3700 W Ramona Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.montereyhillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (323) 264-8426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Monterey Hill is proud to partner with SRC Event Group, one of southern California’s leading event production companies. SRC Event Group specializes in custom catering menus, detailed coordination and innovative design services for off-site corporate and social events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Contact one of our Event Specialists! 8777922707
- Special Events: Our beautiful banquet rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of San Gabriel Valley. Whether you are hosting a large event or a more intimate reception, we have the perfect space for you. Our talented events team will provide full-service, all-inclusive, one-stop planning to ensure that your event is designed, coordinated and executed with excellence and sophistication.
Please contact email@example.com to book your event. We look forward to sharing in your celebration!
A word from Monterey Hill
Monterey Hill Steakhouse is a beautiful manor style restaurant, where guests cross over our Koi and turtle ponds into our world of good cheer and hospitality. Each of our unique dining rooms offer an unobstructed view of the San Gabriel Valley, as we sit perched atop the San Bernardino Freeway, just minutes from Downtown Los Angeles. Our staff welcomes you to a world of great food, impeccable service, romantic views and warm hospitality.Continued
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation.
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monterey Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (1)Show More
- Restaurant was like an iceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012Restaurant was like an ice box. Took 10 minutes for server to arrive after we were seated. Food was just OK.Special Features:
- We felt that the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012We felt that the service was very very slow. Once we placed our order it took over 20-25 minutes before we got served our lunch. We had to get back to work and we were at the restaurant for over two hours!Special Features:
- i took my mom for her birthday,toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012i took my mom for her birthday,to the steak house. The server did not look at us in the eyes. she just mentioned her name,& asked what we want to drink. We gave her are order. Someone else brought us our drinks after a long wait. furthermore the food was ok i ordered the prime rib. it was not salted enough for me. my mom had the salmon. she said it taste good but the portion was small. anyway not the best birthday,but we where there two years ago had a great time then. like the view.Special Features:
- Nice surprise! We hadn't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012Nice surprise! We hadn't been there in awhile and weren't sure what changes may have occured. Before it seemed kind of boring even though the views are spectacular. But, in this area there aren't very many sort of "classy" places and we needed to take a visiting friend to lunch. The view is still great and we were pleasantly surprised with a more interesting menu and very attentive service, (but not over done). We're glad for a new option for entertaining close to home and we'll definately will be going back to try it for dinner.Special Features:
- Go for View, Service & DrinksM5wifeVIPDined on 6/23/2012I used to like this restaurant a lot, but haven't been in a while (a couple years?) because the food wasn't as good as it used to be. There are not a lot of locations w/ outdoor dining in the area & we wanted to enjoy the summer light & thought if we couldn't eat outdoors, having a view of the sun going down would be the next best thing. The service was great, but food, not so much. There were 3 of us (including 12 year old son) and the bill came out to over $100 for 3 entrees, a soda & 2 cocktails. Which would be okay if the food had been better. My husband had a steak & had to eat around all the gristle. I had fish, that was slightly dry. It wasn't horrible, but quality you would expect if you went to Coco's and paid half what we did.Special Features:
- Service was fair, once mainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2012Service was fair, once main course was served, did not routinely check on us. Never asked if we wanted dessert.
- Great ambiance, food was decentRobertDined on 5/26/2012Great ambiance, food was decent but don't expect to get wowed by the food. The service was good and very attentive. Would recommend to go back for a good steak, but don't expect an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Empty Room with a ViewbobmelrosefoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2012Dining Room was quite empty. But service was good and prime and lamb were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Nice spot, but not easy toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2012Nice spot, but not easy to find. The restaurant seems to have two names.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2012I wish that they would be open for dinner and brunches again..... I miss that. I cannot get out there during the day....Special Features:
- Priced right with large portionsNoneBetterDined on 3/24/2012I had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer. The shrimp were fine but the sauce was hot with fire rather than cold, like most that come with this dish. It was good but thee flavor was incredible after I chilled it with ice and tried it on my shrimp. The French Onion soup was excellent. For my main course, I had the filet oscar. Prepared perfectly (med. rare) but the sauces took away from the meat's flavor a little. Large portion with good flavor, I will return.Special Features:
- Good variety of starters andDragon401Dined on 3/15/2012Good variety of starters and entrees. Food is well done and flavorful. Great constantly moving and interesting scene from window tables of activity on complex freeway interchange. Setting sunshine was a concern in the change from afternoon to evening but handled well with blinds and alert staff that adjust them as needed without prompting to enhance window viewing. Refilling of beverages was done often.Special Features:
- DON'T DO IT !!!!TaxmanDined on 3/9/2012The place was DEAD!!! The bar was CLOSED!!! The place was truely a ghost town. Only two other tables had guess. With a very small wine list. They were still out of the three selections and kept trying to push the Cakebread wine.Special Features:
- The place look romantic butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The place look romantic but it would be better if the lights are not that bright. The food is great and the services was fast and polite.Special Features:
- First time at Monterey HillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012First time at Monterey Hill and it was a very bad experience, but only due to one or two factors. The ambiance is very nice and the server was extremely kind. The factors that made my night horrible were the wait time for food and poor communication. I waited over an hour for my food and waiter over 30 minutes for someone to take my order. I wanted to be nice and just let them come to me instead of me calling them, but it was extremely irritating seeing that we were one of the only tables in the room not checked on when first seated. Also, a lady cleaned up my table that had a almost-full beer and appetizers because she failed to confirm with the waitress that we had left, and we had not left.Special Features:
- Don't come hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Under staffed. I like to eat. This place microwaves for sure. NOthing was fresh The salad was made with dressing on 2 hours earlier, lobster bisque was cold and came from can and the main dish took 30 to arrive and that was cold as well. Don't come here.
- Always .... a Quality Pick!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012I always love the quality and personable treatment at Monterey Hill..... don't save this place for a holiday - it makes a mid-week dinner a celebration. Try to get Drea to be your server......Special Features:
- Need new chefs!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Filet Mignon was very dry and horrible tasting. We can't even swallow it after second bite.Rizzoto and mac cheese had no flavor and salty. Walnut salad was delicious. Good touch with the the champagne. The creme brule dessert was flavorful. I saw the couple next to us send back their steaks.Special Features:
- Monterey Hill---Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012My experience was okay. It was Valentine's Day, so I understand it was going to be busy, but I think they were understaffed. It took us 2.5 hours to have dinner, which I thought was a long time considering there was a pre-set menu. You would think they would have everything ready. I know they have to make your steak to order, but dessert took 20 minutes to come from the time we ordered it. And asking for the check was a nightmare. Plus I think the busboy was the one waiting on us (here's where the understaffed part comes in) and he got my husbands's salad and dessert order wrong! All in all, it was an okay experience. Maybe it would have been better had we gone there on a regular day instead of a holiday. We may try it again, we may not....Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentine's dinner. Quite frankly, for the price we paid, the food was not great at all. The only thing we enjoyed was the salad and the beef everything else wasn't worth the price. The risotto was not good, the mushrooms were so so. The bread was hard. Too expensive. The server was great, rest of staff were indeed friendly.We expected much better for the price being charged. Would we recommend to friends - don't think so - especially for Valentine's.Special Features:
- Great quiet restaurant. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2012Great quiet restaurant. Would recommend this restaurant if having a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012The food and service was great but the menu and price was a downer. I purposefully picked this restaurant to celebrate valentines early because it was regular menu at regular price. I arrive there at my reservation time to find out that it's $55 a person and a pre-made menu with only like 3 items to pick from for each course. I should have been informed of this before I arrived and instead I was told that it was a last minute thing when I got there. A bit embarrassing when your date is now expected to pay that much on the spot.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2012The food was excellent, the service was not. Don't get me wrong, they were very nice people just untrained. My reservation specifically requested a quiet window table, and we were first seated at a table without a window. The waitress seemed unfamiliar with the drink/food menu, and they were sold out of an item we wanted. I've gone there for lunch many times, and will continue to do so; but I won't go back for dinner.
- this restaurant considersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2012this restaurant considers party of 5 is a group party, therefore they charged 18% auto in your bill :((Special Features:
- The steaks were very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012The steaks were very good. The Filet Mignon practically melted in your mouth and the au jus for the prime rib was perfect. The beer cheese soup was tasty and worked well with the sourdough bread. The shrimp scampi was very good. The french onion soup was a bit salty for my taste. Our server was very friendly and accommodating. She checked back often. We went to early dinner (5:30) and the restaurant was very quiet for a Saturday night. $115 + tip for 3 of us. We will return. I was also happy the restaurant used our reservations thru open table.Special Features:
- Fantastic view of the freewayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2011Fantastic view of the freeway and surroundings. Food was ok, service was great.Special Features:
- This is our place. We cameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011This is our place. We came here when we were dating and now we sometimes come on our date night. The food never disappoints.Special Features:
- A good holiday buffet withLessyd3Dined on 12/21/2011A good holiday buffet with choices for everyone. Large parties dominated this lunchtime so noise was high but service was still attentive and the buffet line moved quickly. A local gem for sure.Special Features:
- Overall a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Overall a good experience. Perfect for large and private groups.Special Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2011This was a great place to take the work group to lunch which included the Holiday Buffet.Special Features:
- Pleasant, frinedly folks whoRockyDined on 12/14/2011Pleasant, frinedly folks who had to add a table at the last minute to accommodate more guests than I had anticipated.Special Features:
- I celebrated my 4th year anniversarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2011I celebrated my 4th year anniversary here. Service and food were great. Ambience was satisfactory. Overall, I was please to dine here and I would recommand this place to others especially you are attending an event in Calstate LA because this restaurant is locates right across from the campus. Only thing I expected more was the desert I requested could've been better...Special Features:
- The feel of the place relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011The feel of the place relaxed good view quiet. Great food and drinks. I just felt service was very slow. We orders 3 choices from the menu(party of twelve.Special Features:
- Prime Rib was excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2011Prime Rib was excellent. Service outstanding. Great view.Special Features:
- Thankfull, not a huge menu.CarolGDined on 12/2/2011Thankfull, not a huge menu. The steaks we enjoyed were cooked to perfection! Garlic mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent location and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011Excellent location and view - but food portions seemed to be a smaller than expected.Special Features:
- We were a party of 5 havingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2011We were a party of 5 having dinner with some business people from Taiwan. It was Saturday night, and the restaurant was quiet. This gave us a good opportunity to talk while we ate. We discovered that one person did not eat beef or shrimp; luckily the menu had fish. They served us a wrong appetizer, but as soon as we mentioned it, they seemed happy to take it away and returned later with the correct one. We ordered the coconut shrimp and the calamari. Both were good. The bread was nice and warm, and the french onion soup was surprisingly not too salty. The salmon that I ordered was cooked just one minute too long for my liking, but the citrusy sauce was very nice. We were all too full to even consider dessert!Special Features:
- we love the prime rib. weOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2011we love the prime rib. we plan to go back over and over again for that.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011This is the second time we chose Monterey Hill. It had the perfect ambiance for a romantic evening for my husband and me. The food and service at Monterey Hill was fantastic this time too. The hostess and waitress were friendly, patient, and helpful. The entire family enjoyed the food and my seven-year old daughter enjoyed her complimentary ice cream parfait with grandma.Special Features:
- OUT OF PRIME RIB?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2011I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. We had both wanted to order the prime rib but the waitress had to check to see if a large party that had gotten seated before us, took ALL the prime rib... which they did. We had to settle for the sizzling sirloin and new york steak, which came with butter and pesto for the bread. There was an option to add salad or soup for an additional price but we opted for neither. After the loud/large party seated next to us left, it quieted down and was much more romantic. The food was good and the ambiance fit the occasion. I would definitely return but I would call to make sure they will have enough prime rib.Special Features: