Morels Steakhouse & Bistro - Las Vegas
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Morels Steakhouse & Bistro - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morelslv.com/
- Phone: 7026076333
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday Breakfast: 8a.m. – 11a.m. Lunch: 11a.m. - 3p.m. Dinner: 3p.m. - 11p.m. Friday Breakfast: 8a.m. – 11a.m. Lunch: 11a.m. - 3p.m. Dinner: 3p.m. - 12a.m. Saturday Brunch: 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. Dinner: 3p.m. – 12a.m. Sunday Brunch: 8a.m.- 3p.m. Dinner: 3p.m. – 10p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: JL Carrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available
- Entertainment: Situated at the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Spring Mountain with views of The Strip, the volcano at Mirage, and The Pirate Show of the TI.
A word from Morels Steakhouse & Bistro - Las Vegas
Located on Las Vegas Blvd dine on the exciting outdoor patio with views up-and-down The Strip or in the restaurants natural sunlit dining room. Sample three different varieties of salt on a delicious 30 day dry aged Prime steak served with savory frites and housemade sauces, or get advice from the cheese specialist on over 60 farmhouse cheeses'. Enjoy wine or cocktails in the sexy lounge under the three-bay vaulted ceiling with curved beams and Italian glass bubble chandelier. Whether in the lounge or in the dining room guests' can enjoy a handcrafted cocktail signature to Morels only! Or sample from the restaurant's 80 wines by-the-glass which are dispensed from an advanced European wine system. The wine list will focus on boutique California and French selections with deep vintages and verticals flights not found any where else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morels Steakhouse & Bistro - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (23)romantic (23)scenic view (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Not good anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Took 15 minutes for a waiter to appear at the table. He did not know much. Only item that was good was the steak. There are lots of other places that have the whole package along with a great steak in Vegas for this price range. Morel's was recommended and I will not pass on the recommendation.
- Great find!pastaDined on 8/26/2014Such a great restaurant. I go every time I come to Vegas! If you have never been, do yourself a huge favor and go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Excellent deal for restaurant week! Generous portions and quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingTammyDined on 8/24/2014Visited as a couple for restaurant week. We were a little disappointed. There was nothing horribly wrong but for the prices, the quality just wasn't there. My date ordered the NY Steak Frite and he seriously thinks it was sirloin. He's a chef... Out of three restaurants we tried for LVRW, this was our least favorite, and I have wanted to visit for years. I wouldn't recommend it.
- Steak was deliciouskdm2009Dined on 8/16/2014Portions are generous . Steak prepared as ordered , filet and my husband had short ribs which were amazing ... Enjoyed the artichokes and Mac n cheese as sides to share , both equally goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedBewWDined on 7/27/2014At over $100 a person the food is in line with a chain. Maybe not as good. Ambience better. Suggest this place for lunch outside. Better pricing and more french appeal. Wine list is overpriced.Special Features:
- Best in Vegas!Dallysdinning1Dined on 7/26/2014Morels restaurant is by far our favorite restaurant to dine at in Vegas! Very friendly staff, with great service and amazing food! The ambiance is amazing for a great romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissFoodnutVIPDined on 7/26/2014Last time I was at Morels, which was only a couple weeks before. We were blown away, everything was fantastic and food quality was amazing! We paid $9 for french fries and it was worth it. This time however, we were dissapointed overall. From having the best fries "frites" I have ever eaten, to getting some that were reheated and of just ok quality left alot to be desired. Also the quality of my meat was ok , nothing fantastic and my wife wasn't too thrilled with the sauce flavoring of her chicken. But last time I had the french toast, which was just amazing! My wife had Seabass again, fantastic. So, I guess we had to high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat HereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Expensive over cooked lobster served by a waiter who went AWOL. I never met ice cream I didn't like --until they served 3 scoops of inedible gunk in a pastry ( after being told my wife was gluten free) Cake for 70th birthday celebration never served although ordered. Took 2 hours for them to serve us knowing we had tickets for a show. So many good and great places to eat in the hotel. Stay away from this place!
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLizlovesdineVIPDined on 7/20/2014Morels delivers superb food and service. The decor/ surroundings were beautiful. Excellent wine list. Filet Mignon to due for!!! Mist a must whether your staying at Palazzo or elsewhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To expensive- Bland foodVegasdineDined on 7/15/2014The steak and the shrimp were very bland. The sauce that was served with the steak was excellent. The service was great. For the quality of food it was to expensive.
- Wonderful Moment in Time2xchefsDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant was busy , yet quiet enough for us to enjoy our meal. It pleased my house guest immensely that the time and ingredients were carefully selected as he is a former chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Vegas.charlie8111VIPDined on 7/9/2014I can never figure out why this place, tucked quietly around the corner from the check-in desk of the Palazzo, isn't more crowded. I've eaten here on a number of occasions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have always been impressed by the quality of the food, the impeccable service and beautiful décor. This dinner was no exception. My wife chose the spring/summer special with a combination of ahi tuna appetizer, nectarine salad, bone-in New York sirloin, and profitaroles. I chose the pre-theater special (unadvertised, so you have to ask the waiter for the menu) with tuna tartar, salmon served on a bed of lentils, and a trio of crème brulees. All delicious. Service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Great placeyummybearVIPDined on 7/8/2014This was our 3rd time at this reasturant during the past several years visiting Vegas. Each time has been a very good experience. A litte pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentMeatLoverVIPDined on 7/5/2014I am a meat lover and find great restaurants that serve it wherever we travel. We have dined at Morel's at least 6 times over the past years. Each time the meal was fantastic. I wonder who they have buying their food products these days? We started with the cheese plate and that was the best part of this meal. The salads were bitter as if the greens were past expiration. My bone-in filet was fibrous and the most chewy piece of meat I have ever eaten. My knife couldn't even cut through this piece of meat. My wife's NY steak was cooked medium rare plus and was tough as a shoe. At this price you expect the best, like we do at any other high end steakhouse. We were truly disappointed in the meal. Sorry but we decided we won't be back.
- starfishDined on 7/4/2014We like this spot for late breakfast/brunch. The made to order bloody marys are great and the food is good. Also, great coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and serviceSimonDined on 6/19/2014Great restaurant with top quality produce, great wine and cracking service - highly recommended..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch, avoid the linesCeeveeDined on 6/17/2014We came to Morels for breakfast after experiencing 30-minute lines the day before at Otto's. There was no line here, and we had the option of sitting inside or outside. We opted to eat on the terrace and had the place to ourselves. Lovely waitress, great service, and the food was excellent from the a la carte menu. I wish we'd had time to come back for dinner! I definitely recommend Morels, especially if you don't like the big crowds you normally get at the casino-based eateries.Special Features:
- Nice setting, great serviceSnoopyDined on 6/7/2014Very nice atmosphere with excellent service. Food was good, everything cooked well etc. Just wasn't anything that stood out. The classics were done very well though. Reasonable pricing for a nicer steakhouse. I would recommend going if you are close by and would like a nice, relaxed, upscale dinner. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to go back, will probably try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014Food was excellent. Served very hot which is great. The service was outstanding. As this was our first visit, our waiter, Mike P was very helpful with the menu and portion sizes. Mike's assistant was also very accommodating and had a great personality. In all, the night was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting 4 the perfect dateTommyVIPDined on 6/2/2014I quickly made a last minute reservation and I've always wanted to try out Morel's. I was greeted in a friendly and professional manner! I was then asked if I wanted to eat outside or inside for our BRUNCH! I love being outdoors and being that it is hot out in Las Vegas currently, I was hesitant. Much to my surprise, the weather out was perfect because it was partially cloudy. The ambiance was great and our waitress Brie was very nice. I brought my girlfriend here because I was treating her after hearing good news. I will definitely recommend this place for breakfast and brunch.Special Features:
- KeelyDined on 5/24/2014they have a great oyster selection and the food to great.Special Features:
- DisappointedCbreviewsDined on 5/24/2014We have dined at this restaurant before and had excellent service, but when we brought our friends we had a very different experience! We were going to a Las Vegas show so we booked an earlier reservation. Unfortunately the service was terrible that night. We waited too long to have cocktails and bread served, we had to flag someone down to get attention, however the main meal delivery was well timed. The food was delicious and well presented. However, we then waited for a long to get the bill and some of our party left early to get to the show on time. Our waitress was chatting to other people while we waited and waited. It was extremely frustrating. Unfortunately I would not recommend this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/23/2014Prices were a little over the top. Steak and Lamb were great, side items were an afterthought and for these prices I expect to be blown away by everything and I wasn't. Service was ok again not blown away. Bathroom needs more attention and get some decent soap and not just a $1.00 bottle of dial you picked up from Walgreens next door and threw out on the sink.Special Features:
- dissappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Food was not prepared as requested, sent two dinners back. When we told the waiter one the steaks was over cooked he asked my guest to show him. My steak was so tough [NY strip on bone $58] I could not eat it. However asked the waiter to package it to take home. I was embarressed in front of my guests. My bill came to over $500 [with tip]---I should have taken my guests to Inn & Out Burger instead.
- Great food, service and locationugabooVIPDined on 5/21/2014Scheduled dinner during burgerfest week. When we got there, we were told burgers only available during lunch hours. We looked everywhere and didnt see that in any ads. Anyway, our server was very helpful and asked the chef if we could have burgers, and he agreed. Burgers were awesome, very tasty and unique. I had the open face "French" and my wife had the "Mexican". They were both juicy and cooked perfectly. We opened with the olives and cheese board. The waitress suggested a cheese based on our description of what we liked and it was so yummy. Great recommendation. Overall a great meal with great service. The view from the patio is of the strip, around TI and awesome. Emeril's Stadium is below it, very loud, only negative.Special Features:
- Sunset Dining TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2014My sister and I came to Las Vegas for a long weekend to see Britney Spears, celebrate our birthdays, and honor our survivals from cancer, being hit by a car and respiratory failure since 2014 began. We settled on Morels for our splurge meal based on a number of local friends' recommendations. They were 100% correct. The food was amazing starting with the scallops in beurre blanc sauce which neither of us wanted to end and the porterhouse for 2 carved table side and served in iron skillets with various legumes. The server and his assistant added to our experience by being total delights - professional and warm. Definitely worth going to and worth returning to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/15/2014Overall food was exceptional, as usual. Table-side service was okay, but not exceptional - a little slow with very few customers.Special Features:
- Dinner with friends from out of towSandDined on 5/9/2014there is no review necessary the food was good and the service was good special ocaasion for friends from out of town nikce touch of champagne for returning guests and muffins to remind us of the brunch on sunday we did use these muffins for breakfast the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was poor service and lunchtimerngmDined on 5/7/2014The lunch menu and food was poor, service was shocking. Asked for Mayo, got mustard, asked for a tissue never arrived, asked for bill it took 15 minutes, asked for wine list got nothing, and it wasn't busy
- The following 776 reviews are from the Morels Steakhouse & Bistro - Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Best deal in townHungrygamblerDined on 5/1/2014This is one of the better restaurants in town. Recommended dishes include but are not limited to fish and chips, bone in New York steak, chilled California prawns cocktail, oyster on the half shell, Scottish salmon. Huge dinning room. Also has outdoor dinning area. A bar. Wine cellar. Usually not crowded. Good service.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014Would recommend the pre-fix menu before the show. Need to order prior to 6:00 though - excellent food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Bad customer serviceJenm88Dined on 4/26/2014You'd think being an expensive "steakhouse" if their guest is not happy with the temperature of their steak one would do anything possible to ensure they were happy, a 52$ steak, sent back twice due to it being under temperature and no compensation seems like they don't quite pride themselves on customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food/WineFun4allofusDined on 4/16/2014We had a wonderful evening at Morels. The food was excellent and the wine, which our waitress helped us pick out was wonderful. I am embarassed that I have forgotten her name, but she was a large part of the success of our meal. The bus person was also outstanding and her personality and attention to every detail to make us comfortable was outstanding. We will absolutely be returning to Morels' on our next trip to Vegas.Special Features:
- Not a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Service was friendly, but the sound of a guy hoiking ruined any ambience (spitting is ok is some countries, but for most it's gross!) The steak was good, but not $60 good. Couldn't find the wine we wanted and took a long time sorting other drinks. Gave us the lamb sauce instead of mushroom, as it was dark we couldn't tell. Probably a great place, just a bad experience for us on our first night in Vegas.
- inconsistentJames5starsDined on 4/14/2014Usually one of my favorite places in Las Vegas, this last time at a dinner for a client, the restaurant underdelivered: Poor service with food that came out in a range of temperatures....even the water changed brands half-way through the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSeafoodVIPDined on 4/7/2014Classy place with a good reception / bar area. Menue with many options but overall the steak was awesome. Great feedback by busineas partner on the ahort ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb steaks skip the soupOneHauteMomDined on 4/4/2014This was a delicious special occasion out. The steaks and my salad were perfect and the service outstanding. However, the French onion soup was mediocre at best. Be sure to make a reservation if you don't want to eat at the bar.Special Features:
- love the buratta saladrkbkVIPDined on 4/4/2014Four of us dined, we are all picky. Everyone was happy with the food. Two friends ordered the beet and goat cheese salad, very tasty with friend goat cheese ball, that was a nice touch and different. I shared burrata salad, loves that it came with arugula, very tasty dressing too. Scallops, short ribs were very good, only complaint was the salmon , my friend found it dry and it was overloaded on the plate with lentils.It was not appealing, would have been better with veggies. Attentive service, wine a bit expensive 8oz glass of wine $25. But defintely would return, steaks looked good as they passed by on a cart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They call this French?FoodieForeverVIPDined on 3/31/2014This meal was disappointing on every level. The bread for the table tasted and smelled like Pillsbury biscuits. Where is the crusty French baguette? We ordered the Fondue as an appetizer and the heat source kept going out. In addition, this too was served with the soft bread. When we questioned why it was only with bread we were told that we could have had it with vegetables for an additional cost, but they neglected to tell us we had this option and it was not listed on the menu. Both the salmon and the mussels were also disappointing. Never again!