Moretti's of Arlington
2124 Tremont Center
Upper Arlington, OH 43221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Moretti's of Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.morettisofarlington.com/menu.htm
- Phone: 614-486-2333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Moretti's of Arlington
A family-owned business. Owner Tim Moretti is there daily preparing homemade sauce, butter, pasta salad and noodles. You will also see him nightly, cooking, preparing your made to order meals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Moretti's of Arlington - Best Restaurants in Upper Arlington ›
Moretti's of Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (34)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)special occasion (14)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- 1970's Italian fareajaxVIPDined on 9/15/2014Average precooked Italian food. Two had lasagna: one vegetarian, one sausage with sausage sprinkled over vegetarian. I had a very large eggplant Parmesan "appetizer" . All tree were ok but looked/tasted like they had been precooked and frozen, then heated in an oven. The eggplant was very thin with a very thick crust. The tomato sauce was just ok. Salad dressing was very tart. Atmosphere was 1970's and pleasant. Service was very good. Overall we felt like we were caught in a time warp. Nothing was bad but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgooditalianDined on 9/6/2014Love the patio. Food was excellent as always. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The food was great. Sat outside and the atmosphere was great! Treated a friend for his birthday, all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningEricDined on 9/5/2014The food and service made for a perfect evening on our first visit to Moretti's. We are already looking forward to our next visit.
- Great outdoor dining!dinersDined on 9/4/2014It was a hot evening when we decided to eat outdoors at Moretti's but with the lovely shaded patio we were very comfortable. The food was great and the super Tuscan wine was wonderful. Service was good as well. We stayed until the restaurant closed, the evening was so nice. We plan to go again soon.Special Features:
- Arlington stapleJaceyDined on 8/23/2014We consistently get great service and food at morettis. The outdoor patio is a perfect spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veal dishes are outstanding!JayneVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very noisy but the food is worth it. The bruchetta appetizers were delicious and I could never pass up the veal morretti.Special Features:
- KattKattDined on 8/13/2014Having not been to this restaurant for a few years ,we were very pleasantly surprised. We ate outside which was very enjoyable. It was quiet, and nicely appointed with flowers and such. My salad was very fresh and tasty. My entree had spicy sausage and pasta. It was very tasty and plentiful. I brought about half home. The service was good and prices were reasonable. We plan to go again soon.Special Features:
- Great anniversaryTAllenDined on 8/9/2014The staff at Moretti's reserved for us a secluded table and brought out a bottle of wine right after we sat down. Wonderful food. Excellent service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid italian cuisinesingleitaliandinerDined on 8/5/2014I'm italian and would rather stay home and cook rather than eat at most Italian restaurants. Moretti's is an exception. The food is consistently excellent and the service always prompt and courteous. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Came here for restaurant week. The only thing I did not like was the couscous. It was very bland and tasted a little bit like cardboard.Special Features:
- Great First ImpressionBillyBDined on 7/24/2014Being from Cleveland we took a chance during restaurant week on a new place. What a wonderful surprise. Excellent food! Great service! Going back with friends very soon!
- Just okHaveforkwilltravelDined on 7/24/2014Sorry to say, my last couple of experiences at Moretti's have been pretty ordinary. They have done a good job of remodeling, but as we sat at a table in the bar, the noise was unrelenting and the table itself was so narrow that three of us were crowded. We each had a small plate, only one of which was small. The servings are generally enormous which can be off-putting. The chicken dish, basically with tomatoes and pasta, was so dry that I hoped to get a side of marinara, but our server never checked on us so I was rescued by my friend's bolognese sauce. There is nothing better than good Italian crusty bread, but Moretti's serves a bland, soft loaf. I would put this restaurant at the lower end of a ranking of Columbus Italian eateries. TSpecial Features:
- Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I love this place so much! Great service and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family MealfoodieVIPDined on 7/7/2014Took my in-law's from out of town for some Italian and were not disappointed. The food was great and we had a winderful low-kay dinner. Monday night so not crowded, wish it was a nicer day to use the patio. The only downfall is the kitch was out of veal... boo... but i understand things happen. Will just have to try again next time!Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014We really enjoyed out meal. We took 3 guests who had never been, and they loved it.Special Features:
- Great Food, Close QuartersKatie0222Dined on 6/24/2014I went the first time for dinner using a Groupon. I was pleased to find they had gluten free pizza and pasta options. The food was very good, but the ambiance was a little close and noisy. The table was pretty large, so I had a hard time hearing the person I was with, along with a good deal of background noise and the people at the table next to us being closer than I would've liked. I would go back if I were in the neighborhood again, but would not go out of my way.Special Features:
- The best Italian food in the areaFoodieVIPDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant is fabulous , hand made pasta and sauces , fantastic price points. This is my new favorite Italian restaurant in the Columbus metro area , a must try I will recommend and I will return again and againSpecial Features:
- Service was offWeluv2eatoutVIPDined on 6/6/2014We like to dine at Moretti's because we live in the neighborhood. The last few times the service has been off, starting at the hostess table where we were not greeted and continuing thru meal. On a Friday night you'd think they'd be staffed for a crowd, but with the restaurant only half full, we waited extraordinarily long and then our salads came out without dressing. The server said the kitchen was overwhelmed. The bartender must have been overwhelmed too, because our second round of cocktails were not the same as what we ordered. I will give it another try, but it is moving to the bottom of our list.Special Features:
- Saturday dinnergoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014We arrived early and were seated quickly. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Melanzana SupremoSteveVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife loves eqqplant parmigiano. We live in Powell, but come here for the eggplant. It is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 368 reviews are from the Moretti's of Arlington reviews archive.
- Very Good Food but NoisyNDChadDined on 5/13/2014Our meal at Moretti's of Arlington was very good. Three of us got pizza's and one got pasta. All the pizza's were very tasty and the pasta was very good also. The service was excellent. Our only complaint was the noise. There were many open tables available but we were seated right next to a family with kids. The kids were very loud. I know kids will be loud but we could have been seated away from them very easy. Overall though it was very good and we will return.Special Features:
- A little noisy, but tastySubveritaDined on 5/10/2014White asparagus excellent, calamari wasa overdone. Flat bread was crispy and flavorful. Mozarella was quite fresh. Eggplant parmigiana was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moretti's, a great place to eat!dumetreDined on 5/2/2014I really enjoy going there. Service is fantastic, food great. Waiter are always very nice, ready to make your experience most pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and QuietcgalluccDined on 4/30/2014Moretti's always has great food. Our most recent visit was on a Wednesday night and it is quiet relative to Friday or Saturday night. It was like it used to be on Sundays when they were open on Sundays.Special Features:
- just OKToHoVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been going to the UA Motetti's for years. The improvements in decor/ambiance appreciated - it is not fancy but it is pleasant. The people are friendly but there were 3 mistakes in one meal for our table of 6 - resulted in a 10 minute saving delay for one of our party - always awkward, but everyone shared a little while he waited - easy to do because the portions are generally large. I'd rate it good v. fair but spaghetti and a salad and a glass of wine with a tip is $70 for 2 - it's just the way it is today, but I feel the need to be more critical increases along with the fare. We'll go back - I just hope they keep refining things as they always haveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love moretti's...MlfergDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate my birthday. The food and drinks are fabulous and our server was very good. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Italian DiningJimBobDined on 4/11/2014I made my reservation at Moretti's (through Open Table, of course!) because I had an Amazon coupon for it. I noted on my reservation that we had theater tickets and had to be in and out in 90 minutes. We were seated immediately, service was prompt and friendly, the server knew all about the parameters of the Amazon coupon, and the food was spectacular! My wife and I both had the cheese ravioli, which was so perfect to my palate that I longed for more a few hours later. Our guests both had eggplant Parmesan, and raved about it, as well. And, yes, we were in and out in plenty of time for the theater. A special meal and a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a groupin tried it... Was okAm1234Dined on 4/11/2014We ordered the calamari as our appetizer. The breading was bland, wasn't served with marinara or a lemon edge like calamari should be. Bread was kind of hard. I ordered the cheese ravioli and the beef and truffle. I thought the cheese ravioli was way too sweet and the sauce was very bland. The truffle and beef was good, but very very hearty, almost too much. The server did not pre buss our table, and we clearly had a pile of dishes sitting at the side of our table waiting to be taken away. Ordered a cheese cake as a dessert it was good, the bottom crust a little too hard to chew. I am not sure if I would come back again if I'd have to pay the full price of food. Too expensive and not enough flavor too bland for the price.
- We are no strangers to diningLauraDined on 4/8/2014We are no strangers to dining at Moretti's of Arlington. As always, the food was great and we had a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok, seemed datedNew2UAVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our party of 3 dined at Moretti's this even and came away disappointed. Service was iffy, food was not that great. Most of the items on the menu are *heavy* - lots of cream sauce, cheese, etc., that may serve to mask flavorless cooking. All of the chicken seems to be breaded as well. We felt it was several notches below Bravo! (local chain) for example. Will not be back even though this is 5 minutes from our house, which is too bad.
- A perfect blend of tastesGoodwithoutglutenDined on 4/3/2014I love Italian food and switching to a gluten-free diet meant that I had a period of mourning over all the lovely things I was renouncing. Moretti's doesn't fully solve that problem, but it goes a fair way. They feature one gluten-free pasta a night that can be substituted into dishes already on the menu. They also offer a gluten-free pizza dough. I opted for the pizza and was not disappointed. The crust was good--maybe not exactly like regular dough, but good enough that if they'd told me this was their specialty crust, I'd have not complained at all. And I loved the toppings--I got the Trevi Fountain. The sweet potato fries we got for an appetizer were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014Good food, nice happy hour with great wine selections and the staff was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet an old friendUwe1Dined on 4/1/2014We had a very nice evening chatting and catching up. The server was very accommodating but the food was average at best.
- Great PlacealbertlightDined on 3/25/2014Excellent menu, tasty food items, beautifully preparedSpecial Features:
- Good food - but a little priceywoodc33Dined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent, but it was a little pricey for a family italian restaurant. Additionally, they did not have a great wine menu and they were "out" of the only one in the category I wanted. Disappointing for my night out...but the food was good.Special Features:
- DeliciousFlooy657VIPDined on 3/14/2014Modern spins on Classic Italian fare. Delicious and friendly service. Restaurant is quite small-- reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Everything was great from the salad to entrees. Only negative was too noisy for my elderly mother to be able to hear.Special Features:
- We're Never DisappointedVanessaDined on 3/7/2014We had family coming in from out of town and were looking for a place we could count on for good food and selection. We weren't disappointed. We had to wait a while to get seated even with reservations but once we got to our table the experience was great. Our guests ordered the Red Snapper piccata and loved it. My husband ordered the Sausage Ziti and was planning to eat half and take the rest home. He couldn't stop eating it because it was so delicious and finished the ample dish. I am gluten free and was able to order the Chicken Parmisan with Gluten free pasta. I LOVE Maretti's red sauce--just a tad spicy but not hot. Delicious! Everyone enjoyed their meal, the excellent service, and the ambiance. The wine list had some nice wines, too.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencebobcatbenDined on 3/4/2014Food, Service, ambiance.... I am hard to please, and i left with a smile from ear to earSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.