Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
15 NW Alder Place
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montalcinoristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: 4252703677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michelina Nardone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Fernando for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fernado Nardone 2068180496
A word from Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
At Montalcino Ristorante Italiano fine food and wine are a way of life. All dishes are prepared with passion and tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality real Italian ingredients. Charismatic Italian family ownership brings a classic atmosphere to the restaurant where everyone is part of the family. A quality menu with many family receipts and a top unique wine list including wines produced by the family creates a perfect dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (84)romantic (80)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (53)hot spot (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful Food and Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This place is small, but it's worth the extra effort to book a reservation ahead of time. My husband and I sat at the tiny bar near the window. At first, it didn't look like it would be a great place to sit, but we actually enjoyed it. It felt like our own private little corner of the restaurant. The restaurant even gave us a heads up about our seating ahead of time when they called to confirm the reservation. You can tell the food is homemade and the ambiance is really warm and inviting. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The food and atmosphere at tiny Montalcino were both great. The service however rushed the meal. The restaurant called in advance to confirm our reservation from "5:30-7pm." The reservation was at 5:30 but not aware it was limited to 1.5 hours. The restaurant was not clear whether this was restaurant policy or Open Table policy. Not a good intro for the first time diner. The staff clearly was instructed in pushing the meal along, requesting to take our order a few times before we were ready. It is unfortunate as everything else about it was great and would rate it higher but for the rushing. IF I go again, it will be a late reservation when they will hopefully not be as concerned about turning the table several times.Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014The food here is amazing...real Italian cuisine; just like being in Italy...with a first rate wine list. Service is great. Atmosphere is warm and family friendly, while still being intimate. They have an outstanding Italian singer who adds the final touch to make the ambiance perfect. We are already planning our return.Special Features:
- Still the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014We have been dining at Montalcino for a few years now and is still the best restaurant in the Seattle area. Always consistent with quality and always inventive with new dishes. always great ambiance, owners and staff are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word - Authentic.ChizDined on 10/12/2014Authentic and delicious updated farm-to-table Italian food; attentive service, live music. Every visit, I am surprised to walk outside and find myself still in Issaquah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were greatTonyDined on 10/12/2014I think having a separate area, enjoying the specials and the family wine were the highpoints of our visit.Special Features:
- Always feel special here!YzmamaDined on 10/11/2014Not an east place to get reservations , but well worth the wait! The food and service are outstanding here! So happy to have this restaurant in our little town! No need to go to Bellevue or Seattle for the best Italian around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crazycatDined on 10/5/2014Well staffed, attentive service, quality food with authentic flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticceddy3Dined on 10/3/2014We have been going here for the past couple of years for special occasions. We look forward to it every time we go. The food is fantastic and the Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Outstanding!tourguideDined on 10/3/2014I brought my Minnesota sister here to experience this wonderful restaurant during her visit. We had wonderful service, along with amazing food and wine. We started by sharing the Caesar Salad with their homemade dressing and which can't be beat anywhere. Then she had the short ribs which were a special of the evening, and she commented that it was the best meal she has ever had! I ordered another special of the evening...a wide noodle pasta dish with a creamy truffle sauce, Italian sausage and yellow bell peppers...yummy!! I doubt this place will ever disappoint...highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal We have hadGiacamoDined on 10/2/2014Best Meal We have had since we moved to Seattle from San Fran. This restaurant has quality, from the Chicken Montalcino a chefs creation to pasta with wild boar. Fresh , flavorful just top notch from start to finish. Make reservations for if we had not we would have never got in . Fantastic placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations!BMW535DriverDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding service. No words can describe their food, other than delicious and scrumptious. Wine list is amazing. Only downside was finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseJayIVIPDined on 9/26/2014Just took a chance on this restaurant, and to our pleasant surprise, the food and the service were excellent. Great find on the eastside. Fresh ingredients, tasty food, and well presented. Will be going back again when we get the chance to do so. Very romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealGMJ1Dined on 9/24/2014The filet mignon was the best I have ever had. The house chianti was excellent. My wife had lobster ravioli with a lobster tail on top. It was deemed excellent. I am not a big fan of live music so the house singer, though a nice guy, was annoying to have to listen to while trying to converse. If you're OK with live music and great Italian food, go for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous findmoi2againDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I have been looking for a good Italian restaurant on the east side. Finally! The food was plentiful and delicious. We will be back again. My only complaint - it was just a tad too dark in the restaurant, making it a little difficult to read the menu.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem Italian RestaurantPMSammamishDined on 9/13/2014This charming restaurant is tucked into a side street just off Front Street in Issaquah. Had I not seen the reviews on Urban Spoon, I would not have known it was there. Great food and ambiance with excellent service. The owner is very attentive and runs it like a family business, but the menu is more upscale. The Nebiollo from the restaurant owner's father's winery back in Montalcino was very good and reasonably priced. It's a very small restaurant, so I recommend booking reservations.Special Features:
- Truly Unique and WonderfulGiacamoDined on 9/11/2014We have traveled the world and dined in many restaurants Montalcino tops our list. This place is quality with a great uniqueness as you were dinning in Italy. The food is inventive and true freshness the service amazing with servers an owners having great personalities , like we were imported into a godfather movie. We just love this place an we are serious foodies. I'm glad other appreciate this restaurant and see what is napping here , truly unique and wonderful. Nothing can come close especially in this state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantNcluvtodineDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant has outstanding service , wine, and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereshimmyqueenDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at Montelcono's 4 or 5 times now. I typically stay away from Italian food as it is usually heavy, starchy and tasteless. Not so at Montelcino's. Their pastas are perfectly cooked al dente, their sauces complex and light and their ambiance is AWESOME!! about 12 tables total (reservation a must) so it's intimate and romantic. The staff is attentive without being obtrusive and the owner is a sweetie. There is also live entertainment (accordion, guitar) and that makes it the perfect place to treat yourself. My husband and I go there for celebrations or just to unwind after a busy week. We are always treated with warmth and sincerity. Portions are moderate (a good thing) and prices are fair considering you get entertainment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Amazing food. Make reservations. Best Italian I've had in the area, including Seattle! Go!Special Features:
- Issaquah's Finest DiningkentagiousDined on 9/3/2014Have a fabulous meal from their Italian family recipes, enjoy wine from their family vineyard in Italy, get a Dean Martin or classic Italian opera song sung at your table and have the best dining experience you will possibly have in Issaquah. Be sure to make a reservation. The place seats around 30 and you don't want to miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.kjcougDined on 8/31/2014Another terrific dining experience at Montelcino. We went for our anniversary and had delicious food, great service and great table side entertainment. We can't wait to go back because they make us feel so special. 10 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under Cover of DarknessmjarensDined on 8/31/2014Our party of 5 dined here on Sunday evening. This was our 5th or 6th visit for dinner. Our table was awaiting us upon arrival @ 7:00 PM. Our dining experience was great, but with one flaw. We ordered a bottle of their Montalcino family wine, and ended up ordering a second. Both the Caesar salad and the Heirloom tomato salads were generous and very tasty as starters. We five ordered Veal Piccata, the Kobe Beef Lasagne, and a special, the Veal Chop. Each of use loved our entrees. The food quality here is always top notch. The one flaw: the lighting was so dimmed down that we could barely see our food. Unfortunate, as the meal presentation here is gorgeous. Seriously, it was almost too dark to see our friends faces across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitYzmamaDined on 8/29/2014Had been trying to get into this restaurant since it opened! Mostly my fault because you definitely have to plan ahead to get a reservation. No last minute drop ins here. Plan a head a few weeks and check it out! Lovely place food, music, loved the extra attention of a little aperitif offered when our table wasn't quite ready at our designated reservation time, and the follow out the door by the manager (owner?) about how everything was. Definitely will be back! Guess I better book now! :)Special Features:
- JoyceVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always excellent in every way. It would be great, however, if we were able to have a little more time between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianSuenJimDined on 8/27/2014Intimate, superb food, large selection of Italian wines, very friendly, higher end dining but worth it (in this case, you get what you pay for)!Special Features:
- Charming anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We went for our anniversary and were delighted with our experience. Great service, great food, and a great wine list. There was live music, too. We will go back and would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoritefoodiefamilyDined on 8/24/2014The food at Montalcino is unbelievably authentic and amazingly delicious. We have always been impressed with their Italian wine selections, including wine made by the family. The service has been wonderful from being welcomed by a nice man by the door, to being well taken care of by the wait staff, and this most recent time, being serenaded by a talented musician. He sang songs from the Loin King in Italian for my children as well as "Mambo Italiano" ;-) We are always treated to homemade cheeses as we wait for our entrée and a beautiful family made dessert wine. What an excellent touch of Italian hospitality! For a foodie family - Montalcino Ristorante Italiano is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellent!DennisVIPDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing. Good food, service, and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience8itallDined on 8/19/2014We have taken many other couples to Montalcino and each and every time..... the" WOW" factor. The wine list is amazing. We have actually visited their winery while in Italy. It's the real deal. To have such a authentic, high quality restaurant in the heart of downtown Issaquah is such a blessing for us. The size of the restaurant , 8 top 9 tables, is a plus for us. It feels like we are eating in a authentic Italian kitchen.Special Features:
- An Italian DreamTami1stTasteVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time dining at Montalcino and it once again delighted our senses. You really feel like you're in an actual spot in Italy. Authentic, yummy and unique. We can't wait to go back for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousDottyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The dinners are wonderful. Every dish is prepared with great care and attention to quality. They open for lunch again in the fall. Wonderful selection of delicious dishes. The best truffle mushroom soup,we had ever had. We are eagerly awaiting the fall hours. Must make reservations for dinner always. Restaurant is family owned and run. Staff all seem to be related as well. Everyone makes certain your dinning experience is wonderful every time.Special Features:
- Best Italian in IssaquahWineAndDineDined on 8/14/2014I've eaten here several times now, and the food has always been excellent. Some nights they have a live guitarist playing romantic music, which makes for a great date night. On our last trip there we went with another couple and the four of us ordered all four specials. We ended up rotating plates so everyone could try everything, because it was all great. Highly recommended for special occasions where you don't mind spending a little more for a great meal.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversaryFoodie21Dined on 8/8/2014We had heard wonderful things about this restaurant and tried in the past to get a reservation on short notice without success. Thought we would try again for our anniversary. With OpenTable we had success! The service and food was wonderful. Our server recommended an amazing bottle of Brunello that we thoroughly enjoyed. The appetizer was a nice sampler. We had the lamb shank and halibut as main courses and were treated to a number of extras such as cheese and some Italian moonshine! All was expertly prepared, the fish flaky and moist and the lamb tender and juicy, and surprisingly neither required any additional seasoning. The ambience was divine with a musician playing. A truly lovely night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlmDined on 8/7/2014Excellent service. You felt as if you were part of their family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatVIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is one of our favorite neighborhood spots. The food is amazing, the owners are welcoming and friendly, and the entertainment is always top rate. The recipes are from Italy from an Italian family (who own the restaurant) and this is some of the best Italian food you will find this side of Italy. Be sure to try the gelato as it is imported from Italy. I used to miss the Italian gelato big time, but now I have a local spot where I can enjoy Italy without the long plane ride and THE HASSLE OF TSA.Special Features:
- A Find in IssaquahKidSanukDined on 8/2/2014If I had an Italian mother, I'd want her to cook this way. A memorable meal in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i just keep going backBillBellevueDined on 7/31/2014I continue to repeat at this place. Love the food, the atmosphere, the wait staff and the vino. Menu is great and I almost always order the specials. I had the short ribs. A hidden gem in Issaquah and for the Eastside. Nothing like this restaurant on the Eastside.Special Features:
- Love the Crazy ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Quality food, all are dished had a little twist of unique very inventive yet authentic . Superb service and a crazy owner (in a good way) very knowledgeable about ingredients and wines we asked about. He makes sure his guests are taken care of , we felt like we were in a Sapranos episode. This restaurant is truly something special to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally good ItalianricksriotDined on 7/31/2014I read the reviews, booked the reservation, then enjoyed a really, really good meal. The place is very small, and because of that they book up fast and then call you (3 times in my case) to remind you of your reservation and double check that you will show up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.