7955 Oxford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonstruckrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 725-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Guy Jean Baptiste
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering at your home, office or other venue available. Please contact Toto Schiavone at 215-725-6000 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Moonstruck Restaurant offers 3 private dining rooms offering gourmet cuisine in a variety of beautiful settings.
Alto - 50 to 150 guests
Victor - 20 to 40 guests
Barbara - 15 to 20 guests
- Private Party Contact: Claire DiLullo 2157256000x101
A word from Moonstruck Restaurant
A fabulous, glamorous gem of a restaurant located in the Fox Chase area of northeast Philadelphia providing delicious, gourmet Italian food for over 30 years. The finest & freshest ingredients are used in all our dishes: featuring veal & seafood specialties, fresh pasta & homemade gelato.Continued
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Also serving small plates & special cocktails at the bar.
Three course pre-fix dinner every night, $29.00 (Saturdays: 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Moonstruck Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Northeast Philly ›
Moonstruck Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)good for groups (21)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I've eaten here for business dinners, but our Mother's Day dinner did not meet expectations. For the money we spent (including) kids, we should have had a better experience.Special Features:
- MaryannDined on 5/11/2014We are never disappointed. Interesting menu always. Mother's Day was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place for special family eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Northeast Philly is a wasteland for good restaurants. Moonstruck is an oasis in an otherwise bleak field of fast food and mediocre dining establishments. I've been there with several time. Each time the food has been good & attractively served. staff is friendly & attentive. The ambience is lovely and the patrons seem to rise to the occasion and leave their sweat pants at home. I have found that the menu tends to be a bit limited however and a bit pricier then warranted. Keeping these facts in mind, I would still rate Moonstruck as slightly above average in comparison to many of the BYOB restaurants in downtown/south Philly area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonstruck on Mother's DaySavtathreeDined on 5/11/2014We have been patrons of Moonstruck for many years, although we haven't been back for a while. The food and atmosphere have always been excellent and it has not changed over the years. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Great dining experience. Good food, good service. Always enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is a lovely place - very attractive, quiet enough to talk, and excellent food. An old-fashioned, traditional restaurant with very good drinks and a fine menu. It's a regular with us.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsmurfDined on 4/12/2014we had not been here in some time but the last time that we were here it was great. so when we came back we were not sure what to expect. we brought friends with us we had not seen in a while , they had never been here so we were hoping to impresse.well we were not diappointed. everything from the service , food and good conversation were awesome. so happy we found our way back , hats off to moonstruck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came for a birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014We came for a birthday dinner and were so pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent, food was great, and ambiance was very nice. This is a nice place, and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Foodies unite!VitracDined on 3/22/2014The food was consistently fabulous. From appetizers to desserts- all was surprisingly really great. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Outstanding SetviceEatoutDined on 3/20/2014Great place to dine, the service is outstanding and the food is great. The menu has something for everybody, never had a bad meal or experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful serviceKateDined on 3/15/2014We've been to Moonstruck a few time and were a little bored with the menu. They've since updated it and added some pasta dishes. I had the parpadella (sp) with duck ragu and it was fantastic. My husband got the osso bucco special and loved it. Everyone at our table loved their dinner. Our waitress was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service.maryellenpaDined on 3/15/2014As always the food was very good and the servers were prompt and attentive. We arrived at 6:55 for a 7:00 reservation and were seated immediatly. The server was very freindly and obviously well seasoned. Our meal was delicious. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEBIGFAN1Dined on 3/15/2014SIMPLY AWESOME , MOONSTRUCK IS A UNIQUE AND WONDERFULL PLACE , WITH A SPRINKLE OF MAGIC !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GemRiderGibDined on 3/14/2014It had a wonderful atmosphere and service was excellent. Food was very good and enjoyed the evening. Would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't travel farMaryannDined on 3/9/2014We have been going to Moonstruck for many years. Birthday's ,Anniversary's and Sunday Dinners have been enjoyed here. Close to home and we're lucky to have this gem here after many years. We spent Thanksgiving here last year. Private room and it was FABOULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonstruckRuth1Dined on 3/8/2014Came here for dinner Saturday evening with my husband and son. i felt like wee wer profiled by how we wer dressed and was given a table way in the back in the corner. The service was slow, and my husband kept getting the wrong order. The waitress tried but really never checked on us to see how if we needed anything. The potion size was small and overpriced for what we receivedt to it.
- Loved the service and theDRE37Dined on 3/8/2014Loved the service and the ambience was awesome. We celebrated my fiance's bday and felt the romance. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former waitress' takeeatoutDined on 2/23/2014Our dining experience overall was good. The food was delicious. The only part we didn't enjoy was the very long wait for our entree. Possibly there was some problem in the kitchen. Otherwise we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- nice dinnercheflizDined on 2/22/2014Very romantic, quiet dinner. I would have liked a bit more space between tables, but its not suffocating. The risotto cakes appetizer was really good, I especially liked the sauce. I had the filet mignon special. It was cooked perfectly, clearly a great cut of steak. Good mashed and broccoli rabe sides. My boyfriend order the veal scaloppini which was also delicious. He felt it was too small a portion, but a very good meal. These three dishes plus 4 glasses of wine(2 were a very nice Riesling) and an espresso all came to about $115. Service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantValleyDined on 2/15/2014Excellent Food And Service Without Having To Go DowntownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was wonderful, even my 10-year old enjoyed it and didn't have to order something specially made for "kids". Our waiter was a pleasure.Special Features:
- True definition of neighborhood gemYardleysince99Dined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine's Day. I/we were not disappointed. Would return. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent local dininglroarizDined on 2/14/2014Although we have lived in the area for many years, our Valentine Day dinner was our first experience with Moonstruck. We have always heard that it has a great reputation and we were not disappointed. It was a delightful experience. The restaurant itself is very attractive, the service first rate and the food was outstanding. We will defintiely be keeping Moonstruck on the top of our restaurant lists.Special Features:
- Moonstruck did not strike me!darkelf369Dined on 2/14/2014The staff was polite and attentive, but not very knowledgeable about the food. My wife asked about what was in the Olive oil dip and the reply was "lot's of stuff." The food was hit or miss and not worth the price in some cases. The stuffed veal I had was flavorless and rubbery ($27). The chicken also was not worth $30. The scallops and filet mignon were good but still a little pricey. The leg of lamb was a nice size but the flavor was gamy. The salads we ordered were $9-$12 and definitely not worth it. There was not enough dressing and two thin wafers of baked bread as croutons. Total bill with tip was $376 for five. I could have eaten at Center City for those prices and gotten much better food. Probably will not be back.
- Rekindling an old romanceLeeHDined on 2/7/2014This was our first time at Moonstruck in many years, despite living only 5 minutes away, but my wife and I hope to return again soon! Being back at Moonstruck felt like what I imagine rekinlding an old romance would be like. The glass-and-silver decor was familiar but still fresh and elegant. The atmosphere was uniquely Northeast Philly elegant. The food was outstanding, including the prix fixe selections and the apple tart dessert. I enjoyed the veal scallopine wrapped around prosciutto and asparagus (never thought I'd enjoy asparagus!). My wife's tilapia was also wonderful, as were the wines. Service was attentive and prompt yet down to earth. God willing, it won't be years until we return to Moonstruck for a romantic special meal!Special Features:
- Relaxing mealChgranof8Dined on 1/27/2014I had dinner with my girl friends and we were all very satisfied with everything from the wine to the meal to the service! Even though I was with my friends I think this is a perfect date spot. I intend to give my children a treat for their anniversary! Couldn't think of a nicer place. Our waiter, I believe his name was Antinen was very knowledgeable on everything on the menu and was very sociable and polite to our table. I will definitely be going back ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep returningDwieBabkiDined on 1/4/2014Had a great experience dining here before and had to return for my Mama's birthday. The food the decor and the atmosphere were superb. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterBynabellaDined on 12/31/2013Went on New Years Eve, requested table by window. Upon arrival this was not acknowledged and was informed there would be a 20 minute wait. We went to the bar, found seats...waited to be noticed. We ordered wine and there were not wine glasses available...waited for wine glasses. Finally received our drinks and we were promptly ready to be seated. They requested us to close the tab in order to be seated. We were seated in a loud central area of the restaurant with view of the bar back. I had called in advance to ask about the and was advised the regular menu would be available, it was not. Food was average to less than. We ordered another round of drinks with arrival of the entree and the drinks arrived in time for the dishes to be cleared.
- New Years Eve dinnerHASSDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve dinner at any restaurant is always a gamble. Moonstruck had a New Years Eve menu - fewer choices and higher prices. But not outrageous compared to others. Food quality was not dimished - everyone was well satisfied with their choices. Service was a bit slow and, when he showed up, our waiter was obviously rushed and therefore a bit brusque. Not surprising - the restaurant was packed to capacity. But Moonstruck is still Moonstruck - decor has been freshened, of course, but hasn't changed in 25 years. That's a good thing - it was a great design then and now. It's still a comfortable, charming place and I've never had a bad meal here. All told, if you must dine out on New Years, Moonstruck handles it as well as anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remembermstarragonDined on 12/27/2013Had many great meals at Moonstruck over the years. Not this one. Ambience was fine, but service was slow, maybe because it was the holidays and the restaurant was fairly crowded. The waiter did his best. He even offered to chill my glass of wine, which was getting warm as we waited for appetizers. The mushroom soup was a disappointment, not very flavorful. For main courses, we had scallops (very good) and salmon with lobster risotto (chef's special), which was so-so. They ran out of tiramisu, so we skipped dessert. The owner of Moonstruck was very visible but never stopped by to inquire about our experience. He did stop by to chat with people at the next table who he seemed to know. At some point we'll give Moonstruck another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencewildoneDined on 12/11/2013We go to Moonstruck for special occasions as well as just wanting to enjoy a good meal in a quiet, beautiful setting with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonstruck is the premierKennyVegasVIPDined on 11/28/2013Moonstruck is the premier restaurant in Northeast Philadelphia. The ambiance, food, and service are the best. Toto (the owner) is an excellent host and makes sure that everything is perfect.Special Features:
- A Happy Thanksgiving!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed our Thanksgiving @ Moonstruck. Waitress was distant and did not look happy about working Thanksgiving. Once she took our order, brought drinks, we basically never saw her again until dessert time. Other people came to give water, etc., but she never asked us if everything was Ok/ check to see if we needed anything. We will go back, but will make sure that we do not get the same server. She was lucky that we gave her a very generous tip because it was Thanksgiving and the food was very good! Suggestions: Dismiss employees who look as if they dislike their jobs; dinners do not want to see miserable waitresses when they are eating; there are plenty of other restaurants who consistently give service with a smile which goes a long way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day!2lk350Dined on 11/28/2013The light meal of baked bass and vegetables was a pleasant alternate to the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. That's why we came back a second yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencewildoneDined on 11/24/2013I have had dinner at this restaurant often. I love the quiet, romantic and cozy ambiance. I ordered pork rolitini stuffed with broccoli rabe and it was amazing. I had their meatballs and they were cooked to perfection, not too hard, not to soft with an amazing sauce. The meatballs were so good I encouraged my husband to order them too. Always a great experience. A local gem with an upscale feeling.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencem704Dined on 11/17/2013I made reservations for dinner for my boyfriend's birthday. He said it was one of his favorite places; I had never been there before. We both cook and love good food. I can't pick one course to highlight, they were all delicious. If you want really excellent food with a casual and quiet atmosphere, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnersouthphillygirlVIPDined on 11/9/2013We love this place! Have not visited for a few years and returned this past Saturday. The food and service were excellent. The desserts were also outstanding. Glad we decided to return for a repeat visit. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- One thing missing..........Protector1020Dined on 11/1/2013I chose this restaurant for a first date which also happened to be my dates birthday. I was looking for something quiet, with a nice intimate atmosphere and of course, good food. For the most part I was not disappointed. The restaurant was clean and the tables were situated so as to give plenty of privacy. The waiter was a very nice guy and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The food was excellent, with one notable exception, at least or me. EXTREMELY SMALL PORTIONS. When I leave a restaurant looking for a burger, or me that is not desirable. Apart from that, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service. There wasOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/27/2013Very slow service. There was one waitress for the entire restaurant. It took forever to get appetizers (which did not come out together) The lack of service made the entire dinning experience an absolute disaster. Food was mediocre at best. This was what we would have called a neighborhood gem but no more.
- Not As Special as it used to beFoodCritic007VIPDined on 10/25/2013Prix Fixe menu is a nice idea, but a new vibrant chef and menu is what is needed to keep this restaurant from falling into extinction. The interior is a clean & polished as ever, yet unless everyone dines here for Early Bird specials, I've yet to see a 1/2 full dining room. Reservations aren't really needed here on most nights. There is nothing else around like Moonstruck so they should try to capitalize on this more. On our recent visit we had grilled calamari, very rubbery and the radicchio and some other vegetable that it rested on, were bitter, as was the iceberg salad (their take on a Wedge salad). Entrees were really nothing special and I ordered the Salmon filet special, wish I hadn't, nothing special about it.Special Features: