MoonFish - Orlando
7525 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
MoonFish - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.moonfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4073637262x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from MoonFish - Orlando
One of Orlando's most innovative restaurants, MoonFish serves the “Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth”™ - from the usual to the exotic. In addition to its fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish offers Prime and Choice mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit searing in the flavor. A raw bar with everything from oysters to beef tartar and an intriguing sushi menu, offering only the freshest sushi, sashimi and anything legally raw make this your one stop dining option. The vibrant atmosphere at MoonFish combines modern ingenuity with a blend of Pan-Asian, Cajun, Pacific Rim and Floribbean flare to stimulate your senses. Numerous awards ranging from the prestigious DiRōNA Award, "Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau and Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award Of Excellence make MoonFish a dining experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
MoonFish - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
MoonFish - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (65)romantic (53)notable wine list (50)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- third visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I absolutely love dining at Moonfish.My third visit I was celebrating my 21st birthday and the service was impeccable! I always have the steak with baked potatoes.&My boyfriend always get the pork chops with lobster gravy.Needless to say, I cannot wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Very nice place for dinner. The food was amazing! I would definitely recommend for a date night or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Orlando!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014We dined at MoonFish our second night in Orlando, and liked it so much that we booked another reservation before leaving the restaurant to return the next evening. The menu is diverse and extensive - not just great fish, but also extensive sushi and beef offerings. Our server, Kevin, who has been at MoonFish for nearly 13 years, was professional, attentive and responsive. Others assisting - Chris, and the MoonFish partner, Terry, had great suggestions and made sure that our experience did not disappoint. For an extensive variety of well-prepared and delicious offerings in a lovely setting with a low noise level for great conversation - MOONFISH is the 5-star attraction!Special Features:
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Overall not a bad experience at all. Bartender and staff were memorable. I'd go again. Good sushi.Special Features:
- Moonfish bad experienceFuranceDined on 10/20/2014waited 25 mins for waiter to get 2nd beer, because he had a large table in lounge, all food came same time, bill came and I was over charge for items I did not order this place was bad tonight, my 4th visit and they are going down hill fast
- Dr.BOBDrbobVIPDined on 10/20/2014GREAT FOOD GREAT ATMOSPHERE GOOD APPLE MARTINI VERY BUSY RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went because of ReviewsHanginSoBeDined on 10/18/2014I was in Orlando for a few days, and was looking for a good place with a semi-wide range of choices. Moonfish was very good, I'm not sure it's 5 star and among the best places I've ever been, but it's very very good and you wouldn't be disappointed. I'm not sure if there is more restaurants or hotels in Orlando, but this one is probably top 10. For the price, vs what you get, it's very reasonably priced. I spent about $50 per person, including a glass of wine each.Special Features:
- A rare food find in OrlandoSdipietrDined on 10/18/2014As a visitor in Orlando I found it almost impossible to find a good meal. But then I came across this restaurant. Great food and excellent service. Try the big rib eye steak it is sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bduranDined on 10/18/2014On vacation in Orlando, wanted fresh seafood. One of the best meals I have ever had. Waiter suggested the trigger fish, it was delicious. Also had both roasted and fresh oysters and my husband had the blackened swordfish. All choices were wonderful, would recommentd this restraunt to everyone.Special Features:
- Great experienceMJM65Dined on 10/18/2014Had a great dining experience at Moonfish. Took my Mom out for her birthday and couldn't have picked a better place. From the warm reception at the hostess podium, to the beautiful ambience of the restaurant, to the outstanding food it was a great night out. Our server was not as sharp as you would expect from a place like this, but the rest of the service team made up for it. Overall a great place to go for special occasion.Special Features:
- Mediocre Meal (Seafood)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were on a weekend getaway and were looking for a nice restaurant to enjoy some good seafood. The ambiance was fair, tables were on top of one another. the music was loud and felt like we were attending a nuwave concert. The waiter informed us he was a seasoned employee (12 years) - he was less than friendly and didn't even share the house specials for the evening. We ordered raw oysters that were small with no meat and gritty. My dinner entree was overcooked (Swordfish) and not edible (returned the meal). My husband had Mahi-Mahi and it was fair. The overall experience was not what we had expected and walked out with a hefty bill for a less than mediocre meal.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food and staff were wonderful. Server was very thorough and the chef prepared the food perfectly. The butter garlic cheese bread is so sinful, too hard to resist. Desserts were over the top, definitely meant to share as they are huge!Special Features:
- Fantastic King CrabSeafoodLoversDined on 10/17/2014The Alaskan King Crab was amazing. It was a pricey compared to other crab that I've had in the area but it was served hot and already cracked so that was nice. It came with rice and vegetables which were pretty good. My husband ordered a seafood dish which he thought was pretty good. The rest of the prices on the menu were reasonable. The wine list was very good, lots of choices. Our waiter was only okay. He treated us like we were there for a special occasion or we not as notable or important as his other customers. (We aren't even that young.) I think it was because I asked what the market prices were for the crab. Anyway, overall the food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We could not have had a better server. Her name was Kelly. She was a true pro. Wish we could take her home to PA with us.
- great birthday celebrationnodoeDined on 10/10/2014The double cut pork chops are to die for. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRalynnDined on 10/10/2014Taste....I have never been so awe inspired by food! I wish I loved in Orlando because I would save up every month just to go... it is expensive if you buy a bottle of wine, an app, a desert and 2 entrees, but I've never been so satisfied from food! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood menuStacyVIPDined on 10/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of seafood offered and creative recipes used for standard items. The crab encrusted sea bass was incredible. Service was very good even though the restaurant was very busy. While considered high end, the prices were not outrageous like some of the other restaurant row eateries. Moon fish would be a good reason to venture out of our winter park two mile radius. 😃Special Features:
- Best Dining ExperienceSCtravelerDined on 10/5/2014Truly a memorable dining experience in all respects. Everything we tried was fresh and unique. Check out the "lettuce wall". Our server Joe made the evening extra special. Will definitely return and recommend Monfish to all.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014Moonfish was always a "go to" spot for a great dinner, expensive but always worth the price. I wish I could report that the experience matches the price point, however, that was not the case last Thursday, 10/2/14. With few customers, maybe I should have realized that things were different, but I clung to the promise of the past. Unfortunately, somehow the food never reached our table while it was still hot. Only a handful of customers in the restaurant and the calamari appetizer was almost room temp by the time it came out. The house salad was the most delicious dish we had. Portions have shrunk to a ridiculous size - seriously small for a $38 piece of fresh fish - no more than 3 oz., and East West fries were cold and inedible.Special Features:
- Great find!cshoes408Dined on 9/29/2014We're here from out of town and decided to give this place a try…so glad we did. By far, the best meal we've had here so far. Our server, Heather, was amazing and the food was as well. We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Moon fishBluewater1Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed a very excellent dinner of the chefs mixed grill and the crab Louis wonton for an appetizer. The fish dishes were all excellent. Our server Michael was outstanding on his recommendations and service. It was one of the best dinners we've had. We will definitely return on our next visit to Orlando. Beats anything we can get at home in San Antonio.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerTravelingTCVIPDined on 9/27/2014A wonderful place to spend a quiet, romantic evening. Excellent food, and extensive wine list. The recommendation of the trigger fish entree and grouper were perfect. Our service from Ebony and other staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent expierence! Our server was the best, Andrew knew the menu very well, and he had very good repore with my wife and I. Loved it the Moonfish food was very tasty my wife had the filet and lobster tail (Andrews pick) it had so much flavor, so juicie! Absolutely the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Ambiance, and ServiceWaterGirlDined on 9/26/2014"Restaurant Row" on Sand Lake offers the best South Orlando dining experiences. MoonFish was suggested to me by a friend for a particular event that I was planning. I was meeting my party for the first time, so I wanted to make sure the food was awesome, that there were adequate acoustics for discussions, and the wine list offered a wide array of selections. The ambiance is modern and comfortable with enough silence to carry on your own table's conversations. You can make a reservation online at OpenTable.com, which includes their menu. Michael, our waiter, was very knowledgeable and was able to suggest a wine as well as a white fish for our meal. The manager even came to our table to make sure we had a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We booked our anniversary dinner and when we arrived we had personalized menus! The manager (Brian) was amazing!!! We had fantastic service and the food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSV1Dined on 9/21/2014Great food, nice wine list, great service, great experience. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- First time but I'm going back!!jerseygirlVIPDined on 9/20/2014So nice to eat in Orlando with a minimum of small kids and strollers and noise. Great restaurant with large menu. Lots of choices (unlike all the Disney restaurants). Love this place and it's a real find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpockviewDined on 9/19/2014I had been at the restaurant before. Service was a little slow on this occasion. My wife and I had lobster and it was a little chewy. My son, who had the Prime Rib, said his steak was a little rough. Since I have been to the restaurant many times and the experiences haveSpock been outstanding, I will chock it up as an aberration. The staff was very courteous and prompt with greeting and seating us. I had an outstanding server.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDiningoutDined on 9/18/2014it was my first time at Moonfish and had a great dinner. Food, service and ambiance was great. would recommend to allSpecial Features:
- Good RestaurantPanchoDined on 9/12/2014It was a great experience and delicious food. I would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthdaycelebratfunDined on 9/9/2014Spent my birthday with my boyfriend in Orlando, ending the day with dinner at Moonfish. Lovely table, not too noisy. Good was great and the server was kind enough to give me a birthday cocktail when I couldn't fit dessert. The Moonfish Margarita - delicious and the perfect end to a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014From out of town, not sure where to go, but after reading reviews decided to give Moon Fish a try. A fabulous restaurant. We were not disappointed. Great steaks, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmichaelDined on 9/5/2014Always go here when in Orlando. It's a very reliable place to take clients for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Being of the first party to enter the restaurant I certainly didn't expect our food to be cold, the waitress not to have time to re-fill drinks, and not much checking after the food was delivered to see if everything was acceptable. I've been to this restaurant before but will not be returning.
- Absolutely Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious! Go for the upgrade wedge salad (it was one of the best salads I have ever had) the bread basket was truly amazing! Our entrees were fantastic! My husband got the macadamia mahi, and I got the oscar mignon, both were cooked to perfection! Best meal I have had in a very long time!Special Features:
- Great SeafoodRedinkVIPDined on 8/27/2014We choose to eat here because of the extensive menu. There were plenty of seafood choices, including Sushi. The restaurant is in a strip center near Universal Studios. There are plenty of appetizers with reasonable prices. If you are not a seafood eater, there are enough meat choices to satisfy you. The service was good and given the food and portion sizes, the prices are overly expensive. A great place to get away from the kids, although there were kids there.Special Features:
- Great FoodTallyFoodyDined on 8/25/2014Second time here, server was obviously a new one, not as attentive as others in the restaurant. Drinks were empty several times before he showed up to refill. Food was excellent, we will go back when we are in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out!Greatwine2tryDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful fresh fish selection and the recommendations by our server Jason were right on mark.Special Features:
- Good & Badfoodie2Dined on 8/21/2014Food was delicious. I was a bit disappointed with the pushy service of Danny. It felt like a car sales approach. I am on corporate expense account and we are not allowed to tip over 17% on the card. We were prepared to leave more via cash (which I left $20) over and above on my $900 bill. I did not appreciate Danny pushing the higher salads to clients, asking clients if they wanted to scallops , etc which resulted in additional. I will advise others to deal with your restaurant differently in the future. The clients are all meeting planners that book conventions and were not happy with the open discussion and awkwardness about adding gratuity over the 17%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak & seafoodOrlandofoodiesDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I went for our 15th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with flowers and candlelight on our table. Amazing service and food. Helped make our amazing day even better. Best happy hour in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.