Morgan Creek Grill
80 41st Avenue
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morgan Creek Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morgancreekgrill.com/
- Phone: (843) 886-8980
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday ~ Sunday
10am-2pm Sunday Brunch
Lunch & Dinner Daily 11am
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4-7pm at all Bars
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Bert Ottmers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Morgan Creek Grill offers a variety of entertainment on The Upper Deck and at The Creekside Bar. Music ranges from acoustic musicians to full bands. Please check the website for the entertainment schedule: www.morgancreekgrill.com
- Special Events: Contact Kristy Kinney, Director of Events and Promotions
843-810-2098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Morgan Creek Grill
Morgan Creek Grill, located in the Isle of Palms Marina, offers an unparalleled panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway and surrounding Lowcountry marshes from our waterfront dining rooms and the Upperdeck Bar & Grill. Fresh seafood, choice steaks and creative appetizers are offered with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Live music, complimentary boat dockage, children’s menu, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Morgan Creek Grill - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Morgan Creek Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (43)special occasion (38)kid-friendly (31)romantic (26)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (10)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- We are never disappointed when we dine at here!DebTDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here maybe a half dozen times or so and always find the food satisfying and delicious and the staff attentive without being bothersome. The scenery on the creek with the big boats and homes across the water are beautiful and romantic as well. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zee2013Dined on 11/8/2014WAITER not very attentive .Had not been in a while and will be a while before i go back.Special Features:
- Good Solid RestaurantCharlestonTomVIPDined on 11/8/2014There are a lot of great restaurants in Charleston - so it is easy to find great meal. MCG combines a beautiful location with good food and good service. This casual combination is hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!NicoleDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed brunch here this weekend. Pretty views of the water and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014When we first arrived we were a little taken aback because of an oyster roast outside and I thought it was going to ruin the evening; it did not. Our reservations were made for 8pm but we arrived at 7pm just to check it out. (I could only make the reservation on line. I tried to call several times) When we got there I asked if there was anything earlier and was seated immediately. We were just out for a casual dinner and this is a great place for that. You can show up in business casual or shorts and a pull over t-shirt. The staff were friendly, knowlegable and very courtious. We ordered 2 appitizers ( You have got to get the Beef Tips, they are delicious ) and just 1 dinner meal because we never eat it all when we order 2 main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so this timeJBurrDined on 10/18/2014This year at MCG, we had one of the best tables in the place, right next to the water on the Intercostal Waterway. The play of the lights on the water was spectacular. The scallops were by far the best thing on the menu this night. Sweet, cooked just right, they really were great. The potato crusted flounder, however was not so good. The breading was too thick and it looked like it stayed in the fryer a little long. It was dry and just not up to their high standards, so this year it was one hit and one miss. We will be back, however.Special Features:
- Harbor ViewChampDined on 10/16/2014Been eating at the Creek for years and love the views and the food. Try to go there whenever I'm visiting Wild DunesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRowdyVIPDined on 10/15/2014It was close to Wild Dunes so very convenient. The food selection was good.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKyGirlDined on 10/12/2014My group returned for a second visit while on vacation because of the great food, friendly service, and a table on the deck by the water. The seared scallops, potato crusted flounder, shrimp and grits, and the salads were just right. The beer and wine list met our needs, but we found that the cocktails were the only disappointment.Special Features:
- Great but for the wait...GSmithDined on 10/12/2014First time we ever had to wait past the time we set on Open Table. It was only 10 minutes, but it's a problem.Special Features:
- Brunch with a view!chucktowngalDined on 10/12/2014Enjoy the beauty of a humming marina on the intercoastal waterway... while enjoying good food at good prices.... perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We ate here on a recommendation of a local. It was very crowded as there was an oyster roast being held outside plus it was a Saturday night. But with the reservation with open table we were seated right away at 7 pm with a window seat and a round table for 6.....perfect! Everyone enjoyed their meal...I had she crab soup, good but I've had better. My husband wanted to go back again, but with a Mecca of restaurants in the charleston area, I said no!Special Features:
- Pretty location a beautiful sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Enjoyed the shrimp pasta had plenty of shrimp. My husband had the pork chop it was tough.the waitress comp with coffee and cake on thee house. Great place !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary celebrationKathyDined on 10/7/2014Eight of us came to Charleston to celebrate our anniversaries. I guess I mentioned this when I made the reservation. When we arrived a table was waiting off next to the bar and off the wine room, very nice location for our group. The food was very good. My husband said it was the best steak he's had in some time. Go for the steak, that's their specialty. A couple of us had the surf and turf, that's the deal in the place otherwise it's al a carte and the bill can add up. The staff brought in an anniversary treat for us to top off the night. We were touched since we didn't expect the treat. Overall, the night couldn't have been better, good food and good friends. We would recommend if steak is your thing.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful viewdine4funDined on 10/2/2014First time coming here for dinner. Have had lunch several times. Food is always great as is the service. Beautiful location also. Great spot to take out of town guests. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBillDined on 9/30/2014Great food and fast service. The crab cakes were loaded with crab and the scallops w/ blue cheese and balsamic vinegar was surprisingly tasty. Next time I think I'll try eating inside because the view was restricted and at dusk the island insects come out.Special Features:
- ReneTurtleluv1Dined on 9/28/2014There is nothing better than great food and beautiful surroundings. I introduced Atlanta friends to Mirgan Creek Grill who are foodies and they gave it two thumbs up. Where else can you sit at an outdoor bar on the water with live music ? Our coastal favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewLarryDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant has a view over the marina and waterway. It provides great views of the sunset. The menu has a wide variety of food and it is well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeYummyDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I went for Brunch, it was wonderful and service was great. Very nice place to dine at anytime😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My wife And I had tried many of the other restaurants on Isle of Palms and felt they we're all a little expensive. This fine food establishment was great food and a great deal. Loved it and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Preparation-Relaxed paceFoodymeisterDined on 9/12/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival, while walk-ins had to wait up front,. The dining room was very busy (restaurant week) and a bit loud. While our service was generally good, it could have been a little faster. All four of us selected from the "three-courses-for-$30" restaurant week menu. The filet tips appetizer was mouth wateringly delicious. The quality of the fresh Mahi and preparation were good. It came with blue cheese cole slaw which was poured over the fish and cooled it off prematurely. The kitchen was happy to warm it up again for me. The bed of orzo pasta on which the fish was placed was barely noticed. However, while this sounds negative, the flavors were very good; I would order it again, just with the slaw on the side.Special Features:
- great restaurantMarvell1Dined on 9/12/2014We like everything about Morgan Creek Grill! The food was delicious,and we got a table near the window to look out on the water. the lighting and arrangement of seating made for a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstand experience.CeeZeeDined on 9/12/2014We eat at this establishment on ocassions and it is always a pleasant experience. The food is excellent and the view of the waterway makes dining an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Our table was ready when we arrived at 7:00 on a Thursday night during "Restaurant Week". Our server did a very good job taking our beverage and food orders promptly, and getting each person's requests correct. The apps and entrees, and desserts were served fairly quickly and were satisfactory, but they lacked any special or memorable tastes or touches. For example, the filet was ordered rare, it came out medium; the chicken breast was flavorful, but the texture was dry; the shrimp and fish entrees were better flavored; the upside-down cake was dry, but the key lime was very good. Our group of 6 had a good time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momandsonDined on 9/10/2014This was a wonderful deal for restaurant week. The food was wonderful and the server was very good. I love this place because it has 3 different areas depending on what you want. Fine dining downstairs, bar food and more casual upstairs or an outside bar for wonderful evenings. Being on the water is a plus. Beautiful sunsets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Had a wonderful dinner. Food was great and the service was great. The restaurant has fine dining along with an uostairs, more casual/sports bar dining. Also an outside very kid friendly area. All have great water views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScenicJamoDined on 9/7/2014Great location and good food. Enjoyed brunch with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NelsonDined on 9/6/2014Excellant food! Really enjoyed the view, a little noisey but a nice romantic dinner for my girlfriend and myself. Will go there again next time I'm in the Charleston area.Special Features:
- ExcellentRicardo123Dined on 9/6/2014Delicious meal with scenic water view. Service was top notch. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceChrisDined on 9/4/2014Great food. We had the Restaurant Week 3 for $30 special. All the apps and entrees were excellent with a great presentation and taste to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outbobby2008Dined on 9/3/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the view and the food. The ambience was fantastic.Special Features:
- Best place in Isle of PalmsTheRickDined on 9/3/2014We've visited Isle of Palms twice and have been to Morgan Creek 3 times. I'm sure we;ll be back. Good food, good service and if you're lucky and can get on the deck, it's a fantastic outdoor dining experience. Even inside, they've done a terrific job of setting up the place so you know you're dining on the water. If you're in the area, I'd highly recommend this place for dinner. Good for families as well.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014The restaurant has a great view of the water and a very nice ambience. We took my sister there for her birthday, which I noted on the reservation. We sat at our table for 15 minutes before anyone came to wait on us. The service was slow, the waitress failed to refill our water glasses, left the dirty plates on the table after we finished eating. My steak was fatty, the flounder didn't appear to be flounder at all. We weren't offered dessert which I found surprising since we made her aware we had a birthday celebrant at the table. I went to find the manager to get our check after waiting for 10 minutes to get it. He nor the waitress seemed concerned that we were not happy. Overall,Morgan's Creek Grill was a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Good food, okay staff.dtwi11iamsDined on 8/31/2014This was our second visit and I have to say, while the food is good, there is something off about the staff. The staff is polite but not overly friendly. We were greeted when we came in, but not in a very welcoming manner. In fact, we actually arrived a few minutes early, and the restaurant was not yet open. There was a rope in front of the door which once the restaurant did open a lady removed said nothing and returned inside. I'll probably go back for the brunch and the view and just learn to expect polite but not friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not againNancyDined on 8/30/2014I made my reservation a month ago for 7:30. I am 73 and my husband is 79. We can hear better at a table by the window. We arrived at 7:15 and were not seated until 8:15. We were often told it would it would be just a few minutes but they had to deal mostly with large groups. This was a special time for us and our 2 adult children from out of town. Waiting to eat this long is difficult for older folks.Special Features:
- Schafer reviewDennyDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, great service and wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at MCGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was o.k. - no air conditioning, so left as soon as dinner was over! Fries were not hot, and food and drinks pricey for what you got.Special Features:
- AlllyVIPDined on 8/23/2014scollops were coooked perfectly. Great spinach salad. View is the best on the beach.Special Features:
- LoveCharlestonDined on 8/20/2014The table was ready for our group, the service was excellent, and the she crab soup was very good. Some of the other food was a little bland, but overall this is a nice neighborhood restaurant. There are televisions showing sports, or better, you can look out at the boats coming and going from the marina. When we were there, it was too hot to eat outside, but that's available in more pleasant weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS great food, great view!SCgalDined on 8/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Always fresh, innovative seafood dishes. Excellent cocktails too!Special Features: