Morgan Creek Grill
80 41st Avenue
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morgan Creek Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgancreekgrill.com/
- Phone: 8438868980x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday ~ Sunday
10am-2pm Sunday Brunch
Lunch & Dinner Daily 11am
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4-7pm at all Bars
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Bert Ottmers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Morgan Creek Grill offers a variety of entertainment on The Upper Deck and at The Creekside Bar. Music ranges from acoustic musicians to full bands. Please check the website for the entertainment schedule: www.morgancreekgrill.com
- Special Events: Contact Kristy Kinney, Director of Events and Promotions
843-810-2098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Morgan Creek Grill
Morgan Creek Grill, located in the Isle of Palms Marina, offers an unparalleled panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway and surrounding Lowcountry marshes from our waterfront dining rooms and the Upperdeck Bar & Grill. Fresh seafood, choice steaks and creative appetizers are offered with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Live music, complimentary boat dockage, children’s menu, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Morgan Creek Grill - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Morgan Creek Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (128)great for outdoor dining (69)kid-friendly (62)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (45)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (28)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (18)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)late-night find (9)Show More
- Quality Preparation-Relaxed paceFoodymeisterDined on 9/12/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival, while walk-ins had to wait up front,. The dining room was very busy (restaurant week) and a bit loud. While our service was generally good, it could have been a little faster. All four of us selected from the "three-courses-for-$30" restaurant week menu. The filet tips appetizer was mouth wateringly delicious. The quality of the fresh Mahi and preparation were good. It came with blue cheese cole slaw which was poured over the fish and cooled it off prematurely. The kitchen was happy to warm it up again for me. The bed of orzo pasta on which the fish was placed was barely noticed. However, while this sounds negative, the flavors were very good; I would order it again, just with the slaw on the side.Special Features:
- great restaurantMarvell1Dined on 9/12/2014We like everything about Morgan Creek Grill! The food was delicious,and we got a table near the window to look out on the water. the lighting and arrangement of seating made for a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstand experience.CeeZeeDined on 9/12/2014We eat at this establishment on ocassions and it is always a pleasant experience. The food is excellent and the view of the waterway makes dining an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Our table was ready when we arrived at 7:00 on a Thursday night during "Restaurant Week". Our server did a very good job taking our beverage and food orders promptly, and getting each person's requests correct. The apps and entrees, and desserts were served fairly quickly and were satisfactory, but they lacked any special or memorable tastes or touches. For example, the filet was ordered rare, it came out medium; the chicken breast was flavorful, but the texture was dry; the shrimp and fish entrees were better flavored; the upside-down cake was dry, but the key lime was very good. Our group of 6 had a good time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momandsonDined on 9/10/2014This was a wonderful deal for restaurant week. The food was wonderful and the server was very good. I love this place because it has 3 different areas depending on what you want. Fine dining downstairs, bar food and more casual upstairs or an outside bar for wonderful evenings. Being on the water is a plus. Beautiful sunsets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Food was great and the service was great. The restaurant has fine dining along with an uostairs, more casual/sports bar dining. Also an outside very kid friendly area. All have great water views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScenicJamoDined on 9/7/2014Great location and good food. Enjoyed brunch with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Excellant food! Really enjoyed the view, a little noisey but a nice romantic dinner for my girlfriend and myself. Will go there again next time I'm in the Charleston area.Special Features:
- ExcellentRicardo123Dined on 9/6/2014Delicious meal with scenic water view. Service was top notch. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceChrisDined on 9/4/2014Great food. We had the Restaurant Week 3 for $30 special. All the apps and entrees were excellent with a great presentation and taste to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outbobby2008Dined on 9/3/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the view and the food. The ambience was fantastic.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014The restaurant has a great view of the water and a very nice ambience. We took my sister there for her birthday, which I noted on the reservation. We sat at our table for 15 minutes before anyone came to wait on us. The service was slow, the waitress failed to refill our water glasses, left the dirty plates on the table after we finished eating. My steak was fatty, the flounder didn't appear to be flounder at all. We weren't offered dessert which I found surprising since we made her aware we had a birthday celebrant at the table. I went to find the manager to get our check after waiting for 10 minutes to get it. He nor the waitress seemed concerned that we were not happy. Overall,Morgan's Creek Grill was a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Good food, okay staff.dtwi11iamsDined on 8/31/2014This was our second visit and I have to say, while the food is good, there is something off about the staff. The staff is polite but not overly friendly. We were greeted when we came in, but not in a very welcoming manner. In fact, we actually arrived a few minutes early, and the restaurant was not yet open. There was a rope in front of the door which once the restaurant did open a lady removed said nothing and returned inside. I'll probably go back for the brunch and the view and just learn to expect polite but not friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not againNancyDined on 8/30/2014I made my reservation a month ago for 7:30. I am 73 and my husband is 79. We can hear better at a table by the window. We arrived at 7:15 and were not seated until 8:15. We were often told it would it would be just a few minutes but they had to deal mostly with large groups. This was a special time for us and our 2 adult children from out of town. Waiting to eat this long is difficult for older folks.Special Features:
- Schafer reviewDennyDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, great service and wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at MCGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was o.k. - no air conditioning, so left as soon as dinner was over! Fries were not hot, and food and drinks pricey for what you got.Special Features:
- AlllyVIPDined on 8/23/2014scollops were coooked perfectly. Great spinach salad. View is the best on the beach.Special Features:
- LoveCharlestonDined on 8/20/2014The table was ready for our group, the service was excellent, and the she crab soup was very good. Some of the other food was a little bland, but overall this is a nice neighborhood restaurant. There are televisions showing sports, or better, you can look out at the boats coming and going from the marina. When we were there, it was too hot to eat outside, but that's available in more pleasant weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS great food, great view!SCgalDined on 8/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Always fresh, innovative seafood dishes. Excellent cocktails too!Special Features:
- Great as usual!CharlieDined on 8/18/2014Continue to go there-with or without friends or other family. Never had a problem and usually get a table overlooking the ICW I request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of townerohioguest123Dined on 8/17/2014great friendly server, enjoyed our family dinner out as part of our beach vacationSpecial Features:
- I don't give 5'sPickyBeerGuyVIPDined on 8/17/2014If you read any of my other previous reviews I hardly ever give something a 5 unless it truly is amazing. Well the food here, truly was amazing. All 4 of the adults in the party rave over the food well after we were gone. I had the salmon prepared their low country way and oh my goodness was it good. My wife had the tuna prepared with with one of the special ways and it was great as well. My in laws also did salmon and Mahi Mahi both done in Morgan's special ways and they raved as well. Heck, even my 2 Yr old seemed to like the kids plate (but it's hard to mess noodles up). We did not try any apps or desserts so I cannot comment on those. The only reason I did not give the restaurant a 5 was it was hot and humid inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anneDined on 8/16/2014We visit Wild Dunes often and have been here many times. The food has improved greatly!Special Features:
- Nice view, food not so good.MrsGDined on 8/15/2014Although this is primarily a seafood restaurant, there aren't many non-seafood item selections. Overpriced in my opinion for the portion size. Regular summer salad was $10 then an additional $6 for grilled chicken. Although our server was very nice, she was obviously overwhelmed with her table load so we barely saw her. Others in group had seafood entrees and they all agreed they were mediocre at best, and overpriced for quality. I'm very surprised that this place received the Open Table 2014 Diner's Choice Award--maybe due to the lack of good restaurants on Isle of Palms and no competition. My recommendation is to take the short drive to Sullivan's Island--MUCH better dining options!Special Features:
- bestDined on 8/15/2014We cellebrated our 1st year together and couldn't have picked a better place. View, service and food was fantastic. This was my first time there, can't believe I have been here 5yrs and have not found this jewel!! Thank you for such a great night !! PaulaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spotInterestingDined on 8/14/2014Morgan's is just the type of easy going, laid back place you always find at the shore. It sits overlooking the intercoastal waterway, has a nautical feel to it and serves fresh and tasty seafood. The staff is attentive, the tables are a bit tight leading to a energetic noise level.Special Features:
- Very disappointedoneshotDined on 8/12/2014Our server was obviously stoned so she "forgot" a lot. Inside dining room was very hot and loud. Food was mediocre. Go for a drink and the view only.Special Features:
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Once again a great dinner, with food fresh and superbly prepared. Our group shared the seared scallops, fried oysters, and crab spread appetizers and all were excellent, with special kudos to the oyster sauce. The catch of the day featured mahi and salmon and both were excellent, blackened low country style with collard greens and grits. View of marina and intracoastal waterway sets off the evening perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal @ Morgan Creek GrillLynneVIPDined on 8/11/2014As always, we had a great meal at Morgan Creek Grill. We did not have the best table for a view, but then, we made our reservations only a couple of hours ahead, so what could we expect. When we were seated, it took quite a while for the first contact from our waiter, but we know they were busy. We were not upset. We've had better service and table view, at Morgan Creek Grill, but we love the ambiance, and the food, so it is not a problem and we'll come again.Special Features:
- Fantastic fresh fishsunsetwavesDined on 8/7/2014We love the daily fresh fish choices, cooking choices and the toppings! I ordered the Mahi blackened with the avocado salsa and it was excellent! The hot crab dip was yummy! The crab cakes were light and tasty! The restaurant offers fun outside dining with bar treats, music and dancing and inside offers great views of Morgan Creek through all the windows! We ate here twice during our week at Wild Dunes:) We will return next year:) Great service, friendly staff:)Special Features:
- What happened?FocusonFoodDined on 8/7/2014While the view was beautiful, the food was bland. The acoustics of the restaurant needs to be addressed as it was very loud with limited customers. We dined there several years before, and it was a great place to eat. Would not go back again now.Special Features:
- Outstanding seafoodworldtravelerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great views! We had the crab dip, scallops, salmon and grouper and all were outstanding. The marina view is spectacular and the staff is enthusiastic about their product, a sign of great management. One of the best restaurants in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NANDJDined on 7/30/2014Promptly seated with very nice view. Service was outstanding. Food was delivered very promptly. Serving size of food was generous but preperation was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 7/28/2014We have a place in Wild Dunes and have been going there for years and must say food was best ever.Special Features:
- Good spot for IOP vacationersBmanDined on 7/21/2014We took a group of 7 including a pre-schooler and got a table reservation only an hour ahead of time. The service was a tad on the slow / distracted side as the place seemed very busy. The food taste and portions were fine, no complaints. My 70-year old teetotaler mother was not happy with the sherry wine in her she-crab soup, however, since there was no mention of it. They replaced it with a dry version rather quickly. This is a good spot for Isle of Palms / Wild Dunes vacationers since it is convenient, has a nice view of the waterway, along with a lively outside atmosphere for after dinner.Special Features:
- A Little of everythingCoachDined on 7/20/2014This place has it all- location/ activity/ great food/ earlier with live music- later for the dinner crowd. The seafood bowl was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a beautiful viewMaryDined on 7/19/2014Morgan Creek Grill is located in Isle of Palms, SC right on the water, so it is absolutely beautiful. My family took me out to dinner for my birthday and I enjoyed an outstanding birthday dinner. The food was good. Our attentive waiter even provided me with a free creme brulee since it was my birthday. Truly dining at Morgan Creek Grill was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Special EveningJimandConnieDined on 7/19/2014Morgan Creek Grill is a wonderful restaurant. I took my wife there for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The menu selection was excellant and the food and service was outstanding. After our meal we went outside and enjoyed the outdoor bar and music. We really enjoyed ourselves and by the looks of it so did a number of people. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant experience. Recommended.FirsttimeDined on 7/18/2014Very popular. Music was outside and we were inside allowing conversation to be plesant. Food was great, service very good, view nice, great destination for casual dining.Special Features:
- First time hereMishelimpossibleDined on 7/13/2014We took guests staying with us and all four of us loved it! I can't wait to go again and bring more friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.