Montecito Wine Bistro
516 San Ysidro Road
Montecito, CA 93108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Montecito Wine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pierrelafond.com/
- Phone: 8059697520
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Heil
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Montecito Wine Bistro offers serveral areas to host your event from private dinners, wedding receptions, anniversaries, birthdays and holiday celebrations, as well as corporate luncheons and dinners. Our staff will assist you every step of the way through the planning process providing advice and options to create a memorable event. Personalized menus, vegetarian requests are welcome. Our extensive wine list features the wines of Santa Barbara Winery, Lafond Winery, as well as wines from around the world. Full Bar. We offer indoor and outdoor seating, including two cozy fireplaces. We offer warm attentive service. A credit card hold is required for groups of ten or more.
- Private Party Contact: Don Hull 8059697520
- Special Events: Private rooms available.
A word from Montecito Wine Bistro
With its casual setting the Montecito Wine Bistro offers a relaxed, yet elegant atmosphere. A neighborhood favorite the restaurant features 2 cozy fireplaces as well as outdoor patio seating. Friendly attentive service. Serving California Bistro cuisine the seasonal menu offers dishes prepared with the freshest ingredients. The menu is split between appetizers, salads and entrees, including vegetarian dishes and fresh fish.Wood-burning oven. Share one of the flatbreads Sausage Piperade or Rosted Potato & Marinated Anchovy. Entree high-lights include Grilled Duck Breast & Confit Duck, Seared Scallops w Lobster Sauce and Dry Aged New York Steak Frites. Desserts are a must - Salted Caramel Bittersweet Tart. The wine list offers selections from SB Winery & Lafond Winery and around the world. Wines by the glass/create your own wine flight. An intimate bar serves classic & speciality cocktails. Menu available in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Montecito Wine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Wonderful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I wanted a nice, quiet evening out and close to home. We definitely made the right decision by coming here. The ambiance is very nice, the food delicious, and our server, Dori, was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Great mealRidgeladyDined on 9/4/2014I eat here often-it is close to home. This night I brought two guests that were visiting from New York. Two of us had wonderful seafood dishes and one of us had a pasta selection . We were able to take our time and catch up since we hadn't see each other for awhile. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great evening!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Love this place every time I go! Friendly, knowledgable employees, great food and wine, beautiful setting, couldn't ask for more!! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinner as usualEverhuntDined on 8/17/2014Continues to serve great cocktails and dinners. The special fettucine proscuito was delicious. Sat on the creekside outside, very comfortable.Special Features:
- Perfectly nice, but not excitingAnneVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had spent a lot of time picking a restaurant in Montecito for dinner and this one sounded great on paper. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, but there was nothing particularly exciting about it either. Nice ravioli, nice spaghetti and meat balls, nice carpaccio, and nice service. There were very few patrons there that night and it was so quiet that we felt alone in the restaurant. Nice location. It may have just been a slow night.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014I loved eating here for my birthday brunch. So great and so yummy!Special Features:
- KarenkaykarenkayDined on 5/24/2014We were staying nearby and were able to get a last minute reservation. The food was excellent, we had salmon sandwiches, and the service was great.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Montecito Wine Bistro reviews archive.
- Very Good ExperiencePiacereVIPDined on 5/23/2014Another good experience. Friendly wait staff, good food. Tried the garden burger and mac & cheese - not ideal but the fish, pizza and salads are good. My vegan friends like it here.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance!!Batman79Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I ate here for Mother's Day and were very pleased with the experience. We are vegetarian and they had many options to choose from which was wonderful!! We definitely plan to be back with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan options availablevegan4usDined on 5/11/2014As a vegan for 17 years, eating out is always a challenge. It was delightful to see vegan options available on the menu. The variety of kale salads was amazing. The atmosphere is very relaxed and quiet...a perfect way to enjoy lunch. On my next visit, I'll be bringing my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodPiacereVIPDined on 4/30/2014Thanks for another good meal and for being accommodating to dietary requests!Special Features:
- Yummy lemon pastaLizsteramaDined on 4/29/2014Get the lemon pasta! Delicious...I had eaten at Lafond's other restaurant in Santa Barbara on State Street and had a great meal in the past so I was not disappointed in the Montecito place.Special Features:
- Quiet patio lunch with a friendMcSnatesDined on 4/23/2014This is such a nice spot in the "Upper Village" of Montecito. You can eat on the front patio (umbrellas and fountains) inside rustic and cool, or out back by the dry creek bed with lovely plantings. Food is good. I had great grilled salmon on a beet and pear salad, my friend had a lovely thin crust pizza. Comfy and well served, a nice 2-hr lunch topped off by espressos.Special Features:
- Always enjoy ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/22/2014I love this restaurant. We frequent it a few times a month. Sometimes we go to the bar for a drink and appetizers and other times ordering from the menu in the dining room. Never are we disappointed. They have plenty of vegetarian options which is a plus. Their menu has a variety so that all can find something.Special Features:
- Very nice option in a quiet cornerArtfulDined on 3/23/2014We had a very nice Sunday lunch at the Montecito Wine Bistro. Interesting menu with many foodie options, great salads and the Korean BB! ribs had an interesting sauce. Good wine list at reasonable prices. Would recommend it to friends. The service was prompt and everything was right.Special Features:
- We'll be going back!EverhuntDined on 3/22/2014Service is attentive and excellent. The Seabass fixed both ways was delicious. Nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetobiDined on 3/21/2014Glad to discover this wonderful restaurant. The food was amazing, service excellent and the fire place added to the romantic feel.Special Features:
- Excellence in dining!EverhuntDined on 3/8/2014Excellent dinner at moderate prices. Good wine list. Sit by the fireplace it's warm and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We already went backStarcloudDined on 2/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at the Wine Bistro and already went back for another dinner, because we had such a good time! The table on the patio was a little drafty, but the ambience was great and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgeliDined on 2/2/2014This place is top-notch, and never disappoints. It maintains a fine balance of good food with healthy choices and variety, complementing wines and elegant ambience. Not cheap, but always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AgainPiacereVIPDined on 2/2/2014The salads are very good. I tend to order the sea bass...sometimes it's great and sometimes it doesn't seem so fresh. Be sure to ask. I like that the fish is wild and that the staff are health conscious folks. Would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since I am Vegan, I was ableLoveyDined on 1/25/2014Since I am Vegan, I was able to find delicious items on the menu to pick from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on a weekend away...foodyforfivedecadesVIPDined on 1/18/2014The food was exceptionally fresh and well- prepared, creative dishes like a mushroom typed meatloaf (unlike any meatloaf I have ever tasted before, and our pizza topped with winter squash were offered made from very simple seasonal ingredients-- Delicious!Lovely local wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific onion soup!lunchproVIPDined on 11/29/2013We all enjoyed our meals but those who ordered the onion soup were the most pleased!!! The table we were originally seated at was right beside the kitchen and was terribly noisy. Once we were moved to another table, the experience was much better.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving MealbigeaterVIPDined on 11/28/2013Our Thanksgiving dinner for eight was close to perfect. There was so much to choose from on the special menu and everything was cooked to perfection. Also, the price was half what two hotels were offering. We were pleased beyond expectation with the entire experience. Thank you for a wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down the middle birthdayBirthdayboy24VIPDined on 11/16/2013I celebrated my birthday here and it was...fine. The food was between fair and good, and our waiter was nice and knowledgable. The dinner just wasn't "special" there. They didn't offer a birthday dessert or take an appetizer off the bill. Fine lunch place, wouldn't celebrate a special occasion here.Special Features:
- Our girlfriends Birthday lunchelaineDined on 11/16/2013We toasted the celebration with good wine sitting next to the fireplace in a rustic setting and enjoyed fine food, especially the lemon ravioli. They have a fabulous outdoor area and a couple of doors down a unique market. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone as their menu is so diverse and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little spot in Mendocino.NN2013VIPDined on 11/10/2013Lovely little spot in Mendocino. Different menu from their State Street restaurant, which was a surprise, but equally satisfying. We sat by the fire, due to a slight chill in the air, and the scene was very cozy. Food was great; service was even better. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Bistro / ReviewPiacereVIPDined on 11/2/2013I've enjoyed both lunch and dinner here...the food is fresh and well-prepared most of the time and the staff is friendly and accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and reasonableLocaldinerDined on 10/25/2013Great food and reasonable prices in a lovely settingSpecial Features:
- Always Great!TRANCEPORTERVIPDined on 9/24/2013Such a great satisfying experience every time! a favorite! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013Our waiter was informative and friendly, fantastic food...lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!TRANCEPORTERVIPDined on 9/18/2013Such a great experience in this restaurant I've been back Three times this week. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant!TRANCEPORTERVIPDined on 9/11/2013Food is always good! Excellent service, and great recommendations with the wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicePiacereVIPDined on 9/6/2013Tasty meal and attentive service with nice ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service!TRANCEPORTERVIPDined on 9/5/2013A place to visit often! They are very constant with their quality of food. Great wine list,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant in Santa BarbaraZorro47VIPDined on 9/2/2013Nice place, nice service, nice ambiance. The fish dish had good flavor but it was overdone.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner ReviewDiner1Dined on 8/25/2013We had a special anniversary dinner here at Montecito Wine Bistro. The service and ambiance was excellent. Wine choices very good, and desserts are to die for. Dinner was good, but not on par with top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!PJT1Dined on 8/24/2013Delicious and interesting food from the appetizers to dessert. Wine flights were generous and a nice variety to choose from. Service was outstanding! If I'm back in 'cito, I'll go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant in Montecitopeaceandlove16Dined on 8/2/2013Greatest restaurant in this lovely town. What really makes it is the terrific people who work there.Special Features: