Montebello Ristorante Italiano
120 E. 56th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Montebello Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.montebellonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 753-1447
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Montebello Ristorante Italiano
Located in the heart of Midtown East, Montebello serve a classic Northern Italian cuisine with a special flair for a business lunch or a romantic dinner. Emphasis is placed on simple, fresh ingredients and proven cooking methods. The service is warm and attentive, the decor is artistic and moving and the award winning food is sublime. In addition to our ala carte menu, Montebello offers a prix fixe lunch for $25 per person and $35 for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Montebello Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)romantic (11)special occasion (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Really enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was recommended by the concierge and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the wine was phenomenal and the service was attentive but not intrusive. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Not very goodGolfinggalVIPDined on 10/24/2014Tried this restaurant only because the reviews were positive. Our first sign should have been is that it wasn't crowded on a Friday night. Ordered the special branzino- arrived to the table lukewarm with a side of canned green beans- also the same temperature. Our whole party was very disappointed with the experience. With so many Italian options in the city... I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Very much enjoyed the experienceCindyfromFloridaDined on 10/23/2014We were hosting a 7 person dinner. We wanted somewhere close to our hotel and not a trendy overpriced restaurant. This is a NYC gem. The food is very good, the service is great and it is not pretentious- just a solid NYC restaurant. Good wine list. Quiet enough to talk with pleasant furnishings and clean rest rooms and walking distance to Lexington Avenue hotels like the Waldorf, W and Doubletree.Special Features:
- Excellent Mid Town ItalianPmagVIPDined on 10/7/2014Service was excellent and very attentive. Home cooked Pasta was outstanding and fish was cooked perfectly. chocolate cake was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-FixeAZINNYVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is never a disappointment. The pre-fixe menu is available all year and is a great deal with a great variety. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is calm, quiet and relaxing. I don't know why more business lunches don't happen here. The food is consistent and always great. Although I have to admit I always order the same thing, Pollo Montebello.Special Features:
- Expensive surpriseshishiVIPDined on 9/10/2014Went with 2 friends. One ordered the fish special and 2 of us had salads with chicken from the menu. When the check arrived, we found that the special was $50. The price should have been mentioned, particularly since this was a luncheon special. Chicken was not very good tho salads were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem with ole noise levelAnavVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good Place to conduct meeting with low noise level. Food is excellentSpecial Features:
- dissapointinguseless123Dined on 8/20/2014The mussels were small, the broth flavorless. Both veal dishes were obviously reheated and unremarkable. Service was inept, there were waiters sort of hanging around without being helpful. Tables are too close together. Although On the reservation I indicated "special occasion", no notice was taken. Will not return nor recommend.
- MarcVIPDined on 8/19/2014Very good Italian. Service is warm. One of the best Italian in this area of NU. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 8/12/2014Food and Service were top notch. Excellent and reasonable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentSuzieQDined on 8/8/2014good food, ample portions, good service, intimate setting. went for restaurant week; had more extensive choices than other restaurants participating. veal was tender, accompanying sauce a little to heavy for my taste. same with the chicken. caesar salad delicious. desserts a little tired, but not bad. don't get coffee or expresso without your wallet handy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSouthernGalDined on 8/7/2014This was my first trip to NYC and I had booked Montebello's because it was close to my hotel. They were able to change the time of my reservation to an earlier time and when I arrived they were very welcoming. I ordered off the restaurant week menu and the food was Fabulous!!! The wait staff were very attentive and even took a picture for me. I look forward to my next trip to NYC and making Montebello's a part of it.Special Features:
- terrible deal resturant weekjmacriDined on 8/7/2014I went in for the resturant week lunch deal arrived at 235pm and was told that the lunch ended at 230 and could not get the pri fixe lunch but had to order the pre fixe dinner instead. This to me is not good customer service and waiter just played on phone while I waited for service. I asked for garlic and was told that they didnt have any. What kind of resturant does not have garlic? especially if italian. I was disappointed with the dish which lacked flavor and for the price def was not worth it.Special Features:
- Great ItalianBestMealEverVIPDined on 8/6/2014The eggplant and shells were the perfect combination and were cooked to perfection. I haven't had food like that in a very long time and will definitely be recommending this to my friends.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent. Authentic Italian food. The eggplant appetizer just melted in your mouth and the Veal was incredibly tender. Everyone at our table enjoyed the evening and of course the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number618VIPDined on 7/30/2014Perhaps the restaurant week menu is not typical. But the food on that menu was mediocre. And at the regular prices -- which are quite high -- you can easily find much better Italian food.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Montebello Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Great food & atmosphereNYCinjulyDined on 7/29/2014We thought the food was delicious & the staff was very friendly & accommodating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in MidtownPhiWDined on 7/25/2014This outstanding restaurant has been a favorite of ours since 1991. How many restaurants can stand up to that type of scrutiny.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Its a little outdated in the restuarant but clean! The food was good but the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and tastybillybooksVIPDined on 7/23/2014Montebello has excellent food and isn't terribly noisy even when it fills up. Had eggplant parmigiana appetizer and scallopini for main course. The portions were big. Service was fast, attentive, friendly, and outstanding. Based on reactions of my dining companions, I would say stick to the classic Italian fare and you can't go wrong. They aren't too stingy with the wine, either. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemRakrakVIPDined on 7/23/2014This remains one of the sweet spots for Italian in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEENJVIPDined on 6/21/2014Very good, traditional Italian food served in a calm, civilized setting with very good service. Quiet enough for a conversation. Prices are a bit high, but the price fixed menu is a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing special for the pricecjr2VIPDined on 6/4/2014a nice old fashioned italian mid town restaurant, but not deserving of high prices unless they have to pay astonomical rent which is probalby why a lunch arugula salad cost $28!
- A perfect wedding night supper!SarahandMinaDined on 5/30/2014We dined with 22 family members on the evening of our wedding, and the restaurant was kind enough to put us in a private dining room. The prix fixe menu offered delicious options, and we received multiple compliments on our choice of restaurant. All of our wedding planning was done from another state based on online reviews, and we are so pleased that we found Montebello!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was very good, the only downfall to the ambiance was that we were seated by the bar and the tv was on...the noise of the tv overpowered the beautiful music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitor234Dined on 5/17/2014Attractive, relaxing atmosphere and decor, wonderful service, delicious food, and a nice surprise -- was able to see a celebrity! Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014A warm and quiet setting, perfect to gather with beloved friends and family. The food is delicious, the service attentive, and the location is extremely well-situated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeMissTDined on 4/24/2014as always you did not disappoint me everything was great I have sent many friends and customers they all say the same thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat visitorbooklady1Dined on 4/23/2014I have returned to Montebello for dinner several times and a recent lunch. Friendly, reliable service. Delicious traditional food. Romantic, tablecloth atmosphere yet unpretentious and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time - good experiencecb1487Dined on 4/22/2014Staff are friendly and efficient. We didn't have to wait for the table. Food was brought on time. Pear salad was fresh and good and the special pasta made with spinach and grilled chicken was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014Was focused on solid food/service, with quiet ambience for good conversation. Perfect place. Service was spot on - not overly intrusive, but attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 4/16/2014My husband had the chicken which was very tasty. My Salmon was ok. The wait staff seemed not interested in serving us and we had to ask for things several time. This was a first for us in New York where the wait staff is usually excellent.Special Features:
- OkJERRYGOLDVIPDined on 4/15/2014There were four of us in our party and we had to different fish dinners and a pasta dish. The pasta with seafood was good. The fillet of sole was poor and the Branzino was okay. Overall we were disappointed.
- The absolute best !kathyF18VIPDined on 4/12/2014First time dining at Montebello, we were treated like family, the food, service, and ambiance were outstanding ! It made for a very special evening ! Definitely will be back !Special Features:
- Expensive food, low qualityTvvvVIPDined on 3/15/2014Was her for dinner during last weekend, staff is not friendly and try to sell there specials instead of normal menu. Food was ok, but average quality and portion for the bucks you pay. Pasta of 25$ should taste better. First time and last time, moving onSpecial Features:
- A Reliable MainstayDinerVIPDined on 3/13/2014I have been going to this restaurant for a while and it is always a steady find, one where the food is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood standbyGolem212VIPDined on 3/7/2014Montebello is hidden away on East 56th Street between 3rd and Lex. This unobtrusive but welcoming Italian restaurant is a reliable and well placed destination when you have a vague yen for Italian food, but aren't sure where to go. It's a bit of a throwback, but in many ways, that's a plus.
- Delightful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014We came due to an inclusion in Restaurant Week. In a neighborhood full of over-priced gimics, this is great food and service. We will return.Special Features:
- theaterbuffVIPDined on 3/7/2014Enjoyed a quiet lunch here with friends. Good service.
- Just okayladyCDined on 3/6/2014The food at this location was just okay. My cesear salad and merlot was the best part of the entire meal.