MoonFish - Orlando
7525 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
MoonFish - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishfusion.com/
- Phone: 4073637262x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from MoonFish - Orlando
One of Orlando's most innovative restaurants, MoonFish serves the “Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth”™ - from the usual to the exotic. In addition to its fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish offers Prime and Choice mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit searing in the flavor. A raw bar with everything from oysters to beef tartar and an intriguing sushi menu, offering only the freshest sushi, sashimi and anything legally raw make this your one stop dining option. The vibrant atmosphere at MoonFish combines modern ingenuity with a blend of Pan-Asian, Cajun, Pacific Rim and Floribbean flare to stimulate your senses. Numerous awards ranging from the prestigious DiRōNA Award, "Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau and Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award Of Excellence make MoonFish a dining experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoonFish - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (55)romantic (48)notable wine list (47)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014We're here from out of town and decided to give this place a try…so glad we did. By far, the best meal we've had here so far. Our server, Heather, was amazing and the food was as well. We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Moon fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed a very excellent dinner of the chefs mixed grill and the crab Louis wonton for an appetizer. The fish dishes were all excellent. Our server Michael was outstanding on his recommendations and service. It was one of the best dinners we've had. We will definitely return on our next visit to Orlando. Beats anything we can get at home in San Antonio.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerTravelingTCVIPDined on 9/27/2014A wonderful place to spend a quiet, romantic evening. Excellent food, and extensive wine list. The recommendation of the trigger fish entree and grouper were perfect. Our service from Ebony and other staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent expierence! Our server was the best, Andrew knew the menu very well, and he had very good repore with my wife and I. Loved it the Moonfish food was very tasty my wife had the filet and lobster tail (Andrews pick) it had so much flavor, so juicie! Absolutely the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Ambiance, and ServiceWaterGirlDined on 9/26/2014"Restaurant Row" on Sand Lake offers the best South Orlando dining experiences. MoonFish was suggested to me by a friend for a particular event that I was planning. I was meeting my party for the first time, so I wanted to make sure the food was awesome, that there were adequate acoustics for discussions, and the wine list offered a wide array of selections. The ambiance is modern and comfortable with enough silence to carry on your own table's conversations. You can make a reservation online at OpenTable.com, which includes their menu. Michael, our waiter, was very knowledgeable and was able to suggest a wine as well as a white fish for our meal. The manager even came to our table to make sure we had a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We booked our anniversary dinner and when we arrived we had personalized menus! The manager (Brian) was amazing!!! We had fantastic service and the food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSV1Dined on 9/21/2014Great food, nice wine list, great service, great experience. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- SpockviewDined on 9/19/2014I had been at the restaurant before. Service was a little slow on this occasion. My wife and I had lobster and it was a little chewy. My son, who had the Prime Rib, said his steak was a little rough. Since I have been to the restaurant many times and the experiences haveSpock been outstanding, I will chock it up as an aberration. The staff was very courteous and prompt with greeting and seating us. I had an outstanding server.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDiningoutDined on 9/18/2014it was my first time at Moonfish and had a great dinner. Food, service and ambiance was great. would recommend to allSpecial Features:
- Good RestaurantPanchoDined on 9/12/2014It was a great experience and delicious food. I would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthdaycelebratfunDined on 9/9/2014Spent my birthday with my boyfriend in Orlando, ending the day with dinner at Moonfish. Lovely table, not too noisy. Good was great and the server was kind enough to give me a birthday cocktail when I couldn't fit dessert. The Moonfish Margarita - delicious and the perfect end to a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014From out of town, not sure where to go, but after reading reviews decided to give Moon Fish a try. A fabulous restaurant. We were not disappointed. Great steaks, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmichaelDined on 9/5/2014Always go here when in Orlando. It's a very reliable place to take clients for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Being of the first party to enter the restaurant I certainly didn't expect our food to be cold, the waitress not to have time to re-fill drinks, and not much checking after the food was delivered to see if everything was acceptable. I've been to this restaurant before but will not be returning.
- Absolutely Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious! Go for the upgrade wedge salad (it was one of the best salads I have ever had) the bread basket was truly amazing! Our entrees were fantastic! My husband got the macadamia mahi, and I got the oscar mignon, both were cooked to perfection! Best meal I have had in a very long time!Special Features:
- Great SeafoodRedinkVIPDined on 8/27/2014We choose to eat here because of the extensive menu. There were plenty of seafood choices, including Sushi. The restaurant is in a strip center near Universal Studios. There are plenty of appetizers with reasonable prices. If you are not a seafood eater, there are enough meat choices to satisfy you. The service was good and given the food and portion sizes, the prices are overly expensive. A great place to get away from the kids, although there were kids there.Special Features:
- Great FoodTallyFoodyDined on 8/25/2014Second time here, server was obviously a new one, not as attentive as others in the restaurant. Drinks were empty several times before he showed up to refill. Food was excellent, we will go back when we are in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful fresh fish selection and the recommendations by our server Jason were right on mark.Special Features:
- Good & Badfoodie2Dined on 8/21/2014Food was delicious. I was a bit disappointed with the pushy service of Danny. It felt like a car sales approach. I am on corporate expense account and we are not allowed to tip over 17% on the card. We were prepared to leave more via cash (which I left $20) over and above on my $900 bill. I did not appreciate Danny pushing the higher salads to clients, asking clients if they wanted to scallops , etc which resulted in additional. I will advise others to deal with your restaurant differently in the future. The clients are all meeting planners that book conventions and were not happy with the open discussion and awkwardness about adding gratuity over the 17%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak & seafoodOrlandofoodiesDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I went for our 15th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with flowers and candlelight on our table. Amazing service and food. Helped make our amazing day even better. Best happy hour in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good sushiJohnDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding food. Service is A+. Sushi was great.Special Features:
- Fish is outstanding....KubaGtrDined on 8/17/2014This place definitely has some competition in the neighborhood but I must say ive never ever had fish this good. The sea bass is out of bounds, portion size is just correct and the mahi mahi was just as tasty.... I dont know how their steaks are but we saw a lot of ppl ordering steak so it must be good especially with ruth chris steakhouse being next door.... The fish was so unreal good I would never think about ordering a steak at this place ... a must go in my opinion.... ps.. stay away from the floridian desert presentation very cool but its extremely sweet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!keenpiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Moon Fish never disappoints! Service is always great and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNorthernfoodloverDined on 8/13/2014Came to restaurant with big expectations, left feeling let down by all the good reviews. Waiter had to be new, she burnt our dessert and tried passing it of as perfect, same with my husbands main, the fish was completly falling appart, and overdone and she said it was suppose to be like that. My crab, languster(lobster) and fish was dry and chewie. The best thing of the evening was the house salad, this was lovely. Will not be back.
- I'll remember foreverMayrenestDined on 8/9/2014I celebrated my birthday ere with a special person and Moonfish was a great choice for the night! From the cocktails, to the sushi, to the main entrees; everything was amazing! The waiter was very attentive and knowledgable abt the choices. I will definitely return if I visit Orlando again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Fantastic food. Cooked perfectly. Couldn't expect better, just be prepared to pay the bill. Way worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE IN FLORIDAMARCDined on 8/9/2014THIS RESTAURANT IS ALWAYS CONSISTENT IN ITS HIGH STANDARD STANDARD OF TASTE ,SERVICE AND AMBIANCE. I HAVE BEEN COMING TO MOON FISH FOR MANY YEARS AND NEVER HAD A BAD MEAL, I AM HOPING TO TAKE THE WHOLE FAMILY AGAIN SOON. SOME TIMES IT IS HARD TO GET TO THE MAIN COURSE BECAUSE THE APPETIZERS ARE SO GOOD ,AND I LIKE TRYING SEVERAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ ServicetrickydDined on 8/8/2014All of the waitstaff and management take extra care to make certain that all of the food and service are top quality. We enjoyed the steamer and stone crab and the jumbo shrimp cocktail appetizer. From the salad to the last bite of seafood, I can say that this is a very well managed restaurant and deserves to be in the top 10 of Orlando Florida restaurants!Special Features:
- ExpensiveGabrielclarkDined on 8/7/2014Do not dupe customers in items not included in the entree. Be careful with this sleepy technique by the servers. Ask them if it's extra for sauces, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best seafood in TampaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent hot roll and snow crab. It is worth a visit. Service very helpfullSpecial Features:
- Nice FindMickYDined on 8/2/2014It is always satisfying when a restaurant exceeds your expectations and Moonfish did. Nice variety of different fish selections served with an asian twist. Wine selections, food and ambiance were terrific! Tucked inside a strip center but worth the trouble.Special Features:
- MoonfishLargeBDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful staff, great food and a outstanding dining experience. Moonfish has become my favorite restaurant in Orlando and passing my experience to all my friends for an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spot for fish in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Every time we eat at Moonfish the dishes are wonderful. They do an excellent job at giving the same fish a new taste.Special Features:
- Great food!Niki27Dined on 7/24/2014We were on vacation for about a week and ended up eating here twice. Amazing food, it doesn't get better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonfish, OrlandoMessermacherDined on 7/19/2014Excellent service, excellent food, professional staff, a must for a romantic evening dinning experience! *****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find near Universal area.dinoDined on 7/18/2014Staying at Universal area hotel for a convention. Did not want to eat at a Universal theme park restaurant to avoid crowds, tourists, children and bad food. Found your restaurant online. Sounded good. It was. Live in Tampa Bay area and have a family that goes fishing. So, picky about eating fresh fish. Server explained in detail how fish is kept "fresh" once caught and I ordered yellow tailed snapper (whole). Simple and delicious. Did not like the creamed corn side. The house salad was fine. I don't drink, so, can't judge wine list and such. But would go back next summer when I have to attend another dreaded convention in the Universal/Disney area.Special Features:
- Expected more...ChristinaDined on 7/13/2014For one of the best restaurants in Orlando, I was not impressed with the quality of food at Moon Fish. The menus were so large to hold with not a lot of substance. The Kung Pao calamari was not impressive- over battered with barely any sauce. The bait bar sampler is mostly sushi, I don't know why its not on the main menu. The Japanese Halibut was overcooked and very fishy- it shouldn't of been served at a pricy $32+ a plate. The crusted mahi mahi was also overcooked. Although the service and ambience was nice the fish was not fresh and I will not be returning or recommend it to anyone. No wonder it was empty inside....
- Moonfishluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014We celebrated a birthday at Moonfish. As always, the dinner was excellent, and the service was superb. Our server Daniel was knowledgeable and attentive, and helped make a good experience a great one. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Very good but pricytouristparexcellenceDined on 7/10/2014Moonfish is a very classy place. The food menu is very interesting with very well designed dishes. The wine list is vast and suits any palate. Our waiter was very friendly yet professional, and provided some needed explanation of the menu and his recommendations. We had two crab dishes for appetizers, and fish and stone crabs for entrees. Everything tasted great. Moonfish is a pricy place though. It is worth going for a special occasion but will set you back quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, good waiter Justin very attentive.nice happy hour with good prices. Quality & quantity great. Will return.Special Features: