3607 Trousdale Park Way, Ronald Tutor Campus Center at USC
Los Angeles, CA 90089Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moretonfig.com/
- Phone: 2138213441x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Small Plates Menu: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (Moreton Fig Patio Only)
Dinner: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Guests can park on campus for a refundable $10.00 in any of the parking structures. Parking Structure A located at Gate #1 has the most direct route to Moreton Fig and is located off Exposition and Watt Way. In order to be reimbursed, please present your stamped dining receipt from Moreton Fig to the gate attendant to reclaim the $10.00. *Please note, validated parking is not available for game days or special events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Koenigsberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for your interest in Moreton Fig on the University of Southern California campus.
Currently we have one private dining room available with a capacity for 12 people. If you need space for a larger group please contact us directly for more information on private dining opportunities.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Bosch 2138213486x
- Cross Street: Figueroa & Exposition
- Public Transit: Take the USC (UPC) shuttle from Union Station and exit the 2nd stop which is McClintock. Head down Trousdale Parkway and we are located on the right side just past Childs Way.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Guests can park on campus for a refundable $10.00 in any of the parking structures. Parking Structure A located at Gate #1 has the most direct route to Moreton Fig and is located off Exposition and Watt Way. In order to be reimbursed, please present your stamped dining receipt from Moreton Fig to the gate attendant to reclaim the $10.00. *Please note, validated parking is not available for game days or special events.
A word from Moreton Fig
Moreton Fig is a unique USC Hospitality concept located in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center. The stylish, vibrant restaurant features an open kitchen, full bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio anchored by USC's historic Moreton Bay Fig Trees. The menu focuses on seasonal and market driven cuisine with options to suit students, faculty, administrators and the public alike.Continued
Moreton Fig is currently open for Lunch and Dinner service Monday thru Friday.
Moreton Fig is currently open for Lunch and Dinner service Monday thru Friday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moreton Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Good lunch to be had here …PatrickLDined on 9/17/2014Great place for a long talk over lunch … great and imaginative food, ample portions agreeably served, personable service, good ambience and then there's that tree … an interesting talking point and the source of the restaurant's odd name … highly recommended for a quality working lunch while on the USC Campus …Special Features:
- Lovely Spot on Campus!HollyLAVIPDined on 8/12/2014Diner's, it was supposed to be a quick lunch on our way to a football event. As usual the service was friendly and accommodating. Dining under the fig tree is just so cool. Only disappointment is that there aren't any gluten free choices on the menu (there have been in the past). The food here is fancy and the portions are small, but I have always enjoyed whatever I've ordered- I've eaten here about 6 times.Special Features:
- Lunch at Moreton Fig RestaurantrmostellDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I decided to dine there because I wanted to take pictures of the fabulous Moreton Bay Fig tree in front of the restaurant. The food was great, the service was great, and the atmosphere was fantastic. They are little pricey for campus fare and not something the ordinary student would select for a daily meal. Yes, I got some great photos of the Moreton Bay Fig tree, one of the largest in California.Special Features:
- perfect accommodationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014While they didn't have any vegan dish in their menu, the chef accommodated by making a wonderful vegan quinoa dish. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Tired MenuLuncherDined on 7/14/2014Moreton Fig has terrific service and a lovely patio under the trees. However, the menu is limited. If you're not a carnivore, you've got maybe 2 choices and for those of us on campus who are remanded to MF, this menu gets old VERY fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an upscale lunchShaneDined on 7/11/2014The food, ambience, and service were impeccable. A great place for a nice sit-down lunch.
- Weekly Summer SpecialsShaneDined on 6/13/2014Looking forward to going at least once a week with the new specials. Hopefully they update the online menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Moreton Fig reviews archive.
- High quality and convenienceedenlowryDined on 5/2/2014How wonderful to have a full-fledged restaurant with beautiful patio right on the campus of USC. The service was terrific. We were in a hurry and they accomodated us beautifully. The food is excellent, and there's a first-rate wine list.Special Features:
- Great Outside/Patio DiningluvpatiodiningDined on 4/15/2014It was a beautiful day - and sitting out in the Moreton Fig Patio was simply wonderful! Great food and wonderful ambiance - what more can you ask for in the middle of the day?Special Features:
- Great food/fantastic serviceClaireDined on 4/11/2014Very positive experience- food and wine were delicious, and the server was extremely friendly. I highly recommend the "fig meets pig" appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewfne2014Dined on 3/28/2014Very slow service even for dishes such as salads and sandwiches. Trying to pay also at the end was hard as we could not find a waiter easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!StuzlVIPDined on 3/25/2014Wonderful food! Newr Tommy Trojan on USC campus. . . Look for lime green umbrellas ...Special Features:
- Small plates & dinner at Morton FigLBnLADined on 3/25/2014We arrived at 4:00 pm for small plates & shared a bottle of chardonnay on the patio. I ordered the mac & cheese with bacon & jalapenos. Didn't really care for the taste it seemed rather bland with a gritty after taste of ground bacon bits. My friend had the kale salad which was decent. We stated out on the patio & the service was exceptional, Our waiter & the staff were very courteous & accommodating. About 5:00 pm we moved inside for dinner, we both had the New York steaks, my friend had to send the 1st steak back because of the grissel which made the steak very chewy (almost lilke gum). I ordered my steak to go & reheated it later. The mashed potatoes & the mushroom sauce accompaning the steak were excellent. The asparagus was also tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Close to MuseumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014This is an upscale, nice restaurant with a wonderful selection of food. The service was pleasant and food tasty. However, this is on a college campus and is a bit tricky to find. Make sure to get good directions ahead of time.Special Features:
- My Favorite Lunch PlaceShaneDined on 3/13/2014The service is always excellent, even when extremely busy, as it was this visit. If you cannot get your servers attention, there is always someone willing to assist. Even management has delivered bread to the table. Love this place, keep up the excellent job.Special Features:
- great healthy optionsMexquisiteDined on 3/12/2014My recent trip was a pleasant surprise! In the past, the items have been too rich for me, almost too oily. Although the menu is small, there is something for everyone. The salmon quinoa salad and mushroom soup was flavorful and definitely recommend. Attentive service, too
- Need to improve foodwineNdineDined on 2/28/2014The ambiance and service are quite good. But Moreton Fig needs to improve their food big time, if they are to justify the price. Some simple items (e.g., burger) is not too bad, but when it comes to the more sophisticated menu items, I can see that the chef is confused. The tastes simply do not come together. And their daily soups are usually too salty. I love the location of the restaurant, so please do something about your kitchen.
- Service was greatDeliciousDined on 2/24/2014We held an interview over lunch and the staff was very helpful in putting us in a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usc campus restaurantonthespotDined on 2/21/2014This was the first time at this USC campus setting. What a wonderful surprise. ALL was excellent for an outdoor luncheon. Will go there again next trip to see the Trojans. So glad to know it exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on USC campusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Open to the general public even though it is located on the south side of the University of Southern California campus, this is a great place for a business or special lunch. Ambiance is similar to any fine restaurant. Service is great, staff very friendly and competent, there are nice food selections, and good wine options. Reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce place for a break or a partyCeceDined on 12/5/2013Moreton Fig on the USC campus is a welcome relief to the other restaurants on or near campus, giving the diner excellent food with a bit more formal atmosphere than the nearby restaurants. It is a completely pleasant experience on campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2013Food was well prepared (smoked salmon). The waitstaff could have saved everyone time by letting us know the specials ahead of time. As this was a business lunch, the waitstaff was efficient and stayed in "the background" giving us time to talk. At first, we felt it was a bit "too loud", but we managed to get through our business without any interruptions. I guess we were wrong because all of us felt we got out points across, had a great meal and finished in the allotted time. Excellent ambiance and decor. Impressive for guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy TimeJunekidDined on 11/16/2013It was during USC homecoming, so service was slow, even though the restaurant was not full. Nice variety of dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Overpriced, mediocre foodLilyDined on 10/28/2013It's only marginally ok if you work on USC campus. Service is very, very slow and the food is not always fresh. Very limited menu. The only positive is the decor - it is a very pretty spot and beautifully decorated.
- Great LocationJohnDined on 10/25/2013Located in the middle of USC's Campus, this restaurant is very convenient to have dinner with your USC student. The entree selection is small (about 6) but they have quite a few appetizers and side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- USC parents weekendjrcossDined on 10/24/2013Exceptional meal and great value, too. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a reservation for 11:00.YouknowwhoDined on 10/21/2013I had a reservation for 11:00. Showed up on time. Staff still in a meeting. Once seated we indicated we were on a short schedule--asked waitress for suggestions for "easy to prepare" items. Our food did not arrive until 11:30. I cannot understand why it takes so long to prepare a salad.
- Great for meeting up w/USC friendsM5wifeVIPDined on 9/21/2013We are on campus 2-3 times a week for work, sometimes more, and didn't even know this place existed until about a month ago, when someone we work with walked us over for Friday after-hours drinks... it has become a weekly thing for us. The food is really good and the mixed drinks are awesome... Game day is tricky because they are so busy & we got the last 2 Trojan Mary's (sold out of them for game day brunch by 11 am), which is part of the reason we made reservations there... But we made do w/ our usual favorites for the next round. I'm sure I would give them higher scores on a normal day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Give Five FigsnonniedonnieDined on 9/21/2013The entire dining experience for the the last two home games has been terrific. I love the fig tree and the outside. The bar and the inside are inviting, too. I enjoyed both the caesar salad and bleu cheeseburger. The Gainey Chardonnay was excellent. Your staff is the best! Your main hostess was friendly and professional (I don't know her name). There are three staff members whose names I do know and they should be praised for their excellent service. They are Cornell, Robbie and Lisa. All were professional, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, witty, fun and added greatly to the dining experience. All three should be given raises immediately!!! I will definitely be returning with fellow-fans in the future! Fight On!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for USC EatingschnittmanDined on 9/12/2013If you need a place for guests while at USC, then this is it. With a bar, an outdoor seating area, and very attentive help, you can have your delicious food (I had a great Caesar Salad) stress free and out if the roar if the student food areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately the wait forTrojanEngDined on 9/12/2013Unfortunately the wait for the soup and salads we ordered was way too long. Even if the restaurant is full, which it wasnt, the kitchen should be able to serve the food quickly.
- Nice spot on USC campus. CourteousBobbyDDined on 9/7/2013Nice spot on USC campus. Courteous wait staff.' Service pretty good despite game day crowd, food tasty but portions minuscule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre game eating @ USCMsfoodieDined on 9/7/2013They take reservations, food is great and a friendly staff. Service on the slow side. Simple menu with limited choices but very upscale. Burgers...chicken, beef, and veggie. Salads, etc. Best french fries! Right on the USC Campus so great to walk around or go to the Book Store before a football game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013The food was better this time and the music was not as loud as in previous visits. The service was more attentive and everyone was friendly and gave us everything we asked for. Hopefully, everything will stay the same!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance on USC campuswillieboscoDined on 8/26/2013The best spot right around USC for a casual lunch. Faculty, students, parents and others. Outside is under two majestic Moreton fig trees (like banyans) - giant and provide full shade. Set amongst the older architecture of the campus. Can watch the hustle of campus while being set apart from it just enough. Pricey but very good. Burgers and salads are excellent. Also great for the happy hour time period - relaxing in the earliest of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape at USCsimplepleasuresDined on 8/26/2013High-end lunch-break at college? You bet! I always sit on the fig-tree-draped patio - smack in the middle of the SC campus - and forget where I am and that I have anything else to do but relax and enjoy a to-die-for Bacon & Burrata sandwich, a lovely fresh salad and an excellent glass of wine. Parking takes time and planning, but it's free if you tell them at the kiosk going in, and show your receipt going out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionTHaysDined on 8/15/2013I attended with a business associate and some clients for a celebratory lunch. I was very impressed with my overall experience there. The space is very nice well designed and the service was excellent. Everyone was very impressed by the food and drink that they ordered. We were too full to sample their dessert menu. I recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- Out of everythingPaulgDined on 7/25/2013Our waitress was so embarrassed about the fact that almost everything I asked for was not available . We are talking about items on the so called summer menu here which, as it happens, changes quite often. She felt so mortified about it that she send the bus boy over to pick up the check. At least they comped something I don't recall exactly what or how much , but come on MF , this was a business lunch . I will probably never set foot in here again .
- A step up at USCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013It was a first visit. Difficult to find because there isn't much campus restaurant signage. The people we asked for directions were very helpful. I would recommend it for people who want something more than fast food on the USC campus. There is a variety of creative offerings. Couldn't try them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2013Brunch menu was on the website but unavailable when we arrived. Same old overlooked, overpriced faire. Make it right!