15 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (617) 670-2515
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:30 am Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am Saturday
Brunch: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday Only
Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday –Friday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Sunday–Thursday
5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Friday –Saturday
Bar Menu: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday –Thursday
11:30 am – 11:00 pm Friday AND Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hutton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Beacon Hill, adjacent to the State House and minutes from downtown Boston, Mooo Restaurant within the XV Beacon Hotel exude modern elegance while maintaining traditional sophistication. Our various and unique private dining options offer ample opportunity for all events. The Mooo experience is completed with our outstanding menu and renowned wine list.
The Wine Cellar, our historic private dining room boasts a renovated Italian Mosaic from 500 AD, double vaulted ceilings that are highlighted by hundreds of bottles of wine that line the walls. The cellar comfortably accommodates up to 50 guests for a seated event and 75 guests for a reception.
The Parlor Suites at the XV Beacon Hotel and Mooo can host 12 guests for a seated event. The Parlor Suites’ refined elegance is perfect for any private event or meeting.
For more information or to book an event please contact Ms. Christian Heydt at 617-670-7525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Mooo
Chef David Hutton offers a modern steakhouse with a warm décor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mooo reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)fit for foodies (118)romantic (104)notable wine list (84)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (39)good for groups (38)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (15)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- PickypickyVIPDined on 11/16/2014We ordered steak. Filet mignion & serloin Prime. All were cooked as requested & very good. We ordered the combo side selection & all were delicious Salad was crisp wedge. Excellent toppings Dessert was a Sunday. If you love ice cream & marshmallow it's for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Brunch!FoodLoverDined on 11/16/2014Everything we experienced at MOOOs brunch was terrific. The ambience, to the food and the service all exceeded our expectations. We couldn’t have had a better experience. A class act!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodhbankstooDined on 11/15/2014casual atmosphere, and really good food. always enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABmooolous!!GstarVIPDined on 11/15/2014Wow! The best beef wellington ever! I've had Gordon Ramsey's beef wellington and it was mediocre at best. Mooo's version was out of this world. Full of flavour and the jus.... yowzer! Dessert.... it's all about the Valrhona chocolate cake! Intergalactic! Should you come here? YES!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mooo was excellentMattDined on 11/14/2014The ambiance was excellent. Like a resort. Food was very good but all staff were excellent, particularly our table staff. Presentation of our dishes was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Servers were excellent, food was just okay and overcooked.
- Stellar experienceWalthamflyerDined on 11/9/2014From start to finish our special dinner was exceptional. The service is first rate. Travis, our server, was knowledgable helpful and attentive. He came to our table at exactly the right moments throughout our meal. We started with East Coast oysters that were fresh and at peak flavor. The NY strip was prepared perfectly and complimented by the bernaise sauce we selected. The flight of sides let us sample a variety of accompaniments. The wine list is incredible and their argon system allows them to offer an extensive array of wines by the glass. It was my wife's birthdsy and they surprised us with a happy birthday plate inscribed in chocolate with candle & treats. This was the best overall dining experience we've had this year.Special Features:
- Great MealMikeDined on 11/8/2014This was our first dinner at Moo. The food was excellent. We had the rack of lamb and painted hills sirloin. I would say the sirloin at $44 is one of the better steaks in Boston for the price. You should definitely try the tater tots. We plan to come back and try the wagyu steak frites and a few other things. I have been to most of Boston's nice restaurants and would say this place is worth the trip.Special Features:
- DDDDVIPDined on 11/4/2014As always a very enjoyable meal. Very good food and very good service (which is not always the case at MOOO)
- Fabulous SteakhouseJWUfoodieDined on 11/4/2014Was hosting my Mother's BDay party and Mooo was an incredibly good choice. Everything was on point; the food, the service, the atmosphere. I've been to many of the notable steakhouses in Boston and around the US. This is truly worth repeating over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HI CLASS REPUTATIONTomCDined on 11/2/2014We were there for Sunday Brunch And the service lived up to the reputation however the food leaves a lot to be desired - the pancakes are better at home or at IHOP - the Frittata was bland (I don't think I've ever had a bland frittata before ?) It was almost like: "oh we are so hoity toity we don't need to bother with good food." The coffee was no better than the instant coffee packets at a 3 star motel. The breakfast drink selection was great and the two we had were excellent - a good drink will salvage any experience. So we had a nice time in the noisy dining room and we did finish our meals - the food was not bad... just not great, fitting the cost. We would not consider returning
- Amazing RestaurantTommDined on 10/31/2014This is one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The waiter was a real professional who was concerned about the customer's needs and experience. The environment was top-notch and comfortable, not too loud but not dead quiet either. The food was magnificent. It was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. I highly recommend Mooo to anyone living or staying in the Boston area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPfd1234VIPDined on 10/29/2014Proces are a little high, but the food and service was perfect. Maybe you get what you pay for. Also-the wine list is well-curated, though it does concentrate a lot towards the (very) upper end of the price spectrum.Special Features:
- ThomDined on 10/28/2014Their entrees and sides are outstanding - I'll remember them for a long long time -. Desert and coffee are average.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Booked Mooo for a friend's 30th birthday. We had an amazing time. The food, service and wine couldn't have been better. Would recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDanandKimBDined on 10/25/2014Really great experience! I am a frequent restaurant goer and wanted something special to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous, the service exceptional and the ambiance warm and inviting. would like to see some more "average priced" wines as there were some in the $50 range which you know you are over paying for cheap wine but then there were some that were out of reach in the $350 to $650 range. Overall a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awful Noise level is awfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I went to school with the manager Chris. I hadn't seen him in years. He remembered me and had dessert and champagne sent to my table! Great service. The food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was a great spot for a romantic birthday dinner. We were impressed with the menu selection and service. Would recommend coming here for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely accommodatingHCNYVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had a client dinner at Moo and we were planning to head to an event at 7:30pm. The staff went well beyond what was necessary to accommodate our time frame. And the food was excellent on top of that.
