105 Rockaway Beach Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moonrakerpacifica.com/
- Phone: 6505577025x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Open at 4:30pm daily
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2pm $29.95 per person (with mimosas and sparkling wine $39.95) / kids $12.95 (12 & under)
Dinner: Sunday - 5pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday 5pm-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 11:00am / Sunday 7:00am - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Yeafoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday night 6:30pm-9:30pm, check our website for updates
- Special Events: Moonraker has plenty of space for corporate events, weddings, and other events. The restaurant has access to two banquet spaces within the building that can hold parties of up to 120 and 180 guests and a private dining room holding up to 20 guests, as well as the main restaurant that can accommodate 200 for guests interested in a restaurant buyout.
A word from Moonraker
This historic space holds one of the most breathtaking views in the Bay Area, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and the surf. Weeks of renovation have seen more than five tons of wooden beams removed and recycled for local building projects and a complete redesign of the spaceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moonraker - Best Restaurants in Pacifica ›
Moonraker reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)romantic (84)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Still doing greatMudslideVIPDined on 10/15/2014Enjoyed our previous visit and happy that things are still the same. Excellent service and food. I had the salmon pinwheel with lentils and my wife had the boar bolognese pasta. Flavorful and nice presentation. Great food, elegant atmosphere, and a stunning ocean view. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014Went to Moonraker for our Anniversary and had a great time enjoying the beautiful view, watching the surfers finish their day and having a very good meal. Will surely return.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantKarenRDined on 10/12/2014Took some friends out for dinner on a Sunday evening, after they landed at SFO so wanted something south of the airport. Found Moonraker on Trip Advisor where it was highly rated. I was delighted to get a booth for the four of us with a front and central view of the surf. I'd requested a view when booking via Open Table. We each had two courses and enjoyed them greatly for the most part. One diner found the PEI mussels a bit disappointing. Other than that everyone enjoyed their meals. The beet salad and the Scallops were amazing. I will be back for my next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dining experienceNoviceDined on 10/11/2014Entree recommendations were made by the waiter and 2 of us chose our entrees accordingly. Unfortunately the ahi tuna entree was not up to par; the risotto was too thick and not very tasty and the tuna should get just an OK rating. The diner that ordered the scallops enjoyed it as did the diner with the prawn surf & turf entree. The crab cake appetizer was fair, not great. The evening was a farewell dinner; the view was outstanding and we appreciated being able to have a conversation in normal speaking voices. Overall, it is a pricey meal for an average to below average rating by our group.Special Features:
- Very goodspoonyDined on 10/10/2014Everything was great. The food, drinks, and especially the servers. We will be coming back for sure. The NY steak was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatLaHeCoVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were staying near the airport and ventured out to eat. We found Moonraker online with great reviews. Overall, it was a good experience. The building had the smell of an old building. The food was very good along with a good waiter. The view of the ocean was outstanding, but I am not sure it would bring us back for a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the moonrakerelmoonrakerDined on 10/3/2014the moon raker was excellent, the food,the service,the view & the live music.. gave it the perfect place to dine out with a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and service!GlobalTravelerNDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014$1 oysters during happy hours and early bird special menu were both a steal! The quality of the food was excellent, and our server was extremely attentive and pleasant. We had a great time! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 28Mom05112014Dined on 9/28/2014The Moonraker has always been one of my favorite restaurants. The food was great, service was very good and the view of the ocean and sunset were spectacular.Special Features:
- Fantastic food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/27/2014A party of 5 adults and two pre-teens were treated like royalty. We all loved our beet salads, caesar salads, and various entrees of pastas, scallops, New York steak, special fish entree and special meat entree. Service was wonderful, friendly, informative when ordering, eager to please when asked about minor menu changes, no problem with bringing extra plates for sharing. This was a special occasion gathering and we thank the Moonraker for making it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a date night!MmmmMmmmGoodDined on 9/26/2014As a Pacifica local, I have been going to the Moonraker's Sunday brunch for as long as I can remember, but dinner is a different occasion. It was quiet romantic date night. The food was great, the service fast and the views were astounding.Special Features:
- DinnerJaneDined on 9/25/2014Our experience was very disappointing. The soup is served either by taste or bowl. The taste, I expected, was like a cup vs. a bowl. The taste was about 2 ounces. It was lobster bisque (I think they called it something else) and there was no lobster in it and didn't taste like lobster at all and it was frothy. We had the pot roast for the entree. Although the taste was very good, the beef was not tender and had a lot of gristle. When I told the waiter about it, he did not respond with any regrets or offer to reconcile our dissatisfaction. The view was spectacular !! But I would not recommend the restaurant nor would I return.Special Features:
- fastfreddyDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I have eaten at Moonraker several times and have loved it each time. The wine choice is great, the food delicious and the service outstanding. We are especially fond of the 48 hour pot roast. It is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HappyDined on 9/20/2014Impeccable in every way. We had dinner and drinks here for our anniversary and there is no better place we could have gone to for the scenic view with the price.Special Features:
- finally got it downSMJPCFCAVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been to Moonraker serveral times and the food's been mediocre, which is surprising from the chef's background and last restaurant in Pacifica, Barolo. They've incorporated some of the old specialties from Barolo and expanded the menu nicely. The view is great, but you do pay for it. This time, the chef and staff hit the mark, we had a wonderful meal, the Angus filet was heavenly. The view and price were always SF level, now the food is too!Special Features:
- Nice Ambience, Friendly staff.EdekDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant staff was very friendly and even gave us an anniversary cake. We had a GREAT time. :) P.S. The cup of chowder and salad we ordered came with less than the usual size portion though. Food was good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBLLVIPDined on 9/18/2014Probably the best oceanview restaurant in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- John was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014We decided to dine here while staying in Pacifica. We asked John our waiter for suggestions and he did not steer us wrong. I highly recommend the Lamb! Way to much for one person but it was the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014All the dishes were extremely well done. The service was so slow that we had to ask where our food was. Some of the tables that came later than us had been served at least a half hour before we asked if our order had been lost. Maybe it was the particular waiter we had. Everyone was very pleasant and courteous, and the view is wonderful. We enjoyed our dinners once they had been served. This is a very special occasion restaurant; but check to make sure the waiter is on board to make your dinner pleasant.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and views!SherryDined on 9/13/2014Best Scallops Ever! Ocean views are spectacular. Resonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!hatsoff2uDined on 9/13/2014The Moonraker was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. The view of the ocean was wonderful. We loved our private booth and enjoyed the good food. Thank you, Moonraker, for the wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great view, meh foodAmberDined on 9/13/2014The waiter was really nice and the view was fantastic. I got the salmon pinwheel - the salmon and potatoes were good, but the corn/veggie mix tasted like plastic and I couldn't eat it. My friend got the squid ink/seafood pasta, which was pretty good but somehow also had a little of that plastic flavor to it. I felt like we could have gotten much better food just down the road, although the view wouldn't have been as great.Special Features:
- DinningexperienceDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 47 wedding anniversary and the Moonracker enhanced the day. Our waiter, Tony, also did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewRyanDined on 9/8/2014This place was right next to our hotel. Amazing view of the ocean. The food was pretty good, but we specifically liked this place because of the view. They have mirrors in the restaurant so no matter where you are sitting you can see the ocean. A lot of the tables are designed so the seating is facing the back windows overlooking the ocean. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food with a viewallyDined on 9/7/2014the food here is delicious. the restaurant overlooks the ocean, great for a sunset dinner. the staff is delightful. i ate here the night before my wedding and again on my 1 year wedding anniversary. they helped make a special night great!Special Features:
- We were very pleased and happy!!!!!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We got the table on-time. Great location!!! the service was excellent!!! And the food was delicious!!! I won't hesitate to recommend it to all my relatives and friends!!! We are looking forward to our next dinner @ Moon Raker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLMACDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Moonraker, the ambiance is just relaxing and so romantic. The food is fresh, delicious and it's very delicious. The service was outstanding,they attended to us like it's a private party. Keep up the great job in everything. Thank you so such a fantastic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Beautiful, FunOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014Met friends for dinner. Dolphins and a seal kept us entertained. Everything we ate and drank was perfectly seasoned and presented. Service was just right. We visited for about two hours and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Views, Good Food!jaimefr48Dined on 9/3/2014We love the view of the ocean from our table! Gorgeous for sunsets, unless the fog is in and even then, with the floodlights, you still see the mighty waves crashing on the shore. Wonderful food, Great Service, overall, wonderful! Love the lobster tails and glorious desserts!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvgoodfd3Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent chef, ambiance, view every time I dine at the moonraker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Family from Los AngelesMoondelicious1Dined on 8/31/2014Food is outstanding. View out of this world. My Scallops were delicious and perfectly cooked. My husband Pot Roast was very impressive and mouth watering. My Family from Los Angeles wants to come back to Moonraker soon. We'll come back permanently. Service was slow. Thanks. Martha E. Romero Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pairing of food & viewsCharlynMcDined on 8/31/2014A group of us came here for brunch. We were surprised by the food selection... oysters, shrimp, crab, soups, prime rib, waffles, omelets and MORE! We enjoyed the sangria and mimosas while looking out the huge windows to the ocean view. Great value compared to nearby fancy brunch locations along the coast.Special Features:
- An Oldie but a GoodieChrispyDined on 8/30/2014We used to go to the Moonraker in the 70's before high school dances - it was wonderful then and has apparently retained it's reputation. The food was great and our waiter was fabulous. The view is wonderful! If you like old-school ambiance, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- marilynDined on 8/29/2014There is one glitch, I asked for decaf and at 3 a.m. as I was folding laundry was not a happy camper. Would it be gauche to ask a waiter in the future to pour the coffee in front of me so I can be sure........Special Features:
- A beautiful eveningAnamandarisDined on 8/28/2014Reserved in hopes of a romantic anniversary watching a perfect sunset. Well, it was overcast, but everything else was, honestly, perfect. Gracious, attentive, kind service, from the moment we were greeted until we left. The food was solid, the view was beautiful, but the pacing and setting were just perfect. First meal in a while where everything just flowed so well. Luis and the other service staff were excellent, present but not intrusive. The views from the booth seats are impressive. Other guests all seemed to be having a good experience, too. If you didn't pick up on it yet, I had a very positive experience having our anniversary dinner here. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinningDuoDined on 8/24/2014Everything was so fresh.. From the corn chowder to the flavorful filet mignon... Beautiful Ocean ViewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for the $Mike08Dined on 8/23/2014Drinks were awesome, the main courses, calamari and salmon were good, but not extraordinary. Appetizers (burrata) very good. The view is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Great clam chowder. Good pot roast. Monday prix fixe is great value. Squid ink fettuccine was overcooked. The modern restaurant is beautifully and smartly designed to maximize the number of tables with an ocean view. Interesting dinnerware shaped like ovals, squares, and crescent moons.Special Features:
- Very noisy from private party belowTabehodaiSanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came here the week before and had a great dinner and service. Came back a week later and it wasn't even close to our first experience. There was a wedding party going on below the restaurant that vibrated our seats and overpowered all ambience in Moonraker. I asked to move to the other side of the restaurant but it really didn't change anything noise wise. Hostess thought I was crazy to ask to move with her scowl. I guess the music below bothered the staff as well as my server was barely around and staff hanging out talking a lot. The food was good but I cannot even remember it as the experience was ruined by the crazy loud music from below. And no, we're not seniors or old fogeys. Felt like I wasted my Saturday night evening & $$$Special Features:
- Intimate and divineChefDollyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic staff, delicious food, gorgeous view. Menu is creative, lovely presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.