Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
15 NW Alder Place
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montalcinoristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: 4252703677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michelina Nardone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Fernando for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fernado Nardone 2068180496
A word from Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
At Montalcino Ristorante Italiano fine food and wine are a way of life. All dishes are prepared with passion and tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality real Italian ingredients. Charismatic Italian family ownership brings a classic atmosphere to the restaurant where everyone is part of the family. A quality menu with many family receipts and a top unique wine list including wines produced by the family creates a perfect dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (90)romantic (82)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (50)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food at Montalcino is unbelievably authentic and amazingly delicious. We have always been impressed with their Italian wine selections, including wine made by the family. The service has been wonderful from being welcomed by a nice man by the door, to being well taken care of by the wait staff, and this most recent time, being serenaded by a talented musician. He sang songs from the Loin King in Italian for my children as well as "Mambo Italiano" ;-) We are always treated to homemade cheeses as we wait for our entrée and a beautiful family made dessert wine. What an excellent touch of Italian hospitality! For a foodie family - Montalcino Ristorante Italiano is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellent!DennisDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing. Good food, service, and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience8itallDined on 8/19/2014We have taken many other couples to Montalcino and each and every time..... the" WOW" factor. The wine list is amazing. We have actually visited their winery while in Italy. It's the real deal. To have such a authentic, high quality restaurant in the heart of downtown Issaquah is such a blessing for us. The size of the restaurant , 8 top 9 tables, is a plus for us. It feels like we are eating in a authentic Italian kitchen.Special Features:
- An Italian DreamTami1stTasteDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time dining at Montalcino and it once again delighted our senses. You really feel like you're in an actual spot in Italy. Authentic, yummy and unique. We can't wait to go back for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousDottyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The dinners are wonderful. Every dish is prepared with great care and attention to quality. They open for lunch again in the fall. Wonderful selection of delicious dishes. The best truffle mushroom soup,we had ever had. We are eagerly awaiting the fall hours. Must make reservations for dinner always. Restaurant is family owned and run. Staff all seem to be related as well. Everyone makes certain your dinning experience is wonderful every time.Special Features:
- Best Italian in IssaquahWineAndDineDined on 8/14/2014I've eaten here several times now, and the food has always been excellent. Some nights they have a live guitarist playing romantic music, which makes for a great date night. On our last trip there we went with another couple and the four of us ordered all four specials. We ended up rotating plates so everyone could try everything, because it was all great. Highly recommended for special occasions where you don't mind spending a little more for a great meal.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversaryFoodie21Dined on 8/8/2014We had heard wonderful things about this restaurant and tried in the past to get a reservation on short notice without success. Thought we would try again for our anniversary. With OpenTable we had success! The service and food was wonderful. Our server recommended an amazing bottle of Brunello that we thoroughly enjoyed. The appetizer was a nice sampler. We had the lamb shank and halibut as main courses and were treated to a number of extras such as cheese and some Italian moonshine! All was expertly prepared, the fish flaky and moist and the lamb tender and juicy, and surprisingly neither required any additional seasoning. The ambience was divine with a musician playing. A truly lovely night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlmDined on 8/7/2014Excellent service. You felt as if you were part of their family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatVIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is one of our favorite neighborhood spots. The food is amazing, the owners are welcoming and friendly, and the entertainment is always top rate. The recipes are from Italy from an Italian family (who own the restaurant) and this is some of the best Italian food you will find this side of Italy. Be sure to try the gelato as it is imported from Italy. I used to miss the Italian gelato big time, but now I have a local spot where I can enjoy Italy without the long plane ride and THE HASSLE OF TSA.Special Features:
- A Find in IssaquahKidSanukDined on 8/2/2014If I had an Italian mother, I'd want her to cook this way. A memorable meal in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i just keep going backBillBellevueDined on 7/31/2014I continue to repeat at this place. Love the food, the atmosphere, the wait staff and the vino. Menu is great and I almost always order the specials. I had the short ribs. A hidden gem in Issaquah and for the Eastside. Nothing like this restaurant on the Eastside.Special Features:
- Finally good ItalianricksriotDined on 7/31/2014I read the reviews, booked the reservation, then enjoyed a really, really good meal. The place is very small, and because of that they book up fast and then call you (3 times in my case) to remind you of your reservation and double check that you will show up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JLBfavDined on 7/31/2014Flavors and food are very tasteful,, chef does a great job. Been there 3 times now w/different dishes selected---all very good. I love these little Italian Ristorante's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Delicious food and wine! I travel to Issaquah on business frequently and I always look forward to dining here as part of my trip. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys authentic Italian food. It is family owned and you feel that, but the food is famous chef quality!Special Features:
- GREAT!!!earlyriserDined on 7/30/2014We took out-of-town family here because we love it. They loved everything except the singer. They thought he could have taken more breaks. In a small space it can become a little much. But, to us, it's part of the whole experience. Enough cannot be said about the spectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Fantastic food and wine. Great service. Felt a bit rushed, but not terribly so.Special Features:
- Great find in our own backyard!LesliegDined on 7/29/2014This was our first time and we took our son. There was just a few minutes wait but we passed the time with a wonderful glass of champagne. The service and food were totally honest cooked gourmet Italian. Best mushroom sauce I've ever had. Our waiter provided some of his mother's homemade truffle cheese... So delicious! I am so excited to share this gem with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montalcino - ExcellentRRG1Dined on 7/27/2014Montalcino was excellent as always ! I had the Kobe beef Lasagna and my wife had the fish special with risotto. Tiramisu was an added treat for dessert. Wonderful restaurant, great food and great staff will keep us coming back and would certainly recommend to anyone looking for good authentic Italian on the Eastside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtFamilyDined on 7/26/2014As usual, great food and we had a good time. Not cheapSpecial Features:
- Best ItalianSuedu56Dined on 7/22/2014The food is always delicious, the service outstanding, and the ambiance is both romantic and relaxing.My only complaint is that this gem is not closer to my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TreasurediningfriendDined on 7/22/2014Issaquah's hidden treasure. Superb menu with outstanding service. A very special place for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this restaurant is topsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We have been dinning at Montalcino for two years. We love quality food and we always receive it at Montalcino. We are both chefs and foodies. Dined all over the state among others states …this restaurant is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's Italian!FredBloggsVIPDined on 7/17/2014The family that owns and runs the restaurant are from Italy and it shows. Excellent friendly find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJackiecaswellVIPDined on 7/14/2014A really great restaurant. Good Italian food and great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.shwilliaDined on 7/9/2014We found ourselves with a last minute free night and got a reservation at Montalcino. We had the one and only table outside because that was all they had, which at first seemed a little strange but we actually liked it until the sun was beating on us then it got a bit hot. Otherwise the perfect night. The food was excellent, I can not say enough about the flavors of the lasagna and the lamb. The service was perfect, great suggestions on food and wine, we have the family wine and love every sip. A fabulous first experience and we are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- The Real DealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014As always the real deal. Food was again very impressive, the staff attentive and the Italian owner as passionate as I always see him. Just like my memories of dinning in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkkaDined on 7/1/2014Delightful meal. Generous portions. A bit pricey for my wallet. Friendly service. Great neighborhood with lots of attractions nearby.Special Features:
- The Best of IssaquahRitchidolDined on 7/1/2014A hidden gem of a family owned restaurant in Issaquah. Food preparation is exquisite and prepared by "Mama!" Accommodating and attentive service. Reservations a must and given the smallness of the restaurant there is a two hour maximum for seating. But expect to leave in a food coma and with left overs that are just as good the second day as when originally served! Parking a bit of a challenge so allow time to find a parking space.Special Features:
- Hot Spot Never Fails UsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We are picky and understand great cuisine and Montalcino has it. We always enjoy our visit to Montalcino and we appreciate how they always seem to step it up a notch even when we think it cant get better. Its true you cant, best restaurant in the state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Issaquah neighborhood gemYummyDined on 6/29/2014The delicious food was the best aspect of Montalcino. Excellent Italian fare. The lamb was tender and succulent ; my pasta entree cooked perfectly al dente with a delicious red sauce. Generous-sized servings. This restaurant is the perfect size (small) to feel very cozy and welcoming. Service was prompt and courteous. We especially liked the classical guitarist playing through out, and the music was low enough to allow easy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialStuart78Dined on 6/29/2014This is a tiny restaurant in downtown issaquah that is full of love and flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER!holidaydinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I had been wanting to visit this restaurant for about a year. We decided to go for my birthday and we both agreed that it was one of the best meals we've ever had in a restaurant. The owners greeted us, the service was excellent, the food (we both ate pasta) was mouth-watering. I haven't had pasta that fresh since my grandmother was alive. Thank you for a wonderful evening - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & AuthenticFoodieMamaDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful salads and pasta...homemade all the way. Sweet little place that is perfect for a special evening with a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice local spotBCCLDined on 6/27/2014The food is very good. The space is small and they have a window of one and a half hours of table time. We never heard of this but it is a very small place and they try to keep the flow going. We believe you can call them and ask for extra time. If we had room for dessert, we would had gone over by at least 45 minutes. This restaurant would benefit from looking for a larger location. The food is very good, large portions. The service is attentive but the space is tight.Special Features:
- Always First ClassGiacamoDined on 6/25/2014We have dined at a many great places this fabulous restaurant never ever disappoints . Food and service first classSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasureLissaquahDined on 6/25/2014We celebrated our 31st anniversary at Montalcino. The food and atmosphere were divine. A few weeks back we dined here with our adult children and I regretted not having the ravioli special because it was so good. Lucky for me, the ravioli special was still on the menu. It was worth the wait. We usually have the cannoli for dessert, which we love, but this time we tried the limoncello gelato. I have a new favorite dessert! We are considering making Montalcino a weekly event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocktailstipppyDined on 6/24/2014Everything excellent Wish they offered the option of cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Great Little Spot!brydogDined on 6/24/2014A great little slightly-out-of-the-way-but-not-really Italian spot in downtown Issaquah. My gosh, the food was fantastic! The service and vibe also great. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Romantic & PerfectloveditDined on 6/22/2014Best restaurant we've been to in a long time, . It feels as though you're in Italy, intimate dining area, live accordion music, excellent service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make reservations early!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014High demand spot- worth it! The food and ambiance is amazing, never disappoints. We go here for most family reservations. Just make sure to book a reservation early because they are at capacity most nights.Special Features: