Morello Italian Bistro
253 Greenwich Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Morello Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.morellobistro.com/
- Phone: 2036613443x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday - 12:00pm-4pm
Tuesday - Thursday - 4:00pm-9:00pm
Friday & Saturday - 4:00pm-10:00pm
Sunday - 4:00pm-9:00pm
CLOSED ON MONDAYS FOR JULY & AUGUST
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater your next office lunch or your next family function from Morello. Enjoy some of Morello's best dishes at home or in the office. For inquiries, please contact James Branigan @ 203-661-3443 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next planned event at Morello- Our restaurant features 3 unique event spaces and offers flexibility to host everything from birthday parties, wedding receptions to corporate luncheons and dinner meetings.
Mezzanine One: 60 Seated 85 Reception
Mezzanine Two: 45 Seated 70 Reception
Entire Bar and Restaurant: 120 Seated 300 Reception
Let our Chefs customize your event with the best of his menu creations.
Or have our expert Sommeliers pair fantastic wines with delicious food.
No matter the occasion Morello is the perfect place to enjoy a magnificent space with excellent food and wine.
- Private Party Contact: James Branigan 2036613443x
- Special Events: Book your next event at Morello. Please contact James Branigan to assist you in planning your next event @ (203) 661-3443 or email@example.com.
- Cross Street: East Elm Street
- Public Transit: Morello Italian Bistro is located 3 blocks up Greenwich Avenue from the "Greenwich" Metro-North station on the New Haven line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample parking can be found on the street and in lots behind Greenwich Avenue. Parking is metered Monday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm.
A word from Morello Italian Bistro
The posh retail district known as “The Avenue” in Greenwich Connecticut is now home to a stylish Italian restaurant and gathering place, Morello Italian Bistro. Owned by the London based restaurant group, MARC, Inc, with restaurants in London and New York, Morello Italian Bistro combines regional Italian cuisine,with exceptional wines and superior service. A familiar face, James Branigan, formerly of Terra Ristorante Italiano in Greenwich, will be looking after guests, ensuring special care and attention to detail. The bi-level space is a historic Guastavino design with domed ceilings. The décor is tastefully chic and brings together casual warmth with high energy. The large bar is a social focal point of the restaurant where creative cocktails and global wine selections can be savored.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morello Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beautiful BuildingWineNineDineDined on 9/20/2014The inside of the restaurant is very nice - high ceilings with beautiful furnishings. Relaxed atmosphere. Salad was excellent. Sandwiches were good but were a lot of bread. Pricey but probably typical for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable DinnerCoupleNSTADined on 9/17/2014Wine list is sizable and provides excellent choices from most vineyards you'd expect at a restaurant like this. Salmon Tartar was OK, seasoning could have been a bit more 'nifty' though. Spaghetti Carbonara is usually deemed to be a very easy dish to prepare - therefore in most restaurants it is most of the times very boring ... not at this place though! Very nice and right on the spot - one of the best Carbonara sauces I have ever tried ... well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceAnonymous1Dined on 9/11/2014We went as a group of 5 for drinks and dinner. The bar scene was good, bartender was friendly and attentive. When we were ready for dinner, the downstairs was a bit loud. The manager offered to have us sit upstairs that was closed, to give us some more quiet privacy. The waitress and staff were very attentive despite us being out of the way. Food was excellent. Overall, an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodBauschVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always a "no guess" experience. Consistently good food, friendly management and staff. Especially lovely on warm days with the open front if you're sitting in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MorelosCJK123Dined on 9/6/2014Overall a very good dining experience. Food was good. We had an upstairs table overlooking Greenwich Avenue. Service was efficient but a little bit rushed. For example, as the appetizer plates were being cleared from our table, the main course was immediately served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseMadhatter22Dined on 8/15/2014Just a chance from Open Table turned this into a spot we will return to when we are in Greenwich next. Tremendous wine list and creative menu.Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesPeterMVIPDined on 8/6/2014Never disappointed with the food or friendly service. Have recommended Morello to others a number of times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I have eaten at Morello several times but only once have the cooking and service risen above the ordinary. This time, we had braised beef ravioli in a butter sauce, passable but not exciting. Service was indifferent, par for the course here.
- Not up to usual standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/2/2014Last time I ate there, about half the people in the group were disappointed. I've been there often, and this was not the usual level of food I have come to expect. The salads were ordinary, and the chicken nothing special. Fortunately, it's been much better in the past. If I have another meal like this one, I will cross it off my list, as the prices are too high for food that is only average.
- Morello BistroReviewDined on 7/31/2014I thought the food and atmosphere of the restaurant were very good.
- Wine disappointingCustomerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Wine List generally OK, but devoid of good Californias like BV Tapestry, BV Georges La Tour, Hewitt, Provenance, Sterling Reserve Cab, Rosenblum Reserve zinfandels, Acacia, Chalone....food too good to not have these wines on the wine list, which are affordable AND available even from a wholesaler who doesn't give you very good wine service. DEMAND BETTER WINE SERVICE FROM YOUR DISTRIBUTOR AND YOU WILL GET IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful Room to EnjoyStrategiesVIPDined on 6/27/2014Morello is an attractive and well run restaurant, located in the heart of the Greenwich retail district. The food ranges from good to very good, depending on the item and when you visit.Special Features:
- Food quality poor.Emma5galenDined on 6/27/2014The food quality has gone down hill. Food ordered rare came well done. One pasta dish was tasteless and the other looked reheated. Servers were very friendly, but the food was not good and the place was exceptionally noisy despite being only a sixth full. I would not go back again for dinner but would go back for lunch if I was only interested in a salad.Special Features:
- Reliable and never boringRedheadDined on 6/22/2014We love Morello. The food is excellent and the chef is always willing to accommodate special dietary needs without sacrificing taste. The waitstaff is attentive, gracious, and helpful. Despite the high ceilings, and the crowded nature of the restaurant, the acoustics always have permitted us to have a conversation without yelling. We stay away from the bar area, which is always more densely populated and louder, but this is a restaurant where there seems to be something for everyone. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Food not up to par...InesDined on 6/21/2014Two in our group had the lamb chops which we had ordered medium. They arrived close to rare, there were gobs and gobs of fat on the chops, the plate was cold, the food was luke warm and the sides (a dab of cold polenta, more gobs of fat in the form of Pancetta which was not properly cooked, some peas and a few morels) left something to be desired and very extremely sparse. Not going back any time soon. Very disappointed... Definitely not what I had in mind for a birthday dinner.
- poor choice for high priced foodBruceVIPDined on 6/13/2014Morello Bistro thinks that Bistro means tasteless food, reheated for serving, in very small portions and that Bistro means no tablecloths, although prices are very high. The kitchen was very slow, although there were few dining customers, as most were at the very noisy bar.Special Features:
- Solid and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/12/2014Nothing really to blow you away here but this was a perfectly pleasant meal in a good setting. The prices weren't too crazy (rare for Greenwich) and the staff were very pleasant (even rarer for Greenwich). Definitely one of the better and more reliable options on Greenwich Ave.
- Expensive wineKayoDined on 6/12/2014Wine markup is much too high. Even ordinary wines are priced four times retail.
- The following 333 reviews are from the Morello Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- LocalVIPDined on 6/1/2014We really enjoyed our lunch there recently. All five of us were impressed with our food choices and the service was fast and friendly. We did not feel forgotten or ignored - a concern given the other posts. We were pleasantly surprised. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- jeanneDined on 5/24/2014The food was salty and my husband's chicken was overcooked. The most disappointing part was the the service. Snarky and lacking. The staff acted as if they were doing us a favor. What a waste of time and money. we used to go here all the time, but the last two times were bad.
- UnimpressiveFairfieldCountyFoodieDined on 5/18/2014I don't see this place staying in business as is. Ambience of a cheap hotel bar restaurant trying hard to have some "edge", lackluster service, and inedibly undercooked salmon served to a child, unsafe. We had asked for it to be cooked opaque through. Came out like sushi. Other dishes were not great. Left a lot on the plates. Would not come back, you're better off at Terra (and I have no personal connection there.)
- TerribleGreenwichDinerDined on 5/11/2014Not only was the service terrible, but the food was completely overcooked and lacking flavor. I will never visit this restaurant again. It is a shame because they have good ambience but the food and service killed it.
- Everything okcocolocoVIPDined on 5/10/2014Ok food with good service. Really appreciated wait person running down the street after me to give me my credit card.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Was excellent. Food was delicious. I had the mushroom pappardelle- it was fantastic. The restaurant is beautiful but it was very loud. That was my only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lizzygirl1234VIPDined on 5/10/2014This is a really pretty restaurant on a gorgeous main street in Greenwich. Ask for a view by the window upstairs and you won't be disappointed. It was a busy Saturday night so don't expect perfection when it comes to service but the atmosphere was fun and the food was good. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Been There Done ThatPeterMVIPDined on 5/5/2014Morello's is a place we like to go to and so, always feel this is a good choice. A slow night after a busy weekend, perfect spot to decompress. The wait staff is attentive without being obtrusive. There was a large gathering at the bar, appeared to be an extended family group and their exuberance increased the volume to an extreme. Not our usual experience noise level wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneFloeyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Late dinner on a Saturday night after a local performance accompanied by our star of the show, our young granddaughter. Considering the day and hour, we anticipated some discomfort but were pleasantly surprised by the great staff and attention. The menu offers a good variety of well prepared food.Special Features:
- Reliable ItalianjillieDined on 4/29/2014Enjoyed everything. Cauliflower appetizer was almost a meal in itselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable spot in GreenwichvactionmauiDined on 4/26/2014Morello is our goto spot in Greenwich. Consistently good. Great special tonight. Squid Ink pasta with shrimp an scallops. Food is always fresh and cooked to perfection.
- Welcoming, beautiful and deliciousfoodtrekDined on 4/23/2014Took a customer out to dinner. The host was warm and welcoming. The service was excellent and the food was very good. I definitely will be going again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We were looking for a sit down Easter lunch for nine people and found it. Morello's accommodated us and we didn't have to keep getting up for a buffet; perfect!Special Features:
- Definitely worth itmnoormo1VIPDined on 4/17/2014We stopped here en-route to New York from Providence. From the bread sticks to the entrées, the dishes were simply outstanding. Enthusiastic thumbs up for the Halibut poached in parchment paper with carrots, corn, zucchini and lemon juice and the bolognaise. The portions were just right i.e. not too small nor too big. An outstanding meal overall. We will definitely be returning to this location. If you're driving to New York, its well worth it to stop here for dinner and/or lunch. The
- Better than expectedDavid10546Dined on 4/12/2014Planned to meet friends for dinner. Tempered my expectations based on several online reviews. Service staff was very nice, but rather slow and not always around. The food was very good. A bit pricey, but it's Greenwich afterall. Portions were fine. Setting was very nice. Liked seeing people still there at 10:30PM when we left. I'd return.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for everyoneNicoleDined on 4/4/2014Good for families and groups, nice unpretentious restaurant, good food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good callLynnHDined on 3/14/2014Food is excellent and have a very good wine selection, even by the glass. I'm never disappointed by any of the menu selections.Special Features:
- Pretty room, great food, just go!tymelyronVIPDined on 3/1/2014Saturday night dinner, loved our calamari and especially parmesan fritters for appetizer; bucatini carbonara and garganelli bolognese were very tasty for entrees, topped off by the bomboloni for dessert. Table upstairs overlooking Greenwich Avenue was perfect, the dining room there is probably the prettiest in the area, it's always fun coming back.Special Features:
- The service was friendly andPeteandChristineDined on 2/19/2014The service was friendly and very attentive. The food was excellent and varied. We had the prosciutto & fontina fritters to start which were light, crispy and flavorful! My date had the butternut squash ravioli which was exceptional! Sweet and a little nutty with the right balance of savory. I had the four cheese faro cooked risotto style. It was creamy and flavorful. Dessert we shared the cheesecake with salted caramel. So delicious and light. the perfect ending.Special Features:
- Food was great and was neverMarcDined on 2/14/2014Food was great and was never able to empty my water glass!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotCherpDined on 1/29/2014I have been here three times in two months. Each time I am in Greenwich I drop by for the delicious lunch menu, which includes great cocktails. The tiled ceiling is amazing and by the same artisan who did Grand Central's Oyster Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor brunchMarieDined on 1/26/2014I have been to Morellos many times in the past and enjoyed it. This past Sunday was a big disappointment. The service was very slow, even to get a cup of coffee took very long. The eggs Benedict we all ordered was basically a hard boiled egg on bread. The steak was not cooked as we ordered it. I noticed the table next to us had the same issues. I mentioned it to the waitress nicely but she could have cared less. Wow what a disappointment. I will give them one more try and hope this isn't a new trend.