Montauk Seafood Grill
549 E. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Montauk Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaukseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 9704762601x
- Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours 6:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dimitri Souvorin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses.
When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are a short walk from the Lionshead Parking Structure. Parking is free after 3 p.m.
Simply, park in the structure, head West through the main entrance of Lionshead Square. Walk to the corner, turn right and then, left. We are on your right, next door to Bart and Yeti’s. Across from Patagonia, under the iron arches.
A word from Montauk Seafood Grill
Since 1987, Montauk Seafood Grill has been bringing high quality seafood and meats to Vail. It is flown in fresh, never frozen, from all corners of the globe. We combine a fine dining food experience with a casual and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Montauk Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Montauk Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (36)romantic (25)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Positive experienceBassbug18Dined on 8/31/2014Seafood in the mountains is not unusual but good seafood often is. Montauk exceed expectation. Calamari appetizer was excellent especially with the avocado spread which nicely played off the seasoning and light breading. Linguine and prawn entrees did not disappoint. Waiter was attentive, but not fawning. Wine list was better than average, and what one would expect in a locale such as Vail. Restaurant can get quickly noisy which if one has hearing issues can be a challenge.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent seafood and you can never go wrong. Love the oyster selection and they are as fresh as the east coast. Great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been long term fans of this restaurant which we regard as one of the very top restaurants in the Vail area. Unfortunately our experience the other evening was uncharacteristically off the mark. We sat for more than twenty minutes before being asked for our drinks order and it was more than 40 minutes before we began receiving our appetizer. We were only then informed that neither of our entree orders were available. The lobster special, which had been heavily advertised and we now were told was no longer available, was, in fact, served to a neighboring table a full hour after we had arrived.Special Features:
- MontaukKTelVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had the tuna and the Calamari appetizer. Both were very good. My wife had the wedge salad and the Halibut which were excellent. We topped off our meal with a decaf coffee/expresso with Bailey's / Kahlua with whipped cream that were excellent.Special Features:
- FrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great overall restaurant with a lot of very good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreAnn1Dined on 8/15/2014There aren't many seafood places in the Vail Valley, but this was pretty good. Prices are high in the area but I expected more for what we got. However, the service was attentive, the food was tasty and it was a really pleasant summer evening, perfect for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014We were disappointed in this restaraunt. We may have been expecting more based on other reviews. The food was just ok. Nothing special. Our server was pleasant but pretty slow overall. Good place for kids. Atmosphere was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAA+++oystersRusDined on 8/11/2014AAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible OysterstxbenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Fresh oysters, great halibut with good friends. That is hard to beat at any table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linguini & crab legs = perfection.BarbiuDined on 8/10/2014We ate here our first night in Vail and returned for our final dinner - it was that good. Our compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, atmosphere and service. We have been coming for years. The fish is fresh and servers are the best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving onScottsdalelocal101Dined on 8/8/2014We've been going to Montauk for around 20 years and this was the second mediocre meal we've had there in six months so it may be time to move on. It wasn't terribly busy but the waiters, no one I've seen before, seemed uninterested. The woman who took care of us, Brandy, was nice but seemed very busy and was the third person that came by the table. We got seafood linguine because it had been so good in the past and, while the scallops and shrimp were very good, the pasta was not. Maybe it had been sitting too long. I usually get oysters but passed this time because I didn't feel comfortable ordering them, and this was just from the experience of trying to get seated. Yes, we had a reservation. Maybe new owners?
- Vert good dinner ans fishes.JF972Dined on 8/2/2014Very good dishes. The ambience : a little bit noisy. No music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood in LionsheadOldManDan62Dined on 8/2/2014This seafood restaurant does a very nice job in preparing and presenting fresh seafood in the Colorado Mountains. My wife had the trout prepared simply grilled and I had a red snapper, also fairly simply prepared. The waiter had a lot of tables but did a reasonably good job keeping everyone happy. We will dine there again when we are in Vail next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood restaurantSylviVIPDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant has good food and service. If you are looking for a seafood restaurant in Vail this would be a good choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently GreatCraigVIPDined on 8/1/2014We've eaten here probably over 100 times through the years. Always reliable, personable and personal service, and the seafood is great. But don't be afraid to try non-seafood items on the menu, we've never gone wrong there either. Not flashy or fancy, just comfortable and real with "reasonable" prices (for being in Vail). Kid friendly, old people friendly, nice outside or inside seating, can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but goodeat4healthDined on 7/28/2014Really expensive entrees (over $35) when combined with a pre-dinner salad and a glass of wine, puts the cost in the stratosphere. We settled for a salad and an appetizer of mussels to keep the cost lower. Not a very nice atmosphere - too noisy.Special Features:
- good food distracting ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014food was good. we were seated near the kitchen which created a lot of distractions and noise. our waiter was very strong. i don't recall his name but he was from Argentina and really improved our experience through his personality and knowledge of the menu and wines.Special Features:
- Fresh, fresh fish & good serviceTTduoDined on 7/26/2014Nathan did a great job of directing our menu choices. Mussels are superb; pan seared Halibut very, very good.Special Features:
- yummy seafoodWendytropicsDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant had a great location and it was great for people watching. There was a variety of seafoods on the menu. My kids had steak and it was cooked to perfection. My only complaint about the seafood was that there was not a lot of local foods. My tuna was cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor. The seafood linguini my husband had was abundantly filled with large portions of seafood and not just noodles. We sat outside and it was the perfect combination for my kids to be able to eat a nice meal with us.Special Features:
- mediocre at bestInJoyDined on 7/19/2014This place did not meet our expectations or standards on service or food. To claim to be an outstanding seafood and fish restaurant, we felt the the food was mediocre at best. We ordered Salmon. They did not follow cooking instructions. They noted that they serve medium rare and one of us requested medium with a crispy light char on the outside. Both entrees came out medium rare. Other food times were fare. Our specific waitress was not attentive at all, however other servers and wait staff were very helpful when they saw we needed water etc.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious seafood!sgtjeepDined on 7/19/2014Started with the wedge salad that has an Amish Gorgonzola dressing to die for! Next came the Lobster Mac and Cheese with aged White Cheddar in a rich Lobster Broth where you could actually taste the Lobster - scrumptious. Then the Linguini with Baja White Prawns, Alaskan Dungeness Crab, Florida Rock Shrimp and Baja Bay Scallops in a Maine Lobster Broth w/white wine, garlic, butter and fresh herbs. It doesn't get any better than this!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!vailchickDined on 7/16/2014Variety of fish/seafood was impressive, walleye to king crab. For apps, we tried to the tuna tacos, lobster mac & cheese, shrimp cocktail.. YUM YUM YUM. Dinner was walleye, lobster & king crab. Everyone loved their meal. Chardonnay selected for us to compliment our meal was a perfect fit.Special Features:
- Don't botherappreciateanicesurpriseVIPDined on 7/4/2014The service was quite good. The gazpacho soup was quite good. Both entrees were less than mediocre (swordfish & scallops). There are many better places to eat in Vail.
- TuckieDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful birthday dinner - food was great and Teva was a wonderful personable server. Pricey but it's vail!Special Features:
- Seafood In the Vail ValleyJoeConciergeDined on 7/3/2014Montauk continues to impress; when first opened a spin-off of Sweet Basil. While fish and seafood dominate the menu, some beef, chicken and pork avail. as well as veg options. Of note the grilled chicken breast could use additional seasoning, consider Montreal Chicken or similar. Fish and seafood simply prepared allowing freshness to dominate. Great option for outdoor seating in the heart of Lionshead. Perfect for a couple, group of friends, upscale yet casual. While there is a good selection of restaurants in Vail proper, Montauk continues to be a stand-out for a sea-oriented menu. Even with the seafood orientation, an overall diverse menu catering to most dining desires.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/24/2014The food was outstanding. Our waiter Nicholas was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Our waitress, Brandy, was exceptional!! She was personable, engaging and knowledgable about their wine/food options. We really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant & the food was incredible, but she made the evening. If I ever go back to Vail, I'll definitely be going back to Montauk. It lived up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Diningwishingstar100Dined on 6/22/2014A sampling from the raw oyster bar was delicious. We enjoyed scallops and the Alaskan King Crab Legs. All cooked to perfection! The service was mediocre and restaurant atmosphere was nothing exciting or different.Special Features:
- Great Experience......YuckVIPDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I had an amazing dinner at this fish restaurant. She ordered the salmon and I had a seafood linguini which was killer!! Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was great. Would highly recommend.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montauk does It againDennDined on 6/10/2014Consistently oustanding seafood in fantastic Vail Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain for LocalsJSSnydVIPDined on 6/10/2014Once again, Montauk was delicious. And what made it even better was the locals' discount. Food and service are always fantastic here, and it's a real bonus to get the discount. THANKS!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!RuvofanDined on 6/10/2014We went back to the restaurant a second night because the food was outstanding and the server was pleasant and efficient. We had great meals both nights. The first night we had seafood and the second night we had steak. The 50% off entrees made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at Montauk'sDonnersDined on 6/10/2014Our party of four had four different entrees and none disappointed. The presentation was beautiful. The dessert menu was very tempting, but we were pleasantly full from dinner so we did not order dessert. Our waiter was charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Doesn't Do The Name JusticeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014While the food was good and well presented, the surly, incompetent service ruined the experience. Why would I have to tell a waiter three times what "Whisky, neat/Whisky, up" means? There are way too many great dining choices in Vail for Montauk to be on a "must" list. We won't be going back.
- LobsterConnieMaeDined on 6/7/2014I am a local and have eaten here many times. This time the lobster was rubbery. I will not order it again.Special Features:
- outtolunchDined on 6/6/2014Best seafood in the Valley. Calamari is great! Seafood is fresh without fail and well prepared. Service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish in the MountainsMontaukVIPDined on 6/5/2014If you like fresh fish, you will love Montauk Seafood Grill. The fish is flown in fresh from US east and west coasts as well as farther places like Hawaii. The menu offers several kinds of fresh grilled fish as well as fish and seafood in sauces and with pasta. If you are not so keen about fish, there is a great chicken dish and steak of steakhouse quality to tempt. The mussels as an appetizer are large and succulent in a delicious broth. The wine list is outstanding, with something for every taste and price point. Mixed drinks and beer are also available. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is sophisticated but relaxed. If in Vail, it is a short walk or in-town bus ride to dinner at Montauk.Special Features:
- Great seafood restaurant!crabloverDined on 6/5/2014Had a lb. of the crab. Would definitely recommend! Tasty & fresh!Special Features:
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014My wife reviewed several places and we decided on Montauk. Due to its location in the middle of Vail's Lionheads Village, I was worried this would be an overrated, over priced experience. Was I wrong!!! The food was fantastic and I had a Colorado beer that tasted awesome. As for the price, we dined during their summer special of 51% off of all steamers, entries and grill dinners. We decided that the half pound steamed crab dinner would make a great appetizer and we were right. My wife had the delightful and flavorful Prawns, while I had the free range chicken. The Prawns were large and delicious. The chicken was seasoned and grilled perfectly. Regardless of the discount, we would come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.