7955 Oxford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonstruckrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 725-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Guy Jean Baptiste
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering at your home, office or other venue available. Please contact Toto Schiavone at 215-725-6000 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Moonstruck Restaurant offers 3 private dining rooms offering gourmet cuisine in a variety of beautiful settings.
Alto - 50 to 150 guests
Victor - 20 to 40 guests
Barbara - 15 to 20 guests
- Private Party Contact: Claire DiLullo 2157256000x101
A word from Moonstruck Restaurant
A fabulous, glamorous gem of a restaurant located in the Fox Chase area of northeast Philadelphia providing delicious, gourmet Italian food for over 30 years. The finest & freshest ingredients are used in all our dishes: featuring veal & seafood specialties, fresh pasta & homemade gelato.Continued
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Moonstruck Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Northeast Philly ›
Moonstruck Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (54)fit for foodies (41)romantic (38)good for groups (21)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A terrific dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2014We had dinner on a Sunday evening and it was great. We went in for my fathers birthday and ordered a bunch of appetizers, pasta and entrees all to share. The polenta and salumi were both delicious appetizers. As for pasta I highly recommend the pappardelle and pansotti, these both were excellent. You cannot go wrong with house made pasta stuffed with duck! If you like beef then I'd go for the short ribs which were tender and amazing. Our server did a great job too and she was very friendly. It was an overall great experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantCathyDined on 11/22/2014We eat here four or five times a year, mainly in the winter because they do not offer alfresco dining. It is a very comfortable, enjoyable restaurant. Food is outstanding and my husband and I usually try to split one of their amazing pastas for an appetizer. Also there is very well trained and accommodating .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, comfortable and inviting!PhiladelphiaVisitorVIPDined on 11/16/2014Fine selection of Italian dishes, the four of us were delighted with our meals, the surroundings, professional service and appreciative welcome. And I could hear my friends talk! look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PonieDined on 11/9/2014BYOW Sundays and Wednesdays makes this an affordable neighborhood stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeGreatDinningDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner and we were seated at a quiet table, received excellent service from Renee, and enjoyed a tasty appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert. This was our second great experience at our neighborhood gem. We will return.Special Features:
- GoToniteoutDined on 11/1/2014Moonstruck has become out "Goto" place for special occasions. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good as everbILLDined on 10/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner---food and choices excellent. Although the neighborhood has changed, Moonstruck has still maintained itself as a classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicedavid7VIPDined on 10/26/2014Lovely restaurant in Northeast Philadelphia. Romantic décor, attentive service, quality food. Nice 3 course prix fixeSpecial Features:
- What a delight!AuntiemameDined on 10/24/2014I hadn't been back to Moonstruck for many years and it is still as fabulous as ever- even better!. The pasta is still homemade and I had the beef shortribs that were so tender, you could cut with a fork. The drinks were also delicious. I had a Bellini which was refreshing and flavorful. Desserts were generous and lucious. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyAndyDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding service in a lovely setting .. You can actually hear what other people at your table are saying ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BensallyBensallyDined on 10/15/2014ALWAYS A GREAT TIME OUT, ESPECIALLY FOR THAT SPECIAL DAY (BIRTHDAY etc.) MENU IS GREAT AND SO ARE THE PORTIONS.Special Features:
- niteoutDined on 10/11/2014Lovely restaurant. Food was great, atmosphere was very nice. Will definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryannDined on 10/5/2014We love it here. Quality of food is good and you have many choices. Service is good and there is nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGreatexperienceDined on 10/5/2014The food was delicious-the prix fixe menu had good selections. I liked that we could bring our own wine on a Sunday night. The service was outstanding- our waiter anticipated our every need.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualLuv4foodDined on 9/28/2014Came back for dinner and was amazing as usual. Food and service were impeccable. Will continue to be a consistent diner. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!Luv4foodDined on 9/16/2014Loved the good, service was amazing. Will def be returning very soon. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, good foodSpeedyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was great. Food was good but not as good as other places in this price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We celebrated my wife's Birthday. Great service, food presentation beautiful. Very Good Wine selection (we enjoyed a fine wine from New Zealand). We didn't realize Wednesday's and Sunday's are BYOW days. A great option fo dinners. I ordered from the 35 Year Celebration Menu and enjoyed all 3 courses, my wife just ordered an Entree.Special Features:
- Local ItalianlmrbVIPDined on 8/30/2014Moonstruck is always delicious and consistent in their food and service. We enjoy our meal every time we are there. I think if they updated and expanded the bar area and offered appetizers, we would visit more often for cocktails and snacksSpecial Features:
- Glad we made itDittoDined on 8/30/2014This is our first time here and can't wait to go back an try other things. The staff is friendly knowledgable and efficient. The food was excellent Their fixed price meal for their anniversary is a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantGoodfood60Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner at Moonstruck Restaurant on Oxford ave. in N.E Philly. To borrow a phrase from George Takei, OH MY. Love this place. Love the food. My wife and I had the Gamberi appetizer and for dinner The Noci (grilled beef tenderloin) & The Tonno (ahi tuna). For dessert we had Gelati(strawberry) & The Panna Cotta). Love the wine and the Godiva Chocolate Martini. My wife took home leftovers and a raspberry chocolate moose cake for dessert. My wife wish's she could take home a Godiva Chocolate Martini as well. We have eaten here several times before. The meals have been excellent every time. The service is excellent and the food came in a timely fashion. Everything my wife and I have tried has been delicious. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!SusanDined on 8/29/2014I have been going to this restaurant since they first opened in the 70's! Consistent good food and service and always a treat to dine here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014With Altin as our waiter, we were well served, and we enjoyed every minute of our visit. See you soon again.Special Features:
- amwchcDined on 8/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent and the service made it even more enjoyable. Our server was friendly but professional and very knowledgeable about the menu. The prie fixe menu made the cost reasonable and the choices were extensive. We will certainly return since there are a number of menu choices we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just keep returning...denisetheshopperDined on 8/27/2014Moonstruck is considered by me as my favorite restaurant. I return whenever I can find a good reason to. I consider it as my special occasion place, but this time, it was just because. Oh yes, the summer is coming to an end and that is a good enough reason.Special Features:
- Greaat Restaurant.RobertMontDined on 8/17/2014Consistently excellent food and deserts, well worth the somewhat high prices!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I love this place and it never disappoints! We went last Saturday and it was the most crowded I've seen so far. I attributed it to their 35th Anniversary Menu where you get 3 courses for $35. I had the gnocchi, braised short ribs and roasted peach for dessert. My boyfriend had the mussels, seared scallops and vanilla custard. Everything was delicious and an excellent value. Staff is top notch as well.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLilMommaDined on 8/16/2014Love Moonstruck! My family has been going there since I was kid. Always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over the moonpitbuellDined on 8/16/2014wonderful ambiance, seems like a small intimate restaurant yet is larger than it seems with the layout and mirrors. The food is fabulous! A must try. The service was tip top, your water glass is never empty and when your food arrives it is steaming hot and delicious. Try a cocktail and a yummy appetizer to start, the gnocchi is soft and creamy, a real test of the chef who got it just right!Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place is always lovely - old-fashioned with its elegance and traditional menu, and most enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 298 reviews are from the Moonstruck Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014No more questions on Moonstruck. Been going for 20 years!!! That says it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skipperDined on 7/5/2014nice and quiet BUT it was 4th of july weekend.............food excellent. best mussels around. liver, bacon and onions to die for..wonderful service.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!CatalinaDined on 6/18/2014The food was delicious and the service outstanding! On Wednesday evenings you can bring your own wine.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerHappyCoupleDined on 5/24/2014My Wife and I went to Moonstruck on Saturday for our wedding anniversary, It was extremely quiet, and lovely décor. The waiter was very pleasant and helped us with the menu. From the appetizer to the desert...Every bite we took was more savory than the last. I wish we could dine here every weekend. THANK YOU so much for helping to make our Anniversary wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseTerriVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very nice atmosphere for dinner with separate rooms for dining instead one large dining room. Delicious food and very god service. NSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Go there all the time have been going for 30 years Unnecessary to keep asking for my review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermiamivacaerDined on 5/21/2014Great service. Really good food. Bar had a nice 50s feel to it. The restaurant had a very nice, simple clean decor. Drinks were good. Price was fair. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2014dinetteDined on 5/18/2014A table for nine was requested, and the accommodation was perfect: an oval table in a semi-private room (the restaurant is divided by attractive glass partitions). The prix fixe menu offered, $35 for four courses, seemed a bargain since the servings were ample and delicious. Specials included lamb shanks in gravy with risotto, which two of our group absolutely loved. Another hit was one of the pasta choices, pappardelle with duck ragout. The vegetarians amongst us were happy with spinach gnocchi and roasted beet salad. One small criticism: the wait staff had to be reminded to bring cheese for sprinkling. Homemade gelato pleased everyone, especially the unusual malt flavored choice. Lavazzo espresso provided a fine finish.Special Features:
- 40 YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014This wonderful restaurant is celebrating is 40th year. It is easy to see that it will be open for another 40 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014The staff is knowledgable, friendly and efficient. The food, fantastic. It's nice to know it's just "next door" in the neighborhood.Special Features: