7955 Oxford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonstruckrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157256000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Guy Jean Baptiste
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering at your home, office or other venue available. Please contact Toto Schiavone at 215-725-6000 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Moonstruck Restaurant offers 3 private dining rooms offering gourmet cuisine in a variety of beautiful settings.
Alto - 50 to 150 guests
Victor - 20 to 40 guests
Barbara - 15 to 20 guests
- Private Party Contact: Claire DiLullo 2157256000x101
A word from Moonstruck Restaurant
A fabulous, glamorous gem of a restaurant located in the Fox Chase area of northeast Philadelphia providing delicious, gourmet Italian food for over 30 years. The finest & freshest ingredients are used in all our dishes: featuring veal & seafood specialties, fresh pasta & homemade gelato.Continued
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Moonstruck Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Northeast Philly ›
Moonstruck Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)romantic (31)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (12)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014No more questions on Moonstruck. Been going for 20 years!!! That says it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skipperDined on 7/5/2014nice and quiet BUT it was 4th of july weekend.............food excellent. best mussels around. liver, bacon and onions to die for..wonderful service.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!CatalinaDined on 6/18/2014The food was delicious and the service outstanding! On Wednesday evenings you can bring your own wine.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerHappyCoupleDined on 5/24/2014My Wife and I went to Moonstruck on Saturday for our wedding anniversary, It was extremely quiet, and lovely décor. The waiter was very pleasant and helped us with the menu. From the appetizer to the desert...Every bite we took was more savory than the last. I wish we could dine here every weekend. THANK YOU so much for helping to make our Anniversary wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseTerriVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very nice atmosphere for dinner with separate rooms for dining instead one large dining room. Delicious food and very god service. NSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Go there all the time have been going for 30 years Unnecessary to keep asking for my review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermiamivacaerDined on 5/21/2014Great service. Really good food. Bar had a nice 50s feel to it. The restaurant had a very nice, simple clean decor. Drinks were good. Price was fair. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2014dinetteDined on 5/18/2014A table for nine was requested, and the accommodation was perfect: an oval table in a semi-private room (the restaurant is divided by attractive glass partitions). The prix fixe menu offered, $35 for four courses, seemed a bargain since the servings were ample and delicious. Specials included lamb shanks in gravy with risotto, which two of our group absolutely loved. Another hit was one of the pasta choices, pappardelle with duck ragout. The vegetarians amongst us were happy with spinach gnocchi and roasted beet salad. One small criticism: the wait staff had to be reminded to bring cheese for sprinkling. Homemade gelato pleased everyone, especially the unusual malt flavored choice. Lavazzo espresso provided a fine finish.Special Features:
- 40 YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014This wonderful restaurant is celebrating is 40th year. It is easy to see that it will be open for another 40 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014The staff is knowledgable, friendly and efficient. The food, fantastic. It's nice to know it's just "next door" in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I've eaten here for business dinners, but our Mother's Day dinner did not meet expectations. For the money we spent (including) kids, we should have had a better experience.Special Features:
- MaryannDined on 5/11/2014We are never disappointed. Interesting menu always. Mother's Day was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place for special family eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Northeast Philly is a wasteland for good restaurants. Moonstruck is an oasis in an otherwise bleak field of fast food and mediocre dining establishments. I've been there with several time. Each time the food has been good & attractively served. staff is friendly & attentive. The ambience is lovely and the patrons seem to rise to the occasion and leave their sweat pants at home. I have found that the menu tends to be a bit limited however and a bit pricier then warranted. Keeping these facts in mind, I would still rate Moonstruck as slightly above average in comparison to many of the BYOB restaurants in downtown/south Philly area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonstruck on Mother's DaySavtathreeDined on 5/11/2014We have been patrons of Moonstruck for many years, although we haven't been back for a while. The food and atmosphere have always been excellent and it has not changed over the years. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Great dining experience. Good food, good service. Always enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is a lovely place - very attractive, quiet enough to talk, and excellent food. An old-fashioned, traditional restaurant with very good drinks and a fine menu. It's a regular with us.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsmurfDined on 4/12/2014we had not been here in some time but the last time that we were here it was great. so when we came back we were not sure what to expect. we brought friends with us we had not seen in a while , they had never been here so we were hoping to impresse.well we were not diappointed. everything from the service , food and good conversation were awesome. so happy we found our way back , hats off to moonstruck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 282 reviews are from the Moonstruck Restaurant reviews archive.
- We came for a birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014We came for a birthday dinner and were so pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent, food was great, and ambiance was very nice. This is a nice place, and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Foodies unite!VitracDined on 3/22/2014The food was consistently fabulous. From appetizers to desserts- all was surprisingly really great. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Outstanding SetviceEatoutDined on 3/20/2014Great place to dine, the service is outstanding and the food is great. The menu has something for everybody, never had a bad meal or experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful serviceKateDined on 3/15/2014We've been to Moonstruck a few time and were a little bored with the menu. They've since updated it and added some pasta dishes. I had the parpadella (sp) with duck ragu and it was fantastic. My husband got the osso bucco special and loved it. Everyone at our table loved their dinner. Our waitress was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service.maryellenpaDined on 3/15/2014As always the food was very good and the servers were prompt and attentive. We arrived at 6:55 for a 7:00 reservation and were seated immediatly. The server was very freindly and obviously well seasoned. Our meal was delicious. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEBIGFAN1Dined on 3/15/2014SIMPLY AWESOME , MOONSTRUCK IS A UNIQUE AND WONDERFULL PLACE , WITH A SPRINKLE OF MAGIC !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GemRiderGibDined on 3/14/2014It had a wonderful atmosphere and service was excellent. Food was very good and enjoyed the evening. Would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't travel farMaryannDined on 3/9/2014We have been going to Moonstruck for many years. Birthday's ,Anniversary's and Sunday Dinners have been enjoyed here. Close to home and we're lucky to have this gem here after many years. We spent Thanksgiving here last year. Private room and it was FABOULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonstruckRuth1Dined on 3/8/2014Came here for dinner Saturday evening with my husband and son. i felt like wee wer profiled by how we wer dressed and was given a table way in the back in the corner. The service was slow, and my husband kept getting the wrong order. The waitress tried but really never checked on us to see how if we needed anything. The potion size was small and overpriced for what we receivedt to it.
- Loved the service and theDRE37Dined on 3/8/2014Loved the service and the ambience was awesome. We celebrated my fiance's bday and felt the romance. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former waitress' takeeatoutDined on 2/23/2014Our dining experience overall was good. The food was delicious. The only part we didn't enjoy was the very long wait for our entree. Possibly there was some problem in the kitchen. Otherwise we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- nice dinnercheflizDined on 2/22/2014Very romantic, quiet dinner. I would have liked a bit more space between tables, but its not suffocating. The risotto cakes appetizer was really good, I especially liked the sauce. I had the filet mignon special. It was cooked perfectly, clearly a great cut of steak. Good mashed and broccoli rabe sides. My boyfriend order the veal scaloppini which was also delicious. He felt it was too small a portion, but a very good meal. These three dishes plus 4 glasses of wine(2 were a very nice Riesling) and an espresso all came to about $115. Service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantValleyDined on 2/15/2014Excellent Food And Service Without Having To Go DowntownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was wonderful, even my 10-year old enjoyed it and didn't have to order something specially made for "kids". Our waiter was a pleasure.Special Features:
- True definition of neighborhood gemYardleysince99Dined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine's Day. I/we were not disappointed. Would return. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent local dininglroarizDined on 2/14/2014Although we have lived in the area for many years, our Valentine Day dinner was our first experience with Moonstruck. We have always heard that it has a great reputation and we were not disappointed. It was a delightful experience. The restaurant itself is very attractive, the service first rate and the food was outstanding. We will defintiely be keeping Moonstruck on the top of our restaurant lists.Special Features:
- Moonstruck did not strike me!darkelf369Dined on 2/14/2014The staff was polite and attentive, but not very knowledgeable about the food. My wife asked about what was in the Olive oil dip and the reply was "lot's of stuff." The food was hit or miss and not worth the price in some cases. The stuffed veal I had was flavorless and rubbery ($27). The chicken also was not worth $30. The scallops and filet mignon were good but still a little pricey. The leg of lamb was a nice size but the flavor was gamy. The salads we ordered were $9-$12 and definitely not worth it. There was not enough dressing and two thin wafers of baked bread as croutons. Total bill with tip was $376 for five. I could have eaten at Center City for those prices and gotten much better food. Probably will not be back.
- Rekindling an old romanceLeeHDined on 2/7/2014This was our first time at Moonstruck in many years, despite living only 5 minutes away, but my wife and I hope to return again soon! Being back at Moonstruck felt like what I imagine rekinlding an old romance would be like. The glass-and-silver decor was familiar but still fresh and elegant. The atmosphere was uniquely Northeast Philly elegant. The food was outstanding, including the prix fixe selections and the apple tart dessert. I enjoyed the veal scallopine wrapped around prosciutto and asparagus (never thought I'd enjoy asparagus!). My wife's tilapia was also wonderful, as were the wines. Service was attentive and prompt yet down to earth. God willing, it won't be years until we return to Moonstruck for a romantic special meal!Special Features:
- Relaxing mealChgranof8Dined on 1/27/2014I had dinner with my girl friends and we were all very satisfied with everything from the wine to the meal to the service! Even though I was with my friends I think this is a perfect date spot. I intend to give my children a treat for their anniversary! Couldn't think of a nicer place. Our waiter, I believe his name was Antinen was very knowledgeable on everything on the menu and was very sociable and polite to our table. I will definitely be going back ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep returningDwieBabkiDined on 1/4/2014Had a great experience dining here before and had to return for my Mama's birthday. The food the decor and the atmosphere were superb. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterBynabellaDined on 12/31/2013Went on New Years Eve, requested table by window. Upon arrival this was not acknowledged and was informed there would be a 20 minute wait. We went to the bar, found seats...waited to be noticed. We ordered wine and there were not wine glasses available...waited for wine glasses. Finally received our drinks and we were promptly ready to be seated. They requested us to close the tab in order to be seated. We were seated in a loud central area of the restaurant with view of the bar back. I had called in advance to ask about the and was advised the regular menu would be available, it was not. Food was average to less than. We ordered another round of drinks with arrival of the entree and the drinks arrived in time for the dishes to be cleared.
- New Years Eve dinnerHASSDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve dinner at any restaurant is always a gamble. Moonstruck had a New Years Eve menu - fewer choices and higher prices. But not outrageous compared to others. Food quality was not dimished - everyone was well satisfied with their choices. Service was a bit slow and, when he showed up, our waiter was obviously rushed and therefore a bit brusque. Not surprising - the restaurant was packed to capacity. But Moonstruck is still Moonstruck - decor has been freshened, of course, but hasn't changed in 25 years. That's a good thing - it was a great design then and now. It's still a comfortable, charming place and I've never had a bad meal here. All told, if you must dine out on New Years, Moonstruck handles it as well as anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remembermstarragonDined on 12/27/2013Had many great meals at Moonstruck over the years. Not this one. Ambience was fine, but service was slow, maybe because it was the holidays and the restaurant was fairly crowded. The waiter did his best. He even offered to chill my glass of wine, which was getting warm as we waited for appetizers. The mushroom soup was a disappointment, not very flavorful. For main courses, we had scallops (very good) and salmon with lobster risotto (chef's special), which was so-so. They ran out of tiramisu, so we skipped dessert. The owner of Moonstruck was very visible but never stopped by to inquire about our experience. He did stop by to chat with people at the next table who he seemed to know. At some point we'll give Moonstruck another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.