Montauk Seafood Grill
549 E. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Montauk Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaukseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: (970) 476-2601
- Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours 6:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dimitri Souvorin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses.
When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are a short walk from the Lionshead Parking Structure. Parking is free after 3 p.m.
Simply, park in the structure, head West through the main entrance of Lionshead Square. Walk to the corner, turn right and then, left. We are on your right, next door to Bart and Yeti’s. Across from Patagonia, under the iron arches.
A word from Montauk Seafood Grill
Since 1987, Montauk Seafood Grill has been bringing high quality seafood and meats to Vail. It is flown in fresh, never frozen, from all corners of the globe. We combine a fine dining food experience with a casual and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Montauk Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (21)romantic (17)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- morandcVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had dinner during Vail's off season; took advantage of the 50% off special. Restaurant was relatively empty. Service was fine & food was very good. Might be a bit expensive during the high season.Special Features:
- Not badPearlDined on 11/8/2014-but would not run into town for the off season specials-expensive for being a notch above mediocre.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Our server seemed distracted the whole time and the food was just so-so. We dined during off-season and got $25 entree specials so maybe that had something to do with it. But overall, I definitely wouldn't consider this a top rate seafood restaurant...it was more in line with Bonefish Grill.
- Happy Birthday to MeDawnVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were so pleased with our dinner. We returned after having eaten there 5 years ago and remembered it being quite good. Tonight didn't disappoint. We had the steak and crab and the crab was some of the most delicious we've had in a long time. We started with oysters, had the house salad, and dessert and the price for our wine (Prisoner) was very reasonable. Our waiter was very good and checked up on us within the appropriate timeframes. We will definitely be back again on our next trip to Vail.Special Features:
- Off season find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014All entrees $25 in Oct - we had fantastic ahi tuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Everything was fine. Server was too self assured and casual and not funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut was amazingyoda4shodaVIPDined on 9/30/2014Trout was very good as was the ahi. Don't skip the bread pudding for desert.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodFoodSnobDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent, the fish was very fresh and cook to perfection. My wife, an Alaskan, was very impressed with the Halibut, not an easy feat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood choiceJamesDined on 9/26/2014Loved the lobster and seafood linguini. Service was great and the wine choices and prices were attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheeseheadDined on 9/25/2014Had a great dinner. Ahi was super but maybe even topped by the crab legs and that may have been beaten out by the lobster. And the crusted trout was right up there too. Great find for our last night in the Avon/avail area.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!!WynnVIPDined on 9/25/2014This was our second visit to Montauk and it was as good as we remembered. We plan to come back every time we are in the area. Love the halibut!!Special Features:
- Great food!Trader0909VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great food and atmosphere. Great service from Kim. The Ahi Tuna is the best I have ever had! Nice wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Ordered a steamed lobster dinner and grilled pork chop dinner. Both were outstanding, including the sides, prepared with care and finesse. Server was very attentive and friendly. One of the best places to dine in Lionshead.Special Features:
- Delicious healthy mealBoppyVIPDined on 9/1/2014This our first visit to Montauk. I was very happy with the service and the food. My husband said he thinks of the restaurant as more of a lunch spot. I don't agree.
- Meh in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was okay compared to a lot of restaurants in the same area and price point. Friendly staff though!Special Features:
- Positive experienceBassbug18Dined on 8/31/2014Seafood in the mountains is not unusual but good seafood often is. Montauk exceed expectation. Calamari appetizer was excellent especially with the avocado spread which nicely played off the seasoning and light breading. Linguine and prawn entrees did not disappoint. Waiter was attentive, but not fawning. Wine list was better than average, and what one would expect in a locale such as Vail. Restaurant can get quickly noisy which if one has hearing issues can be a challenge.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulOysterfanDined on 8/30/2014Excellent seafood and you can never go wrong. Love the oyster selection and they are as fresh as the east coast. Great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been long term fans of this restaurant which we regard as one of the very top restaurants in the Vail area. Unfortunately our experience the other evening was uncharacteristically off the mark. We sat for more than twenty minutes before being asked for our drinks order and it was more than 40 minutes before we began receiving our appetizer. We were only then informed that neither of our entree orders were available. The lobster special, which had been heavily advertised and we now were told was no longer available, was, in fact, served to a neighboring table a full hour after we had arrived.Special Features:
- MontaukKTelVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had the tuna and the Calamari appetizer. Both were very good. My wife had the wedge salad and the Halibut which were excellent. We topped off our meal with a decaf coffee/expresso with Bailey's / Kahlua with whipped cream that were excellent.Special Features:
- FrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great overall restaurant with a lot of very good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreAnn1Dined on 8/15/2014There aren't many seafood places in the Vail Valley, but this was pretty good. Prices are high in the area but I expected more for what we got. However, the service was attentive, the food was tasty and it was a really pleasant summer evening, perfect for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014We were disappointed in this restaraunt. We may have been expecting more based on other reviews. The food was just ok. Nothing special. Our server was pleasant but pretty slow overall. Good place for kids. Atmosphere was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAA+++oystersRusDined on 8/11/2014AAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible OysterstxbenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Fresh oysters, great halibut with good friends. That is hard to beat at any table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linguini & crab legs = perfection.BarbiuDined on 8/10/2014We ate here our first night in Vail and returned for our final dinner - it was that good. Our compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, atmosphere and service. We have been coming for years. The fish is fresh and servers are the best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving onScottsdalelocal101Dined on 8/8/2014We've been going to Montauk for around 20 years and this was the second mediocre meal we've had there in six months so it may be time to move on. It wasn't terribly busy but the waiters, no one I've seen before, seemed uninterested. The woman who took care of us, Brandy, was nice but seemed very busy and was the third person that came by the table. We got seafood linguine because it had been so good in the past and, while the scallops and shrimp were very good, the pasta was not. Maybe it had been sitting too long. I usually get oysters but passed this time because I didn't feel comfortable ordering them, and this was just from the experience of trying to get seated. Yes, we had a reservation. Maybe new owners?
