Morgans Fish House
22 Elm Place
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Morgans Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgansfishhouse.net/
- Phone: 9149218190
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: from 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch 11:30 - 3:30: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5;00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Sullo 9149218190
- Special Events: Planning a party? Our private dining room seats up to fifty people. It boasts a view of our bamboo garden, and a glass wall showcasing our wine cellar. If your party is larger than fifty people, we can arrange for you to have the main dining room.
A word from Morgans Fish House
Morgans Fish House is a casually upscale restaurant in a contemporary space that is warm & sophisticated. The newly transformed bar is a great place to meet for a drink or have a bite to eat, & the spacious dining room is comfortable & inviting. Our Chef will be preparing the freshest seafood in a classic style as well as a style that is all his own. For those who are not seafood lovers don't worry, there’s more. How about a delicious Filet Mignon, expertly prepared by our chef or Herb Roasted Chicken with magnificent Rosemary Garlic Pan Sauce. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat during the week, or you are just in the mood for something lighter, the chef has prepared an entire section on the menu devoted to just that. Enjoy the chopped salad, Ahi Tuna Wrap or Maine lobster roll, just to name a few.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morgans Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food great-Service rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great. Although our server was nice she came to our table too many times to ask how is everything. I really felt she rushed our meal and that was disappointing. She did put a candle on our dessert for my birthday. Next time I would order our appetizer first and not main meal just to slow things down. It wasn't super busy so I don't know why it was rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morgan's Fish HouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/27/2014You can always depend on Morgan's Fish House having fresh fish. The menu is varied. The service is always attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is varied. It's always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food was superb. Oysters were excellent very very fresh. Steak was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningPokeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Portions were uneven, by that I mean that some of the appetizers were hugh and some a nice size (Not real large). My husband had one that was so large that he could hardly eat his main course. He was full, before he began. Ordered cocktails that took forever to arrive. Other wise food was good. Oysters are always delicious at Morgans and i had wonderful salmon. Will return, but will be careful to ask about size of portions.Special Features:
- Poor service, mediocre foodFoodScotDined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner for 2 as we had no kids for the night. My main course a bit salty. My wives steak was not brought to the table till my main course had been on the table at least ten mins. She asked for medium and it came rare. On the flip side they did not charge for the wine as food was late and then did not charge for the steak as it was wrong. Disappointing.Special Features:
- if you open a dictionary ...MooseVIPDined on 8/21/2014... and look up "ordinary" you will see a picture of morgan's food. the caesar salad is no better than one you'd find at an appleby's. oysters on the half shell tasted a bit off and weren't well-shucked. the cod special, grilled salmon and tuna were over cooked and under seasoned. fried calamari were the only thing worthy of a "good" rating. service was friendly, competent and responsive. if you're looking for something special, go elsewhere.
- Seafood loverLocalfrancophileDined on 8/19/2014Very upbeat and fresh dining experience. This is a great spot for a family gathering with millenials or a quiet dinner with the other half.Special Features:
- Consistently good.YorktownerDined on 8/17/2014Morgan's is a never fail, go-to place. The specials are always good but the classics are the home base. You can't miss with a creamy lobster roll in the summer. But everything my group ordered was great. They are friendly, with good service. If you want to watch the kitchen team work, get a seat by the kitchen (it's a little noisy but fun for kids to watch).Special Features:
- Terrific FishkristinDined on 8/9/2014Scallops, Seared Ahi Tuna Sandwich, pistachio crusted salmon.... all DELICIOUS. Fish and chips a little disappointing as too bready, not enough fish for a fish place. Overall GREAT meal though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done rightsstsDined on 8/7/2014Could eat there every day! The food was awesome! Wine pour generous and good selection by the glass. Staff very attentive and friendly despite being busy. Justin the manager is super friendly and our waitress was lovely! Great atmosphere - clean and fresh decor and not a bad seat in the house. They know how to do seafood right and definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- DisappointingHungry2Dined on 8/4/2014I have been to Morgans often. This time the food was subpar for our three. One entree was greasy, another had toouch mayo and the third was under seasoned. The appetizer was good but the dipping sauce was poor. Dessert could have been better. Just because it was a Monday should not mean a substitute chef who doesn't care. Service was excellent but too attentive- we felt rushed and our candle was taken away!!! Really now?!?! I think I'll be going elsewhere for my fish
- very dissapointedlovetoeat601VIPDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten there before food was good. This time one of the worst meals ever. Only ones in the dining room so no excuses for the chef. Crab spinach dip like soup, no crab, pita chips burnt like hockey pucks. Seafood risotto, all the fish horribly over cooked even though rice was cooked correctly. For a restaurant specializing in seafood terribly disappointing. It was like we were served yesterdays leftovers.
- Tuesdays at MorgansAndrewDined on 7/29/2014Can't beat $1 oysters and half price margaritas on a hot summer night. Also worth mentioning that the Tuna Tartare is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent , as usualJeffDined on 7/26/2014Casual or fancy. Quick or unrushed, apps or full meal. A great time will be had by all. Very good food, nice people, great bar. Try it, you will like it. Be sure to have the mussels and the corn bread.Special Features:
- WeezmoonDined on 7/25/2014Fresh ingredients. Excellent preparation. Great selection for light or full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutFoodSwamiDined on 7/19/2014As always the food was great at Morgan's and everyone had a relaxing evening. There were seven of us for dinner and in the group we had salmon, gumbo, lobster mac n cheese, blackened swordfish and the pasta with shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. First time I had the gumbo and looking forward to have it again. The lobster mac n cheese was a big hit too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good fresh fishsrfoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014A very good fish restaurant providing a varied menu and, in addition, the ability to order any fish of the day prepared any way you'd like it. The wait staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We were seated, by choice, near the open kitchen and unfortunately the kitchen staff didn't stop clanging pots and pans (some kind of a game?) for most of the time we were eating. Hopefully this doesn't go on all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding local seafood spothappyfishloverDined on 7/14/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit to Morgan's and we are planning to make it a regular stop. The staff is friendly but not intrusive, the ambience is informal and family-friendly, and the superior-quality seafood (as well as other choices) is cooked perfectly and with creative vegetable sides. Good experience--as with this organizations other restaurants.Special Features:
- Great seafoodmeftabDined on 7/13/2014Great seafood, large selection. Dinner or brunch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- WestchesterVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love Richard! He is the best server & is one of main reasons we keep coming back!
- WestchesterVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love Richard ---best service professional ever!!! He is able to anticipate & is very knowledgeable about the entire process
- Nothing specialGaryKDined on 7/10/2014We were somewhat disappointed with the seafood at this Rye restaurant. It is difficult to find a great seafood restaurant in mid to upper Westchester and Morgan's was no exception. The boiled lobster was good, the shrimp and crab gumbo was tasty, though there was very little crab, but the halibut was just OK. It was a decent meal, but we wouldn't travel out of our way to come back.
- Wonderful SurprisewannabefoodieDined on 7/9/2014I was traveling in Rye on business and after finding Morgan's on OpenTable, decided to give it a try, despite the hotel clerk's unfamiliarity with the restaurant. What a delightful meal I had! The crab cakes were filled with large chunks of fresh crab, alongside a fresh homemade grilled corn relish and a remarkably delicious tarter dip (I typically don't even like tarter sauce!) My halibut was flaky and fresh, served on top of a medley of spinach, fingerling potatoes, and tomatoes. Lastly, I tried out their blueberry crisp, which was quite good. Not sure if the crisp was worth the calories, but the rest of the meal surely was. In short, I will go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Great food, good service, great value Always get a good meal at Morgan's Fish House. My entire family enjoys this restaurant. We are all fish eaters and the fish is just simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Waiter was terrible. Brought the wrong dish and when I got the right one it was not worth the wait. Would not go back.
- there are far better fish placesCosmosIslandDined on 6/22/2014Go to Sammy's on City Island or Eastchester Fish Gourmet in Bronxville. You'll be happier. The waitstaff here seemed upset that we dared to show up for brunch at 2:30 (brunch was slated to end at 3:30). Zero personality. And that impression carried over to the food: the fish was mediocre, banana foster french toast was burnt to blah, and everything else was salty.
- Nothing fresh or fish house likeBudsofReasonVIPDined on 6/21/2014The tuna tartar was poorly presented, with a thick layer of avocado on top that overwhelmed anything about the tuna. It could have just as easily been billed as avocado tartar. The crab cocktail was the crowning display of Morgans inferiority: it was made of small pieces of crab on an ultra plain bed of chopped iceberg lettuce, like something one would get at a truck stop. The crab reminded me in size, flavor, and consistency of the vacuum packed Indonesian crab at Costco. Why would anyone would ever go here? The convenience of a local place for the elderly? Inertia that lulls people into thinking a regularly patronized establishment has some understood quality? The joy of dining at Morgans tonight was knowing that I will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014My husband & I were so disappointed I asked if the special gazpacho had cream and was told no. I also told the waiter I did not eat meat and then ordered the special bouillabaisse, which he described in detail
- Morgans Fish House Rye NYSeaFoodLoverDined on 6/21/2014This was our first venture to this restaurant and we would certainly come again......food was excellent and ambiance was very nice......the service needs a little work and it was not attentive enough and as the place filled up with more people some staff seemed a little frazzled......however the overall experience was greatSpecial Features:
- DaschaVIPDined on 6/21/2014All the food we ordered was outstanding. From the grilled calamari bruschetta and fried calamari to the pretzel crusted tuna and the porcini dusted halibut.Special Features:
- Tuesday oyster specialbxbumpkinDined on 6/17/2014Fresh and delicious seafood. Enjoyed the tuesday oyster and margerita specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Dinner--Not Blown AwayNoelTDined on 6/15/2014Arrived with my two young children on the early side for our Father's Day reservation. After we were seated and despite the restaurant not being very full, no servers came over to welcome us or to offer us drinks for too long. The oysters I ordered were not impressive -- not properly chilled and one of the 6 smelled/tasted a bit funky. The kids' shared a filet mignon and Caesar salad which they enjoyed thoroughly. My porcini-crusted halibut was quite tasty, but the fish a bit over-cooked. Overall, had the service been better and more attention (and polished, for that matter) I would have enjoyed our dinner much more.
- Saturday lunchSuzeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Owner/manager so nice! We were there with two little ones and he was so accommodating. The best oysters! Very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely fish restaurant in downtownMelapatellaDined on 6/13/2014Downtown Rye serves great fish. Noisy bar area, and helpful staff.Special Features:
- great food great servicerkeehnDined on 6/5/2014If you like seafood you wont be let down at Morgan's fish house. the food was amazing. the portions weren't too big or too small. the staff was knowledgeable and helpful with the menu and you were never left waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Restaurant in RyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Morgans has a great wine list. Delicious food and excellent service!Special Features:
- good atmospheregreatdateplaceDined on 5/31/2014I enjoyed Morgan's, the atmosphere is like California dining. Food is very fresh and the kitchen is open, a sign that nothing is being hidden. It's a bit pricey, but a great date night restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2thmanVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent service and the freshest of fish. I have been there at least 6 times this year and every time it was a great time.Special Features:
- Can't beat Tuesday nightjpnyDined on 5/27/2014The best deal is Tuesday night with $1 oysters and half price margies. Rest of the food is good too.Special Features:
- Not worth it!!!FoodieDined on 5/24/2014I was extremely disappointed. Had been there before and had been good. New waitress had no clue. My food was prepared wrong, brought back to the kitchem and returned to me "unchanged". The manager came over and was rude and never apologized. doubt it was the "true manager". Restaurant had major attitude.