15 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176702515
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:30 am Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am Saturday
Brunch: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday Only
Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday –Friday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Sunday–Thursday
5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Friday –Saturday
Bar Menu: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday –Thursday
11:30 am – 11:00 pm Friday AND Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hutton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Beacon Hill, adjacent to the State House and minutes from downtown Boston, Mooo Restaurant within the XV Beacon Hotel exude modern elegance while maintaining traditional sophistication. Our various and unique private dining options offer ample opportunity for all events. The Mooo experience is completed with our outstanding menu and renowned wine list.
The Wine Cellar, our historic private dining room boasts a renovated Italian Mosaic from 500 AD, double vaulted ceilings that are highlighted by hundreds of bottles of wine that line the walls. The cellar comfortably accommodates up to 50 guests for a seated event and 75 guests for a reception.
The Parlor Suites at the XV Beacon Hotel and Mooo can host 12 guests for a seated event. The Parlor Suites’ refined elegance is perfect for any private event or meeting.
For more information or to book an event please contact Ms. Christian Heydt at 617-670-7525 or email@example.com
A word from Mooo
Chef David Hutton offers a modern steakhouse with a warm décor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mooo reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)romantic (98)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (69)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (22)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place for business breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014This is a great spot for a business breakfast -- quiet and centrally-located. The service was really excellent. I met there recently with a business associate and he also remarked what a great spot it was for a meeting. I have already booked my next breakfast meeting there. My only criticism -- and it's a small one- is that it's a little dimly lit at breakfast -- the lighting is geared more, I assume, to the evening crowd. Thank you!
- A night to remember!jwpoonVIPDined on 9/10/2014Just an exceptional night all-around that exceeded my expectations! The service is impeccable - our waiter treated us like rock stars and we had a MOST memorable evening. The food - bone marrow appetizer is a MUST. And the Beef Wellington...holy smokes! Thank you MOOO...we'll be back ;)Special Features:
- Over-Priced, ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014Nothing is wrong with Mooo exactly except the prices which are absolutely shocking. $ 235 for two people, no booze, including tip. I do feel fleeced when charged $ 20 for a bottle of San Pellegrino mineral water. Did I mention shocking? Salads are fine if predictable. The steak is good but did not melt in my mouth; the taste was pleasant but at $ 50 I expected an explosion on my buds. It is indeed served plain on a white plate, dramatic for its simplicity, but lacking in side courses which, naturally, are extra. Sorry, but when entrees are $ 50 I expect ecstasy or at least a fan dance or something from the waitron. They enter a new stratosphere with prices this high and simply don't deliver the goods for this price-point.
- BaileyVIPDined on 9/10/2014OUTSTANDING!!! This is a must stop every time I am in Boston!
- soo goodThreasaVIPDined on 9/6/2014we had a wonderful meal. steak was perfect, everyone loved their choice. we weren't crazy about the calamari app the sauce was a tad too sweet for our tastebuds. others might love it. I would totally recommend this spot for steak lovers .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our experience at Mooo was decent. Food was good (not outstanding as I expected); did not like where we were seated as it was near bar. There were plenty of other seating options as we arrived on the early side for dinner. My fault for not requesting another table towards the back of the restaurant. Our waitress was very attentive; however, I forget her name.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!AnnaDined on 8/30/2014One of the best restaurants we have eaten so far. Delicious food, beautiful presentation. The Kobe dumplings are a highlight, the schnitzel is incredible. The service was perfect and the wine list impressive. We will come back for sure the next time we visit Boston.Special Features:
- GregWVIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, great service, great bar for a drink before or after as well. Would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emed54Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great, service too. But my husband ordered a gin/tonic and my son ordered a sprite. My son (12 yrs old) was given the gin/tonic. He took a large sip. When the 2nd gin/tonic and sprite were brought, we checked the "sprite" and for the second time the alcohol was given to my son. We told the waiter after the 2nd time. Not sure if it was a bartender error or server error.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesGracVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food gets better and better at each visit. The service has always been perfect.Special Features:
- They serve breakfast too!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/29/2014Took great care of my daughter and her fiancee for a wonderful breakfast. Perfect location in the historic heart of Boston with impeccable food and service. I've enjoyed this delightful restaurant many times for dinner and drinks and was pleased to learn that they do a 5 star breakfast as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Went during Restaurant week and the selection of plates that were available was amazing. This is definitely a special occasion place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014I went to 4 restaurants for Dine Out Boston, and although this one was the only lunch, it was the best of the bunch. Even better, they will be continuing the prix fix $25 for 3 courses indefinitely, so you all have a chance to go. The cold corn chowder was smooth delicious, with adequate crab and a refreshing mint drizzle. The 10 oz steak was cooked perfectly, melt in your mouth. Only area of some disappointment was the dessert. The shortcake (of otherwise yummy strawberry shortcake was dry and unappealing. So thumbs up and we shall be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at mooGrandmasandyDined on 8/27/2014very pretty restaurant. food was very good waiter fantastic.very difficult to find parking if you don't want to spend the money for valet parking. i feel its the type of restaurant you need to visit but don't have to return. there are other places in boston that are better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!BaileyVIPDined on 8/26/2014I think the food is exceptional, so much that I came back again with a friend! Service was wonderful!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014The waitress took a little bit of a long time to come over to ask us how was everything. I think for a high end restaurant like Mooo, the waitress needs to be more attentive to our needs. Definitely need to improve the service!Special Features:
- BaileyVIPDined on 8/25/2014The staff was friendly. The food was exceptional from tuna tartare to the Banana's Foster. I had one of the best steaks ever!!!
- Mooo does not measure updisappointedDined on 8/24/2014We're fans of L'Andana, with the same owners, and had expected a superb dining experience. Instead, the service was confused, plates went to the wrong people, dessert served and eaten before it melted and before the rest of the party got their coffees. Salmon was over cooked, perhaps another party ordered it charred and it was delivered to the wrong table. But the waiter should have noticed the thick black crust. Carpaccio was lovely. Kobe dumplings juicy and fabulous. Bone in ribeye was excellent. Scallops were perfect. Asparagus, french fries and onion rings were ordinary. Shrimp cocktail including one iodine-tasting piece which I ate was disgusted by. Overall cost was $200 per person and felt like too much for the quality and experience.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Jeff was an incredible waiter. Would love to have him as a waiter again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 1 (Summer 2014)LuvtodineDined on 8/22/2014Excellent restaurant week menu selections and good portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would skip for Dine Out BostonamateurfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I'll give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt, because sometimes the kitchen is overwhelmed by Restaurant Week, but the steak frites meal I got was underseasoned, and the dessert was bland. There are just so many good steakhouses in Boston, and this one doesn't stand up. The waiter also got our dessert orders wrong, so we had to wait even longer during our lunch hour.
- Delicioso !!!!!Love2dineDined on 8/20/2014Food was amazing!!! I'll never forget my soft and delicious Porterhouse... The bisque and the service!! I really recomend this place it's a most for meat loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDoanDined on 8/20/2014The food is always good that's why I came back. However, I felt like the waiter didn't like me when I came there alone. No smile, no question about my food or if I need anything more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your Business AccountsyemmaDined on 8/19/2014For those that need a quiet place to impress a client. Food was unimaginative but very high quality and atmosphere reeks of overspending. Good Luck landing that account!Special Features:
- Lunch at MooAndyishungryDined on 8/14/2014Had booked for an evening meal, but was starving and in the vicinity, so popped in and asked if we could change the reservation, staff were excellent very attentive, we went for the $25 three course lunch, it was superb and great value for money, perhaps a choice of vegetables would have made it even better. Would recommend Moo and would definitely return next time in Boston.
- OutstandingChrisODined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I were visiting Boston and we were at first drawn by the name. I can easily say this was the best steak I've ever had. The service was just as outstanding. Of course it's a little pricey but no more than any other good steakhouse, yet the good was that much better. I would recommend this to any tourist and local, and I'll be telling everyone about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wannabefoodieDined on 8/10/2014We attended brunch at Mooo on 8/10. It was amazing. We were greeted promptly upon our arrival and shown to our table. We began our meal with two bloody Mary's, The capers Bloody and the Fire Bloody. Both were great! Then we had the Kobe dumplings- they are to die for!! Both of us had the hash for breakfast- it was a little watery for our tastes but the flavor was solid. Our server was just attentive enough without being overly in our face. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best SteakontherivieraVIPDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed best steak ever - love the side flight! Excellent every time. Also just as good for breakfast/brunch. Well prepared, innovative and delicious. Attentive service. Will be back!Special Features:
- A Locals FavoriteTravldinerDined on 8/9/2014A must if your looking for a great steak in Boston. This place was a recommendation from a Bostonian we met earlier in the day. A first class place, with first class food. The atmosphere is upscale without the arrogance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst steakhouse experience everDaveDined on 8/8/2014The waiter was rude and he me messed up our steaks. Why would someone come to your super expensive steakhouse and order medium-well steak? Seriously? I can understand that everyone makes mistakes. But his attitude afterwards was beyond tolerable and made me feel like that I should be the one feeling sorry to cause him the trouble. No compensation, no apology. Finally, when the new steaks came out, my folks and I had lost our appetite and one of the steaks was still closer to medium-well and the other one is closer to rare. What a great quality control on a so-called high-end upscale steakhouse? I am paying several hundreds of dollars for such insulting dining experience? I will take my money elsewhere to Capital and Fleming’s next time.
- MoooChefkevDined on 8/3/2014Incredible service, the manager Chris was incredible and the waiter Jeffery above and beyond with exceptional knowledge of wine and food. Food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for steakyakimaniacDined on 8/3/2014Went to Mooo with a friend for a steak dinner and it lived up to my expectations. It's a bit fancy for my taste, but you cannot fault the menu or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly seasoned...HapaLatinaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Cornish game hen was amazing! Glad we both didn't get steaks. Lobster bisque was also great. Chef perfectly seasoned everything... I have never thought that before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent experience, but not greatfrankcDined on 8/3/2014Took my daughter, son and uncle to dinner Sunday evening. Let me say the steaks were wonderful. I had the strip steak with peppercorn sauce and loved it. My Uncle enjoyed his Delmonico. My son had the wienerschnitzel and it was wonderful, although I would have preferred a fried egg on top versus a sliced hard-boiled egg. My daughter’s salmon was OK. She didn’t eat the vegetables because they were too hard, no really hard. All of the sides were wonderful. The bananas foster was great - big enough to share. Service was a bit tough. Perhaps they were short of staff? We did feel abandoned at times. Also, the restaurant could use some freshening up.Special Features:
- Top notchFoodforceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Highest recommendation. Everything was great, food, service, ambiance. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LydaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful meal and ambiance. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 8/1/2014We had a fabulous meal and a great waiter. The only thing that marred the experience was our seating. There were plenty of open tables where they could have seated the two of us but we were put in the middle of a row of tables, already filled, one seat on a bench. This put us in very close proximity of tables on either side of us. Fine if it was crowded but there were other options for us to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency, quality, & deliciousHardToPleaseDined on 8/1/2014I hadn't been to Mooo's in over 5 years and my wife had always wanted to go there for dinner based on my high praises. The return visit did not disappoint as the food, service, and overall experience was indeed 5 star. Our waiter, Hector, paid special attention to every detail making recommendations that best suited our particular taste. We had the 8 oz filet and the 12 oz prime sirloin (cooked perfectly) with the bone marrow butter that is beyond perfection. The panko parmesan crusted onion rings were as good as dessert. Creamed spinach and dinner rolls with salt and lightly buttered rounded out a wonderful evening for 2. Moos will not disappoint and well worth the price.Special Features:
- Late lunchRiccardoVIPDined on 7/30/2014My wife & I work in town so I asked her for a lunch date. We tried Mooo and it was perfect. I went for the fixed price lunch. Lobster Bisque was AMAZING and the salmon was great! We were so full we decided to take the 3rd course (chocolate cake) home and have it with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014Ordered a filet and the beef wellington and both were fantastic - cooked perfectly. Vegetable sides were very good. Caesar salad and heirloom tomatoes were also very good. Had the lemon pie for dessert. Service was outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.