Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
8426 Old Keene Mill Road
Springfield, VA 22152Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (703) 942-8676
- Hours of Operation:
Serving lunch 11:00am-2:00pm & dinner 4:30pm-9pm daily.
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Marco Camacho
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: “We listen not to reply. We listen to understand before we reply.” Monty’s
Awaken your senses with exceptional quality & presentation.Monty’s will deliver succulent recipes, mouth-watering food presentation, intoxicating aromas, professional/courteous/thoughtful staff and a perfect selection of background music, if you choose, for you & your guests to enjoy.
- Private Party Facilities: Monty"s Steakhouse is a stunning example of casual fine dining at its best. Ideal for any variety of business or social occasions and fundraisers, Monty's can host a variety of group sizes, including rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings, corporate business and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Montazami 8669433670
- Special Events: The list is endless...Weddings-Birthdays-Retirement--Anniversaries, etc...
The memories are priceless.
Whether simple or elegant, drop-off or full service, and any combination that suits your event, Monty’s will help create an affair which you and your guests will long remember.
A word from Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield
Unpretentious and pocket book friendly, Monty's Steakhouse & Lounge is an upscale, casual fine dining restaurant serving perfectly dry-aged Steaks & fresh Seafood to Springfield/ Burke and surrounding areas in Fairfax County, Va. Whether you wish to join us for lunch or dinner, you will be surrounded in an old meets new (circa 1920's) relaxed elegance and exceptional service. Awaken your taste buds and savor the distinctive culinary cuisine at Monty's. Our 90 seat modular design dining area can host smaller & cozy private functions as well as larger scale special events, including business meetings, fund raising, holiday celebrations, anniversaries, graduation, to name just a few. Regardless the occasion, Monty's gracious, knowledgeable and professional staff will make certain your special event stays special with great food, satisfying portions, fine beverages and a good experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Steak was good. Vegetables should have been washed more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come to Monty's!RichDined on 11/8/2014We recently found Monty's, and it is a treat. Moderate-to-expensive (not Ruth Chris, but certainly not Outback, either), their menu is wonderful. We started by sharing the tuna tartare--delish. I had the pretty good onion soup while she had a better-than-average beet salad. She had a perfectly prepared 12 oz filet while I went for the dry-aged cowboy ribeye. (Hello, leftovers!) Not sure if the upcharge for dry aging is worth it, but my steak was fabulous. The meal was topped off by sharing a delicious black forest cake. The splendid bottle of red was bookended by a before-dinner Manhattan and an after dinner Cointreau. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Always a great dining experiencenovaellenDined on 11/4/2014This is a go to for us for a special meal. The food is well presented and has wonderful sauces on whatever entrée you chose. We had the sea bass and crabcakes which were exceptionally tasty. The service is attentive but not overpowering. It is a great surprise to find such a great restaurant in a strip mall. It feels as if you are downtown without having too travel far. I highly recommend trying Monty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Steaks!Bizzle30Dined on 11/1/2014The food and ambiance where great, , I went there for my birthday! It's a bit expensive but well worth it. Its definetly a hidden gem however, since its tucked away in a shopping center that does not have a lot of high quality dining. I would recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful variety of steaks!Special Features:
- SamOVIPDined on 11/1/2014I started with the corn chowder, which was a little salty. The ribeye was good, as were the sides of potatoes and spinach. Its great to have the option in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for suburbsDateNightDined on 10/25/2014We love good food and we love good restaurants but Burke is not DC or Great Falls! It is great to have a nice steakhouse in the community, but the extravagant pricing did not jive with the strip mall locale, noisy room, a too long wait for cocktails and then the steak having to go back to the kitchen for touch up. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive, crab cakes perfect and the steak ended up being done just right, but overall the sticker shock dampened the experience. We heard others at the next table exclaiming the same surprise. Will have to budget carefully if we are to visit again.Special Features:
- 4 out of 5TJ01Dined on 10/25/2014Our waiter/server definitely needed some additional training. He seemed to not want to serve us. He didn't even remember the chef's menu specials. We had to make our own inquiries based on what we overheard another waiter tell another table. He also didn't remember the specially made birthday cake that was to be presented to my husband. But, the lady who greeted us & was possibly the owner or manager, more than made up for his lackluster performance.Special Features:
- Unsatisfactory FinishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I would recommend Monty's with reservations...I mean, go there but beware. It's a steak house and yet the steak we had was not up to par. It was our first visit. We started with "Shrimpscargo" and a warm beet salad with fresh Burrata cheese. There was also a basket of interesting breads/EVOO. All were Delicious! Then came the Entrée -disappointing! We shared their "Mixed Grill." It included a small morsel of lamb which was delectable; a chorizo sausage that was tasty and had a kick; a grilled chicken breast also very good; BUT it had a beef rib that contained no beef only bone and fat and a NY Strip that was tough, ordinary and not at all satisfactory. I thought this was a steak house - What's with that!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Went on a Saturday Night. Service was spotty, food was good...but should be at premium prices.
- Awesome Local GemLuckyByrdDined on 10/18/2014Monty's never let's you down, this wonderful neighborhood steak house fit for any palate. It was just what the Dr. Ordered. Great food every time, Great service every time and the attention to detail was amazing. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont Let The Location Fool YouOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This place is nestled in an old shopping center, and I was wondering how decent it could be. To my surprise, I was very wrong. Amazing decor, ambiance, and the food was amazing. Every flavor in every dish was perfectly balanced. Nothing over powering or underwhelming.Special Features:
- Food good, clientele notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014We were there for our anniversary dinner. The food and the service were great, however there was a couple there with 2 toddlers. This is a neighborhood place, but a white tablecloth restaurant is not the place to take toddlers. Not sure I would go back, it's rather expensive to put up with that.Special Features:
- Big surprisevolublegenieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Just expected a run of the mill steakhouse....completely exceeded my expectations...really amazing food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful end to a hectic dayVASteakLoverDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I were looking for a quiet evening together for dinner. Monty's Steakhouse delivered!!! Once inside you forget about where you are. The food, service and ambiance was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHonestFeedbackDined on 9/30/2014I've been before and had steak that was delicious, but this time I went for seafood. It was cooked perfect, but I didn't like how much butter seemed to be on the plate. Next time I'll be sure to specify to not use butter. Also got the fries and they were flavorless. Overall, the ambiance is awesome, but I think for the location and food flavor the price point is about $8 higher overall than it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Monty'seatdessertfirstDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I dined here for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were very happy with our choice! The restaurant is lovely, and quiet enough to talk softly. Service was great, and the food was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. We are going to recommend Monty's to our friends and will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Grest Anniversary Dinner!!!AnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014Everything was absolutely perfect! Mandana the owner, came over to our table several times to check on us. She and her staff are absolutely amazing! From Crystal the bartender to Mandana herself. Everyone gave their own personal flare. The food was fantastic! The drinks were wonderful. The service was impeccable. We have already told numerous friends about Monty's Steakhouse. It has instantly become our favorite restaurant. We are looking forward to our next visit. P.S. You have to try the Habanero Lava Cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findMikeyDined on 9/26/2014Our second time.....food and service consistent....top quality... wonderful appetizers....entrees are a bit pricey...wonderful service...Special Features:
- We love Monty'sJackBarbDined on 9/25/2014Our favorite place for fine dining and for special occasions in Springfield. Try to save room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place to Honor My FatherGarsDaughterDebDined on 9/19/2014My elderly father actually found Monty's Steakhouse when it first opened. He loved it and took me to lunch there one day a year ago. It was a wonderful experience. We went there again at another point in the last year, again for lunch. Sadly my father just passed away and with relatives in town I tried to figure out a place that would be appropriate for a fine meal and experience. I instantly thought of Monty's and what a wonderful experience. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The ambiance was comforting and special. The meals were fantastic and the wine was fabulous. My father would have loved the fact that we went there. I am forever grateful to the Monty's team for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!1gr8findDined on 9/18/2014We had a group of five celebrating my husbands 75th birthday and could not have had better service, food, or ambiance anywhere else. Highly recommend this restaurant. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware!disappointed1Dined on 9/8/2014Was in town for a conference and had dinner there with four of my colleagues. Place was empty and despite that service went from bad to worse. Waiter offered us bread and forgot to deliver it. Waiter did not mention up front the menu items that were not available. Food was good but a bit overpriced. Ordered the chocolate lava cake and it was stale. Finally, the waiter and manager did not seem to know how to split a check because it took over half an hour and when they finally did, they actually hand wrote in a tip of over 20% on each of our checks. I have never seen this done ever in my many years. Would never return.
- DinnerLunch123VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food and service were great as usual. Only complaint is people at the bar were very loud and it was hard to here our own conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something local, but misses markLocalDinerDined on 9/6/2014Decor nice. Wobbly tables, ended up sitting uncomfortably straight to avoid major disturbance. Their philosophy is best value for great quality cuts, and value is decent, but they get you in apps-not sophisticated & over-priced. Steaks came out perfectly to temp, but no flavor. I understand appreciating a good piece of meat, but... Details off, side dishes/apps. Ordered shrimp cargot (portobello w/ sm frozen shrimp, cheese covered, as if to hide shrimp), baked potato was NOT baked, mushroom side looked like canned mushroom, probably overcrowded on pan. Awkward service-asked several times for a knife/napkins. Orders came out stilted. Drink was strong & good gin. Not worth the price for what is & feels like it still needs a lot of maturing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Overall, everything the food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. We had a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was quite a find. This was our first visit to Monty's and loved it. This will definitely be one we put on our list of favorable restaurants. We will visit them again.Special Features:
- Great for lunch and dinner!RBSCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent lunch menu. Although wonderful for steaks the vegetarian options really pleased my business partner.Special Features:
- Best presentationBermudaWilliamsDined on 8/22/2014I am always pleased with the food and service at this lovely local restaurant. There is no need to go out of he neighborhood to enjoy fine dining since Monty's is here. If I could upload photos you'd see what I mean.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMarc1090Dined on 8/19/2014Spent our anniversary dinner at Monty's and had a wonderful experience as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014As usual we had an awesome dining experience with an attentive waiter and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014We have had good dining experiences at Monty's, but on Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m., with very few people in the restaurant or outside, our service was not up to par. Very slow service for the restaurant not being busy at that time. The steak salads were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantFitzDined on 8/12/2014We tried Monty's for our Anniversary Dinner. It was our first time and we were not disappointed. The menu selections and the nightly specials were quite appetizing. While my wife selected the Chilean Sea Bass, I opted for the Filet Mignon. The meal was superb. We really enjoyed our time there. we will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for everydaylewtagDined on 8/3/2014Great menu for foodies with a thick wallet...great service and nice family ambience...ultra quiet on Sunday late evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth considering if you're localFoodoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Not worth a trip unless you're already in Springfield. They should examine the "team" service method they employ. There were multiple communication breakdowns between us and the 3 different people that waited on us. Food ranged from blah to ok.
- The following 511 reviews are from the Monty's Steakhouse - Springfield reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The food is always top notch, the staff unfailingly attentive. Always a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasure!AppreciativeDinerDined on 7/23/2014Subtle elegance, exceptional entrees, excellent service! That about sums up our dining experience at Monty's. Don't pass up the chance to experience this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monty's Steakhouse- who'd a known!!localbusinessfanDined on 7/19/2014We went with another couple who has frequented Monty's several times in the last year. Moderately upscale in the middle of a shopping plaza. Definitely would return, nice selection on the menu...the crab, shrimp portobello appetizer was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was lackng.JohnWNDined on 7/14/2014Because of my previous good experience with the restaurant's service, I'll return. My approximately 26 oz. Porterhouse steak which served my wife and I, a Caesar salad big enough to split, and 2 twice backed potatoes were all great. The second side was a combination of asparagus with roasted tomato bits was exceptional. The bread was very unremarkable. Outside dinning was good, but faced a mall parking lot. Service, which has been good in the past, was poor on this occasion. The chef re-cook a second Porterhouse steak because the first one was over cooked. The problem was that nobody told us. We waited an hour for our steak before asking the manage. While the manager and waiter were very apologetic, the neglect was hard to ignore.Special Features:
- Dining at Monty'sGingoDined on 7/11/2014Dining at Monty's is a special treat. We now compare other restaurants to the excellent food and service we receive. Upon occasion we say, "this would not happen at Monty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodDonSDined on 7/11/2014Ambience was very nice, food was ok. Steak was a quality cut, but ordered Medium, received Well Done instead. Vegetables did not appear to be fresh, but tasted good. First glass of wine was very nice, ordered a 2nd glass and it tasted like some cheap $4 bottle of wine. Service was good and owner stopped to verify how everything was, which is nice to see. But, no plans to go back at that price to see if they improve the chef's and bartender's abilities.