich, pistachio crusted salmon.... all DELICIOUS. Fish and chips a little disappointing as too bready, not enough fish for a fish place. Overall GREAT meal though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done rightsstsDined on 8/7/2014Could eat there every day! The food was awesome! Wine pour generous and good selection by the glass. Staff very attentive and friendly despite being busy. Justin the manager is super friendly and our waitress was lovely! Great atmosphere - clean and fresh decor and not a bad seat in the house. They know how to do seafood right and definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- DisappointingHungry2Dined on 8/4/2014I have been to Morgans often. This time the food was subpar for our three. One entree was greasy, another had toouch mayo and the third was under seasoned. The appetizer was good but the dipping sauce was poor. Dessert could have been better. Just because it was a Monday should not mean a substitute chef who doesn't care. Service was excellent but too attentive- we felt rushed and our candle was taken away!!! Really now?!?! I think I'll be going elsewhere for my fish
- very dissapointedlovetoeat601VIPDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten there before food was good. This time one of the worst meals ever. Only ones in the dining room so no excuses for the chef. Crab spinach dip like soup, no crab, pita chips burnt like hockey pucks. Seafood risotto, all the fish horribly over cooked even though rice was cooked correctly. For a restaurant specializing in seafood terribly disappointing. It was like we were served yesterdays leftovers.
- Tuesdays at MorgansAndrewDined on 7/29/2014Can't beat $1 oysters and half price margaritas on a hot summer night. Also worth mentioning that the Tuna Tartare is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent , as usualJeffDined on 7/26/2014Casual or fancy. Quick or unrushed, apps or full meal. A great time will be had by all. Very good food, nice people, great bar. Try it, you will like it. Be sure to have the mussels and the corn bread.Special Features:
- WeezmoonDined on 7/25/2014Fresh ingredients. Excellent preparation. Great selection for light or full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutFoodSwamiDined on 7/19/2014As always the food was great at Morgan's and everyone had a relaxing evening. There were seven of us for dinner and in the group we had salmon, gumbo, lobster mac n cheese, blackened swordfish and the pasta with shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. First time I had the gumbo and looking forward to have it again. The lobster mac n cheese was a big hit too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good fresh fishsrfoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014A very good fish restaurant providing a varied menu and, in addition, the ability to order any fish of the day prepared any way you'd like it. The wait staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We were seated, by choice, near the open kitchen and unfortunately the kitchen staff didn't stop clanging pots and pans (some kind of a game?) for most of the time we were eating. Hopefully this doesn't go on all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding local seafood spothappyfishloverDined on 7/14/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit to Morgan's and we are planning to make it a regular stop. The staff is friendly but not intrusive, the ambience is informal and family-friendly, and the superior-quality seafood (as well as other choices) is cooked perfectly and with creative vegetable sides. Good experience--as with this organizations other restaurants.Special Features:
- Great seafoodmeftabDined on 7/13/2014Great seafood, large selection. Dinner or brunch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- WestchesterVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love Richard! He is the best server & is one of main reasons we keep coming back!
- WestchesterVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love Richard ---best service professional ever!!! He is able to anticipate & is very knowledgeable about the entire process
- Nothing specialGaryKDined on 7/10/2014We were somewhat disappointed with the seafood at this Rye restaurant. It is difficult to find a great seafood restaurant in mid to upper Westchester and Morgan's was no exception. The boiled lobster was good, the shrimp and crab gumbo was tasty, though there was very little crab, but the halibut was just OK. It was a decent meal, but we wouldn't travel out of our way to come back.
- Wonderful SurprisewannabefoodieDined on 7/9/2014I was traveling in Rye on business and after finding Morgan's on OpenTable, decided to give it a try, despite the hotel clerk's unfamiliarity with the restaurant. What a delightful meal I had! The crab cakes were filled with large chunks of fresh crab, alongside a fresh homemade grilled corn relish and a remarkably delicious tarter dip (I typically don't even like tarter sauce!) My halibut was flaky and fresh, served on top of a medley of spinach, fingerling potatoes, and tomatoes. Lastly, I tried out their blueberry crisp, which was quite good. Not sure if the crisp was worth the calories, but the rest of the meal surely was. In short, I will go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Great food, good service, great value Always get a good meal at Morgan's Fish House. My entire family enjoys this restaurant. We are all fish eaters and the fish is just simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Waiter was terrible. Brought the wrong dish and when I got the right one it was not worth the wait. Would not go back.
- The following 767 reviews are from the Morgans Fish House reviews archive.