MoonFish - Orlando
7525 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
MoonFish - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishfusion.com/
- Phone: 4073637262x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from MoonFish - Orlando
One of Orlando's most innovative restaurants, MoonFish serves the “Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth”™ - from the usual to the exotic. In addition to its fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish offers Prime and Choice mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit searing in the flavor. A raw bar with everything from oysters to beef tartar and an intriguing sushi menu, offering only the freshest sushi, sashimi and anything legally raw make this your one stop dining option. The vibrant atmosphere at MoonFish combines modern ingenuity with a blend of Pan-Asian, Cajun, Pacific Rim and Floribbean flare to stimulate your senses. Numerous awards ranging from the prestigious DiRōNA Award, "Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau and Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award Of Excellence make MoonFish a dining experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoonFish - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)notable wine list (46)romantic (40)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fish is outstanding....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This place definitely has some competition in the neighborhood but I must say ive never ever had fish this good. The sea bass is out of bounds, portion size is just correct and the mahi mahi was just as tasty.... I dont know how their steaks are but we saw a lot of ppl ordering steak so it must be good especially with ruth chris steakhouse being next door.... The fish was so unreal good I would never think about ordering a steak at this place ... a must go in my opinion.... ps.. stay away from the floridian desert presentation very cool but its extremely sweet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNorthernfoodloverDined on 8/13/2014Came to restaurant with big expectations, left feeling let down by all the good reviews. Waiter had to be new, she burnt our dessert and tried passing it of as perfect, same with my husbands main, the fish was completly falling appart, and overdone and she said it was suppose to be like that. My crab, languster(lobster) and fish was dry and chewie. The best thing of the evening was the house salad, this was lovely. Will not be back.
- I'll remember foreverMayrenestDined on 8/9/2014I celebrated my birthday ere with a special person and Moonfish was a great choice for the night! From the cocktails, to the sushi, to the main entrees; everything was amazing! The waiter was very attentive and knowledgable abt the choices. I will definitely return if I visit Orlando again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Fantastic food. Cooked perfectly. Couldn't expect better, just be prepared to pay the bill. Way worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE IN FLORIDAMARCDined on 8/9/2014THIS RESTAURANT IS ALWAYS CONSISTENT IN ITS HIGH STANDARD STANDARD OF TASTE ,SERVICE AND AMBIANCE. I HAVE BEEN COMING TO MOON FISH FOR MANY YEARS AND NEVER HAD A BAD MEAL, I AM HOPING TO TAKE THE WHOLE FAMILY AGAIN SOON. SOME TIMES IT IS HARD TO GET TO THE MAIN COURSE BECAUSE THE APPETIZERS ARE SO GOOD ,AND I LIKE TRYING SEVERAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ ServicetrickydDined on 8/8/2014All of the waitstaff and management take extra care to make certain that all of the food and service are top quality. We enjoyed the steamer and stone crab and the jumbo shrimp cocktail appetizer. From the salad to the last bite of seafood, I can say that this is a very well managed restaurant and deserves to be in the top 10 of Orlando Florida restaurants!Special Features:
- ExpensiveGabrielclarkDined on 8/7/2014Do not dupe customers in items not included in the entree. Be careful with this sleepy technique by the servers. Ask them if it's extra for sauces, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best seafood in TampaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent hot roll and snow crab. It is worth a visit. Service very helpfullSpecial Features:
- Nice FindMickYDined on 8/2/2014It is always satisfying when a restaurant exceeds your expectations and Moonfish did. Nice variety of different fish selections served with an asian twist. Wine selections, food and ambiance were terrific! Tucked inside a strip center but worth the trouble.Special Features:
- MoonfishLargeBDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful staff, great food and a outstanding dining experience. Moonfish has become my favorite restaurant in Orlando and passing my experience to all my friends for an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spot for fish in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Every time we eat at Moonfish the dishes are wonderful. They do an excellent job at giving the same fish a new taste.Special Features:
- Great food!Niki27Dined on 7/24/2014We were on vacation for about a week and ended up eating here twice. Amazing food, it doesn't get better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonfish, OrlandoMessermacherDined on 7/19/2014Excellent service, excellent food, professional staff, a must for a romantic evening dinning experience! *****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find near Universal area.dinoDined on 7/18/2014Staying at Universal area hotel for a convention. Did not want to eat at a Universal theme park restaurant to avoid crowds, tourists, children and bad food. Found your restaurant online. Sounded good. It was. Live in Tampa Bay area and have a family that goes fishing. So, picky about eating fresh fish. Server explained in detail how fish is kept "fresh" once caught and I ordered yellow tailed snapper (whole). Simple and delicious. Did not like the creamed corn side. The house salad was fine. I don't drink, so, can't judge wine list and such. But would go back next summer when I have to attend another dreaded convention in the Universal/Disney area.Special Features:
- Expected more...ChristinaDined on 7/13/2014For one of the best restaurants in Orlando, I was not impressed with the quality of food at Moon Fish. The menus were so large to hold with not a lot of substance. The Kung Pao calamari was not impressive- over battered with barely any sauce. The bait bar sampler is mostly sushi, I don't know why its not on the main menu. The Japanese Halibut was overcooked and very fishy- it shouldn't of been served at a pricy $32+ a plate. The crusted mahi mahi was also overcooked. Although the service and ambience was nice the fish was not fresh and I will not be returning or recommend it to anyone. No wonder it was empty inside....
- Moonfishluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014We celebrated a birthday at Moonfish. As always, the dinner was excellent, and the service was superb. Our server Daniel was knowledgeable and attentive, and helped make a good experience a great one. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Very good but pricytouristparexcellenceDined on 7/10/2014Moonfish is a very classy place. The food menu is very interesting with very well designed dishes. The wine list is vast and suits any palate. Our waiter was very friendly yet professional, and provided some needed explanation of the menu and his recommendations. We had two crab dishes for appetizers, and fish and stone crabs for entrees. Everything tasted great. Moonfish is a pricy place though. It is worth going for a special occasion but will set you back quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, good waiter Justin very attentive.nice happy hour with good prices. Quality & quantity great. Will return.Special Features:
- OutstandingTlmdinerVIPDined on 7/2/2014Had another great meal here that we are still talking about in Chicago. Excellent service, creative dishes, lovely wine list. All great. Wish there was one up here by us! I also love that the tourist cheese ball factor is marginal!Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodscottsvoicesDined on 6/27/2014Great foodie place as you will find some interesting offerings...I would definitely recommend the crab cake appetizer-almost all meat (they mix in shrimp and scallops) with a mango salsa topping...would also recommend the trigger fish...something I had never tried before but glad I did-very mild but meaty...service is exemplary, all of the servers seem to take great pride in what they do and they are anxious for you to mention them by name in any review you do (our server was Shaun) and the ambiance very good...if you sit out front, it will be noisier than a table in the backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBarbaraADined on 6/25/2014I was disappointed with this restaurant. We had novice wait staff, long waits between course, little knowledge of menu, and missing items. The food was hit or miss with a couple of outstanding items (sashimi tuni, rolls, the drinks and one fish dish) My dish composed of soft shell crab and lobster appetizer was not good at all. Way over breaded and just odd tasting. Most of the side dishes were not good at all. The blue cheese was cold in the mashed blu potatoes, the creamed spinach was dry with odd flavor, asparagus good, creamed corn ok. The manager did comp us on an item as he knew we were disappointed. The menu is interesting and varied and I would suggest just ordering the spicey shashimi tuna and drinks.
- Moonfish, what a shameClarkFamilyDined on 6/25/201425 June, we were there for my son's 16th birthday after a recommendation from a friend. Everything was fine until we received the bill. My husband noticed that he and my son had been upcharged for larger 12oz Oscar Fillets and special mash which they did not order. The manager, very young and seemingly inexperienced, came over and asked if we were sure these weren't ordered, we replied no, THREE TIMES. He then said sarcastically that he hoped we enjoyed them because that is what we got. We were not charged but were shocked and left with a very bad taste in our mouths. Our waiter at our hotel used to work for the group and said that waiters were encouraged to do this if the table had not bought enough!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperiencemrwmrwDined on 6/23/2014Excellent restaurant. Our waiter, Hung, was awesome. Great service, funny, knowledgeable. He was really impressive. The food was prepared perfectly. Creative menu offerings. Nice to see a place with so many different fish. I got the triggerfish, wife got whole crispy snapper, mom got stuffed barramundi, dad got scallop stuffed shrimp. Wonderful, delicious, absolutely perfect food across the board. Really, not too much more to this review. Service was perfect; waiter was a friendly guy, professional, cool, made you want to talk to him. Food was really just impeccable. Not cheap prices but, honestly, it's well worth it. I'm a frugal guy (like dries out paper towels so I can reuse them type frugal) and I thought it was well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday DinnerWorldtradeDined on 6/21/2014The General Manager was the highlight of night from the moment we walked in until our gracious exit... I really enjoyed the area and the way the place was located!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the MoonCBP4VegasDined on 6/19/2014Every time we visit Orlando my family insists upon going the Moonfish while we are there. Always been good food with every visit and will go again upon our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressediLuvNaplesDined on 6/15/2014App was great. Meal was terrible and over priced. I ordered the seafood steamer. I was met with mushy veggies soaked in butter, one leg of crab cut in half and over cooked (shriveled). Three small rubbery shrimp and bland fish. Service was rushed and the waiter was incredibly rude and arrogant. It made us uncomfortable. Will not revisit
- Favorite eatereyLargeBDined on 6/15/2014My favorite restaurant in Orlando and the United StatesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014THE RESTURANT WAS VERY GREAT.MY HUSBAND AND I REALLY ENJOYED IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites in OrlandoTeriroseVIPDined on 6/15/2014MoonFish has something for everyone, from sushi to steaks. The fish selection is extensive. I personally like the Hong Kong sauce, whether it is offered on halibut or Chilean sea bass. My only problem here is that there are so many dishes I want to try, but I can't order them all. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experienceCaldwellElleDined on 6/15/2014Moonfish is our restaurant of choice for special occasions: birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. The quality of food is exceptional and the price is reasonable. In fact, they lowered the price on certain entrees to compete with new restaurants across the street. The restaurant provides a card to diners that can be used for a $25 discount for the next visit. We've used this card several times. Heather was our server for our Father's Day 2014 visit. She is excellent--experienced, attentive, kind. Adam Santorelli, the manager, bends over backward to ensure we are happy. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Could have been betterunhappyDined on 6/14/2014My dinner was good; the only issue was the selection of salads, you only have one kind and for the price of the dinner, we should have had a better selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that goodCbonillaVIPDined on 6/9/2014This was the second time I am in and know I remember why I haven't been back. food was ok and somewhat cold, drinks where not brought to table as ordered. The server Michael however was very knowledgeable, helpful and nice.
- Great food & great service!kapsi711Dined on 6/6/2014We went to Moonfish to celebrate my wife's birthday and had a great time! The food and service was excellent and they even had a birthday surprise for her. We'll definitely be back here in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonfish -- OrlandoGJSanDiegoDined on 6/3/2014Sushi was fresh and the beer was good. Service was slow but the waitress was pleasant. It was hard to hear based on the loud crowd so we had to talk louder than normal. Cost: Averaged $50/person One of our party left his credit card and to his delight, the restaurant had it waiting for him the next day.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 6/2/2014Our first time there...Joe our server was very helpful with our menu choices and we were not disappointed. Fist time for Trigger Fish and it was awesome. We look forward to a return trip even though Sand Lake Rd is rough going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodPoshDined on 5/31/2014Great food , service and atmosphere . Food is pricey but worth every penny and portion sizes are generous . It's a real shame as the location is central and valet parking is complimentary . The only shame is it should be in a small fishing village in Europe and not in Central Orlando . But for the time you are in the restaurant you feel like you are . Well done we had a great time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars on Service, Food, Location7SaturdaysVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have never had a bad meal here ever. The fish selections are amazing. We started with Calamari, which was yummy. This time we tried the Triggerfish and it was delicious. It came with Szechuan Green Beans and a salad, fresh cheesy bread too. We split the meal, added an additional side salad and it was more than enough. We couldn't finish it actually, lol. Got a great bottle of wine, cabernet that was a 2011 and a Winners Choice winner for approx $54 for the bottle. Our waiter was so attentive, very friendly. We live in the area, so we eat here often, YUM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interestingRehanaDined on 5/31/2014Moonfish has a warm and vibrant atmosphere. The food was lovely but the service slow for a 6.30pm reservation. My waiter was polite and charming but seems distracted the night I was there. For a restaurant that offers Asian influenced food I was surprised that they did not have green tea as a choice of beverage. But despite those little hiccups the food was very good and I would bring friends and try the other dishes on the menu. Next time I will try the sushi menu. This time I tried their sea bass and the crab cake with scallops and prawns. It is worth the trip and overall I recommend Moonfish to people who enjoy seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain bad .OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014Poor service, over cooked, old fish, check came before dessert did??? Just a shame, it was a huge disapointment
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014We visited here for a meal last week and we were very disappointed. The service was very poor- starter taken away while I was still eating and although my husband's wine glass was topped up, mine never was. The food was only average and was not worth the price. My husband asked for his steak rare and it was medium. Overall we did not enjoy our meal and the ambiance was poor as well.