300 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montyssobe.com/
- Phone: 3056721148
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josie Smith-Malave
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Monty's Sunset
This is where the Stone Crabs are freshest, and the HOURS are HAPPIEST!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monty's Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice water view.luvfood2muchVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food is okay - not great. Service was slow - and has been the few times I have eaten here. Fun place for kids.Special Features:
- Could be wayyy bettermiamispiceVIPDined on 6/5/2014We had a decent helpful informed waiter. The table was sticky and gross. We asked 3 times to have it cleaned and then just ended up getting a cloth from another table and doing it ourselves. Food truly forgettable and the scene could be drastically improved if they had a manager on site up front . Hostess was bored and checking her phone every 2 mins. My salad was horrible and the calamari was the only thing worthwhile...not going back there.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Monty's Sunset reviews archive.
- MontyssuisserobDined on 3/4/2014The raw bar was great, and during happy hour, great prices also. Service excellent. Music is pretty loud, but does make for a lively atmosphere. There is a big bar area which would make for a good hangout with drinks and friends. Head for the public parking, it is free and very easy, but not well marked! We had a great time and are going back in a couple of days with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south beach MiamiallinDined on 2/18/2014Fun food. Good raw bar. Reasonable pricing. Great atmosphere. Has a swimming pool in the middle. Out door overlooking the bay. Go at sunset.Special Features:
- Great disappointment!EnJKDined on 2/11/2014Made our reservation through Opentable well in advance. Arrived at the restaurant which was not very well marked and had trouble figuring where to park (no signs). Walked (and rode into the restaurants, my wife use a mobility device) and the snippy hostess wanted to send us to the back of the property to a "picnic table (benches with no back). Finally (reluctantly) put 2 table of 2 together for our party of 4. Tables were very sticky and napkins actually stuck to them. The waiter was very nice but very busy. Portions were small, served in a haphazard manor, and not in a timely manor. Would only recommend this place for alcoholics as a pickup joint.Special Features:
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013The food was awesome and so was our waitress.. The stone claws were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monty's is a solidHambreDined on 11/5/2013Monty's has always been a great place to relax in front of the water, good food & service, great views and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The food is great but the service was awful. The waitress & busboy had an attitude and they took a long time providing any type of service. The restaurant was not full & a faster service would be expected.Special Features:
- Watch the sun go down at the barTheGeneralVIPDined on 2/4/2013Watch the sun go down at the bar . . . . The bar-keep was great so we rode bikes right back and went 2X in 1 day. . . .Special Features:
- The food wasn't worth theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The food wasn't worth the big amount of money spent. On the other hand the service was very good, nice waiter from Paris :)Special Features:
- :(OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012I got a reservation for 10 just to show up and them turn me away because they close at 10. Get it together guys!
- Love this place, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Love this place, however, not so much this time. Reservation was at 9pm. Place was moderatly busy. Hostess had our reservation with a nice table outside, as I had specified in the reservation. We were seated however this would be the last time we would have human interaction. We waited for about 20 mins before asking the buss person to send over our server. This did not work. A six top was seated at this time, we knew this wouldnt be good for us. Sure enough the waitress came over to them. My date was furious and wished to leave the establishment. This calibur of restaurant with location and great food sells it self. It makes me sad to see bad customer service ruin it. Thank god lincoln road is so close, had a great dinner there.Special Features:
- Great spot on the harbour.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2012Great spot on the harbour. Casual yet attentive service.. all ages, food was very good and service way above average. Was surprised people were allowed to smoke at table outside.. the only negative.Special Features: