Monti's Rotisserie & Bar
714 Village Ct
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Monti's Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montisroti.net/
- Phone: 7075684404
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. Please call Jenny Gipson for details. (707) 576-9610
- Private Party Facilities: Monti's Rotisserie & Bar offers semi-private accommodations. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Brandi Carter (707)568-4404
- Entertainment: There is live music throughout the summer in Village Court.
A word from Monti's Rotisserie & Bar
Located in the Montgomery Village Shopping Center, Monti’s welcomes you with its rustic Mediterranean ambiance. In addition to different nightly specials from the large wood-fired rotisserie, including CK Leg of Lamb and Liberty Farms Lavender Roasted Duck, Monti’s menu offers both small and big plates that feature fresh local meats and seasonal produce. Also available are pizzas, pastas, salads and a selection of items from the raw bar. The well stocked wine cellar offers an extensive selection of wines, all available by the glass and there is a full bar. It’s no surprise that this warm and inviting restaurant has become a neighborhood favorite since it opened in the summer of 2004. Patio dining is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monti's Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (36)special occasion (26)good for groups (16)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014We've been here many times and it is always an enjoyable experience. Great good, quality service, and a wine country atmosphere. We'll be back many more times, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Attentive wait staff & good food!foodies2Dined on 10/17/2014My birthday lunch was a hit at Monti's. Michelle was a super server; food was fresh, wine - a great rose suggestion. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Gotta love that pigthesupperDined on 10/16/2014Three of the four in our party ordered the suckling pig and, as usual, it did not disappoint. I would highly recommend this special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014We had a great time, our server was the best the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMzDazeeDined on 10/2/2014As this being one of our "go to spots", at least once a month, I was extremely disappointed in the over experience. Not on my go to list for the newt group gathering.Special Features:
- A NEIGHBORHOOD GEMFlashDined on 9/29/2014Always reliable and has a wonderful menu. When guests come out of town we go, when we don't want to cook that night, we go and we never seem to be disappointed. It has been our go-to place for years now. Go. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GemFlashDined on 9/22/2014Monti"s is always consistent in quality and service. The menu does not change very often, but they do have a daily special, but you can always count on Monti"s to be there when you want a very good meal. Cost is about $ 81.00 for a couple including one glass of wine, tax and tip. Go and enjoySpecial Features:
- Mauihaoles123VIPDined on 9/6/2014Monti's continues to have very good food and are glad to see a new menu. As good as the old one was, we had it nearly memorized, and that got boring. So, will continue going. Good even for dinner and it's in a small upscale shopping center.Special Features:
- DependableKtLassDined on 8/29/2014You can always count on Monti's for a solid meal. A menu that will satisfy the foodie and those picky eaters as well. The wait staff is beyond wonderful. Never have had a negative experience at Monti's which is why its good for a drop in every few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelhomegirlDined on 8/26/2014Despite making an early reservation our table was too close to the kitchen noise. To further raise the noise level a rather large group that included two infants an a toddler was seated at an adjacent table. At that point I asked to be moved to a different table and my request was honored. It tool a few minutes to get us completely settled at our new location. The food is superb and it is always a good meal at Monti's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!RAofSRVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great meal at this little local Stark restaurant. Our server Paul was fantastic, very friendly and hospitable, he kept smiles on our face and our wine glasses full! The mac n' cheese was uber creamy and the crunch from the bread crumbs brought it together nicely. Our entrees were excellent, my lamb burger was cooked perfectly and her scallops were so fresh and tender, so pleased with our selections. We will surely be back soon :)Special Features:
- Fun2BthereDined on 8/23/2014Was pleased to see how responsive staff was to special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I was slightly nervous to bring my mother and our friend here since he can be a bit picky, and the yelp reviews weren't stellar, yelp was WRONG! Krista O. was our server and was very attentive, friendly and had a great sense of humor, (as a server I appreciate this.) I felt no sort if irritation when I asked to put our bottle of wine on a separate ticket as this can sometimes be difficult depending on the restaurants set up. Both my mother and our friend had the hanger which they were pleased with and I gave Krista the option of halibut or salmon, she chose salmon for me and promptly was by my side explaining her choice after our food had arrived. I will return again and will be requesting Krista as our server!Special Features:
- Always Better at the BarDustin21Dined on 8/17/2014I love Monti's. A lot. LOL I go here often, sometimes I have binges where I hit this join up multiple times a week. However, when I got to the bar with my woman the service is the best. Extremely great service... at the bar. When I sit else where in the restaurant I receive low quality service. I am not sure what goes on with management where their is a disconnect in communication, but honestly its god awful every time I've sat at a table. The food is great, the drinks are great, the dessert is great. Bar service, incredible. Table service, dirt on the ground.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 08/14/14FriendsDined on 8/14/2014Made a OpenTable lunch reservation over a week in advance requesting nice table. Upon arriving there were really nice location tables with reserved signs but I was given a run of the mill table that had no reserved sign on it. Why make a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Tasty eats and good amicable service-nice environment and easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining for foodie @ heartMaitePlusXaqDined on 8/8/2014Monti's was a stellar find. It represents both classic Italian and contemporary American cuisine. We recommend the butcher's board for to begin with which will leave any meat lover pleased. Suprisingly the farro salad with the salmon main was not the obmination you normally expect when someone makes a farro salad, in fact, it was a stellar representation of the grain's capabilities. The raviollini was a pasta dish should be the sauce could easily stands alone and in fact did. Leave room for dessert: refreshing sorbet for the lactards and a truly unique lemon tart for the rest. Great food, great service, great find in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Locavore FooddparkinsonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sonoma County has such great availability to great produce and protein, it's great when a restaurant makes good use of what's available. We had a very nice dinner on the patio. The veal chop from the rotisserie was delicious with sort of tarragon gremolata on top and the incredibly decadent and yummy cheesy mushroom potatoes. But be careful to ask how large the serving is. We both ordered the same thing but it was so large we could have split it and been comfortably full. The chop, however, was tender and flavorful. I highly recommend a visit to Monti's when you're in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Monti'sWilliams700Dined on 8/8/2014We (3) had a wonderful lunch at Monti's last Friday. So good, great service from our wait person. We couldn't have asked for anything more. A very enjoyable afternoon with 2 friends. I had the grilled pulled lamb with humus sandwich. It came with a small green salad. ($14.00) I highly recommend it. We decide to eat inside, but they have a very nice outside area, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GF ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014The gluten free food here is great. Love the seperate me u and the GF brew and hamburger buns. The server replaced the ice cream in the peach sundae with coconut sorbet for my son and he loved it! They served the cookie on a seperate plate for his brotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFlashDined on 8/2/2014Neighborhood Gem that is Consistently Good. Menu never changes except for one chef special.Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We live in the neighborhood and go to Monti's at least once a month or more. Food is always good, I had the Lamb special from the rotisserie and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding small platesTapasLover3Dined on 7/25/2014The flat bread with hummus was the best I have ever eaten. The olives and feta just rally set it off. The Calamari also was spectacular. The lemon aoli was delicious and was surprised. Normally I make aoli with more garlic, but this was just as good as my own.Special Features:
- Great Spot in Santa RosaSpartycalDined on 7/25/2014Another great meal on Friday night at Monti's. Great, fast service, helpful staff, and great wine selections by the glass. And as always, each of our food selections was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very Good but Nothing NewFlashDined on 7/25/2014Monti's is always good, but they are sitting on their past and I am getting bored of the food. They need to breathe some new life in the kitchen. What they prepare is very good and consistent, but I have not seen anything new on this menu for a long, long time. They also own willie's wine bar and they should move the chefs around to bring something new to the menu. God only knows that they have the best ingredients in the world to choose from and the farmers markets are in Santa Rosa offer a cornucopia of great ingredients, but this kitchen is running on automatic and is using only some of them. Wake up kitchen, wake up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beKTdinesDined on 7/19/2014I used to come here and get consistently good food. My last few visits have been less than stellar. This time the salmon was not cooked properly. It was completely coated in chili powder (not a great flavor) and appeared to be grilled over a flame that was way too high, making it charred on the outside and rare on the inside. The chicken was a bit overcooked as well. The side veggie dish with sweet corn and squash was delicious and the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- The BESTMzDazeeDined on 7/12/2014We have found Monte's has the BEST calomari in town!!! Looking forward to trying the skillet shrimp next time... Looked delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac and cheese not authentic, saltyOntheFenceDined on 7/11/2014I've eaten at the sister restaurants, Willis Raw Seafood Bar in Healdsburg and Willis Wine Bar in Santa Rosa. Willis in Healdsburg seemed to decline in their quality over the years. I was anxious to see how Monti's sized up. I didn't go all out on the food. Ordered the mac and cheese, something I never eat but do like. And their baby greens salad with candied walnuts. The salad leaves weren't that fresh, the candied walnuts tasted as though they'd been made some time ago and the mac and cheese was very salty. They use white cheddar, I prefer the orange cheddar. The menu said bacon, it was ham that was very fatty. It was seasoned with nutmeg, overkill. It was my 1st time and I'd consider giving it another try. Outdoor seating was very nice.Special Features:
- The following 504 reviews are from the Monti's Rotisserie & Bar reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemEricVIPDined on 6/25/2014This neighborhood gem of a restaurant serves great food with excellent service. There is one consistent daily special for each day of the week; Wednesday is roast leg of lamb and is an excellent value as well as being delicious. Outdoor dining (with heaters) is generally quiet while indoors the scene tends to be livelier. Good wine list, but not extensive selection. It's a go-to place for us.Special Features:
- TimSherryDined on 6/22/2014This experience was a bit of a disappointment. My "Monti Cristo" was burned, but the kitchen still sent it out. My wife was disappointed with her biscuits and gravy. We both felt let down because, based on recommendations, we had expected something much better. Our server, however, was extremely nice, helpful, and prompt.
- Great Fun and FoodGFMargaretDined on 6/21/2014My friends and I reserved an outside table for lunch to watch the music event on the outdoor stage. The music was loud, but that was to be expected from a rock band. Even though the restaurant was extremely busy, the service was outstanding. There is a gluten-free menu if you ask for it. It is a full menu with numerous options. I had the spinach salad that was so flavorful and filling. The server did not rush us through the meal and we sat for two hours enjoying the music, food, and iced tea. I frequently go to Monti's for dinner because of the extensive gluten-free menu, and I was equally impressed with this lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable food and service!LindylouDined on 6/20/2014The needs of our party of six ranged all over the menu, and nothing disappointed! From the succulent raw oysters, to broiled veal chops and wood-fired pizza, to the decadent dessert-- we enjoyed all of the dishes! Our waitress was so well-acquainted with the menu, and her descriptions so detailed, we had a great time ordering and discovering the unique preparations the chef was able to create.Special Features:
- Perfectly prepared delicious foodJanknitzDined on 6/17/2014I had the coffee braised lamb dish and it was spectacular! The meat was fall off the bone tender, and the cheesey corn fritter was So good! Crispy and flavorful on the outside, oozing with sot cheese. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to par for amount paidHottyDined on 6/15/2014Wait service could have been much better. Waiter was not as attentive to requests as I would have liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The full MontiJoeCasualDined on 6/13/2014Internet reservations were honored flawlessly. Service was friendly, efficient and attentive. Lunch menu had something for everyone (3 generations). Appetizers were eclectic, from wings to flat bread with hummus, shrimp platter and calamari to roasted beets. Presentation was artistic, portions were generous and service was very attentive from bussers to servers. We'll be back….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good experienceDavidDined on 6/12/2014The food is usually done well, tasty. Service is good. A bit noisy for my taste but the food and service make up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monti's in Santa RosaSFBayAreaKnowsDined on 6/6/2014This hidden gem is not far from the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. The staff is very friendly and accomodating; the bartender made great cocktails, and our server was excellent. The menu has a great selection of meat, fish, poultry, and veg choices. We ordered Dungeness crabcakes for our appetizer--the best I've ever had! The beef shortrib rigatoni was rich and scrumptious. For me, it was enough for three meals! Reminiscing about the Monte Cristo sandwich at The Elegant Farmer (1960s-70s Jack London Square, Oakland), my friend ordered their Monti Cristo. Although it didn't measure up to The Elegant Farmer's sandwich, it was tasty nonetheless. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood dinner placeRobinDined on 5/30/2014We were having dinner with our don and his girlfriend. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the lamb burger which was outstanding! I highly recommend it. The butterscotch dessert was also wonderful. I gave 4 stars because even though the dinner and ambience were very nice our waitress was clearly just going through the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014Consistently good food in a comfortable environment. We have had better meals here than at restaurants like Michael Mina's, Cotogna and the late Cyrus.
- Fabulous Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2014We went for dinner and I was so impressed by the food. It was some of the best tasting, beautifully presented, hot, plentiful food I have had in a long time. We are frequent diners of all kinds of fine restaurants all over the bay area. Monti's in Santa Rosa was outstanding. Great cocktails too! Outstanding desserts, service could have been a little more energetic but the food and drink more than made up for it. I recommend it highly.Special Features: