5951 Linea Del Cielo
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.theinnatrsf.com/dining
- Phone: (858) 381-8289
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Sun - Thurs
5:00pm - 9:30pm Fri - Sun
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm Sat - Sun
Bar: 11:30am - 10:30pm Sun - Thurs
11:30am - 11:00pm Fri - Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Todd Allison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Privacy, Attentive Service & Outstanding Cuisine. For intimate dining events, uninterrupted business dinners or special family celebrations, the Library and The Vintage Room offer the perfect mix of privacy, attentive service and outstanding cuisine. Let Chef Todd Allison create a custom multi-course meal with wine pairings for the occasion or enjoy his daily menu of California seasonal cuisine. The cozy fireside ambiance of the Library with its book-lined shelves, historic antiques and old-school charm will delight your guests, as will the tasteful art and stylish decor of The Vintage Room.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Mandler, Catering Manager 8583818205
- Entertainment: Join us every Friday and Saturday nights for well know Guitarist Bill Coleman, as he combines jazz, classical, latin and contemporary influences into a highly listenable style uniquely his own. Come and join us for a taste of Morada.
- Special Events: Engage With an Unassuming Tone of Country Comfort. Removed from distractions, The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe is your ideal destination. From 20 to 350, and from interior ranch warmth to famously manicured lawns, you’ll also enjoy perfect planning that’s as personal as it is professional.
A word from Morada
Morada restaurant takes its name from Lilian Rice’s 1923 moniker for The Inn, itself, meaning “house of many rooms.” Locally sourced California cuisine and a comfortable sophistication carry on the feel, welcoming locals and guests to gather, share old stories and fresh selections, and feel at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Morada reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)romantic (21)scenic view (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Superb service ... properly attentive. The menu is spectacular. Perfect for otrdoor dining in the early evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rancho Santa FenancyDined on 9/27/2014Lovely and charming. Great views and terrific choices for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish wasn't fresh, pooreatfreshfishDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went to dinner at Morada for the second time in six months. We ordered two separate fish entrees. One of them was not fresh. After a few bites by each of us we confirmed that something was wrong with the fish, the taste was off, like it was old. We told the waiter, who was apologized and asked us if we wanted to substitute another item. The waiter then told us they threw out all of the fish (sea bass) they had in the kitchen. I really didn't care what they did with the remaining fish. The manager never appeared at our table to apologize. We asked to see him andreviewed what happened and all he said was they threw out the fish and he was sorry. He seemed like he didn't care. We live in the area and won't go back.
- Special placelovestoeatVIPDined on 9/18/2014The decor is stunning, and the food and service are excellent too. My friend and I had lunch, and we ordered a burger and fish sandwich. The side salad was fresh and the dressing was delicious. The sandwiches were excellent too. Service was friendly and attentive. Will definitely return for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DonnaDined on 9/11/2014We found this lovely restaurant for our 4 year anniversary. It was perfect from beginning to end. The setting was so beautiful! We sat outside and enjoyed the warm night. The food was amazing! I had the sea bass and my husband ordered the filet. Both were cooked to perfection! At the end of the night I declared that this is my new favorite restaurant! Can't wait to go again soon!Special Features:
- Great place, great foodDFW4UDined on 8/25/2014We recently had the chance to return to the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe and to experience their new menu at La Morada. We had an outside table where the ambiance and view are great and always have been. In the past the food was always good but never great. What a surprise this time! I tried the meatloaf (it was "Meatloaf Monday") and my wife had the salmon. Both were superb. It's unusual when a great location also has great food. Of all the meals during our stay in San Diego, this was by far the best.Special Features:
- Ok but food below expectationsEatingwellDined on 8/24/2014Food came cold. Ordered mussels - yummy but tiny. Server was not paying attn to table. Lots of employees milling around. Felt like a typical hotel restaurant - not like Market, San Diego's best restaurant ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Nice LocationQCommVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service here can be unpolished…not at Mille Fleurs level. There are some good dishes here. Lamb and fish are usually quite good.
- Low point of our weekendNightOutVIPDined on 8/4/2014Had three nice dinners out this past weekend, Morada was definitely the low point. The items we ordered had odd flavor combos, and mediocre preparation. Disappointing and over-priced to boot!
- Wonderful Outdorr SettinghighexpectationsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Drove down to enjoy an outdoor breakfast on a beautiful Sunday morning. The setting is serene, the food very good for breakfast. The only drawback was the barking dog sitting at the table behind us. I have three dogs and love them very much, but would never think about having them join me at a restaurant. Probably won't go back for that reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stlglgSTLfanDined on 7/27/2014Morada has a lovely area for outdoor patio dining. The limited menu offered several interesting, unique and tasty items. For dessert the cobbler was delicious. The restaurant offers a comprehensive wine list at all prices and fine cocktail selections. This is an excellent addition to the Rancho Santa Fe dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spotWinendineVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our food was just delicious. In fact, our only complaint was that it took about 15 minutes for us to get any service at all, then once we ordered our wine, another 10. (Our waitress stopped & took the dinner order at the next table before turning in our wine order.) Everything else was great. We love the beautiful setting & the redo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Moradalive2eatandrinkDined on 7/17/2014Took a friend to lunch for her birthday. I had read the review after the remodel. Was not disappointed--decor is lovely--service was great and the apple dessert was one of the best desserts I have ever had! I'm looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little lackingdinerDined on 7/15/2014While the servers were very attentive and courteous when present, they were a bit slow in tending to our needs. For example, our waiter (who apologized for the delay) was slow in taking our initial cocktail order even though there were only five or six other diners in the restaurant at the time. I had to ask for my table setting area to be cleaned because of spillage even though servers had cleared the dishes and refilled water more than a couple of times (somehow, none of them noticed; but when i pointed out the problem, our server was apologetic for not cleaning the area sooner). It seems the servers were knowledgeable and acknowledged their deficits, but they had to be asked to do things that are automatically done in other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSeanVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I are blessed to eat out frequently, so it takes a lot to surprise us. Our dinner there the other night, of blue crusted flank steak and grilled diver scallops was amazing. Very complex, lots of flavors and really delicious. The staff was attentive, as usual, with recommendations that hit the spot. A special evening for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Beautiful and historic setting. The halibut was the best I'd ever ordered. Although we didn't have wine, the list was diverse and all encompassing from around the world. Our cocktails were perfect. Would definitely recommend this renovated venue. Simply fantastic!!Special Features:
- Great remodelWinendineVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love the way they have remodeled the public areas of this hotel. The former ballroom has been converted into a charming bar & restaurant, & it flows beautifully onto the outside veranda. The food was delicious, & we had a great overall experience. We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Morada reviews archive.
- A special surpriseDollfaceLVIPDined on 6/16/2014Thrilled to find this charming spot. Ordered the arugula salad (totally fresh), the tenderloin and asparagus (both were over cooked, but still good), salmon and spring veggies (perfectly cooked and delicious), Creme brûlée (best part of the meal), and apple cobbler (very good). The prices are great and the atmosphere is delightful. A lot of locals eat at this spot and I know why. I will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchtrufflesDined on 6/12/2014The Morada lunch recently couldn't have been more perfect. From the sunny delightful summer day to the exquisite lunch and attentive service. One of us had the sea bass with fried rice and was cooked and presented beautifully, as was the steak entree. Will back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014it was our first dining experience at Morada, had been hearing from friends & neighbors that the restaurant had been remodeled and food was really good. we ate in the dining room and I think next time we will try the bar or patio - nice to see doggies are allowed. The food was good especially my entrée of Chilean Sea Bass. I like the concept of being able to order your entree and aside separately. Service was excellent - we really enjoyed our server "Kieren" ??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicejohnVIPDined on 5/28/2014Service was slow. First bottle of wine was Corked. The look of the bottle should have been a clue for staff. Fish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful LunchfoodfinderDined on 5/12/2014We sat on the terrace for lunch and truly enjoyed the view overlooking the lawn and downtown area.Special Features:
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2014Drinks, dinner and dessert were all delicious. In a lovely spot and the newly renovated space is tasteful and stylish. Will definitely go back and prefer this to other local favorites like Mille Fleurs and Market!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Surprised my friend for her 60th birthday dinner, which we both enjoyed thoroughly. We usually have salmon when we go out, but we had the halibut which was excellent. I had not found a rose champayne that I liked to date, but they introduced me to the Scharffenberger Brut Rose that was wonderful. The Inn and restaurant was lovely and we could not have asked for a better server. Thank you for a wonderful experience and I look forrward to returning for another wonderful dinner and a nites stay at the Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs PolishQCommVIPDined on 4/9/2014Service and attentiveness needs a boost here…walk down the street and observe Mille Fleurs for some pointers. Some dishes can ge good.
- Morada, The Inn @ RSFPaperchaseDined on 4/7/2014The Inn is an institution. People will always go there for its unique location and history. It doesn't have to be 5-star.Special Features:
- Morada -- Surprise & Delight!xxxxDined on 3/29/2014While the food was unique, delicious, and memorable and the ambience pleasant at Morada (had been a while since I had been at the Inn), it was the service (Rob, our waiter, most of all but also the sommelier and others) that made the evening due to their friendliness, solicitousness, and knowledge. I'm spreading the word about this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodel a DissapointmentTigerDined on 3/16/2014My husband, a friend and I had Sunday brunch at Morada recently. The new decor was very depressing--overscaled, uncomfortable furniture with taupe, brown & dark gray interiors. Although the patio was sunny and inviting, the restaurant was psychologically bleak. There were few people, no apparent bar service, no music and no social zing. The menu was OK, but we all had difficulty deciding what to order since nothing appealed to us. The pressed coffee arrived tepid, although the waiter supplied a hotter batch and even warmed the cups for us, and the food nicely presented but not outstanding. Don't know what they did to the place but Julia Morgan must be rolling over in her grave.Special Features:
- I like having a leisurelyDispleasedVIPDined on 3/14/2014I like having a leisurely lunch thought the service was a little slow though and would have preferred a little faster paceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in RSFHowardBDined on 3/2/2014We enjoy quiet enjoyment of meals with friends and family at this friendly establishment often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the InnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014We thought the food was fabulous! I ordered the sea bass and a side of mushrooms with leeks. The fish was sweet and moist with a perfect texture. My husband picked the cobia dinner and as promiced the flavors worked together perfectly. They brought us the s'mores to finish our evening--a playful and yummy rich chocolate treat. We sat outside for breakfast the next morning and would recommend anything with bread or bacon. Lovely setting and attentive service.Special Features:
- Service +leweserDined on 2/24/2014Our experience at Morada was memorable.. The food was very good, but what made it special was the wonderful service we received from our waitress, Alma. She should give classes on how to wait tables and make guests feel very welcome. What a lovely night we had. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceSeanVIPDined on 2/23/2014Christopher was an excellent waiter, as were his recommendations. The fish was prepared perfectly and uniquely. Thank you Morada.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret gem in SDSDgal23VIPDined on 2/21/2014Like an upscale Vail lodge decked out in Restoration Hardware design, it was cozy and classy with unexpectedly great cuisine. Ahi tartare was perfection, as were the scallop entree and sea bass. Hidden gem in Rancho Santa Fe, absolutely worth the drive. As a former SF foodie, Morada makes it in to the small group of SD restaurants with SF-level cuisine. Will definitely be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice valentine dinnerDavethedinerVIPDined on 2/14/2014People were great and food was great -we rwLly enjoyed our time here - only thing that prevented from being outstanding was the creativity of the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicewaketim95Dined on 1/31/2014I took my wife here for date night and to honor her on her 40th birthday and announcement of her retirement. The food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Very nice and worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal.SeanVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great dishes, really great with a nice selection of several fish, beef, other choices. Amazing service from a waiter with valuable recommendations. Only negative is kids eating in the bar??Special Features:
- Morada top notchShawnEDined on 1/18/2014We thought the experience was wonderful. A great fireplace in the lobby boasts to be the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail in a cozy atmosphere. Once seated and the dinner began, our service was first rate and attentive. My wife had the scallops and I had the lamb loin. We both agreed that it was the best of each type we have had in San Diego. We will definitely frequent this restaurant in the future. Once the night temperatures heat up, this will also be great for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Food. Don't Love The DecorDaCodaDined on 12/13/2013We've been coming here for 15 years and we love the changes to the food and the service. The Inn has really upped their game with top quality dishes and a great serving staff - and could now easily be one of the top restaurants in San Diego if they keep at it. Just had their shortribs the other night and they were amazing. My husband always enjoys the burger (not on the dinner menu but you can always get it if you ask). The only thing we don't love is what they've done to the interiors of this historic little Inn. Instead of redecorating the place in the warm, elegant charm of the Ranch, it looks more like Restoration Hardware meets Texas brothel. So we usually go elsewhere for dinner, but still love to come here and sit OUTSIDE for lunch.Special Features:
- Cozy Inn with Delightful Taste!luv2eatoutDined on 11/24/2013The menu at Morada has changed with the seasons and the new flavors are just wonderful. I had a shrimp appetizer recommended by Elizabeth, our server, that was full of rich flavors and a chopped veggie base. Tomato basil soup with a little wedge of grilled cheese sandwich hit the spot. Shaved carrot and apple salad was tasty and healthy! Great hearty fall tastes with reasonable portions!Special Features: