105 Rockaway Beach Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moonrakerpacifica.com/
- Phone: (650) 557-7025
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Open at 4:30pm daily
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2pm $29.95 per person (with mimosas and sparkling wine $39.95) / kids $12.95 (12 & under)
Dinner: Sunday - 5pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday 5pm-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 11:00am / Sunday 7:00am - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Yeafoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday night 6:30pm-9:30pm, check our website for updates
- Special Events: Moonraker has plenty of space for corporate events, weddings, and other events. The restaurant has access to two banquet spaces within the building that can hold parties of up to 120 and 180 guests and a private dining room holding up to 20 guests, as well as the main restaurant that can accommodate 200 for guests interested in a restaurant buyout.
A word from Moonraker
This historic space holds one of the most breathtaking views in the Bay Area, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and the surf. Weeks of renovation have seen more than five tons of wooden beams removed and recycled for local building projects and a complete redesign of the spaceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moonraker - Best Restaurants in Pacifica ›
Moonraker reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (98)romantic (81)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)Show More
- Good for Pacifica not SF.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014We made reservation's at 6:15 on Saturday. We walked in and stood there for 15 minutes before the hostess and the manager acknowledge us. They were talking to one person. This person didn't have reservation's or even spent money . Sat us by the kitchen door, no view of the ocean. The server was good, food was good. After spending $200.00 at Moonraker for dinner, I don't think I'll be back for dinner. I'll be back for breakfeastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014We ate at Moonraker for a Sunday brunch. We were told that the buffet which costs about $30 per person was the only option for breakfast. If you want alcohol plan on adding another $10 per person. We were disappointed not only in the lack of variety of the buffet food but the quality as well. We stayed at the Best Western Lighthouse Plus Hotel which gave us a 10% coupon to put towards breakfast at Moonraker. However, we were told by our waitress that it was only for breakfast and not the brunch. Interesting considering we were told brunch was the only option for breakfast. The beautiful ocean view and somewhat friendly staff helped salvage our experience at Moonraker. We left feeling like probably the main reason this restaurant is still in business is because of the ocean view. Location. Location. Location.Special Features:
- Disappointing EntreeFoodie24Dined on 11/15/2014It started off well. They had very good oysters and the crabcakes were very good. We had a good bottle of wine. However, when the entrees arrived, we were very disappointed. I ordered the surf & turf: scallops with kobe beef and my wife had lobster. The scallops were over cooked and hard and the kobe was underneath each scallop which by all accounts were not very big - total 6 scallops and very small portions of kobe!! My wife's lobster were dry and a little too salty. Pricey dinner, not worth it. Very disappointing...
- Really?PeterCVIPDined on 11/15/2014Why do you give one server every table in the restaurant?
- Great dinner!mb57Dined on 11/15/2014We had an ocean front booth - so amazing. We really enjoyed our appetizers (bowl of clam chower and the brussel sprouts) and our entrees (salmon and steak). Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance is in the airStarsInOUrEyesDined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary this weekend. We had requested a window table since the restaurant is overlooking the ocean. We were able to watch the sunset. What a gorgeous sight! The food was amazing. Clam chowder, butternut squash bisque, Roasted Dungeness crab and the seared Ahi Tuna with lobster risotto. For dessert, the pear creme brulee was so amazing. We also got the Chocolate Pave which was also amazing. I'm a chocolate lover, but the Brulee was so perfect. I appreciated that they wrote "Happy Anniversary" on the dessert plate to make it special. The staff was very attentive, but not overly so. We both loved it. They also have a Happy Hour that we attended. discounted specialty drinks and appetizers. A great way to start the night. We attended the Sunday brunch as well. More crab (my husband LOVES crab), Eggs Benedict, and various other goodies (too many to list). I will say that they Blueberry Belgium Waffle was worth ordering (no additional charge). We may make this a yearly visit for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCrusherDined on 11/8/2014You can't beat the view. The food and service were average at best.Special Features:
- Good Choice on the CoastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Beautiful view is the highlight. Nice lighting to feature ocean wave. Food choices plentiful and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good food & serviceEdwardDined on 10/24/2014Dinner at The Moonraker was, as usual, great. The service was excellent. The food was generally great but had one problem: too much salt. The Oysters Rockefeller were tasty but salty. The seared Ahi was just wonderful but the lobster risotto was definitely over salted. Desert was great. Overall a great experience, but the kitchen should go easier on the salt.Special Features:
- WonderfulZoroDined on 10/21/2014Went there for my girlfriends birthday. Request a boot overlooking the ocean. Great service, great seafood, romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationbaywesVIPDined on 10/19/2014Wow! What a difference! We hadn't been here in quite a few years. The reason you go here is for the view of the Pacific Ocean and watching the waves. The setting is just wonderful. The food was never really that good however, this time it was a surprise. The food was excellent and the service was much better. It was a totally different restaurant. The red velvet cake for my birthday was really good too. So happy to see this place rebound and be a great restaurant to go with the amazing view and setting.Special Features:
- A Beautiful view with great food4goodfoodDined on 10/19/2014We have visited the Moonraker several times for the Sunday Brunch and have always found the food and the service to be excellent. We drive 62 miles each way to visit Moonraker because we think it is a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and delicious foodfood2explore21Dined on 10/18/2014Got to have beef tartare for appetizer. For entree, I had filet of beef, so juicy and soft. The wild boar is also very nice. I always go back every so often for dinner and have always enjoyed my meal there with good views. You can also enjoy a beautiful sunset, very romantic if you are dining with someone special. If you still have room, can try the creme brûlée for dessert Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatre dinnerwaterlover9Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was unfriendly and unavailable to help us. The bus boy had to take care of our needs. The orders were wrong, but we couldn't tell him because he wasn't around. The view is spectacular, but the sunshades didn't work well and so we had to adjust our seating so the sun wouldn't be in our eyes.Special Features:
- Still doing greatMudslideVIPDined on 10/15/2014Enjoyed our previous visit and happy that things are still the same. Excellent service and food. I had the salmon pinwheel with lentils and my wife had the boar bolognese pasta. Flavorful and nice presentation. Great food, elegant atmosphere, and a stunning ocean view. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014Went to Moonraker for our Anniversary and had a great time enjoying the beautiful view, watching the surfers finish their day and having a very good meal. Will surely return.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantKarenRDined on 10/12/2014Took some friends out for dinner on a Sunday evening, after they landed at SFO so wanted something south of the airport. Found Moonraker on Trip Advisor where it was highly rated. I was delighted to get a booth for the four of us with a front and central view of the surf. I'd requested a view when booking via Open Table. We each had two courses and enjoyed them greatly for the most part. One diner found the PEI mussels a bit disappointing. Other than that everyone enjoyed their meals. The beet salad and the Scallops were amazing. I will be back for my next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dining experienceNoviceDined on 10/11/2014Entree recommendations were made by the waiter and 2 of us chose our entrees accordingly. Unfortunately the ahi tuna entree was not up to par; the risotto was too thick and not very tasty and the tuna should get just an OK rating. The diner that ordered the scallops enjoyed it as did the diner with the prawn surf & turf entree. The crab cake appetizer was fair, not great. The evening was a farewell dinner; the view was outstanding and we appreciated being able to have a conversation in normal speaking voices. Overall, it is a pricey meal for an average to below average rating by our group.Special Features:
- Very goodspoonyDined on 10/10/2014Everything was great. The food, drinks, and especially the servers. We will be coming back for sure. The NY steak was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatLaHeCoVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were staying near the airport and ventured out to eat. We found Moonraker online with great reviews. Overall, it was a good experience. The building had the smell of an old building. The food was very good along with a good waiter. The view of the ocean was outstanding, but I am not sure it would bring us back for a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the moonrakerelmoonrakerDined on 10/3/2014the moon raker was excellent, the food,the service,the view & the live music.. gave it the perfect place to dine out with a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and service!GlobalTravelerNDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014$1 oysters during happy hours and early bird special menu were both a steal! The quality of the food was excellent, and our server was extremely attentive and pleasant. We had a great time! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 28Mom05112014Dined on 9/28/2014The Moonraker has always been one of my favorite restaurants. The food was great, service was very good and the view of the ocean and sunset were spectacular.Special Features:
- Fantastic food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/27/2014A party of 5 adults and two pre-teens were treated like royalty. We all loved our beet salads, caesar salads, and various entrees of pastas, scallops, New York steak, special fish entree and special meat entree. Service was wonderful, friendly, informative when ordering, eager to please when asked about minor menu changes, no problem with bringing extra plates for sharing. This was a special occasion gathering and we thank the Moonraker for making it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a date night!MmmmMmmmGoodDined on 9/26/2014As a Pacifica local, I have been going to the Moonraker's Sunday brunch for as long as I can remember, but dinner is a different occasion. It was quiet romantic date night. The food was great, the service fast and the views were astounding.Special Features:
- DinnerJaneDined on 9/25/2014Our experience was very disappointing. The soup is served either by taste or bowl. The taste, I expected, was like a cup vs. a bowl. The taste was about 2 ounces. It was lobster bisque (I think they called it something else) and there was no lobster in it and didn't taste like lobster at all and it was frothy. We had the pot roast for the entree. Although the taste was very good, the beef was not tender and had a lot of gristle. When I told the waiter about it, he did not respond with any regrets or offer to reconcile our dissatisfaction. The view was spectacular !! But I would not recommend the restaurant nor would I return.Special Features:
- fastfreddyDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I have eaten at Moonraker several times and have loved it each time. The wine choice is great, the food delicious and the service outstanding. We are especially fond of the 48 hour pot roast. It is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HappyDined on 9/20/2014Impeccable in every way. We had dinner and drinks here for our anniversary and there is no better place we could have gone to for the scenic view with the price.Special Features:
- finally got it downSMJPCFCAVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been to Moonraker serveral times and the food's been mediocre, which is surprising from the chef's background and last restaurant in Pacifica, Barolo. They've incorporated some of the old specialties from Barolo and expanded the menu nicely. The view is great, but you do pay for it. This time, the chef and staff hit the mark, we had a wonderful meal, the Angus filet was heavenly. The view and price were always SF level, now the food is too!Special Features:
- Nice Ambience, Friendly staff.EdekDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant staff was very friendly and even gave us an anniversary cake. We had a GREAT time. :) P.S. The cup of chowder and salad we ordered came with less than the usual size portion though. Food was good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBLLVIPDined on 9/18/2014Probably the best oceanview restaurant in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- John was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014We decided to dine here while staying in Pacifica. We asked John our waiter for suggestions and he did not steer us wrong. I highly recommend the Lamb! Way to much for one person but it was the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014All the dishes were extremely well done. The service was so slow that we had to ask where our food was. Some of the tables that came later than us had been served at least a half hour before we asked if our order had been lost. Maybe it was the particular waiter we had. Everyone was very pleasant and courteous, and the view is wonderful. We enjoyed our dinners once they had been served. This is a very special occasion restaurant; but check to make sure the waiter is on board to make your dinner pleasant.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and views!SherryDined on 9/13/2014Best Scallops Ever! Ocean views are spectacular. Resonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!hatsoff2uDined on 9/13/2014The Moonraker was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. The view of the ocean was wonderful. We loved our private booth and enjoyed the good food. Thank you, Moonraker, for the wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great view, meh foodAmberDined on 9/13/2014The waiter was really nice and the view was fantastic. I got the salmon pinwheel - the salmon and potatoes were good, but the corn/veggie mix tasted like plastic and I couldn't eat it. My friend got the squid ink/seafood pasta, which was pretty good but somehow also had a little of that plastic flavor to it. I felt like we could have gotten much better food just down the road, although the view wouldn't have been as great.Special Features:
- DinningexperienceDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 47 wedding anniversary and the Moonracker enhanced the day. Our waiter, Tony, also did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewRyanDined on 9/8/2014This place was right next to our hotel. Amazing view of the ocean. The food was pretty good, but we specifically liked this place because of the view. They have mirrors in the restaurant so no matter where you are sitting you can see the ocean. A lot of the tables are designed so the seating is facing the back windows overlooking the ocean. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food with a viewallyDined on 9/7/2014the food here is delicious. the restaurant overlooks the ocean, great for a sunset dinner. the staff is delightful. i ate here the night before my wedding and again on my 1 year wedding anniversary. they helped make a special night great!Special Features:
- We were very pleased and happy!!!!!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We got the table on-time. Great location!!! the service was excellent!!! And the food was delicious!!! I won't hesitate to recommend it to all my relatives and friends!!! We are looking forward to our next dinner @ Moon Raker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.