5371 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montysprimesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 8187169736
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:30am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We bring Montys to you.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that will seat up to 50 people. We also have an enclosed patio that will seat up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Lee Chandler 8187169736
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Monty's Steakhouse
Monty’s is a classic American Steak house serves the finest Prime beef available with more choices than you can imagine. Whether you’re in the mood for a 24 oz Porterhouse or an 8oz Filet Mignon. Whether it’s a 12 oz Lobster tail or a 28 oz Lobster Tail, whether it’s a romantic dinner for two in one of our quiet booths with a chateaubriand for two served tableside. It might be a big steak in the bar to watch the big game, with 7 plasma TVs. Whether it’s a family birthday dinner with our comlimentry dessert on the big day, or a business dinner with the Tower of Shellfish to close the big deal. Whatever your needs are we are here for you. Monty’s serving you for three generations and over 65 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Monty's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Woodland Hills ›
Monty's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Review of Monty'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014The food is great. Good size side dishes. However they meaning the front staff, could care less if you dined with them or not. They act as if they were doing us a favor by being allowed in their restaurant. The young host sat us and didn't say 1 word to us or many of the other patrons as he seated people. As we left my husband actually said Thank you to the older woman and the young guy, they were to busy doing nothing to acknowledge our patronage. I guess they get by on old school atmosphere and food. Funny I went there with my parents growing up when it was in Encino. It was a staple for my family and their friends back then. They really need to appreciate each and every person that dines in their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Of A Bar Than A SteakhouseZiggyDined on 8/30/2014For a steakhouse, Monty's leaves a lot to be desired. I ordered a Prime New York cut prepared medium rare. What I got was a barely recognizable steak that had been burnt to a crisp on the outside, but was blood rare in the center; the chef had the oven too hot for my order. Either that or chef is not well versed on proper cooking temperatures. The steak should not have been burnt like this. My fiancé ordered the dungeoness crab cake salad. Same deal: the crab cake was burnt & crispy on the outside. The portions of salad were way too large. The saving grace was the excellent Creme Brûlée dessert. And the sangria was excellent, though. Monty's is not a great Steakhouse at all. It's a bar with live music for the wealthy locals to hang out.Special Features:
- great service but good was okag290Dined on 8/30/2014Our waitress was great and the manager was very nice. However, the food quality didn't live up to the prices.
- Monty's still has it.Likes2eatVIPDined on 8/21/2014I grew up going to Monty's in all the various locations from Pasadena to WLA. I think this Woodland Hills location is the only one left. The steaks are delicious and well prepared. I had a generous rack of lamb with enough to take 1/2 home. Everything is a la carte now, as is true for most better restaurants. A baked potato is $11.00, most sides can be split. The shrimp cocktail is $22.00 for 4 large shrimp. We split this. My husband wanted prime rib and we did not see it on the menu. He had a sizzling prime rib eye. He loved it. We used a living social coupon which was a good deal. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. I noted this on the open table reservation form but Monty's never acknowledged it. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivethefressersDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoyed the evening but the side dishes made it very expensive. The cocktails were more than usual too. We would go back as a couple but can't afford to take guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014It's been a while since I've been back but still as good as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these years!FoodloverDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant has been there forever....the food is still outstanding. Nice wine list...great service. Older decor..but that is what makes it. The au gratin potatoes will make you dream about them. Portions are large..come hungry!Special Features:
- For the cigar affecianadoSandyoDined on 8/8/2014A rare find these days where one can enjoy a fine meal and stay seated to finish it off with a fine cigar! It's a total dining experience for the cigar smoker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!TheRickerDined on 7/26/2014The last time we were at Monty's was over 20 years ago. We really missed out. We were totally surprised. The place was standing room only with young and old, but they honored our reservations to the minute. The food, wine, bar and waiter service were all excellent. The portions were HUGE, so we could have easily split what we ordered. I highly recommend the rib-eye steak if you are in to meat - why else go. OUTSTANDING. Can't wait to go back. Kudos to Monty's for keeping the place top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Red BoothsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I've been going to Monty's for more than 40 years And,I keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedrubyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Atlantic Halibut was great.good experience Desert was greats go hungrySpecial Features:
- Fried Chicken!plernerVIPDined on 7/2/2014Yes, it's considered a steak house, however, Monty's serves amazing fried chicken! If you have never been there you should listen to a local and try Monty's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014Dining at Monty's is always an event. Our family has been going there for many years and we are now taking our grandchildren to carry on the tradition. The food is always excellent as is the service. The wine list is exceptional and well priced. The portions are very generous so be advised it might be a good idea to skip lunch if you are having dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupersleuthDined on 6/25/2014Been going to Monty's Westwood for over 55 years (when it was open), and now this one, which we seldom use, but will endeavor to do more, since the food was exquisite, and wife said "best steak she ever had."Special Features:
- Not worth the timeKiwi22Dined on 6/20/2014This used to be a great restaurant....unfortunately the food, and service aren't worth the money. Steaks were flavourless, mashed potatoes tasted like boxed flakes, better salad at a grocery store salad bar. Service was slow and unprofessional. There are far better steakhouses than Montys..skip it.Special Features:
- Cheap.....DipaulaDined on 6/15/2014Driving by with the car one can see a huge ad that Dad's eat for free on Father's day. I even sent a written request asking if dads can choose anything from the menu during Father's day. I never received a response but despite made the reservation for me and my son. Once at the table I found out that in order to qualify for that free mean, it required a minimum of a party of 4!! Having talked to the owner, all he would offer was a free drink - very very cheap!! I will most definitely not visit this restaurant ever again nor will I recommend it to anyone. (I have been a regular back about 3 years ago!)
- No restaurant "chain" feeling hereBobbyDined on 6/14/2014Thank you something new - this one is a winner. Very kind staff, food is delicious.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/10/2014We have been going to Monty's for years. It is always consistently good. They have the best shrimp cocktail with the largest shrimp you can find. Steak and Seafood are both excellent. The service is superb.Special Features:
- great for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2014This is a wonderful place for a leisurely dinner- my salad was even better than my steak; and my steak was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentEdanEatsVIPDined on 5/25/2014Monty's is and has been a neighborhood staple. I've been going there for over 20 years. I always no what I am going to get in terms of food, service and ambience. I am never disappointed. It's a great go-to place to bring friends and out of towners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monty'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014We have been going to Monty's for years and recently moves back to the area. It is still fabulous. Exceptional tasting and quality food. Huge portions. Pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Hands on management who have been running Monty's for decades. Larry and Bobby make the experience perfect ! We highly recommend this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankyDined on 5/9/2014When I made the reservations I specifically noted that it was a birthday celebration, when we got there my husband was out with the valet so I told the host AGAIN that it was his birthday., then I told the waitress. The table across the way was another gentlemen' s birthday, the waitress said happy birthday, and someone else said happy birthday (maybe the GM),but nothing for my husband, it was really sad, I was so dissapointed, specifically because he requested we go to Monty's for his birthday.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Monty's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Overpriced, noisy, but good steaksFlyindocVIPDined on 5/2/2014This restaurant seems to try to cater to the young bar scene crowd. It was too noisy to be able converse comfortably. The steaks were excellent, though the menu has become ala carte and everything is charged extra. Peppercorn sauce for my meal was an additional $6! Really? This was the first time in my life where I've ever been charged for steak sauce. To reiterate, the good was good, but not a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceEnjoysteakDined on 4/27/2014Made a reservation waited while other parties that walked in were seated. Seems to be if your not a regular customer there you really don't exist.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Great Food, Excellent. Service. Had a deep bar with premium spirits. I was only expecting a sit down dinner with my friends, but on Saturday's they do have an in house band and dance floor. Planned good music and the dance floor was hopping. A nice older sophisticated crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItSClarkDined on 4/12/2014In my constant pursuit to give the lady the best steak I can find, Monty's is currently at the top of the list. Exceptional.Special Features:
- Just OKBIGFOOTDined on 4/11/2014A bit overpriced for the quality of what you receive. But still a great local place for locals and the owners have a great relationship with their regulars and thank you as you leave. For owners in their 80's that was pretty cool.Special Features:
- Old Traditional PlacekenzcpaVIPDined on 4/5/2014They have made little or no changes to this place in 25 years when it used to be Todd's. The meat was OK but it was not top quality. I paid $ 54 for a bone-in filet which was way overpriced. You are better off at Flemings a mile North of Monty's.Special Features:
- Reliable and big portionstimSVIPDined on 4/4/2014I have been to Monty's several times and it hasn't dissappointed. Love the deep fried pickle chips. Steaks and side portions are huge, and all our steaks were cooked perfectly. The drinks were strong, which was ok for me, but too strong for my GF, even after they watered it down. Great food, and we had a good time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableTravelingGalDined on 4/2/2014We go to Monty's every few months. The steaks are amazing and the seafood particularly good. The service is always careful and attentive. Very "old school" and we like it that way. There is a bar scene in another room with sports on the TV but it never intrudes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night locationAnnelisezahDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful steak and seafood location. Friday and Saturday nights always have a great band with dancing. Have been there on several occasions and have always had a great dinner with a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Birthday Dinner!!!DougVIPDined on 3/7/2014We ate at Monty's for my wife's birthday. As soon as the server knew that it was her birthday, she kept making references to her birthday and made her feel extra special. The service was outstanding, as was the food. Although we have gone to Monty's for years, we seem to forget how good it really is. We will be back sooner this time!!!Special Features:
- Usually reliable, not tonightdinnerdinerDined on 3/7/2014We've been eating at Monty's probably since they opened. Tonight, the service was incredibly slow. We waited nearly an hour for our salads to arrive (and that was after inquiring about them) and then again nearly as long for our entrees. Not once did our server ask how we were doing or apologize for the delays. Even the owner was standing in the doorway next to our table and never checked with us. That being said, the food was outstanding tasting, but for $180, it should have been served timely.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Luv2dineDined on 2/22/2014Outstanding meal and top notch service! Thank you to our server, Madonna and staff. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks in the valleyValleyBoyVIPDined on 2/21/2014best steaks in the valley ! Active bar and good live music .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old time all around good restaurantAuntidirDined on 2/14/2014We haven't been there in a while, but we were pleasantly surprised that it was very good. Went there for years. Owners are on top of everything. Mingle with the crowd. Personal touch, but not overly nice. Noisy as was a holiday. Every table takenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/14GaryDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent, and the service was spot on. Wine list is extensive, but seating tended to be somewhat crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely DisappointingJCMUSDined on 2/14/2014Booked this for a Valentine's dinner and it was such a disappointment. The fried chicken was overcooked and flavorless. The filet was fine but flavorless. No substitutions are allowed (not everyone likes peas.) The only positive was our waitress. She was great. Did not know valet was the only option. A valet attendant tracked me down en route to the entrance, very embarrasing. Lastly we were clearly 20-30 years younger than the average age of the crowd. Will never be going back.
- Waitress was awful. CouldWhitVIPDined on 2/13/2014Waitress was awful. Could not find a bottle of wine and sommelier never came over to talk to is about it. She was short and not helpful.Special Features:
- Monty's is Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014This is the best steak place in the Valley by far. The service, food, and drinks are unbelievable and worth every penny!! You have to go and experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.