Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
8426 Old Keene Mill Road
Springfield, VA 22152Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7039428676x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving lunch 11:00am-2:00pm & dinner 4:30pm-9pm daily.
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Marco Camacho
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: “We listen not to reply. We listen to understand before we reply.” Monty’s
Awaken your senses with exceptional quality & presentation.Monty’s will deliver succulent recipes, mouth-watering food presentation, intoxicating aromas, professional/courteous/thoughtful staff and a perfect selection of background music, if you choose, for you & your guests to enjoy.
- Private Party Facilities: Monty"s Steakhouse is a stunning example of casual fine dining at its best. Ideal for any variety of business or social occasions and fundraisers, Monty's can host a variety of group sizes, including rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings, corporate business and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Montazami 8669433670
- Special Events: The list is endless...Weddings-Birthdays-Retirement--Anniversaries, etc...
The memories are priceless.
Whether simple or elegant, drop-off or full service, and any combination that suits your event, Monty’s will help create an affair which you and your guests will long remember.
A word from Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
Unpretentious and pocket book friendly, Monty's Steakhouse & Lounge is an upscale, casual fine dining restaurant serving perfectly dry-aged Steaks & fresh Seafood to Springfield/ Burke and surrounding areas in Fairfax County, Va. Whether you wish to join us for lunch or dinner, you will be surrounded in an old meets new (circa 1920's) relaxed elegance and exceptional service. Awaken your taste buds and savor the distinctive culinary cuisine at Monty's. Our 90 seat modular design dining area can host smaller & cozy private functions as well as larger scale special events, including business meetings, fund raising, holiday celebrations, anniversaries, graduation, to name just a few. Regardless the occasion, Monty's gracious, knowledgeable and professional staff will make certain your special event stays special with great food, satisfying portions, fine beverages and a good experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dont Let The Location Fool YouOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This place is nestled in an old shopping center, and I was wondering how decent it could be. To my surprise, I was very wrong. Amazing decor, ambiance, and the food was amazing. Every flavor in every dish was perfectly balanced. Nothing over powering or underwhelming.Special Features:
- Food good, clientele notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014We were there for our anniversary dinner. The food and the service were great, however there was a couple there with 2 toddlers. This is a neighborhood place, but a white tablecloth restaurant is not the place to take toddlers. Not sure I would go back, it's rather expensive to put up with that.Special Features:
- Big surprisevolublegenieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Just expected a run of the mill steakhouse....completely exceeded my expectations...really amazing food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful end to a hectic dayVASteakLoverDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I were looking for a quiet evening together for dinner. Monty's Steakhouse delivered!!! Once inside you forget about where you are. The food, service and ambiance was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHonestFeedbackDined on 9/30/2014I've been before and had steak that was delicious, but this time I went for seafood. It was cooked perfect, but I didn't like how much butter seemed to be on the plate. Next time I'll be sure to specify to not use butter. Also got the fries and they were flavorless. Overall, the ambiance is awesome, but I think for the location and food flavor the price point is about $8 higher overall than it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Monty'seatdessertfirstDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I dined here for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were very happy with our choice! The restaurant is lovely, and quiet enough to talk softly. Service was great, and the food was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. We are going to recommend Monty's to our friends and will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Grest Anniversary Dinner!!!AnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014Everything was absolutely perfect! Mandana the owner, came over to our table several times to check on us. She and her staff are absolutely amazing! From Crystal the bartender to Mandana herself. Everyone gave their own personal flare. The food was fantastic! The drinks were wonderful. The service was impeccable. We have already told numerous friends about Monty's Steakhouse. It has instantly become our favorite restaurant. We are looking forward to our next visit. P.S. You have to try the Habanero Lava Cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findMikeyDined on 9/26/2014Our second time.....food and service consistent....top quality... wonderful appetizers....entrees are a bit pricey...wonderful service...Special Features:
- We love Monty'sJackBarbDined on 9/25/2014Our favorite place for fine dining and for special occasions in Springfield. Try to save room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place to Honor My FatherGarsDaughterDebDined on 9/19/2014My elderly father actually found Monty's Steakhouse when it first opened. He loved it and took me to lunch there one day a year ago. It was a wonderful experience. We went there again at another point in the last year, again for lunch. Sadly my father just passed away and with relatives in town I tried to figure out a place that would be appropriate for a fine meal and experience. I instantly thought of Monty's and what a wonderful experience. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The ambiance was comforting and special. The meals were fantastic and the wine was fabulous. My father would have loved the fact that we went there. I am forever grateful to the Monty's team for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!1gr8findDined on 9/18/2014We had a group of five celebrating my husbands 75th birthday and could not have had better service, food, or ambiance anywhere else. Highly recommend this restaurant. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware!disappointed1Dined on 9/8/2014Was in town for a conference and had dinner there with four of my colleagues. Place was empty and despite that service went from bad to worse. Waiter offered us bread and forgot to deliver it. Waiter did not mention up front the menu items that were not available. Food was good but a bit overpriced. Ordered the chocolate lava cake and it was stale. Finally, the waiter and manager did not seem to know how to split a check because it took over half an hour and when they finally did, they actually hand wrote in a tip of over 20% on each of our checks. I have never seen this done ever in my many years. Would never return.
- DinnerLunch123VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food and service were great as usual. Only complaint is people at the bar were very loud and it was hard to here our own conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something local, but misses markLocalDinerDined on 9/6/2014Decor nice. Wobbly tables, ended up sitting uncomfortably straight to avoid major disturbance. Their philosophy is best value for great quality cuts, and value is decent, but they get you in apps-not sophisticated & over-priced. Steaks came out perfectly to temp, but no flavor. I understand appreciating a good piece of meat, but... Details off, side dishes/apps. Ordered shrimp cargot (portobello w/ sm frozen shrimp, cheese covered, as if to hide shrimp), baked potato was NOT baked, mushroom side looked like canned mushroom, probably overcrowded on pan. Awkward service-asked several times for a knife/napkins. Orders came out stilted. Drink was strong & good gin. Not worth the price for what is & feels like it still needs a lot of maturing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Overall, everything the food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. We had a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was quite a find. This was our first visit to Monty's and loved it. This will definitely be one we put on our list of favorable restaurants. We will visit them again.Special Features:
- Great for lunch and dinner!RBSCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent lunch menu. Although wonderful for steaks the vegetarian options really pleased my business partner.Special Features:
- Best presentationBermudaWilliamsDined on 8/22/2014I am always pleased with the food and service at this lovely local restaurant. There is no need to go out of he neighborhood to enjoy fine dining since Monty's is here. If I could upload photos you'd see what I mean.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMarc1090Dined on 8/19/2014Spent our anniversary dinner at Monty's and had a wonderful experience as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014As usual we had an awesome dining experience with an attentive waiter and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014We have had good dining experiences at Monty's, but on Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m., with very few people in the restaurant or outside, our service was not up to par. Very slow service for the restaurant not being busy at that time. The steak salads were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantFitzDined on 8/12/2014We tried Monty's for our Anniversary Dinner. It was our first time and we were not disappointed. The menu selections and the nightly specials were quite appetizing. While my wife selected the Chilean Sea Bass, I opted for the Filet Mignon. The meal was superb. We really enjoyed our time there. we will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for everydaylewtagDined on 8/3/2014Great menu for foodies with a thick wallet...great service and nice family ambience...ultra quiet on Sunday late evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The food is always top notch, the staff unfailingly attentive. Always a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasure!AppreciativeDinerDined on 7/23/2014Subtle elegance, exceptional entrees, excellent service! That about sums up our dining experience at Monty's. Don't pass up the chance to experience this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monty's Steakhouse- who'd a known!!localbusinessfanDined on 7/19/2014We went with another couple who has frequented Monty's several times in the last year. Moderately upscale in the middle of a shopping plaza. Definitely would return, nice selection on the menu...the crab, shrimp portobello appetizer was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was lackng.JohnWNDined on 7/14/2014Because of my previous good experience with the restaurant's service, I'll return. My approximately 26 oz. Porterhouse steak which served my wife and I, a Caesar salad big enough to split, and 2 twice backed potatoes were all great. The second side was a combination of asparagus with roasted tomato bits was exceptional. The bread was very unremarkable. Outside dinning was good, but faced a mall parking lot. Service, which has been good in the past, was poor on this occasion. The chef re-cook a second Porterhouse steak because the first one was over cooked. The problem was that nobody told us. We waited an hour for our steak before asking the manage. While the manager and waiter were very apologetic, the neglect was hard to ignore.Special Features:
- Dining at Monty'sGingoDined on 7/11/2014Dining at Monty's is a special treat. We now compare other restaurants to the excellent food and service we receive. Upon occasion we say, "this would not happen at Monty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodDonSDined on 7/11/2014Ambience was very nice, food was ok. Steak was a quality cut, but ordered Medium, received Well Done instead. Vegetables did not appear to be fresh, but tasted good. First glass of wine was very nice, ordered a 2nd glass and it tasted like some cheap $4 bottle of wine. Service was good and owner stopped to verify how everything was, which is nice to see. But, no plans to go back at that price to see if they improve the chef's and bartender's abilities.
- henbellDined on 7/8/2014Great little cozy restaurant with an experienced chef. Wonderful food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Local RestaurantBillTheOldHippyDined on 7/4/2014Springfield, Virginia does not have a lot of outstanding restaurants but of the few, Monty's is definitely one of the best. The food and the service are top notch! The owner is always there and extremely engaging and attentive to her customers and her commitment to fine dining conveys to her staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Monty's just so-sosponsljpDined on 7/3/2014The atmosphere was nice but seemed a little forced. Our waiter was awesome. He was very engaging. We ordered the shrimp cocktail appetizer and it was fantastic. It came in a bowl made out of ice which looked really cool. The complimentary bread consisted of banana bread and small dinner rolls. I'm not a fan of bananas so I didn't try the banana bread but the dinner rolls were sub-par and very dry. I both ordered the single filet and agreed that it was cooked perfectly on the inside but a little too charred on the outside. The main problem was that it really had no flavor. The gratin potatoes were amazing though! I would probably try this restaurant again if it weren't for the prices. They definitely didn't match the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014While living in the area for quite a while we were not familiar with Monty's. A friend knew we had a special occasion coming up and recommended the restaurant. Great food, atmosphere and service. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Nice meal and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to Monty's Steakhouse last Saturday night. The menu was impressive--good for steak lovers and those looking for seafood as well. The atmosphere is lovely and the service was great. For Springfield, it's perhaps the nicest restaurant we've visited. We will definitely return to Monty's.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!FoodManChuDined on 6/28/2014We love Monty's! Steaks are mouth-watering, and the sides are delicious! Everyone in our party of 6 left happy and full! The service couldn't be better ... friendly, helpful, and attentive. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service raymondo & good foodMikeDined on 6/28/2014Wait staff attentive. Crab & filet good. Raymondo great personality and welcoming style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ Monty'sBoringVIPDined on 6/25/2014Service started out good, but as soon as he had more tables/parties bigger than our 2-top, he pretty much disappeared. Donna (manager?) was fantastic and brought us out a second order of crabcakes (gratis) as our server failed to give us the choice of sauces. The crabcakes were good -- better with the lobster citrus sauce than the aoli. Clam chowder was disappointing -- pretty much all potatos. NY Strip was excellent, as was the tuna tartare app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemYumYumDined on 6/24/2014Family-owned with a warm yet sophisticated feeling. I found this place on yelp for I was traveling from Southern California. Upon first arrival, i was concerned that I had the wrong address because the restaurant is located in what is best described as a strip mall. I figured a high-end restaurant would have a nicer location but upon entering the restaurant, I realized that I was in the right place because the decor was well appointed and the restaurant had a sophisticated and classy vibe. Total bill for three people with appetizers, 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of wine, 2 glasses of beer, entrees, dessert and coffee came to $300 including tip which I felt was good value. The owner of the restaurant is a lovely lady that is very inviting.Special Features:
- amazing foodtkactorDined on 6/22/2014After eating at Monty's several times, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot go wrong with the food there. Everything is simply amazing. I highly recommend giving it a try. You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening until the endsusanismVIPDined on 6/21/2014we went to dinner there on Saturday and the food and the service was wonderful. it was about 9:45pm and we were one of the last tables, lingering over our coffee. the wait staff came out and told us we had to leave as they had to close the outside area and the restaurant at 10-pm! I was so surprised! I have never been asked to leave and we were being quiet and enjoying our evening! I would have preferred to have been told at teh beginning of our evening...we sat down to have dinner at 8:15pm, that they closed their doors at 10pm and one had to vacate the premises by 9:45 so the staff could do clean up and lock the doors.Special Features:
- The following 494 reviews are from the Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews archive.