1295 Coast Village Rd
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montecitocafe.com/
- Phone: 8059693392x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-10:00pm
Bar Hours : Daily from 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Bar is Open until 11:00pm on Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Mark Huston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We will be serving a 3 Course Dinner For New Year's Eve. Please call us for reservations at 805-969-3392
A word from Montecito Cafe
The Montecito Café is a family run restaurant and was established in 1986 by husband and wife team Mark and Margaret Huston. The food is simple and delicious. The Montecito Cafe has been awarded "Best Restaurant in Montecito" for the last 15 years in a row. We make all of our own soups, sauces, stocks, dressings, hamburger buns and desserts daily from scratch on the premises. We use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients and specialize in fresh fish, salads, pasta, grilled meats, burgers and sandwiches. Our desserts are excellent and we are famous for our coconut cake. We strive to provided quality service and value to our customers every day. We are located in the beautiful Montecito Inn Hotel built by Charlie Chaplin and free valet parking is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Montecito Cafe - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Montecito Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (20)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (17)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Speechless!MJXXVIPDined on 9/16/2014We are locals and have enjoyed the cafe in the past...we rembered how lovely everything was so we jumped back in. Started with a martini.. It came half full and we were told it was "3 oz! And that's that! " (Next door at luckys for the same price it pours over the glass with the shaker left for extra! Then we ordered the trout salad (which was discribed amazing!) when it arrived at the table the odor of the fish was so gross and we couldn't send it back fast enough. I was planing on having salmon as my entree but after that, chose the "New York" steak. It had no flavor and I don't think it was a NY! We Never complain and honestly the staff didn't seem to care so we won't be going back unless we are invited. Sad very sad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The new reservation process worked very well. We were seated at the time we requested. The food of good, not great. We have eaten here many times in the past. It is very convenient to our home and a nice, casual place to bring visitors (which was the case this time). We waited an extremely long time for our dinner to arrive after one member had received his soup. The staff seemed a little hassled. Being with family made it ok because we had plenty to talk about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJustAlDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at Jane, their sister restaurant, and loved it. The Montecito Inn is better. Same great food and a quieter more romantic restaurant. You musst have the goat cheese pancakes... off the charts.Special Features:
- Very good fresh food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014I've been going to this restaurant for 25 years with my family. It's as good now as the day it opened. Great consistent fresh food and good service. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good All Around SpotAndreaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Adjacent to the Montecito Inn where we stayed, it was great to find a good restaurant at the hotel. We were a group of 3 and all chose different menu items. There is a good variety of options on the menu and we all enjoyed our meal. Especially good --- penne pasta with seafood. Delicious fresh bread too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tradiition of good dinningMLopezDined on 8/28/2014Montecito Cafe has been a choice destination for us for the past 19 years. Quality, price, and service are excellent.Special Features:
- Reliably delicious!robinVIPDined on 8/20/2014Always one of our favorites. Food is consistently delicious, with a varied menu, something for everyone. The staff is always pleasant, and easy parking. Enjoy! Be sure and have dessert.Special Features:
- Always A Great StopfoodluvrDined on 8/18/2014We always find a way to stop here for lunch or dinner on our way up and down the Central Coast. Good food and good location. Been doing so for 20 years.
- Always a pleasureSallyCDined on 8/18/2014We hadn't been to the Montecito Cafe for dinner for quite awhile but took some friends who had never been before and we all had a lovely meal and the service was great. Year after year the Montecito Cafe is an excellent choice. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in MontecitoDelMarDinerDined on 8/13/2014There are many other fancier and more expensive places, but this nice cafe in the historic Montecito Inn (once owned by Charlie Chaplin) is a real find. Prices are reasonable and the food is good.Special Features:
- Outstanding as UsualSpikermikeVIPDined on 8/13/2014I've been here several times in the past and am never disappointed. All the selections are great. Will definitely come back when in the Santa Barbara area.Special Features:
- Consistently superbMLopezDined on 8/12/2014We have enjoyed Montecito Cafe for the last 19 years never to be disappointed. Consistently superb. MarceloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the thing...mavenDined on 8/11/2014We were looking for a good meal on a Monday evening and Montecito Cafe more than met our expectations. Dinner was great, the wine choices were excellent, and the ambience was "just right" -- Goldilocks-like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Awesome experience, wonderful food, great service, spectacular setting, nothing better for an upscale, yet casual dining event. Food was superb, service was lovely. All in all a most exquisite place for dinner and conversation.Special Features:
- ConsistentFlossie17Dined on 7/30/2014I go here regularly and am never disappointed! The food is always good and the desserts are incredible! Also the entry way is beautiful and always a pleaser!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinnyDined on 7/26/2014Everything was wonderful....coconut cream cake was just so-so, but the rest was very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent food. Excellent atmosphere. Convenient location. Close to shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely birthday dinnerdoctorVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had not dined at Montecito Cafe for a couple of years and were pleasantly surprise at the menu which has much more variety in food and price than the previous menus. The server was professional and very helpful and friendly. We sat near the window in the ante room of the main restaurant near the pretty fountain and fun people watching toward the sidewalk outside. Our meal was delicious from the celebratory glass of champagne through dessert. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- One of the best in townDarmokDined on 7/11/2014We have been dining at this restaurant for years. It is a favorite of locals. The food and service are consistently great. (Although the veal scallopini was very lemony for my taste this time). We usually go early because it can be quite noisy when it is full.Special Features:
- JIDCODined on 7/2/2014We eat here often and find the service, food, and ambience reliably congenial.
- MC on our short list!2retiredSBDined on 7/1/2014The latest lunch visit was for cousins, who came to SB for a short midday visit, some of them for the first time. One place had to represent the best upscale casual food and ambience of SB and the venue for fun bonding and re-connecting. MC delivered, just as it frequently does for my wife and I and our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteQuebarbaraDined on 6/28/2014Great food, diverse menu, relaxing atmosphere, easy valet parking - what's not to like? I have a friend who visits regularly from LA and this is our go-to spot. Montecito Cafe never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!felixfeefsDined on 6/14/2014They seated us 30 minutes past our reservation only because the people before us wouldn't leave. As an apology, they waived our cork fee for the champagne we brought ourselves. The service was great and the food was great quality new american!Special Features:
- An Old FavoriteColinFraserDined on 6/11/2014I've been eating here since I was a kid. It's still probably the best ratio of food quality to reasonable price in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool!irish1101VIPDined on 6/7/2014Everything about our dining experience was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular placeKevinVIPDined on 5/30/2014My first time at the Montecito, enjoyed the atmosphere & food, also had great service. Had the El Macho burger which was one of the specials of the day....Delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!BrandiDined on 5/26/2014We were staying at the Four Seasons for a conference and found the Montecito Cafe. The absolute best chicken picatta I've had in my entire life. Seriously, this is a romantic little neighborhood gem you do not want to miss! We will be back!Special Features:
- Good Place For LocalsDishyVIPDined on 5/25/2014If you'd like a good large bowl of pasta, this is the place. But if you're looking for a more upbeat, more hip Montecito dining experience, you'll do better elsewhere. The waitress was friendly and helpful, the ambiance bland but okay, the room not noisy. Maybe if I was a local this restaurant would be okay now and then. But for an out of town visitor, it was pretty dull.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Montecito Cafe reviews archive.
- CharmingCandiKDined on 5/24/2014Took the Inlaws for brunch and it was delightful ! The coconut cake was perfect for a light sweet desert.....Special Features:
- Wonderful place for a mealMnmustangDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner here during a recent trip to the area. A few days before, had a great meal at what turned out to be its sister restaurant. Even though the menu was basically same as the other restaurant in Santa Barbara, all three of us ordered something different off the menu with no drop in the experience at all. Special kudos for excellent service. Professional without being stuffy or snobbish. The notes from my reservation request were obviously reviewed. We were offered a specific table that was going to make it easier for my Dad to hear and for us to be able to converse during the meal. Thank you and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost excellentSBLauraDined on 5/11/2014Made reservations for dinner on Mother's Day and were very excited about the special duck with blueberry, ginger and port reduction sauce, but they had run out at lunch! We asked for the same sauce on filet and lamb chops and were a little disappointed - especially with the lamb. The bread here is always a little disappointing, but the vegetables, salads, soups, etc. are usually perfectly prepared and presented. The hostess was attentive and our server was pleasant but a little scattered.
- An old friendHusky59Dined on 5/10/2014We have been coming here for years and love the place. Formal enough for those who want it that way and casual enough that a jacket is unnecessary. Food is always first rate and a nice mix of styles. Having valet parking there is a real winner as a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot: great food!SusanSDined on 5/10/2014This was a lovely place for lunch, part of the historic Montecito Inn, right in downtown Montecito. The service was stellar: our waiter was friendly, willing to make recommendations and spot on with service. Our table had the yummy eggs benedict, a turkey sandwich with incredible fries and a baked egg panini. The eggs were perfect, and the accompanying provence potatoes, skinny fries and lovely fresh strawberries and blueberries were fresh and delectable. Don't forget desert: the coconut cake was beyond good. One complaint: the egg panini came on a squished up hamburger bun - did they run out of bread? If so, it would have been a good thing to inform us. Our party agreed we go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is great. The on-line reservation process was bad in that our reservation never made it to the restaurant staff. When we arrived they had no information about us, but made immediate changes to fit us in. I'll call them directly next time and skip your services.Special Features:
- Great experience!Foodie4lifeDined on 5/3/2014Meal was delicious, but the coconut cake was HEAVENLY!Special Features:
- Always dependably good1localreviewerDined on 5/3/2014My friends and I always say that we never had a bad meal at The Montecito Cafe. It is always good and we find ourselves going there more and more often.Special Features:
- 4starloverVIPDined on 5/1/2014Our go to place when we want a simple, well prepared meal. The service is always friendly & professional, the reservation always honored on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeBillTVIPDined on 4/25/2014Fine food, service and location make this one of our favorite places. Montecito Cafe is a great place for dinner for two or to meet friends or family. Try the Coconut Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFlossie17Dined on 4/25/2014I have been going to the Montecito for over 20 years. It is always excellent. It is also so impressive when one just walks through the foyer to the restaurant. It is a dining place to impress someone very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014The food is always excellent and the wait staff accommodating. One of my favorite places to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.