- Vert good dinner ans fishes.JF972Dined on 8/2/2014Very good dishes. The ambience : a little bit noisy. No music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood in LionsheadOldManDan62Dined on 8/2/2014This seafood restaurant does a very nice job in preparing and presenting fresh seafood in the Colorado Mountains. My wife had the trout prepared simply grilled and I had a red snapper, also fairly simply prepared. The waiter had a lot of tables but did a reasonably good job keeping everyone happy. We will dine there again when we are in Vail next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood restaurantSylviVIPDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant has good food and service. If you are looking for a seafood restaurant in Vail this would be a good choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently GreatCraigVIPDined on 8/1/2014We've eaten here probably over 100 times through the years. Always reliable, personable and personal service, and the seafood is great. But don't be afraid to try non-seafood items on the menu, we've never gone wrong there either. Not flashy or fancy, just comfortable and real with "reasonable" prices (for being in Vail). Kid friendly, old people friendly, nice outside or inside seating, can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but goodeat4healthDined on 7/28/2014Really expensive entrees (over $35) when combined with a pre-dinner salad and a glass of wine, puts the cost in the stratosphere. We settled for a salad and an appetizer of mussels to keep the cost lower. Not a very nice atmosphere - too noisy.Special Features:
- good food distracting ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014food was good. we were seated near the kitchen which created a lot of distractions and noise. our waiter was very strong. i don't recall his name but he was from Argentina and really improved our experience through his personality and knowledge of the menu and wines.Special Features:
- Fresh, fresh fish & good serviceTTduoDined on 7/26/2014Nathan did a great job of directing our menu choices. Mussels are superb; pan seared Halibut very, very good.Special Features:
- yummy seafoodWendytropicsDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant had a great location and it was great for people watching. There was a variety of seafoods on the menu. My kids had steak and it was cooked to perfection. My only complaint about the seafood was that there was not a lot of local foods. My tuna was cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor. The seafood linguini my husband had was abundantly filled with large portions of seafood and not just noodles. We sat outside and it was the perfect combination for my kids to be able to eat a nice meal with us.Special Features:
- The following 108 reviews are from the Montauk Seafood Grill reviews archive.
- mediocre at bestInJoyDined on 7/19/2014This place did not meet our expectations or standards on service or food. To claim to be an outstanding seafood and fish restaurant, we felt the the food was mediocre at best. We ordered Salmon. They did not follow cooking instructions. They noted that they serve medium rare and one of us requested medium with a crispy light char on the outside. Both entrees came out medium rare. Other food times were fare. Our specific waitress was not attentive at all, however other servers and wait staff were very helpful when they saw we needed water etc.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious seafood!sgtjeepDined on 7/19/2014Started with the wedge salad that has an Amish Gorgonzola dressing to die for! Next came the Lobster Mac and Cheese with aged White Cheddar in a rich Lobster Broth where you could actually taste the Lobster - scrumptious. Then the Linguini with Baja White Prawns, Alaskan Dungeness Crab, Florida Rock Shrimp and Baja Bay Scallops in a Maine Lobster Broth w/white wine, garlic, butter and fresh herbs. It doesn't get any better than this!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!vailchickDined on 7/16/2014Variety of fish/seafood was impressive, walleye to king crab. For apps, we tried to the tuna tacos, lobster mac & cheese, shrimp cocktail.. YUM YUM YUM. Dinner was walleye, lobster & king crab. Everyone loved their meal. Chardonnay selected for us to compliment our meal was a perfect fit.Special Features:
- Don't botherappreciateanicesurpriseVIPDined on 7/4/2014The service was quite good. The gazpacho soup was quite good. Both entrees were less than mediocre (swordfish & scallops). There are many better places to eat in Vail.
- TuckieDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful birthday dinner - food was great and Teva was a wonderful personable server. Pricey but it's vail!Special Features: