105 Rockaway Beach Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moonrakerpacifica.com/
- Phone: (650) 557-7025
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Open at 4:30pm daily
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2pm $29.95 per person (with mimosas and sparkling wine $39.95) / kids $12.95 (12 & under)
Dinner: Sunday - 5pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday 5pm-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 11:00am / Sunday 7:00am - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Yeafoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday night 6:30pm-9:30pm, check our website for updates
- Special Events: Moonraker has plenty of space for corporate events, weddings, and other events. The restaurant has access to two banquet spaces within the building that can hold parties of up to 120 and 180 guests and a private dining room holding up to 20 guests, as well as the main restaurant that can accommodate 200 for guests interested in a restaurant buyout.
A word from Moonraker
This historic space holds one of the most breathtaking views in the Bay Area, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and the surf. Weeks of renovation have seen more than five tons of wooden beams removed and recycled for local building projects and a complete redesign of the spaceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moonraker - Best Restaurants in Pacifica ›
Moonraker reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)romantic (81)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)Show More
- We were very pleased and happy!!!!!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We got the table on-time. Great location!!! the service was excellent!!! And the food was delicious!!! I won't hesitate to recommend it to all my relatives and friends!!! We are looking forward to our next dinner @ Moon Raker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLMACDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Moonraker, the ambiance is just relaxing and so romantic. The food is fresh, delicious and it's very delicious. The service was outstanding,they attended to us like it's a private party. Keep up the great job in everything. Thank you so such a fantastic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Beautiful, FunOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Met friends for dinner. Dolphins and a seal kept us entertained. Everything we ate and drank was perfectly seasoned and presented. Service was just right. We visited for about two hours and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Views, Good Food!jaimefr48Dined on 9/3/2014We love the view of the ocean from our table! Gorgeous for sunsets, unless the fog is in and even then, with the floodlights, you still see the mighty waves crashing on the shore. Wonderful food, Great Service, overall, wonderful! Love the lobster tails and glorious desserts!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvgoodfd3Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent chef, ambiance, view every time I dine at the moonraker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Family from Los AngelesMoondelicious1Dined on 8/31/2014Food is outstanding. View out of this world. My Scallops were delicious and perfectly cooked. My husband Pot Roast was very impressive and mouth watering. My Family from Los Angeles wants to come back to Moonraker soon. We'll come back permanently. Service was slow. Thanks. Martha E. Romero Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pairing of food & viewsCharlynMcDined on 8/31/2014A group of us came here for brunch. We were surprised by the food selection... oysters, shrimp, crab, soups, prime rib, waffles, omelets and MORE! We enjoyed the sangria and mimosas while looking out the huge windows to the ocean view. Great value compared to nearby fancy brunch locations along the coast.Special Features:
- An Oldie but a GoodieChrispyDined on 8/30/2014We used to go to the Moonraker in the 70's before high school dances - it was wonderful then and has apparently retained it's reputation. The food was great and our waiter was fabulous. The view is wonderful! If you like old-school ambiance, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- marilynDined on 8/29/2014There is one glitch, I asked for decaf and at 3 a.m. as I was folding laundry was not a happy camper. Would it be gauche to ask a waiter in the future to pour the coffee in front of me so I can be sure........Special Features:
- A beautiful eveningAnamandarisDined on 8/28/2014Reserved in hopes of a romantic anniversary watching a perfect sunset. Well, it was overcast, but everything else was, honestly, perfect. Gracious, attentive, kind service, from the moment we were greeted until we left. The food was solid, the view was beautiful, but the pacing and setting were just perfect. First meal in a while where everything just flowed so well. Luis and the other service staff were excellent, present but not intrusive. The views from the booth seats are impressive. Other guests all seemed to be having a good experience, too. If you didn't pick up on it yet, I had a very positive experience having our anniversary dinner here. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinningDuoVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was so fresh.. From the corn chowder to the flavorful filet mignon... Beautiful Ocean ViewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for the $Mike08Dined on 8/23/2014Drinks were awesome, the main courses, calamari and salmon were good, but not extraordinary. Appetizers (burrata) very good. The view is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Great clam chowder. Good pot roast. Monday prix fixe is great value. Squid ink fettuccine was overcooked. The modern restaurant is beautifully and smartly designed to maximize the number of tables with an ocean view. Interesting dinnerware shaped like ovals, squares, and crescent moons.Special Features:
- Very noisy from private party belowTabehodaiSanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came here the week before and had a great dinner and service. Came back a week later and it wasn't even close to our first experience. There was a wedding party going on below the restaurant that vibrated our seats and overpowered all ambience in Moonraker. I asked to move to the other side of the restaurant but it really didn't change anything noise wise. Hostess thought I was crazy to ask to move with her scowl. I guess the music below bothered the staff as well as my server was barely around and staff hanging out talking a lot. The food was good but I cannot even remember it as the experience was ruined by the crazy loud music from below. And no, we're not seniors or old fogeys. Felt like I wasted my Saturday night evening & $$$Special Features:
- Intimate and divineChefDollyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic staff, delicious food, gorgeous view. Menu is creative, lovely presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and uneven mealRubyVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Moonraker many times and have typically loved the food. This time we were sadly disappointed. The beet salad was lacking in flavor, and the steamed mussels were not only minuscule, but also at least a third of the shells were completely empty. The pot roast was fatty and tough. The meat was sliced in small pieces that were aesthetically unappealing-- looked like school cafeteria meat. They did substitute roasted fingerlings for the mashed, and the fingerlings were cooked perfectly. Another person had the coconut shrimp which she liked a great deal. The best part of the meal was the complementary chocolate layer birthday cake (we were there celebrating someone's birthday), which was beautifully displayed and very delicious.Special Features:
- Enhanced our stay with Best WesternPeteyDined on 8/11/2014We were skeptic of the restaurant but since we didn't feel like driving any great distance for dinner, we opted to eat right next to our Hotel and we were glad that we did. From the drop dead beautiful sunset view to the excellent service to the tasty food, we enjoyed the whole evening. If we ever stay here again, we will surely eat here again. PS: Breakfast was good too!Special Features:
- Always DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014This is a spot me and my wife have gone to for all our "Big Deals" Marriage proposal, House buying, and other of life's big decisions. Wonderful memories here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion our anniversary!AnniversaryDined on 8/3/2014The atmosphere was very nice. We had an ocean view and it was very romantic. The food was outstanding but portions could have been a little larger. The tiramisu was delicious! For what we ordered it was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love watching the ocean at dinner.RosiePosie24Dined on 7/30/2014This is a great restaurant when entertaining guests right on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 469 reviews are from the Moonraker reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014I always loved this place.. tonight on my bday ..the service was slow and the food was not very good... the oysters were really small...It's like we were stuck in the corner and forgotten.. very disappointed.. but thank you for the piece of bday cake..
- Reasonably priced5150stewDined on 7/26/2014I brought my wife here for her Birthday and we were pleasantly surprized. After we had been seated in a booth next to the window overlooking the Ocean, we ate a wonderful filet and lobster dinner. This is a great place to eat although the service could be improved, but over all we would recommend to everyone. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Put them on your listBillVIPDined on 7/22/2014They barely pass my bang/buck test when food alone is is the issue, but the view, service and general ambiance more than make up for it. They have a three course meal before 6:30 which is excellent. Happy hour is also terrific.Special Features:
- Breathtaking nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014my husband and I came her for our wedding anniversary and were pleased with everything! The service was excellent and friendly. The food was amazing. We had the artichoke appetizer, both order the NY steak(cooked perfectly) and ordered the desserts to a much pleasant surprise. The views were beautiful with all the tables facing the sun setting side of the ocean. When the sun set the lighting was dim and set a very romantic tone. Recommend this for nice dinners or lunches and for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnyDined on 7/20/2014Nice to get together with friends here. Nice view. Food is good with this prize. Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gem with fantastic viewAmaraDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated out 19th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service was good. This place is perfect for a romantic dinner or just cocktails. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnergdc1989Dined on 7/19/2014Went to celebrate mom's bday. Great location - poor service, i.e., the servers were very nice and police - that wasn't the issue. It took about 20 minutes for our cocktails and bread to be served. That's too long - dinner was a wait as well. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't recommend for those reasons. For the price, everything should be excellent.
- Thoroughly EnjoyedRowboat62Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was good, great service to a great view. Only downside was that we asked for medium-rare for our steak and we got a well instead....I need my blood. Other than that good experience. I would go back again, the views alone make it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KittyDined on 7/18/2014Everything was fine except 1/2 glass of champagne was 7:50 per 1/2 glass I never heard of such a thing. 3 glasses of champagne were 42.00. 2 orders of oysters Rockefeller plus Gin and tonic $84.00. A Total rip off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crashing Surf and Seafood!Food4thotVIPDined on 7/17/2014If you like watching the surf crashing as you dine on surf and turf, this is your spot...lobster tasted so good, I can't even describe it....steak so tender and juicy....beet salad superb, all with a colorful presentation....our waiter, Luis, was not only professional, but also warm and friendly....only negative, the grand mariner bread pudding....couldn't taste the grand marnier.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous ViewsEspanolaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great pacific views, very romantic and relaxing. The food was very good and the service was great. Will highly recommend it. The place itself needs some remodeling and updating.Special Features:
- nice Sunday brunchunclesketchygaloreDined on 7/6/2014Moonraker puts on an impressive spread for its 2 seatings, 10:30 am and 1pm for Sunday brunch. The ocean view is panoramic. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mooning Over DinnerigorshunchDined on 7/5/2014The food was superb. The only problem of the evening was deciding what to choose from the menu. My wife began with the Dungeness Crab cakes appetizer, while I selected the Oysters Rockefeller; we shared a Caesar Salad. The main course was broiled, twin lobster tails, accompanied by sauteed vegetables and fingerling potatoes, for my better half. I elected Seared Ahi tuna, with smoked paprika lobster risotto, hedgehog mushrooms and porcini foam. Desert was creme brule and coffee. I requested a booth by the window. We could not have been happier with our seating and our view of the Pacific. The staff was excellent; the most attentive (yet unobtrusive) waiter I have ever had. Truly a wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend Moonraker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, music and meal!FoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a great view and evening we had last night. We really enjoyed the music from the lounge, didn't know they had a live band and it was a great vibe for the atmosphere. Three of us had the double lobster tail dinners, it was fabulous, perfectly cooked, fresh and delicious. One of us had the ahi, very good. The lobster bisque cappucino was a fun surprise and the chocolate cake dessert very good. The service was also very good and all together, made for a wonderful meal and dining experience.Special Features:
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The view was amazing! I felt spoiled sitting in a booth facing the ocean. There was wonderful live musing playing in the bar area. The musician was fantastic. The food however was disappointing. The ceasar salad was drenched with mayo, the table bread was a sweet roll. This was not appetizing. Sourdough bread is ideal with a 90% seafood menu. In addition, the chippino soup was not very flavorful. Lastly, the crab cakes were dry. I hope this feedback helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & great foodfood2explore21VIPDined on 7/4/2014Dining while enjoying view of the ocean and clashing of the waves is out of the ordinary, just romantic!!I enjoyed their beef tartare on the appetizer menu. My fiance didn't think I would like that but I did. I ordered Ahi Tuna for entree and it went well with the Riesling I ordered. It was perfect night and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsmacsgr8fulDined on 7/4/2014Spectacular view, great food and drinks, and service has always been top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch the SunsetSFgalVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food delicious and tastefully presented. Ask for a window seat and watch the sunset. Don't be in a hurry-service was slow between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicemishikafordDined on 6/28/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Sat near the window and watched the sunset. Food was delicious and the scenery made the evening spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 6/27/2014I really appreciate good food and both salmon and Kobe beef was perfect. The non alcoholic cocktail was really delicious. We also enjoyed the company of our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.