1202 Sycamore Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://moosestavern.com/
- Phone: (848) 456-4183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Moose’s Tavern provides a large private banquet room for parties of any kind. Whether you're planning a birthday party, a corporate event, or just a casual get-together, the Moose Room is the place for you!
- Private Party Contact: Moose 8484564183
- Entertainment: Moose's Tavern hosts a variety of entertainment every Thursday night in the lounge from 8-11.
A word from Moose's Tavern
Located in the heart of Tinton Falls, NJ, Moose’s Tavern offers a delightful balance of delicious food and excellent service. We pride ourselves in serving Certified Angus Beef and 1855 brand pork, along with an array of pasta, chicken, and fish entrees. Don't forget about our one-of-a-kind salad bar! With happy hour at every hour, our high quality product won't leave your wallet empty. Moose's Tavern provides a warm, comfortable, and relaxing atmosphere with the best staff on the Jersey Shore. Come visit us and become a part of the Moose's Tavern family. "It's Everybody's Place!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moose's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great family dining experienceGunotVIPDined on 10/26/2014Moose is very welcoming and a genuinely nice guy. His banter with the kids and the trip to the kitchen so they can make their ice cream sundae is something the kids still talk about. Great portions of fresh tasty food and nice atmosphere make this a great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersJulesVIPDined on 10/25/2014This is such a feel good, friendly place. You feel like a regular every time . Turkey burgers are great here! So kid friendly. Its my 7 y/o favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit, but Not Our LastbussinessdinerDined on 10/18/2014My hubby and I are always looking for a different dining experience. I checked Opentable and found Moose's Tavern. We figured we would give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised! The menu provides a varied selection. I ordered parm. crusted chicken & my husband had a steak. Our order included the salad bar, which has a great selection of fresh items. Save room for dessert. As I couldn't make up my mind, I ordered two! The carrot cake didn't have nuts, so I was a little disappointed, but the Blondie was delicious. Our server had a great sense of humor and was very attentive. Great food and service for a budget conscious family. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decenthcubedDined on 9/7/2014Althree main courses were good. Prices were very reasonable. Cheese on the onion soup should be changed from muenster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Moose's Tavern reviews archive.
- Great value for your dollarElizabethDined on 7/5/2014Reasonable prices and good food - love the prime rib and the salad bar !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok at bestneveragain1Dined on 6/13/2014Ambiance is alful. You feel cramped and crowed even when its not busy. Bar noise is very loud. Food and prices are ok, if you like drinking out of a cup you need both hands to pick up you'll love it. Service is also ok at best. Must servers are kids. We had went here when they fist opened and our meal was free it was that bad. Really hasn't changed.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Nice menu selection, great salad bar, good service and reasonably priced. You have a choice of pub food as well as steak dinner. Would certainly visit here again.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014been here many times and the food and service is excellent!! great staff and moose is the best! very very friendly, outstanding salad bar... food is always grea.t would recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Awesome experience every time!ScottyDined on 5/19/2014We love this place, and this particular visit was my now-7-year old daughter's choice for her second consecutive birthday dinner here. We love this place, the food is incredible, and Moose himself is the best! We'll keep coming back as often as we can! Love the hellfire sauce on the wings -- keep it firey! Big fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with ColleaguesSpec1Dined on 5/15/2014Enjoyed the visit. Food was good and the atmosphere was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchHappydinerDined on 5/11/2014I was disappointed by Moose's Tavern. The food was mediocre at best. Service was fairly attentive and quick. We went for their fixed Mother's Day menu so perhaps we would have had better luck with the regular menu but the experience was bad enough that I'm not returning to find out!Special Features:
- WELL INTENTIONED, BUT...lba315VIPDined on 4/26/2014... First, the roof leaked over our table, forcing us to change tables. Secondly, our crab cakes were more breading than crab. That being said, the soups were good, as were our sides and dessert. Moose, the owner, makes a friendly presence overseeing the restaurant. In the end though, restaurants are all about the food, and the food at Moose's Tavern is mediocre. At 9:00 pm on a Saturday night the restaurant was almost empty, which is never the case in successful establishments.
- Unexpected TreatFunFindsVIPDined on 4/19/2014We stopped here with my daughter and niece on way home from a soccer game. We were the last diners and feared that the service would suffer as people were cleaning up. Nothing could be further from the truth. Someone in a Moose hat, we assume the owner, stopped by our table several times and was friendly and funny. We enjoyed our burgers and light fare and the server was very accommodating of a peanut allergy. We had so much fun. We never knew of this place, but we will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I made reservation on line, and then I called and requested a quite table for 2.. We were greeted by a nice smiling young lady, who took us over to our table, which was right in the middle of the restaurant, near the waiters station, and next to a very noisy table. Obviously no one paid attention to my special request. The waiter was very accomodating, which made up for a disappointing start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local tavernGunotVIPDined on 3/8/2014The family and I had a nice meal here. Moose himself came over to say hi, it made the kids night! I have never seen prime rib on a kids menu before but the Moose has it and my 10yr old loved it! The pork osso bucco was tender and delicious. The salad bar was fresh and had a nice assortment of fixings. The Moose Tavern has a nice, clean look. We will definitely be back! Moose took the kids back to the kitchen to make ice cream Sundays for dessert! They are still talking about that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Remember What It WasJohnDined on 2/21/2014...and realize it likely can't be that way again, but it gets the job done for a sedate meal and gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice spottweetyDined on 2/8/2014My friends and I went to the Moose's Tavern for dinner and the prices were reasonable and the wait staff was nice and very helpful. We went earlier in the evening which was the best choice because it became very crowded later on in the evening. The food was average but the ambiance was great. I think it is a nice place to go with friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Lynda32266Dined on 12/31/2013We had so much fun! The owner, Moose, is very personable and he makes everyone feel like they are VIP. Best Prime Rib in the area. Must try the Moose Chips - they are to die for!! The salad bar is clean and fresh with a nice variety. So grateful this restaurant opened just a few miles from where we live, will become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was awesomeesyanks98Dined on 12/29/2013We went for a nice family dinner and that's what we got. Hostess, waiter, staff did a great job. The manager went above and beyond to make our experience pleasurable thank you mooses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinner for Christmas EveFood2LiveVIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a lovely and delicious meal to celebrate our family of eight's get together on Christmas eve. All the steak and fish dishes came out to our liking done just right. The salad bar and their fresh baked raisin bread is always a family hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendy TimeDejavujoyDined on 12/23/2013Very friendly service, great atmosphere for talking with friends - glad we tried this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2013Burgers were great. Service was fine except that a beer came 15 minutes after it was ordered. Owner very friendly and welcoming. Beware that the salad bar is not free though unless you order an entree ($3.99 when ordering a burger). The hostess tells you to help yourself to the salad bar but does not mention the potential cost. Any place like that should include the salad bar for free regardless of what you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingdebandcaseyDined on 11/28/2013We wanted to go out for Thanksgiving, my husband, son and I. Moose's had a great deal, choice of traditional turkey and trimmings, prime rib or salmon. We went with the turkey, and it was delicious. The turkey was moist and flavorful...I couldn't have done better. Included was the salad bar, choice of soups or sausage stuffed mushroom appy, which we chose and they were delish, main course with family-style served green beans, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, and finally dessert choice. All was tasty, the atmosphere was friendly, service was very accommodating and of course, Moose was readily available to tend to our needs as well. We will definitely be back! Great family gathering place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best thing is the salad barNJgrandmaVIPDined on 11/23/2013Nice salad bar, so-so food and so-so service. Not really worth a return trip.
- Very nice experiencernkgrafDined on 11/23/2013We took our dad out for his birthday. Good service, good food. Took a little long for the food, but otherwise no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouln't Seek it OutLocalGuyDined on 11/22/2013We went to Moose's on a Friday night. The moose character was cute, though it wear's off quickly. The restaurant plays as a local tavern. The food was good but didn't stand out. We started with wings, which were above average, though the mild sauce was closer to hot (not OK for our entire group). We all had burgers, I had a turkey burger. Everyone was in agreement that the burgers were good, but didn't stand out above much of the local competition. The service was very good, but it's hard to truly judge since the place was very quiet that night. Overall, our experience was good. I definitely wouldn't seek it out again, but wouldn't refuse to go, either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013A great place for a couple or a group. The service was "spot on" and the wait staff was friendly, courteous but not obtrusive. Moose (the owner) works the room to meet everyone and has a phenominal memory for names. If he meets you once he will most likely remember you, by name, the next time you visit. He makes it enjoyable by taking a personal intrest in your dining experience. The food was very good and nicely plated. They had the normal fare of appetrizers with a few uniques offerings that made it interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely friendly with great food.BnollDined on 10/21/2013A group of 5 of us went for dinner. They weren't very busy, so I image that helped the great service. We were readily seated and well served. Their salad bar is good, beer selection is ok and menu selection is great. We plan on returning soon for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moose's Tavern - good place to goGABADined on 10/20/2013We had been thinking of going there for a while and finally did. It used to be a Charlie Brown's until it was closed by the company. The place still has much uf the old Charlie Brown's feel, the old book shelves, the location of the bar and the salad bar etc. The layout and table locations are identical. There are "Moose" touches throughout. It is not a "sports bar" which is a good thing. Our waitress was good and energetic. We met the owner, aka Moose, who was acting as a bus boy and food runner. Very friendly. The food was very good, though the prime rib had more than normal waste. The rest was fine. They have specials and drink specials including a "mystery beer". If one asks the waitress will tell you what it is. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It felt like another worldJulesVIPDined on 10/19/2013It felt like another world when we ate here- in a good way! Everyone is SO SUPER nice. It is sad that we aren't used to it, but it was really amazing. From hostess, to owner, to waitstaff and kitchen. It is a feel good place for great burgers/casual food. So welcoming to the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Find!MommettDined on 10/18/2013The owner has really gone out of his way to make this place feel like home away from home. And yes his name is really Moose. Ask him and he will explain. He greets every guest and stops by several times to check on you, your meal and the service. The salad bar was outstanding and included chicken livers which my friends will love. We all had the Queen cut prime rib with a side. The meat was done to perfection and the quality excellent. Beers, burgers and steak seemed to be the mainstay of the menu but the specials of fish stuffed with crabmeat disappeared off the board rapidly. Highly recommend this place for decent food, low price, excellent service and a place you just know you are coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDutchDined on 10/5/2013A young, inexperienced and inattentive wait staff overshadow a nice salad bar and decent food, although the mash potatoes were lumpy. I've had the same experience twice now, so I know it wasn't just a bad night.Special Features:
- Moose's tavernKettleDined on 9/27/2013Very friendly atmosphere--the owner came to each table to talk. Waitress and staff very helpful. My first visit! I plan to come back and try the ribs.Special Features:
- Eh -OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013Late dinner (9:30) on a Friday night with my daughter (20) - happy to find that they were still serving but not overly impressed. Waitress was welcoming, gracious and accommodating- did not try to rush. Food was just O.K., should have ordered steak or a burger as that seems to be the signature. Cozy atmosphere - we had a large booth - but loud and poorly amplified-mediocre band made conversation difficult. $6 for a (small) glass of "Rex" seemed pricey - the stuff is barely more than that for a bottle at Wegmans! Was looking forward to the salad bar after reading the reviews, but disappointed. Nothing special and we both felt our salads had a few "bad" items. Yes, it was late-but if you're leaving the salad bar open, be sure it is fresh!
- Great Local LocaleJRZGLDined on 8/17/2013Moose and his staff go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome, that you are well attended to, and that your food is to your liking. Extremely kid-friendly but without going overboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are Moose's Tavern regulars.SamanthaFanDined on 8/8/2013We are Moose's Tavern regulars. Wait staff is professional. Facilities are clean. Food is good/Great Salad Bar. We really enjoy the live music/open mic night on Wednsdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, great service, good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013Overall a really nice dining experience! They were great with the birthday celebration. Food and waiting staff were fantastic! We will be back and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a GREAT Place!msfrog2VIPDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I both had the same. We had the blue cheese and onion ring burger which was done to perfection. We ordered the homemade potato chips which were excellent. The owner came to our table and spoke to us for a while. It was a warming atmosphere with great food.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationStelairDined on 7/20/2013We were pleasantly surprised by the free birthday desserts! Specialty drinks great Price. Great Salad Barand delicious prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was a pleasantJulesVIPDined on 7/8/2013This place was a pleasant surprise. It is a really great place to go with the kids rather than a chain restaurant. The owner was super nice! Server nice and balloon animal artist was there for the kids. They loved that. We just had pizza for kids and burgers for us but it was not a boring burger. Different and very good. Would for sure go back for a family meal! Oh also very clean!Special Features: