MoonFish - Orlando
7525 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
MoonFish - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 363-7262
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from MoonFish - Orlando
One of Orlando's most innovative restaurants, MoonFish serves the “Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth”™ - from the usual to the exotic. In addition to its fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish offers Prime and Choice mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit searing in the flavor. A raw bar with everything from oysters to beef tartar and an intriguing sushi menu, offering only the freshest sushi, sashimi and anything legally raw make this your one stop dining option. The vibrant atmosphere at MoonFish combines modern ingenuity with a blend of Pan-Asian, Cajun, Pacific Rim and Floribbean flare to stimulate your senses. Numerous awards ranging from the prestigious DiRōNA Award, "Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau and Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award Of Excellence make MoonFish a dining experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
MoonFish - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
MoonFish - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (71)romantic (54)notable wine list (54)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Disappointed this timeBadgerVIPDined on 6/11/2013I took a customer during my recent visit &was disappointed by the flow of the evening. We sat at the bar when we got there and told the host when everyone arrived. They said they would come and get us, and never did. I checked back with them and they said they were ready-they forgot us. Strike 1. When the appetizers came the crab claws came as an order of 3, however there were 4 of us. I ordered 1 extra. The extra claw never came. When everyone was long finished with their appetizers the server came back and said they had run out of claws. Strike 2. Dinners came, and the side of asparagus didn't. We were nearly finished with our meals & the asparagus arrived. Strike 3. The food we got was good, but overall it was just an awekward night.
- Not worth the moneySuchafoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2013The service was great but the food is just not good! Everything we ordered was bland from the fried green tomatoes to the lobster tails and snapper. This restaurant has a great ambience but if they hired a chef that could actually cook.. Maybe they would have a full house once in awhile.Special Features:
- Excellent birthday celebrationKK36Dined on 6/9/2013My experience was outstanding at the moonfish. My waiter Jonathan was absolutely excellent with precise choices. I appreciated Jonathan not over recommending food items just for a large bill, but taking the time to listen to what was appealing and what he thought would match myself and significant others appetite. This was my second visit to Moonfish and I would definitely dine here I dr and over again. I was overly pleased with my birthday dinner. Thank you Jonathan and the Moonfish restaurant for an outstanding night. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff and cookingTNtravelersDined on 6/7/2013They have it together! Angel was our server and the service and food was so good we went the next night. Shrimp, Grouper, Lobster Tail, Seabass! Also loves the side orders creed corn, spinich, and garlic mashed potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSamanthaDined on 6/5/2013As always, service and food were excellent. I will go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodVinceVIPDined on 6/3/2013Our waiter was very attentive and very knowledgeable of the food, it's preparation and the wine list. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- OverpricedDiscriminateDinerVIPDined on 6/2/2013Have been here twice (5 years apart). The food is good and the wine list is fine. A few dollars less expensive and it would be a a great place. I walked out both times thinking it was a good meal but overpriced and I rarely feel that way anywhere.
- Great Experience - Great FoodGBvisitorDined on 6/1/2013Our business group of 9 people had a wonderful experience! Kelly did a great job servicing all our needs! Days after, everyone continued to rave about the food....especially three of us that had the stuffed shrimp & scallop dish. Thank you for making it a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishing for food? Good option.DrQMedicineWomanDined on 5/31/2013Price range: moderately high; portion size-decent. Menu: For seafood lovers. If not; other choices are limited with high price and average quality. Date; casual dining, group event fits the environment. Great bar. All drinks are served by the glass only; even sangria (excellent) is only by glass versus typical pitcher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment.DavidDined on 5/31/2013The atmosphere is very attractive and the friendliness of everyone when we were seated was excellent. But then it was all down hill. The calamarie was chewy rubber, the fish was overlooked and the steak had as much fat as meat. Our server was absent once our orders were delivered (the other servers around us were constantly attending to their tables). We had to ask for bread, the rice that was was suppose to come with the fish dish was forgotten and the salad dressing came well after the salad was delivered. The disappointment was amplified by the cost. Entrees average $30 and appetizers $10. For that price, we expected a much better experience.Special Features:
- Happy HourCindyVIPDined on 5/28/2013Early dinner before a show, became Happy Hour at the sushi bar. Olga, our server, was attentive and friendly. Passing on the drink specials, ordered a bottle of Stag's Leap Sauvigon Blanc which though crisp could have been chilled a bit more. The Volcano Roll and Double Tuna rolls were delish. The 1/2 doz oysters on the half shell were flavorful but needed to be chilled to enhance their flavor. 1/2 doz x large shrimp were slightly overcooked and again needed to be chilled. The saving grace for the raw bar items was the generous serving of prepared horseradish to custom mix our own cocktail sauce. I'd give this place another chance but stick strictly to sushi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDianeVIPDined on 5/26/2013We had a 7: 15p reservation and were seated promptly. The first thing that struck us was the beauty of the restaurants decor. I was dining with my husband and teenage children. Great menu and specials. I ordered the surf and turf which was very tasty. My husband had the stuffed shrimp which was also a big hit. My son's all you can eat shrimp was good- however it took over 15 minutes to bring more shrimp. Service was excellent. The servers were all great. I would recommend this restaurant if the family is in the mood for a nice seafood dinner while in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJoecatDined on 5/25/2013We have been to moon fish several times and have had a fabulous meal every time. The GM Adam & the mgr Eric are always walking around making sure the customers are happy. Angelo, our waiter for the evening was very attentive but not overly aggressive. The meal was wonderful, I reccomend the Chilean sea bass it was wonderful. We highly suggest you try Moonfish it's truly a great place.Special Features:
- Had a reservation for 8:15,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013Had a reservation for 8:15, got seated at almost 9.Special Features:
- The sushi was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013The sushi was excellent. The grilled foods were excellent. We enjoyed the evening but were disappointed in some of the food and the service. The fried soft-shell crab was deep batter-fried and I suspect there may not have been a crab inside...What is worse, the waiter delivered a dinner-sized portion when I had clearly specified I wanted it only as an appetizer (since I had also ordered sushi and grilled oysters). The waiter had trouble coordinating the orders for a very tolerant table of 4, and the wait between courses was very long.Special Features:
- Great food - fun for our group of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013I like to ask my server for recommendations, which I did and the food was amazing. The others I was with did not like theirs as much, thought it was good, but not great, but they did not take the advice of our wonderful server Anthony. Get the Hawaiian Triggerfish - it's amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food at Moon FishSusanBDined on 5/18/2013We had dinner at Moon Fish in Orlando this past week-end. This was only my second time eating there and I found that both times it was a 5 star experience. The food was fantastic. The staff wonderful, and the atmosphere was relaxing. Moon Fish is the place We will head to every time I am in the Orlando area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonfish- My favorite RestaurantScottip64Dined on 5/18/2013Each time I visit Moonfish I am always amazed that it only gets better. My favorites are Kungpoa Calamari or the Shrimp Cocktail for appetizers. For entree I live the Triggerfish, Sea Bass, Corvina, or Black Grouper that are complimented by my all time favorite "Lobster Gravy Mashed Potatoes" or fire roasted corn. To cap the night off I always do the Orange Cake or Dreamcicle cake... And of course I left off the massive wine list that features three of my favorites: Caymus Special Selection, Opus One, and Silver Oak Selection. Again, this is my absolute go to favorite spot for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsiappointing. nicely describedlike2dineDined on 5/18/2013dsiappointing. nicely described items on menu but food preparation not matching it. quite expensive for an average tasting meal
- Mothers Day dinnerDebiVIPDined on 5/12/2013Saw promotion in the Orlando paper. Thought we would give it a try. Talk about customer service...Greeted nicely upon arrival. Our waiter was AMAZING! The steak cooked perfectly, Enjoyed the fish. Tasty cocktail options. This was our first time here and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is ImportantMsiCandiDined on 5/12/2013My boyfriend and I visited Moon Fish for the 3rd time on Mother's Day with another couple. This time the waiter didnt bring us the warm hand towels to clean our hands like usual, when asked why we didn't receive hand towels like other guest she said that they had to be requested, but we've never requested them before and received them. We had fried lobster tails for appetizers and they were amazing, I ordered the Chef's Mixed Grill and my boyfriend ordered Thai Style twin lobster tails wich was not as good as it's been in the past, the rice was gummy and it wasn't very flavorfull like before, they are usually amazing. I'm not sure if we'll be returning to Moon Fish, for the price of their food consistency is important.Special Features:
- Would not recommend.....overpriced.EnglishmanDined on 5/11/2013Would not recommend.....overpriced......fair service
- service is so so. Catch ofShirleyVIPDined on 5/11/2013service is so so. Catch of the day smelled really fishy. I mean like fish market fishy. Would go back for the encrusted mahi mahi which was delicious
- MoonFish_Mother'sDay2013BrianDined on 5/11/2013This was the first time that we had tried MoonFish. I took my wife and son here for Mother's Day. I had made a 6:00pm reservation because I knew it would be a busy night because of the holiday. The food was good, the service was severly poor. The restaurant was half full and there were large amounts of time between visits from the wait staff. i would not say that it had anything to do with being Mother's Day and more to do with just bad service. I observed an Asst Manager going around to the tables but he never made it to our table.
- not as good as it used to bePennyVIPDined on 5/9/2013We have been going to MoonFish for a number of years whenever we visit Orlando. I always like it very much! This time, it was truly sub-par. The menu offerings we okay, but the waiter said they could NOT make adjustments to the food preparation. For instance, I do not eat shellfish. I asked for a fish to be made like another fish was prepared...and the answer was no. (Can I have the tilefish prepared like the grouper?) REALLY? Also, my husband did not like the house dressing: sesame soy vinaigrette and asked for any other dressing. They did not have another dressing for a salad.....except for oil and vinegar - in the jars,not mixed at all. Our bill was $150 for 2 ppl. Never been to a "nice" restaurant that was so unaccomodating..
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013I decided to make reservations for moonfish for my husbands birthday and I couldn't have made a better choice ... I called and made sure they knew it was my husbands birthday and I wanted something special done. .. they completely took both of us by surprise when we notice that in our menus said happy birthday angel !!! It was great he felt special... !! Then the food on top of that was delicious !!! He had a oscar mignon and I had sushi ! Loved ittt !! At the end of our meal they brought a huge cake with a candle and the plate read happy birthday angel as well !!! It was absolutely amazing !!! They truly made his day special !! Thanks a lot moonfish you will be seeing us more often !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2013My husband and I had an excellent dinner at Moonfish. Happy hour sushi at the bar, and the main course in the dining room. Service was very good. The eel and vegetable sushi rolls were excellent, as was the Corvina we both had for out main course. My only gripe is that we really did not find the meal to be a terribly good value. I will go back for specials, but the prices are such that this is mostly a semi special occasion place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking 5 Star Customer TreatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013The food is awesome! The Lobster Gravy is on point, the best.... The daily updates to the menus great! An awesome appetizer selection too. Love the complimentary valet, they are always very nice and personable...Shout out to David! The fair rating is solely due the the lack of details from our server. She didn't give us 100% satisfaction, she didn't Wow us or create a positive memorial experience. We will refer and have referred others to Moonfish when in the Orlando area, however we will not recommend sitting in Sean's section as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food was amazing and the service was also excellent. It was perfect for our anniversary dinner. We will be back next time we are in Orlando. I would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Server was extremely familiarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Server was extremely familiar with ingredients and preparation method of all dishes. Very respectful and patient. Portion sizes large; presentation of food was nice.Special Features:
- Great food, watch the wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Great food. Watch the wine list. Champagne selection limited. We had a bottle of champagne replaced with sparkling white which we changed. Would recommend on food alone. The dessert tray was straight outta "Man v Food".Special Features:
- Go to Big Fin insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Big Fin near by is much better, grouper was blah and tuna nothing to write about
- Great Seafood!BdubnjaxDined on 4/19/2013Thisrestaurant has an excellent selection of fish and shellfish. It also offers a nice selection of sushi appetizers. One of my favorite places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2013Great selection of fresh fish and meats. Like a high end NY steakhouse with more seafood options at half the price. Very generous portions. It was excellent and we would go back next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:
- On our first visit, our waiterSouthernCommandVIPDined on 4/10/2013On our first visit, our waiter seemed to assume that we were unfamiliar with both restaurants and seafood. A recitation of the evenings specials became a rather stern lecture. Water did not come with lemon as requested. Bread did not come with the entree as specified on the menu. Lemon did not come with the shrimp cocktail. The small fork did not come with the stone crab claws. Etc. Etc. Etc. Perhaps our waiter's experience is limited to customers whose focus is limited to theme park fare. While we received the Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'm treatment, other guests were treated with more respect.Special Features:
- Some dishes are way too salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Some dishes are way too salty. maybee just a one off. the worst thing is the 17% service charge on partys 6 and over .which in our case was another 80dollar to add to already expensive food. the crab cake is fantastic
- Awesome place to eat. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Awesome place to eat. Everything about it is way above average.Special Features:
- Excellent place to go, whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2013Excellent place to go, when your in Orlando! Family and friends where very pleased when they left, can't think of one thing that was unpleasant. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- John is an exceptional Manager!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013John is an exceptional Manager! Kelly is a fantastic and personable server!Special Features:
- Always goodcouplediningDined on 3/30/2013We have dined at Moon Fish many times and have always been pleased. It is our "go to" place for large family celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.