- ExcellentLAFNYCVIPDined on 10/7/2014Steak with bone marrow butter...Holy Cow!! That's all that I have to say. Mooo is excellent. We really enjoyed it. LAFSpecial Features:
- dont respect reservationschombliwalaDined on 10/3/2014reserved at 9.30pm.for 8 and got sat at 10.20.( kitchen closes at 10.30) and believe me the food was the reflection of that hurry for closing > we wanted to go to another restaurant but at that time no one will receive us.( same situation happend one month ago in the same restaurant). We were almost the only ones in the restaurant and more depressing celebrating a b-day. porterhouse hard and overcooked also the rest of the beef choices. they offer appetizers and the cake but still that didnt make us happy...A question: ..if you dont cancel and/or no show they charge 25$ per person..what do you get if they dont respect your reservation and you still have to pay for a bad experience in all aspects ??.
- Food & Service were amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Mooo is my favorite new restaurant! Apps, main entree and desserts were all great.Special Features:
- Great dinnerBillyDined on 10/3/2014My wife declared her lamb chops as the best ever. My salmon was outstanding. A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingforluvDined on 10/3/2014The meal I had at Mooo was one of the best meals I've had in my life and I eat out a lot. When someone says they had a steak that taste like butter they don't know what they are talking about unless they ate at Mooo. Fantastic. Delicious. UnbelievableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceFigmoDined on 10/1/2014A very nice restaurant, with exceptional table service and a fine choice of entrees. Would definitely return and recommend it to others. The only minor fly in the evenings ointment occurred when the hostess insisted we leave the bar and go to our table 10mins earlier than scheduled. Our forth guest had just arrived and we had no time to socialize with her at the fine bar scene. No big deal but it's something that I'll remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimboDined on 9/30/2014Great Food. Steak was good but I have had better. Lobster Mac was delicious and so was the Banana Foster. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Always exceeds expectationsmbahlDined on 9/28/2014Mooo is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is fabulous and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Slow service but tasty foodsaturatedphatsVIPDined on 9/28/2014We stood at the front of the restaurant for at least 5 minutes before being greeted despite an abundance of waiters standing around. Took forever to get water or have our orders taken. Water was maybe refilled once after asking for it. Waiter accidentally poured coffee into my wife's purse. All that being said, the food was great. Really enjoyed the corned beef. Took forever to get our ticket. They did have live music which was unusual for a Sunday morning brunch and a little too loud for the space. Wanted to like it but didn't live up to the hype.
- Birthday dinnerPuppykayDined on 9/27/2014First time to vist and will certainly return. My expectations were high, I was not let down! The setting was lovely but noisy. The menu is simple but offers quality beef, sea food and inovative sides. I loved the Wagyu Beef Dumplings. My Filet Mignon was delicious and seasoned to perfection. My boyfriend said the Lobster bisque was the best he has ever had! He order the Prime Dry Aged Rib Eye which he loved. The waiter served him a Delmonico by accident which was quickly corrected. The Lobster Mac and Cheese was disappointing. Bland and dry. My only complaint was that our server was curt and condescending. I will return for a second visit but if service does not improve I won't return for a third. Delicious meal with disappointing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchAddasVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was a very good brunch overall. The restaurant was nicer than I thought it would be. The lox was fantastic and the omelet and waffles were good.
- avab529VIPDined on 9/26/2014We went for my husband's birthday. Two positives: the bread and the wagyu dumplings were great. The bad: He ordered the porterhouse and they served him a steak that had gone bad. I think because we are young they thought we wouldnt know any better. I expect that at an Applebees but at a nice restaurant, for almost $60, they should not have served that. They replaced it and appologized giving some crazy excuse about a sous chef but did not offer to comp anything from the bill. I had the halibut special and it was dry and without flavor. I would say stick to the steak but that didn't go so well either. It's sad because we had heard great things and we were excited to go. Take your money elsewhere.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Everything we ordered was good, but didn't stack up compared to some of the steak houses in NYC. For the price, I would say not worth it. Several of our steaks were overcooked, and when you are paying $50 for a steak, that just shouldn't happen. Waiter was great. Also, ambiance was Boston old money (which was probably to be expected in Beacon Hill) . Not my cup of tea, but it might be yours.
- Eh... Eh.NebraskaBornDined on 9/25/2014My prime aged rib-eye steak was sub-par and tough, but the side dishes and appetizers were outstanding. 3/5 stars.
- Satisfaction guaranteed!invitingVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were given a gift card to Mooo and enjoyed a truly superb experience in every way. It is definitely worth the money to get the combination of high quality food, warm, cozy atmosphere, and expert service for a special occasion. The bar is also a great place to enjoy a cocktail and a reasonable bar menu. We would return!!!Special Features:
- JWG333Dined on 9/20/2014Contemporary Decore meets Traditional Steak House Menu - Service & quality of food very good - Overall - great experience and highly recommended Valet very expensive - $18/ plus tip (Mooo should contribute half of parking expense)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulluv2eatDined on 9/19/2014The food and wait staff were excellent. A very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JasraDined on 9/17/2014We went for our 8th anniversary dinner and everything was perfect. The food was amazing. The staff exceptional. I never felt rushed or intruded upon. It was a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGKH910VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner here. The staff was incredibly accommodating and the service was spot-on. The food was delicious. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- MoooddmddmVIPDined on 9/11/2014For a restaurant named Mooo, was very disapointed in the steak. Not top quality at all. Have been before and had a great steak. The last 2 visits, not so much. Frequent a lot of steak restaurants. Not up to par with their competition.