Montauk Seafood Grill
549 E. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Montauk Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaukseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: (970) 476-2601
- Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours 6:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dimitri Souvorin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses.
When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are a short walk from the Lionshead Parking Structure. Parking is free after 3 p.m.
Simply, park in the structure, head West through the main entrance of Lionshead Square. Walk to the corner, turn right and then, left. We are on your right, next door to Bart and Yeti’s. Across from Patagonia, under the iron arches.
A word from Montauk Seafood Grill
Since 1987, Montauk Seafood Grill has been bringing high quality seafood and meats to Vail. It is flown in fresh, never frozen, from all corners of the globe. We combine a fine dining food experience with a casual and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Montauk Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (18)romantic (14)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- TuckieDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful birthday dinner - food was great and Teva was a wonderful personable server. Pricey but it's vail!Special Features:
- Seafood In the Vail ValleyJoeConciergeDined on 7/3/2014Montauk continues to impress; when first opened a spin-off of Sweet Basil. While fish and seafood dominate the menu, some beef, chicken and pork avail. as well as veg options. Of note the grilled chicken breast could use additional seasoning, consider Montreal Chicken or similar. Fish and seafood simply prepared allowing freshness to dominate. Great option for outdoor seating in the heart of Lionshead. Perfect for a couple, group of friends, upscale yet casual. While there is a good selection of restaurants in Vail proper, Montauk continues to be a stand-out for a sea-oriented menu. Even with the seafood orientation, an overall diverse menu catering to most dining desires.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/24/2014The food was outstanding. Our waiter Nicholas was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Our waitress, Brandy, was exceptional!! She was personable, engaging and knowledgable about their wine/food options. We really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant & the food was incredible, but she made the evening. If I ever go back to Vail, I'll definitely be going back to Montauk. It lived up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Diningwishingstar100Dined on 6/22/2014A sampling from the raw oyster bar was delicious. We enjoyed scallops and the Alaskan King Crab Legs. All cooked to perfection! The service was mediocre and restaurant atmosphere was nothing exciting or different.Special Features:
- Great Experience......YuckVIPDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I had an amazing dinner at this fish restaurant. She ordered the salmon and I had a seafood linguini which was killer!! Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was great. Would highly recommend.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montauk does It againDennDined on 6/10/2014Consistently oustanding seafood in fantastic Vail Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain for LocalsJSSnydVIPDined on 6/10/2014Once again, Montauk was delicious. And what made it even better was the locals' discount. Food and service are always fantastic here, and it's a real bonus to get the discount. THANKS!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!RuvofanDined on 6/10/2014We went back to the restaurant a second night because the food was outstanding and the server was pleasant and efficient. We had great meals both nights. The first night we had seafood and the second night we had steak. The 50% off entrees made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at Montauk'sDonnersDined on 6/10/2014Our party of four had four different entrees and none disappointed. The presentation was beautiful. The dessert menu was very tempting, but we were pleasantly full from dinner so we did not order dessert. Our waiter was charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Doesn't Do The Name JusticeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014While the food was good and well presented, the surly, incompetent service ruined the experience. Why would I have to tell a waiter three times what "Whisky, neat/Whisky, up" means? There are way too many great dining choices in Vail for Montauk to be on a "must" list. We won't be going back.
- LobsterConnieMaeDined on 6/7/2014I am a local and have eaten here many times. This time the lobster was rubbery. I will not order it again.Special Features:
- outtolunchDined on 6/6/2014Best seafood in the Valley. Calamari is great! Seafood is fresh without fail and well prepared. Service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish in the MountainsMontaukVIPDined on 6/5/2014If you like fresh fish, you will love Montauk Seafood Grill. The fish is flown in fresh from US east and west coasts as well as farther places like Hawaii. The menu offers several kinds of fresh grilled fish as well as fish and seafood in sauces and with pasta. If you are not so keen about fish, there is a great chicken dish and steak of steakhouse quality to tempt. The mussels as an appetizer are large and succulent in a delicious broth. The wine list is outstanding, with something for every taste and price point. Mixed drinks and beer are also available. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is sophisticated but relaxed. If in Vail, it is a short walk or in-town bus ride to dinner at Montauk.Special Features:
- Great seafood restaurant!crabloverDined on 6/5/2014Had a lb. of the crab. Would definitely recommend! Tasty & fresh!Special Features:
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014My wife reviewed several places and we decided on Montauk. Due to its location in the middle of Vail's Lionheads Village, I was worried this would be an overrated, over priced experience. Was I wrong!!! The food was fantastic and I had a Colorado beer that tasted awesome. As for the price, we dined during their summer special of 51% off of all steamers, entries and grill dinners. We decided that the half pound steamed crab dinner would make a great appetizer and we were right. My wife had the delightful and flavorful Prawns, while I had the free range chicken. The Prawns were large and delicious. The chicken was seasoned and grilled perfectly. Regardless of the discount, we would come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off season excellent diningnh2484Dined on 5/28/2014One of our favorite upscale restaurants, even better with off season specials. We both had crab and it was cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montauk never disappointsJackDined on 5/24/2014I've visited Montauk five times, and each visit has been as good as the first, which was excellent. The quality of seafood and most notably treatment by the chefs is top notch. Service is very friendly and attentive. Montauk is a superb experience.Special Features:
- Who'd have thought?operaloverDined on 5/22/2014Who would have thought there was GREAT seafood in Vail, Colorado? This place is a gem with oysters so great they jump off the shell, and perfectly cooked seafood. Fun, casual with great service and a lively bar. It's also the place you can bring the kids too and have a great time. Can't recommend it enough! Even dining solo is fun!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Everything was excellent but some of the service was slow. I think it was our fault because we wanted to enjoy our drinks before ordering dinner - by that time the restaurant became busy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in Vail area!!!Lynn44Dined on 5/16/2014Montauk grill has great seafood. My husband had the bowl of clam chowder and it was outstanding. We both ordered the grilled halibut and it was delicious. The best time to eat there is in the off season otherwise it is quite pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our meal was excellent and with the spring special could not be beat!!Special Features:
- Just Go!lylehmanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Don't let the distance from the coast bother you, this is the best seafood restaurant that you will find in Colorado.Special Features:
- tasty, but pricey guess that's VailnightoutDined on 4/19/2014enjoyed the meal, but the sound level is very high, they should buffer with acoustical tile or more soft sound absorbent stuff sound level diminished the enjoyment of the meal Wine list good and a nice range of price selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontaukRichardDined on 4/12/2014This is one of Vail's premier restaurants. The seafood flown in almost daily and the oysters are incredible, not to mention having several types to choose from. The place is not cheap so the clientele will be older and more affluent. Just try it and you will go back time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Restaurant in VailMikeVIPDined on 4/9/2014Montauk has not disappointed my palate in 15 years of dinning there. Their Ahi Tuna speacial is the best Ahi in Vail, and that says a lot. The restaurant can be quite noisy at it's busiest, but the food is worth the noise. The fish is always fresh and prepared to your liking. Highly recommended if you happen to be in Vail.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Being the only seafood restaurant in vail, we figured we would give it a try. To our great delight it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality seafoodBigdaddyDined on 4/3/2014We had a great meal again (2nd in a week)-calamari, salmon and seafood linguini. All really fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fresh foodBigdaddyDined on 4/1/2014We had an excellent meal--calamari, Idaho trout and ahi Tuna. All really fresh, tasty/well prepared. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montauk never disappointsTenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/25/2014Seafood is always fresh. There are other selections for those who do not care for seafood, but seafood is their forte!!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favourite Restaurant in VailHigginsDined on 3/15/2014Delicious perfect food and great service! The oysters,halibut and tuna were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service and the foodSherryDined on 3/7/2014Horrible service and the food was less then par. The side items were bland and lacking variety. Service was horrible. Never got beverages refilled after paying $3 for a coke. For the price I would go elsewhere.....
- Not as good as Sweet BasilOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2014We had dinner at Montauk Seafood Grill and although the food was good, we thought the menu was limited and not very creative. We did not enjoy one of the appetizers (fish tacos) at all. The following night we had dinner at Sweet Basil and while we paid the same price we found the food to be delicious, the service was very attentive and overal had a much better dining experince. We would not recommend this place to friends since there are better options.
- wonderful dinnerCiscokidDined on 3/5/2014We started our meal with an appetizer of mussels which were out of this world. Our meals were fantastic. We ordered the ahi tuna, scallops, seafood linguine, and the king crab. The service was wonderful. Great food and great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014In our ten days at Vail, this was the best restaurant by far. The food was excellent and we had the best waiter of the trip.Special Features:
- Consistently good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/21/2014Consistently good selection and preparation of a wide variety of seafood dishes. That's why we have been coming year after year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundskibumDined on 2/20/2014Why does it always seem that the first time to a nice restaurant is the best? We returned to The Montauk Grill 1 year later, and the service seemed poor (our waitress appeared disinterested) AND WHILE THE SEAFOOD WAS GREAT, THE SIDES THAT ACCOMPANIED THE DISHES WERE BORING- quartered potatoes and julienned veggies or slaw.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely not recommend!!!Debbers18VIPDined on 2/20/2014Very rude manager , over priced for what you get Small portions , much better restaurants in vail with Way better food and service, go to la bottega or alpen Rose instead!!!
- The food was good and wellgstuessiVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was good and well prepared but the presentations were basic & uninspired. The service was very good and our server was well-informed. The restaurant is apearing a little worn and in need of a facelift, both the menu and the physical rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was spot onGregorDined on 2/14/2014The grilled entrees were both perfectly cooked. Moist and not at all dry or too firm. The veggies were a nice melody of a few things. The potatoes are steamed and then tossed in garlic and butter. Very tasty and yet still firm enough not to have the common mushy taste. You won't be disappointed. The owner/chef came out to everyone's table to make all was right, which I appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.