Morgan Creek Grill
80 41st Avenue
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morgan Creek Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgancreekgrill.com/
- Phone: 8438868980x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday ~ Sunday
10am-2pm Sunday Brunch
Lunch & Dinner Daily 11am
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4-7pm at all Bars
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Bert Ottmers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Morgan Creek Grill offers a variety of entertainment on The Upper Deck and at The Creekside Bar. Music ranges from acoustic musicians to full bands. Please check the website for the entertainment schedule: www.morgancreekgrill.com
- Special Events: Contact Kristy Kinney, Director of Events and Promotions
843-810-2098 or email@example.com
A word from Morgan Creek Grill
Morgan Creek Grill, located in the Isle of Palms Marina, offers an unparalleled panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway and surrounding Lowcountry marshes from our waterfront dining rooms and the Upperdeck Bar & Grill. Fresh seafood, choice steaks and creative appetizers are offered with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Live music, complimentary boat dockage, children’s menu, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Morgan Creek Grill - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Morgan Creek Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (134)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (64)kid-friendly (62)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (43)vibrant bar scene (33)romantic (32)great for brunch (29)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)Show More
- First Time at MCGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was o.k. - no air conditioning, so left as soon as dinner was over! Fries were not hot, and food and drinks pricey for what you got.Special Features:
- AlllyVIPDined on 8/23/2014scollops were coooked perfectly. Great spinach salad. View is the best on the beach.Special Features:
- LoveCharlestonDined on 8/20/2014The table was ready for our group, the service was excellent, and the she crab soup was very good. Some of the other food was a little bland, but overall this is a nice neighborhood restaurant. There are televisions showing sports, or better, you can look out at the boats coming and going from the marina. When we were there, it was too hot to eat outside, but that's available in more pleasant weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS great food, great view!SCgalDined on 8/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Always fresh, innovative seafood dishes. Excellent cocktails too!Special Features:
- Great as usual!CharlieDined on 8/18/2014Continue to go there-with or without friends or other family. Never had a problem and usually get a table overlooking the ICW I request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of townerohioguest123Dined on 8/17/2014great friendly server, enjoyed our family dinner out as part of our beach vacationSpecial Features:
- I don't give 5'sPickyBeerGuyVIPDined on 8/17/2014If you read any of my other previous reviews I hardly ever give something a 5 unless it truly is amazing. Well the food here, truly was amazing. All 4 of the adults in the party rave over the food well after we were gone. I had the salmon prepared their low country way and oh my goodness was it good. My wife had the tuna prepared with with one of the special ways and it was great as well. My in laws also did salmon and Mahi Mahi both done in Morgan's special ways and they raved as well. Heck, even my 2 Yr old seemed to like the kids plate (but it's hard to mess noodles up). We did not try any apps or desserts so I cannot comment on those. The only reason I did not give the restaurant a 5 was it was hot and humid inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anneDined on 8/16/2014We visit Wild Dunes often and have been here many times. The food has improved greatly!Special Features:
- Nice view, food not so good.MrsGDined on 8/15/2014Although this is primarily a seafood restaurant, there aren't many non-seafood item selections. Overpriced in my opinion for the portion size. Regular summer salad was $10 then an additional $6 for grilled chicken. Although our server was very nice, she was obviously overwhelmed with her table load so we barely saw her. Others in group had seafood entrees and they all agreed they were mediocre at best, and overpriced for quality. I'm very surprised that this place received the Open Table 2014 Diner's Choice Award--maybe due to the lack of good restaurants on Isle of Palms and no competition. My recommendation is to take the short drive to Sullivan's Island--MUCH better dining options!Special Features:
- bestDined on 8/15/2014We cellebrated our 1st year together and couldn't have picked a better place. View, service and food was fantastic. This was my first time there, can't believe I have been here 5yrs and have not found this jewel!! Thank you for such a great night !! PaulaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spotInterestingDined on 8/14/2014Morgan's is just the type of easy going, laid back place you always find at the shore. It sits overlooking the intercoastal waterway, has a nautical feel to it and serves fresh and tasty seafood. The staff is attentive, the tables are a bit tight leading to a energetic noise level.Special Features:
- Very disappointedoneshotDined on 8/12/2014Our server was obviously stoned so she "forgot" a lot. Inside dining room was very hot and loud. Food was mediocre. Go for a drink and the view only.Special Features:
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Once again a great dinner, with food fresh and superbly prepared. Our group shared the seared scallops, fried oysters, and crab spread appetizers and all were excellent, with special kudos to the oyster sauce. The catch of the day featured mahi and salmon and both were excellent, blackened low country style with collard greens and grits. View of marina and intracoastal waterway sets off the evening perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal @ Morgan Creek GrillLynneVIPDined on 8/11/2014As always, we had a great meal at Morgan Creek Grill. We did not have the best table for a view, but then, we made our reservations only a couple of hours ahead, so what could we expect. When we were seated, it took quite a while for the first contact from our waiter, but we know they were busy. We were not upset. We've had better service and table view, at Morgan Creek Grill, but we love the ambiance, and the food, so it is not a problem and we'll come again.Special Features:
- Fantastic fresh fishsunsetwavesDined on 8/7/2014We love the daily fresh fish choices, cooking choices and the toppings! I ordered the Mahi blackened with the avocado salsa and it was excellent! The hot crab dip was yummy! The crab cakes were light and tasty! The restaurant offers fun outside dining with bar treats, music and dancing and inside offers great views of Morgan Creek through all the windows! We ate here twice during our week at Wild Dunes:) We will return next year:) Great service, friendly staff:)Special Features:
- What happened?FocusonFoodDined on 8/7/2014While the view was beautiful, the food was bland. The acoustics of the restaurant needs to be addressed as it was very loud with limited customers. We dined there several years before, and it was a great place to eat. Would not go back again now.Special Features:
- Outstanding seafoodworldtravelerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great views! We had the crab dip, scallops, salmon and grouper and all were outstanding. The marina view is spectacular and the staff is enthusiastic about their product, a sign of great management. One of the best restaurants in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NANDJDined on 7/30/2014Promptly seated with very nice view. Service was outstanding. Food was delivered very promptly. Serving size of food was generous but preperation was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 7/28/2014We have a place in Wild Dunes and have been going there for years and must say food was best ever.Special Features:
- Good spot for IOP vacationersBmanDined on 7/21/2014We took a group of 7 including a pre-schooler and got a table reservation only an hour ahead of time. The service was a tad on the slow / distracted side as the place seemed very busy. The food taste and portions were fine, no complaints. My 70-year old teetotaler mother was not happy with the sherry wine in her she-crab soup, however, since there was no mention of it. They replaced it with a dry version rather quickly. This is a good spot for Isle of Palms / Wild Dunes vacationers since it is convenient, has a nice view of the waterway, along with a lively outside atmosphere for after dinner.Special Features:
- A Little of everythingCoachDined on 7/20/2014This place has it all- location/ activity/ great food/ earlier with live music- later for the dinner crowd. The seafood bowl was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a beautiful viewMaryDined on 7/19/2014Morgan Creek Grill is located in Isle of Palms, SC right on the water, so it is absolutely beautiful. My family took me out to dinner for my birthday and I enjoyed an outstanding birthday dinner. The food was good. Our attentive waiter even provided me with a free creme brulee since it was my birthday. Truly dining at Morgan Creek Grill was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Special EveningJimandConnieDined on 7/19/2014Morgan Creek Grill is a wonderful restaurant. I took my wife there for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The menu selection was excellant and the food and service was outstanding. After our meal we went outside and enjoyed the outdoor bar and music. We really enjoyed ourselves and by the looks of it so did a number of people. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant experience. Recommended.FirsttimeDined on 7/18/2014Very popular. Music was outside and we were inside allowing conversation to be plesant. Food was great, service very good, view nice, great destination for casual dining.Special Features:
- First time hereMishelimpossibleDined on 7/13/2014We took guests staying with us and all four of us loved it! I can't wait to go again and bring more friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerCfoodDined on 7/12/2014This was our first time dinning at this restaurant. We arrived about fifteen minutes before our reserved time and were seated about fifteen minutes after our reserved time. The staff was nice, informative and friendly. The food was good and arrived not long after ordering. The down side was that the young male who brought our food spilled the cocktail sauce which splatter on one of my guest's white pants. Our waitress was very apologetic.Special Features:
- Best experience there to dateTommyboyDined on 7/12/2014Crowded and noisy as expected on high season Saturday summer eve so service was a bit slow. Food was all around outstanding; tasty and well prepared. The fish bowl was incredible...fresh and prepared in savory tomato broth. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morgan Creek food and entertainmentfoodnmusicDined on 7/12/2014We came to Isle of Palms to see the Tyler Nail Trio of which my son is a member. Outdoor venue that seemed to be serious about music the way they wanted the bands on time and ready to go etc. Unfortunately, it is a patio, on ground level, rather than a raised stage and no true listening area - just adjacent to bar. Kids were walking across the venue, climbing the tarp poles. Parents and staff never made an effort to stop. It would be fine to dance out in front to music. Band stopped a couple times as distracted - so just a few real music patrons seemed interested. We were given a great table on the deck at 5 pm to eat, continue to listen and watch. Vey nice and we each loved the food. Walked around, great view, very attractive place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining localOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Flounder was awful. Was told it was the whole flounder. Still do not know what type of fillet it was. Very dry and the worst piece of fish I have ever tried to eat.Special Features:
- Food was terrific!OutoftownerDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I wanted a nice place to take a cousin for a nice "Thank You!" dinner for hosting us. Morgan Creek Grill was perfect. We all very much enjoyed our dinners, an assortment of friend shrimp and oysters, and broiled flounder and scallops. Everything was tasty. The broiled items were tender and perfectly seasoned; the fried items not overly breaded or greasy. The accompanying sauces perfectly complimented the seafood. The service was great too. After dinner we had drinks outside listening to the live music. We highly recommend Morgan Creek Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, as usualSCgalDined on 7/9/2014The food at Morgan Creek Grill is always wonderful!! The salmon special was fabulous as always as was the key lime pie. The views cannot be beat. Service is good to great, my most recent visit it fell in the "good" category.Special Features:
- FoodlvrFoodlvrDined on 7/7/2014This restaurant overlooking the InterCoastal and Dewees Island has the best seafood dishes, ambience and sunset views for a great price. Wonderful place to take out of town guests for the beach resort experience to the Charleston area lowcountry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding views, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014We make it a habit of dining at MCG every time we visit Isle of Palms. The view is always breathtaking and the food is very good. This evening the standout was the seared scallops appetizer with asparagus and a balsamic reduction! The service was a tad bit slow but I think the kitchen was backed up, so this is not a knock on our server who was very engaging and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place, great locationgreatdiningDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful place to eat and hang out. Great food, their was music, games, right on the water and service great too.Special Features:
- dinner with familydinner4rfamilyDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service. Nice options on kids menu. We had 2 tables with family and when I called to ensure we were sitting near each other, they were very accommodating and put us all together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice CelebrationSatisfiedDinerDined on 6/29/2014We had a party of 8 to celebrate my Mom's birthday. The service was very good. I had brought a birthday cake and they took care of that. The food was delicious. We never felt rushed. Thanks for making my mom's day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was terribleAudreycoreyDined on 6/28/2014We ordered steak and fish, both of which were inedible. The steak was so fatty that I literally couldn't cut it. My husband's fish was floating in butter, notwithstanding the fact that butter wasn't even mentioned in the description of the menu item. My daughter ordered a chicken and vegetable soup, which didn't have a single piece of chicken in it. On a positive note, the view was outstanding and our waiter was courteous and professional about the bad meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014On a busy Saturday evening, we were seated 15 minutes after reservation. Delay may be attributable to slow service, as diners can't finish until served. However, I requested a quiet table with a view. They tried to accomodate these requests. I would not choose this restaurant on a Saturday evening again because of the crowd and noise. The waiter was clearly too busy to serve us quickly, but he was kind, courteous and personable in addition to being a competent waiter. I had the catch of the day salmon lowcountry style which was the best food I have eaten in a long while! I eat salmon, collards and grits in my own home frequently and didn't think they could improve, but they did! The creme brulee was over the top. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Food and atmosphereLindaDined on 6/28/2014One of our favorites...great food....great view....great service. The sunflower crusted fish is definitely my favorite.Special Features:
- Get'em in, get'em outAubbieVIPDined on 6/24/2014Requested a table by the window. We were seated as far away as could be , next to a wall and the kitchen separation screen behind us. When I told the hostess I requested a window , we were told to wait. Ten minutes later we were seated at the window. Fifteen minutes later I looked to the table where we were going to sit, it disappeared! Food was so-so. I ordered their summer salad for $10. Size of regular salad with a few sunflower seeds and mandarin oranges on top. Not worth it at all. Husband had a broiled seafood platter that was ok. I had shrimp tacos, again very small and not that tasty. The outside bar area looked lively but I am sure it was the same food. Their goal is to turn tables over quickly .Will not returnSpecial Features: