3607 Trousdale Park Way, Ronald Tutor Campus Center at USC
Los Angeles, CA 90089Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moretonfig.com/
- Phone: (213) 821-3441
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Small Plates Menu: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (Moreton Fig Patio Only)
Dinner: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Guests can park on campus for a refundable $10.00 in any of the parking structures. Parking Structure A located at Gate #1 has the most direct route to Moreton Fig and is located off Exposition and Watt Way. In order to be reimbursed, please present your stamped dining receipt from Moreton Fig to the gate attendant to reclaim the $10.00. *Please note, validated parking is not available for game days or special events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim McDowell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for your interest in Moreton Fig on the University of Southern California campus.
Currently we have one private dining room available with a capacity for 12 people. If you need space for a larger group please contact us directly for more information on private dining opportunities.
- Private Party Contact: David Burrola 2138213486x
- Cross Street: Figueroa & Exposition
- Public Transit: Take the USC (UPC) shuttle from Union Station and exit the 2nd stop which is McClintock. Head down Trousdale Parkway and we are located on the right side just past Childs Way.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Guests can park on campus for a refundable $10.00 in any of the parking structures. Parking Structure A located at Gate #1 has the most direct route to Moreton Fig and is located off Exposition and Watt Way. In order to be reimbursed, please present your stamped dining receipt from Moreton Fig to the gate attendant to reclaim the $10.00. *Please note, validated parking is not available for game days or special events.
A word from Moreton Fig
Moreton Fig is a unique USC Hospitality concept located in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center. The stylish, vibrant restaurant features an open kitchen, full bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio anchored by USC's historic Moreton Bay Fig Trees. The menu focuses on seasonal and market driven cuisine with options to suit students, faculty, administrators and the public alike.Continued
Moreton Fig is currently open for Lunch and Dinner service Monday thru Friday.
Moreton Fig is currently open for Lunch and Dinner service Monday thru Friday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Moreton Fig - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Moreton Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Moreton FigOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Great food and great outdoor dining. However, service is slow and inattentive. Our table was not recognized until about 10-15 minutes after we waved someone down. The person we waved down was not our server and you can tell she was taking care a lot of tables. However, our actual server came about 25 minutes into our dining service and asked if we had been helped. They took so long recognizing us that a friend and I went to the bar and got a drink from there because it was faster. Very interesting. It was not a busy day at all. Food was great and so were the drinks. Just need to work on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Within USC CampusLikesFoodVIPDined on 11/14/2014It was TfW and we were visiting our daughter. During lunchtime, I dccided to try this restaurant as it is located inside campus. It was nice to chill alone with great lunch food. Knowing that I was out of town, my server went all out to please.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014this is the best place to eat on the USC campus or in that areaSpecial Features:
- Slow but good kitchenDrJerryDined on 11/7/2014Given that this restaurant is on the USC campus and that it specializes in lunches, they need to provide faster food preparation. I had lunch there twice last week and had to wait more than 20 minutes after ordering for the meal to arrive. This is fine for a leisurely meal but I believe that most people in an academic setting don't have that kind of time. Mind you, the food is usually very good, and the servers are great. The kitchen perhaps needs more staff. Note: I am not arguing for fast food, just more efficient cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but overpricedPRtheCookVIPDined on 11/7/2014The ingredients were fresh but the Greek salad was tiny for almost $15. Try a different dish.
- Diva ChefmsmarlynDined on 10/18/2014We've eaten at Moreton Fig many times since it opened, usually on a football game day.The menu is always somewhat limited, and I understand why: an intense rush of people for 2-3 hours before game time.A few weeks ago I asked if they could leave the bacon off my sandwich, (I'm probably the only person in the world who dislikes it) but was told that New Chef didn't allow any changes, so I picked the bacon off the sandwich; not only messy but wasteful. This past weekend, my husband asked for cheese on his burger, and was told that it would take too much time (!?).Even server was astonished, and spoke to New Chef about it.Eventually his wish was granted, but there shouldn't have been a problem.Special Features:
- great location!KellyDined on 10/4/2014On USC campus...great location on game days especially. Waitress was extremely nice and helpful and so was the hostess. Food was wonderful....especially the cocktails! Creative and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/3/2014The salmon was an extremely small portion for the price. The short ribs were so disappointing. They were very overcooked and were unbelievably tough. The flavors were adequate. I would never go there again.
- Moreton Fig at USCfightonDined on 10/3/2014food was ok, but portions were small and prices excessive
- Terrible ServicetroygirlDined on 9/27/2014Waited an hour for food to arrive & the only items ordered were a Shrimp Louie sandwich & a burger! Have eaten here many times & the food is always good but service is too slow & disorganization abounds. 2nd time they've run out of prime rib or an item on the menu. There is no excuse & a change in management is definitely needed ASAP. Too bad because this restaurant is located on the USC campus & should be a "gold mine" if somebody would take charge. On a positive note, the bar area (though small in size) serves very good drinks for the price & always has great bartenders. Perhaps the bartenders should "run" the kitchen also. A buffet format would work better especially on game days. Due to long wait= late to game. Meal should be comped.Special Features:
- Slow service - great foodValerieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Had to hunt someone down to request one refill of ice tea, requested our check twice from people not our server. It appears they have it organized so servers do not serve a section so they are running all over the restaurant and not walking by you to check on you. We were asked how our meal was when it was done - not shortly after to see if we needed anything else. Food was great as always but the service was way too slow for a business lunch.
- Good lunch to be had here …PatrickLDined on 9/17/2014Great place for a long talk over lunch … great and imaginative food, ample portions agreeably served, personable service, good ambience and then there's that tree … an interesting talking point and the source of the restaurant's odd name … highly recommended for a quality working lunch while on the USC Campus …Special Features:
- Great place for visitorsProfandPresDined on 9/11/2014My nephew, a student at USC, suggested we have dinner here, since neither of us had a car. It was very quiet. Our server was somewhat elusive, and it seemed a long time for food to arrive, despite there being only 3 tables occupied. I would definitely dine here again; its great to support the education of future hospitality professionals as well as enjoy well-prepared food.Special Features:
- Lovely Spot on Campus!HollyLAVIPDined on 8/12/2014Diner's, it was supposed to be a quick lunch on our way to a football event. As usual the service was friendly and accommodating. Dining under the fig tree is just so cool. Only disappointment is that there aren't any gluten free choices on the menu (there have been in the past). The food here is fancy and the portions are small, but I have always enjoyed whatever I've ordered- I've eaten here about 6 times.Special Features:
- The following 206 reviews are from the Moreton Fig reviews archive.
- Lunch at Moreton Fig RestaurantrmostellDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I decided to dine there because I wanted to take pictures of the fabulous Moreton Bay Fig tree in front of the restaurant. The food was great, the service was great, and the atmosphere was fantastic. They are little pricey for campus fare and not something the ordinary student would select for a daily meal. Yes, I got some great photos of the Moreton Bay Fig tree, one of the largest in California.Special Features:
- perfect accommodationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014While they didn't have any vegan dish in their menu, the chef accommodated by making a wonderful vegan quinoa dish. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Tired MenuLuncherDined on 7/14/2014Moreton Fig has terrific service and a lovely patio under the trees. However, the menu is limited. If you're not a carnivore, you've got maybe 2 choices and for those of us on campus who are remanded to MF, this menu gets old VERY fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an upscale lunchShaneDined on 7/11/2014The food, ambience, and service were impeccable. A great place for a nice sit-down lunch.
- Weekly Summer SpecialsShaneDined on 6/13/2014Looking forward to going at least once a week with the new specials. Hopefully they update the online menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality and convenienceedenlowryDined on 5/2/2014How wonderful to have a full-fledged restaurant with beautiful patio right on the campus of USC. The service was terrific. We were in a hurry and they accomodated us beautifully. The food is excellent, and there's a first-rate wine list.Special Features:
- Great Outside/Patio DiningluvpatiodiningDined on 4/15/2014It was a beautiful day - and sitting out in the Moreton Fig Patio was simply wonderful! Great food and wonderful ambiance - what more can you ask for in the middle of the day?Special Features:
- Great food/fantastic serviceClaireDined on 4/11/2014Very positive experience- food and wine were delicious, and the server was extremely friendly. I highly recommend the "fig meets pig" appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewfne2014Dined on 3/28/2014Very slow service even for dishes such as salads and sandwiches. Trying to pay also at the end was hard as we could not find a waiter easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!StuzlVIPDined on 3/25/2014Wonderful food! Newr Tommy Trojan on USC campus. . . Look for lime green umbrellas ...Special Features:
- Small plates & dinner at Morton FigLBnLADined on 3/25/2014We arrived at 4:00 pm for small plates & shared a bottle of chardonnay on the patio. I ordered the mac & cheese with bacon & jalapenos. Didn't really care for the taste it seemed rather bland with a gritty after taste of ground bacon bits. My friend had the kale salad which was decent. We stated out on the patio & the service was exceptional, Our waiter & the staff were very courteous & accommodating. About 5:00 pm we moved inside for dinner, we both had the New York steaks, my friend had to send the 1st steak back because of the grissel which made the steak very chewy (almost lilke gum). I ordered my steak to go & reheated it later. The mashed potatoes & the mushroom sauce accompaning the steak were excellent. The asparagus was also tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Close to MuseumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014This is an upscale, nice restaurant with a wonderful selection of food. The service was pleasant and food tasty. However, this is on a college campus and is a bit tricky to find. Make sure to get good directions ahead of time.Special Features:
- My Favorite Lunch PlaceShaneDined on 3/13/2014The service is always excellent, even when extremely busy, as it was this visit. If you cannot get your servers attention, there is always someone willing to assist. Even management has delivered bread to the table. Love this place, keep up the excellent job.Special Features:
- great healthy optionsMexquisiteDined on 3/12/2014My recent trip was a pleasant surprise! In the past, the items have been too rich for me, almost too oily. Although the menu is small, there is something for everyone. The salmon quinoa salad and mushroom soup was flavorful and definitely recommend. Attentive service, too
- Need to improve foodwineNdineVIPDined on 2/28/2014The ambiance and service are quite good. But Moreton Fig needs to improve their food big time, if they are to justify the price. Some simple items (e.g., burger) is not too bad, but when it comes to the more sophisticated menu items, I can see that the chef is confused. The tastes simply do not come together. And their daily soups are usually too salty. I love the location of the restaurant, so please do something about your kitchen.
- Service was greatDeliciousDined on 2/24/2014We held an interview over lunch and the staff was very helpful in putting us in a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usc campus restaurantonthespotDined on 2/21/2014This was the first time at this USC campus setting. What a wonderful surprise. ALL was excellent for an outdoor luncheon. Will go there again next trip to see the Trojans. So glad to know it exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on USC campusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Open to the general public even though it is located on the south side of the University of Southern California campus, this is a great place for a business or special lunch. Ambiance is similar to any fine restaurant. Service is great, staff very friendly and competent, there are nice food selections, and good wine options. Reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce place for a break or a partyCeceDined on 12/5/2013Moreton Fig on the USC campus is a welcome relief to the other restaurants on or near campus, giving the diner excellent food with a bit more formal atmosphere than the nearby restaurants. It is a completely pleasant experience on campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2013Food was well prepared (smoked salmon). The waitstaff could have saved everyone time by letting us know the specials ahead of time. As this was a business lunch, the waitstaff was efficient and stayed in "the background" giving us time to talk. At first, we felt it was a bit "too loud", but we managed to get through our business without any interruptions. I guess we were wrong because all of us felt we got out points across, had a great meal and finished in the allotted time. Excellent ambiance and decor. Impressive for guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy TimeJunekidDined on 11/16/2013It was during USC homecoming, so service was slow, even though the restaurant was not full. Nice variety of dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Overpriced, mediocre foodLilyDined on 10/28/2013It's only marginally ok if you work on USC campus. Service is very, very slow and the food is not always fresh. Very limited menu. The only positive is the decor - it is a very pretty spot and beautifully decorated.
- Great LocationJohnDined on 10/25/2013Located in the middle of USC's Campus, this restaurant is very convenient to have dinner with your USC student. The entree selection is small (about 6) but they have quite a few appetizers and side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- USC parents weekendjrcossDined on 10/24/2013Exceptional meal and great value, too. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a reservation for 11:00.YouknowwhoDined on 10/21/2013I had a reservation for 11:00. Showed up on time. Staff still in a meeting. Once seated we indicated we were on a short schedule--asked waitress for suggestions for "easy to prepare" items. Our food did not arrive until 11:30. I cannot understand why it takes so long to prepare a salad.
- Great for meeting up w/USC friendsM5wifeVIPDined on 9/21/2013We are on campus 2-3 times a week for work, sometimes more, and didn't even know this place existed until about a month ago, when someone we work with walked us over for Friday after-hours drinks... it has become a weekly thing for us. The food is really good and the mixed drinks are awesome... Game day is tricky because they are so busy & we got the last 2 Trojan Mary's (sold out of them for game day brunch by 11 am), which is part of the reason we made reservations there... But we made do w/ our usual favorites for the next round. I'm sure I would give them higher scores on a normal day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.