Morel's Restaurant - Michigan
32729 Northwestern Hwy.
Farmington Hills, MI 48334Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morel's Restaurant - Michigan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morelsfarmington.com/
- Phone: 2482543840
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Monday- Friday 4 pm to 7 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: D King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Morels is available for any type of private event from 30-220 for sit down (400 walk around).
At night Morels offers three private areas as well as bar buyouts. They include the “wine room” which can serve up to 28 guests and comes with exclusive use of the Herb Garden and Patio. The Morels Board Room can can serve 20 guests with conference phones and an A/V screen.
Our bar is magnificent and can be used for groups up to 120 if the weather cooperates.
To book an event at Morels, simply call 248-254-3840 and ask for our Banquet Manager, Terry Kliza.
- Private Party Facilities: Morels is a special place for private events, be they large or small. We have multiple options for you.
Since we are a dinner only restaurant, Morels is available for any type of private event from 20 people up to 250 for sit down or 400 for a walk around. Minimum food and beverage requirements exist and vary based on the day and size of the function.
At night Morels offers three private areas as well as bar buyouts. They include the “wine room” which can serve up to 28 guests. The wine room also comes with exclusive use of the Herb Garden and Patio. The Morels Board Room can serve 20 guests and has conference phones and an audio/visual screen.
The Morels Banquet Room seats 100-120 and uses the Boardroom as a support area. The private room minimums fluctuate based on the day.
Lastly, our bar is magnificent and can be used for groups up to 120 if the weather cooperates in the spring through fall.
- Private Party Contact: Sue Romano 248-254-3840
A word from Morel's Restaurant - Michigan
Morels is a celebration of Michigan. Our wine list is the first indicator with its nice selection of local wines. The celebration continues with our Chefs menu that features Michigan ingredients in every dish and is as close to "farm to table" as any restaurant in town. All of our beers are local as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morel's Restaurant - Michigan reviews from OpenTable diners
- Alternative next visitWallyDined on 7/3/2013Happy hour at bar including special menue, and especially patio seemed to have largest number of patrons. The interior is pleasant and a quiet enviornment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service = mediocre mealLove2eatoutDined on 7/2/2013Two of us joined my husband as his cocktail was being delivered. We ordered our cocktails and couldn't believe how long it took to make and deliver them! Our appetizers came in a timely manner, but the main courses did not. And we waited an inordinate amount of time to ask for our check -- we hailed another waitperson who said she would find him, which apparently took some time. We had been to Morel's several times previously and had very nice meals. My husband's favorite dish was their flavorful flatiron steal ---- but they don't have it anymore. It was "replaced" by a more expensive cut. My fish was lukewarm, which I should have sent back, but I didn't want to delay the meal further. All in all, a big disappointment.
- Finally made it there!lauri2075Dined on 6/21/2013Although Morel's is in my neighborhood, this was our first visit. The food was great. The menu had a lot of variety and everything was fresh. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceJazzmanDined on 6/18/2013We went to Morel's for my birthday. It was a very relaxed and pleasant experience. We had the mushroom for two appetizer, which I would highly recommend. For our entree we both had salmon. Our server was attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. We I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough, but not specialjimnaderDined on 6/8/2013The mushroom soup was a standout, but everything else was what you'd expect from almost any mid-grade restaurant. Nothing was wrong or bad, it just wasn't noticeably good. We were hoping for a memorable experience, which may have been an unfair expectation,. I'm not sure where Morel's is hoping to position themselves, but I put them just above J Alexander with higher prices.
- We had heard that the foodFoddieDined on 6/2/2013We had heard that the food was not as good as the old Morels restaurant. We ordered fish and lamb and it was very good. The service was very good and the wine list on par for the entrees. We really appreciated the way mushrooms are incorporated into many of the dishes served. We will eat again at Morels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Service Staff needed!!!BrnsugartVIPDined on 5/31/2013This was the worst place I could have taken my spouse for a lunch date. The food was subpar and the service was horrible. Our server, Jonathan, did not have any personality. We didn't know his name until we recieved our bill. He never came by to ask how everything was nor did he suggest anything on the menu that was a favorite. He never smiled and forgot what we ordered when our plates arrived therefore giving us the incorrect orders. If this is what Morels constitutes as good service I think they should go back to the drawing board!
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013Our server, John, made certain that we enjoyed every part of the experience. Food and service were excellent. Ask for one of the comfortable private booths. We'll be back soon.
- Enjoyed it immencely!GregDined on 5/26/2013The service is outstanding at Morels. Shanay was very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent and I will return for more in the near future..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2013We had a group of six for a birthday celebration and everyone enjoyed their meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceLaurDined on 5/16/2013When I eat out I don't want it to be food I can cook in my kitchen. In addition to that I don't want to eat food that comes off a Cisco truck. This was real cooking with quality ingredients. There was interesting combination of ingredients as well, but they worked great together. I would highly recommend this for a business or leisure lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitDashgoldDined on 5/15/2013Four of us went to Morels to celebrate a birthday and anniversary. We were fortunate to be seated at the outdoor patio. The service was exceptional. We started with the mushroom sample for 2 which was a fungophile's dream. The entree fish was moist and tasty. All 4 of us enjoyed the evening and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Here BeforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013As always, Morels did not fail to be a great restaurant. Great service, pleasant, good food.Special Features:
- Just OkDavidDined on 5/12/2013I will have to go back and try the normal dinner service and menu to give a true rating due to the fact that the most recent visit was for Mother's Day Brunch and it was not very special. The food and service were ok and not what I would have expected from Morel's, but it was buffet style.
- AccommodatingToolongwaitVIPDined on 5/11/2013We ordered from the pre fixe menu. My wife cannot eat meat or highly seasoned food and there was no fish on the menu. The restaurant very graciously offered to prepare a whitefish entree for her. Very much appreciated. The food was excellent, particularly the mushroom strudel. Our server was right on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful, Courteous & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013We enjoyed a wonderful, prix fixe dinner recently at Morels. the evening turned out great despite the fact that we neglected to bring our certificate AND our phones! The Hostess was so generous in allowing us to use her phone to access the cert online & all went well! Everyone was helpful, courteous and the meal was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service disconnectBBQBobVIPDined on 5/7/2013We enjoyed the food - it was tasty, nicely presented, and served at the right temperature. The portions were very generous and at future visits, we would share some of the items. We were a bit surprised by wine list, the only had American wines. Unfortunately service was not up to the quality of the food and the ambiance. Our server was amateurish, He made some comments that we felt were immature and he didn't know how to serve sparking wine..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My mom and I visited MorelsPezzDined on 5/7/2013My mom and I visited Morels for lunch. This was my mom's first visit (I have been here many times). She was truly impressed by the great service and wonderful food she received. The only bad thing is that we live too far to visit as often as we like!!! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better food thanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Expected better food than experienced. Mushroom strudel was good. Risotto slightly underdone, chicken was dry, blueberry burre blanc sauce still has raw flour taste. Chocolate pot au creme was gritty.
- New waitress made severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013New waitress made several mistakes, but really not a problem as she was in training. Great Morel's mushroom soup! Salmon slightly overdone. Overall very good experience though.Special Features:
- Great afternoon lunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013The food was excellent! Our server and all other employees were very kind and prompt. I had a great time hereSpecial Features:
- Unique and DeliciousKurtDined on 4/21/2013The restaurant was not very busy when we ate there, mainly because it was a Sunday night. They do tend to be busier on other days. The menu is inventive, offering interesting and unique choices that feature local Michigan ingredients. Various kinds of mushrooms, (as in the Morel mushroom), are also prominently featured in several of the appetizers, soups and main dishes, although there was plenty of variety of choices for the non-mushroom lover too. Everything we ate was top notch too. Service was impeccable too. Our waitress was very warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. A great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef needs to go backMaryVIPDined on 4/20/2013The chef needs to go back to culinary school. Matt was a brilliant chef....I don't know what happened. One needs to start with good food and people will come back. I won't!
- Good but too pricy for weekly visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2013Food is vey good. A little pricy. more meat entrees apposed to all the fish options would have me going back regularly.. Glasses of wine could be a dollar or two cheaper. great choice of Michigan craft beer, all bottles, none on tap. special occasion place for sure, with tip spent 100 for two. that is with drinks and dessert. I little high for a weekly treat but worth checking out for that special day.Special Features:
- This is our third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2013This is our third visit to Morels. Each of our visits have been great but this was the best. We bought a prix fix dinner through Groupon abd we certainly felt that we were lucky to have such a bargain. All 4 courses were superb.Special Features:
- Excellent againDashgoldDined on 4/3/2013Always have a very good meal at Morel's. Shared the mushroom appetizer for 2, then ciopini for one and fresh halibut for the other. All fresh and perfectly served.Special Features:
- Great LunchSangriaVIPDined on 4/3/2013I took a client to lunch at Morel's and truly enjoyed the presentation of the food, delicious meal and outstanding service. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Though theopinionatedDined on 4/1/2013Excellent food. Though the waitress started out very attentive and friendly, towards the end of the meal, she was nowhere in sight. That left us with a somewhat negative impression. We have dined there before, with excellent service, however.Special Features:
- When I made reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013When I made reservations for Easter Sunday, I was not aware and/or it was not noted on the Morels Restaurant website that Easter Sunday was Buffet Style only. Not much of a choice for dinner. If you like Buffet Style Food for Holidays, then this if for you. Not me.
- The Easter buffet was outPezzDined on 3/31/2013The Easter buffet was out of this world!!! Great job!
- Good Holiday BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013I liked the food very much. The food/menu was somewhat sophisticated but still accessible which was just right for a group that included children. Everything was well seasoned. The other diners were well-dressed and friendly. Impression of the restaurant was pleasant. I would recommend it. One strange note--the server did not offer alcohol--which I could take or leave but I would have preferred a glass of wine with the really good buffet. Some people might think it a plus that the server did not push the alcohol sales.Special Features:
- The Easter Brunch was theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The Easter Brunch was the best we've ever been to! Beautiful and delicious!
- Love the Food this Chef providesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013The Chef at Morels is wonderful.... Would love to be able to eat his food everyday!! Service was just ok Will be back againSpecial Features:
- Pleasant 2 hour lunch. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013Pleasant 2 hour lunch. Attentive service. Interesting variations on classic menu items.Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The food was very good but the service left much to be desired. While the waiter was certainly competent, he injected zero personality into the service he provided and was rather transparent about prioritizing a larger table over ours once he realized we weren't ordering drinks. He seemed to perk up when we ordered dessert, but again that was more of his transparent lack of interest in patrons who don't order enough to ensure a large tip. I wish I remembered his name but his absenteeism made it difficult.
- We are 3 professional womenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013We are 3 professional women who get together to dine out in the area often. We had a wonderful overall experience and will be back again! Thank you,Special Features:
- Great for mushroom lovers..wakplatzDined on 3/16/2013Great for mushroom lovers.. soup is amazing... fish dished wonderful, Deserts looked amazing but we restrained ourselves.. very good service Will return for sure. PS mushroom risotto yumSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed a delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We enjoyed a delicious dinner from beginning to end. Service was impeccable. Our waiter was attentive, personable and very polite. He didn't rush us and we really enjoyed our dining experience at Morel's.Special Features:
- food was good and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013food was good and the service was good. The best was the mushroom tasting for twoSpecial Features:
- Angela ThompsonBrnsugartVIPDined on 3/13/2013This was our first time here since Morels had moved from the Bingham Farms location. We were please with the food as always. Charles our service was fantastic.Special Features: