Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
8426 Old Keene Mill Road
Springfield, VA 22152Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7039428676x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving lunch 11:00am-2:00pm & dinner 4:30pm-9pm daily.
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Marco Camacho
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: “We listen not to reply. We listen to understand before we reply.” Monty’s
Awaken your senses with exceptional quality & presentation.Monty’s will deliver succulent recipes, mouth-watering food presentation, intoxicating aromas, professional/courteous/thoughtful staff and a perfect selection of background music, if you choose, for you & your guests to enjoy.
- Private Party Facilities: Monty"s Steakhouse is a stunning example of casual fine dining at its best. Ideal for any variety of business or social occasions and fundraisers, Monty's can host a variety of group sizes, including rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings, corporate business and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Montazami 8669433670
- Special Events: The list is endless...Weddings-Birthdays-Retirement--Anniversaries, etc...
The memories are priceless.
Whether simple or elegant, drop-off or full service, and any combination that suits your event, Monty’s will help create an affair which you and your guests will long remember.
A word from Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
Unpretentious and pocket book friendly, Monty's Steakhouse & Lounge is an upscale, casual fine dining restaurant serving perfectly dry-aged Steaks & fresh Seafood to Springfield/ Burke and surrounding areas in Fairfax County, Va. Whether you wish to join us for lunch or dinner, you will be surrounded in an old meets new (circa 1920's) relaxed elegance and exceptional service. Awaken your taste buds and savor the distinctive culinary cuisine at Monty's. Our 90 seat modular design dining area can host smaller & cozy private functions as well as larger scale special events, including business meetings, fund raising, holiday celebrations, anniversaries, graduation, to name just a few. Regardless the occasion, Monty's gracious, knowledgeable and professional staff will make certain your special event stays special with great food, satisfying portions, fine beverages and a good experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (11)romantic (11)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Beware!disappointed1Dined on 9/8/2014Was in town for a conference and had dinner there with four of my colleagues. Place was empty and despite that service went from bad to worse. Waiter offered us bread and forgot to deliver it. Waiter did not mention up front the menu items that were not available. Food was good but a bit overpriced. Ordered the chocolate lava cake and it was stale. Finally, the waiter and manager did not seem to know how to split a check because it took over half an hour and when they finally did, they actually hand wrote in a tip of over 20% on each of our checks. I have never seen this done ever in my many years. Would never return.
- DinnerLunch123VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food and service were great as usual. Only complaint is people at the bar were very loud and it was hard to here our own conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something local, but misses markLocalDinerDined on 9/6/2014Decor nice. Wobbly tables, ended up sitting uncomfortably straight to avoid major disturbance. Their philosophy is best value for great quality cuts, and value is decent, but they get you in apps-not sophisticated & over-priced. Steaks came out perfectly to temp, but no flavor. I understand appreciating a good piece of meat, but... Details off, side dishes/apps. Ordered shrimp cargot (portobello w/ sm frozen shrimp, cheese covered, as if to hide shrimp), baked potato was NOT baked, mushroom side looked like canned mushroom, probably overcrowded on pan. Awkward service-asked several times for a knife/napkins. Orders came out stilted. Drink was strong & good gin. Not worth the price for what is & feels like it still needs a lot of maturing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Overall, everything the food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. We had a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was quite a find. This was our first visit to Monty's and loved it. This will definitely be one we put on our list of favorable restaurants. We will visit them again.Special Features:
- Great for lunch and dinner!RBSCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent lunch menu. Although wonderful for steaks the vegetarian options really pleased my business partner.Special Features:
- Best presentationBermudaWilliamsDined on 8/22/2014I am always pleased with the food and service at this lovely local restaurant. There is no need to go out of he neighborhood to enjoy fine dining since Monty's is here. If I could upload photos you'd see what I mean.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMarc1090Dined on 8/19/2014Spent our anniversary dinner at Monty's and had a wonderful experience as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014As usual we had an awesome dining experience with an attentive waiter and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014We have had good dining experiences at Monty's, but on Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m., with very few people in the restaurant or outside, our service was not up to par. Very slow service for the restaurant not being busy at that time. The steak salads were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantFitzDined on 8/12/2014We tried Monty's for our Anniversary Dinner. It was our first time and we were not disappointed. The menu selections and the nightly specials were quite appetizing. While my wife selected the Chilean Sea Bass, I opted for the Filet Mignon. The meal was superb. We really enjoyed our time there. we will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for everydaylewtagDined on 8/3/2014Great menu for foodies with a thick wallet...great service and nice family ambience...ultra quiet on Sunday late evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The food is always top notch, the staff unfailingly attentive. Always a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasure!AppreciativeDinerDined on 7/23/2014Subtle elegance, exceptional entrees, excellent service! That about sums up our dining experience at Monty's. Don't pass up the chance to experience this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monty's Steakhouse- who'd a known!!localbusinessfanDined on 7/19/2014We went with another couple who has frequented Monty's several times in the last year. Moderately upscale in the middle of a shopping plaza. Definitely would return, nice selection on the menu...the crab, shrimp portobello appetizer was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was lackng.JohnWNDined on 7/14/2014Because of my previous good experience with the restaurant's service, I'll return. My approximately 26 oz. Porterhouse steak which served my wife and I, a Caesar salad big enough to split, and 2 twice backed potatoes were all great. The second side was a combination of asparagus with roasted tomato bits was exceptional. The bread was very unremarkable. Outside dinning was good, but faced a mall parking lot. Service, which has been good in the past, was poor on this occasion. The chef re-cook a second Porterhouse steak because the first one was over cooked. The problem was that nobody told us. We waited an hour for our steak before asking the manage. While the manager and waiter were very apologetic, the neglect was hard to ignore.Special Features:
- Dining at Monty'sGingoDined on 7/11/2014Dining at Monty's is a special treat. We now compare other restaurants to the excellent food and service we receive. Upon occasion we say, "this would not happen at Monty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodDonSDined on 7/11/2014Ambience was very nice, food was ok. Steak was a quality cut, but ordered Medium, received Well Done instead. Vegetables did not appear to be fresh, but tasted good. First glass of wine was very nice, ordered a 2nd glass and it tasted like some cheap $4 bottle of wine. Service was good and owner stopped to verify how everything was, which is nice to see. But, no plans to go back at that price to see if they improve the chef's and bartender's abilities.
- henbellDined on 7/8/2014Great little cozy restaurant with an experienced chef. Wonderful food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Local RestaurantBillTheOldHippyDined on 7/4/2014Springfield, Virginia does not have a lot of outstanding restaurants but of the few, Monty's is definitely one of the best. The food and the service are top notch! The owner is always there and extremely engaging and attentive to her customers and her commitment to fine dining conveys to her staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Monty's just so-sosponsljpDined on 7/3/2014The atmosphere was nice but seemed a little forced. Our waiter was awesome. He was very engaging. We ordered the shrimp cocktail appetizer and it was fantastic. It came in a bowl made out of ice which looked really cool. The complimentary bread consisted of banana bread and small dinner rolls. I'm not a fan of bananas so I didn't try the banana bread but the dinner rolls were sub-par and very dry. I both ordered the single filet and agreed that it was cooked perfectly on the inside but a little too charred on the outside. The main problem was that it really had no flavor. The gratin potatoes were amazing though! I would probably try this restaurant again if it weren't for the prices. They definitely didn't match the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014While living in the area for quite a while we were not familiar with Monty's. A friend knew we had a special occasion coming up and recommended the restaurant. Great food, atmosphere and service. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Nice meal and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to Monty's Steakhouse last Saturday night. The menu was impressive--good for steak lovers and those looking for seafood as well. The atmosphere is lovely and the service was great. For Springfield, it's perhaps the nicest restaurant we've visited. We will definitely return to Monty's.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!FoodManChuDined on 6/28/2014We love Monty's! Steaks are mouth-watering, and the sides are delicious! Everyone in our party of 6 left happy and full! The service couldn't be better ... friendly, helpful, and attentive. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service raymondo & good foodMikeDined on 6/28/2014Wait staff attentive. Crab & filet good. Raymondo great personality and welcoming style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ Monty'sBoringVIPDined on 6/25/2014Service started out good, but as soon as he had more tables/parties bigger than our 2-top, he pretty much disappeared. Donna (manager?) was fantastic and brought us out a second order of crabcakes (gratis) as our server failed to give us the choice of sauces. The crabcakes were good -- better with the lobster citrus sauce than the aoli. Clam chowder was disappointing -- pretty much all potatos. NY Strip was excellent, as was the tuna tartare app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemYumYumDined on 6/24/2014Family-owned with a warm yet sophisticated feeling. I found this place on yelp for I was traveling from Southern California. Upon first arrival, i was concerned that I had the wrong address because the restaurant is located in what is best described as a strip mall. I figured a high-end restaurant would have a nicer location but upon entering the restaurant, I realized that I was in the right place because the decor was well appointed and the restaurant had a sophisticated and classy vibe. Total bill for three people with appetizers, 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of wine, 2 glasses of beer, entrees, dessert and coffee came to $300 including tip which I felt was good value. The owner of the restaurant is a lovely lady that is very inviting.Special Features:
- amazing foodtkactorDined on 6/22/2014After eating at Monty's several times, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot go wrong with the food there. Everything is simply amazing. I highly recommend giving it a try. You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening until the endsusanismVIPDined on 6/21/2014we went to dinner there on Saturday and the food and the service was wonderful. it was about 9:45pm and we were one of the last tables, lingering over our coffee. the wait staff came out and told us we had to leave as they had to close the outside area and the restaurant at 10-pm! I was so surprised! I have never been asked to leave and we were being quiet and enjoying our evening! I would have preferred to have been told at teh beginning of our evening...we sat down to have dinner at 8:15pm, that they closed their doors at 10pm and one had to vacate the premises by 9:45 so the staff could do clean up and lock the doors.Special Features:
- Presentation spectacularBermudaWilliamsDined on 6/20/2014The food and service here is always top shelf. We had friends in town for one evening and this was our only choice of restaurants as the food is the best in the area. The presentation is unequaled and the menu is diverse enough for anyone's palate. I don't feel compelled to have to dress up much so that's a plus when you are on the run and want to pop by a local restaurant as I've done for lunch as well.Special Features:
- Surprise findPHEfromAnnapolisDined on 6/19/2014I looked for a place that was convenient for three colleagues to meet for dinner. Came across Monty's and decided to give it a try. For a blind selection, it far exceeded all expectations. The food was excellent, the server extremely well-informed and the setting quiet and relaxed. I would return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maxiVIPDined on 6/14/2014We always have a nice meal. We go back often. A great neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:
- Special DinnerWaltDined on 6/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary at one of our favorite restaurants. Steak were to perfection, great service; a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Service needs overhaulHappyDinerDined on 6/3/2014Second visit here. This time, service was poor, raw oysters were sitting in ice water, not ice (when did they fix the tray? A half hour prior?), dinner salad ordered with dressing on side but served dressed (had to send back), asked for beer menu (it never came) and worst was the couple who came in just after we sat down and the woman talked LOUDLY on her cell phone for what seemed like the entire meal! She seemed to be a friend of restaurant as she ordered after us, but got served first and hostess was treating her like family..she should have asked her to tone her voice down, she did keep coming over and ask her if she was still on the phone. Of course she was on the phone, everyone could hear her. Too expensive for poor service. Too bad.
- Restaurant is dropping the ballDisappointedVIPDined on 5/31/2014We eat at this restaurant alot. The food there is fabulous. However the service not so much. It took the waiter forever to take our order. When the busboy brought over two of the meals he spilled some of the juice from thesteak on me. When I said stop you are pouring hot sauce on me he straightened the plate & scurried away. The table next to is had a wine carafe she put it on my skin to cool it down. I didn't say anything to the owner (who was there) because I didn't want the young man to be fired. Very very disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed our Friday night evening meal All four had a great steak and sides. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 486 reviews are from the Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews archive.
- Consistently misses on serviceJimboDined on 5/18/2014This was our 5th visit. Our bill, including wine and tip was around $400. The food was good, but sides were mixed up and one dinner sat on the table for over 5 minutes until the corrections could be made and the other meals brought back. Don't know if there's just not enough help, but all our visits suffered from lack of attention by servers. Too much time before taking drink orders, then big gaps between appetizer and meals. Don't think we'll be back.
- First time at Monty'sfbdinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014My family dinner this weekend was our first time dining at Monty's. It's unassuming strip mall location should not deter you; the interior is sleek and relaxed. Service was courteous and attentive throughout the evening. Special requests were handled promptly and with a smile. Steaks (in various cuts) were the choice for most of our group and everyone was happy with cooking temps and cuts. One opted for the tuna and lobster risotto special, which was equally good. Portions were generous and there were a good number of tasty side dishes as well. This restaurant attracted couples and families with children and seemed to accommodate everyone equally well. We all agreed that Monty's would be our go-to choice for our next family dinner.Special Features:
- Rare in SpringfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Monty's Steakhouse is rare mainly because it's the only "white tablecloth" restaurant in Springfield (that I know of). We tried it when it first opened about two years ago and were not impressed - food was so-so, service was terrible. But we figured it might have just been growing pains as a new restaurant, so we'd give them another shot. I'm glad we did. They have definitely gotten their act together. The food was very good, and our waiter was great. My only real criticism is that it's a bit over priced. You are getting a "fine dining" experience that you would normally have to go into DC for, but you're also paying downtown DC prices. But still, it's nice to have an upscale steak house right here in Springfield.Special Features:
- poor managementfernblizzDined on 5/16/2014Food was ok but management did not address any negative responses that we had. Waitstaff was attentive. The server was left on his own saying that management was not interested in speaking with us.